Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
loving Gwent guy in Wyzima. Well, lets see how it goes in Velen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

DoctorGonzo posted:

loving Gwent guy in Wyzima. Well, lets see how it goes in Velen.

Just build your deck up more. He's intentionally hard to beat, but far from impossible.

Honestly, the loving tournament in Blood and Wine was the hardest one for me. Holy poo poo that was rough :o

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

New patch notes

http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Changelog-1.30-ENG.pdf

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Very happy to see the underwater bolt issue fixed, if it's the same thing that I've experienced.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

quote:

Fixes issue
whereby the Euphoria buff was not applied correctly following the imbibing of a
decoction.

oh poo poo is this a nerf

I suspect Euphoria wasn't supposed to take Decoction toxicity into account, like Delayed Recovery

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Shadowrun: Dragonfall was set in a commune in Berlin. It was really loving neat.
And Shadowrun: Hong Kong is pretty obvious where its set. The only new Shadowrun that takes place in America is Returns.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Capilarean posted:

Well in the "best" ending to that plot, The Baron disappears into the mountains with his wife, while his daughter makes a first wary move to reconnect with her father, but is forced to stay with her duties. It works as a vaguely hopeful open ending to that whole mess, I guess I just prefer some kind of closure.

Last I saw her, she was working in the Novigrad brothel, where you could tease her about "her duties".

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Xander77 posted:

Yes, but the later visions still show Olgierd being in debt and trying to contact Gaunter. Like I said, it feels like Olgierd has two separate origin stories.

They do? The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is when the study catches on fire, but that's Olgierd trying to break the pact.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
After being on one playthrough since the game cane out, I finally got to the part where you get drunk with the boys.

GOTY every year forever

I already...went..........togetfood

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Claverjoe posted:

Last I saw her, she was working in the Novigrad brothel, where you could tease her about "her duties".
:prepop: You mean Crippled Cate's or the Passiflora?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Phi230 posted:

After being on one playthrough since the game cane out, I finally got to the part where you get drunk with the boys.

GOTY every year forever

I already...went..........togetfood

that entire sequence is fantastic and one of the things I think is worth minor spoiling for new players -- when given a chance for drunken shenanigans take it all the way

SUMMON THE BITCHES

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pellisworth posted:

that entire sequence is fantastic and one of the things I think is worth minor spoiling for new players -- when given a chance for drunken shenanigans take it all the way

SUMMON THE BITCHES

Yens response was so realistic. Especially the way Geralt looked at her when she was pissed.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I'm currently going through a 2nd run with the intention to do several of the major choices differently, but I'm not sure I can go over to team Triss. She's just a bit... annoying.

It feels similar to when I try to do an evil run of an RPG and I can't bring myself to murder the children. I can't break Yen's heart.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Pellisworth posted:

SUMMON THE BITCHES

The whole time that was going on I thought it was going to damage my relationship with Yenn, but I had to keep going and see what would happen. Completely worth it (and with no ill effects). Is there ever a point in this game where getting drunk isn't the correct choice?

Regarding Gwent, I always thought it was funny that Geralt has a super-powered card of himself and everyone just rolls with it. Just once I'd love to see some random townsperson get pissed and toss down a hastily scribbled "Hans the Blacksmith" card that's 50 power with muster and unaffected by weather.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Hobo Clown posted:

Is there ever a point in this game where getting drunk isn't the correct choice?
Yes, unless you want the Bad Ending. I had problems understanding what the choices given to me were and I wound up getting the Bad Ending and having mild depression for a couple weeks for letting down a video game daughter despite every other thing I did right.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I like to think Gwent is actually a weird, magical, mildly eldritch juju and everyone actually sees their own versions of cards.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Megazver posted:

I like to think Gwent is actually a weird, magical, mildly eldritch juju and everyone actually sees their own versions of cards.

I'll buy this explanation, but only if Dandelion sees every card as a Dandelion card.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Crappy Jack posted:

I'll buy this explanation, but only if Dandelion sees every card as a Dandelion card.

Just the specials. The rest of them are naked ladies.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

We've already seen Dandelion's deck in Witcher 1.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Rather Dashing posted:

I'm currently going through a 2nd run with the intention to do several of the major choices differently, but I'm not sure I can go over to team Triss. She's just a bit... annoying.

It feels similar to when I try to do an evil run of an RPG and I can't bring myself to murder the children. I can't break Yen's heart.

Yen is a power-hungry, short-sighted user of people.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Palpek posted:

We've already seen Dandelion's deck in Witcher 1.

:golfclap:

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

AlternateAccount posted:

not really

Triss is much more of a user, she spent the first two Witcher games lying to amnesia'd Geralt that Triss was his sorceress lover he barely recalls (not Yen). That's pretty creepy.

Your choice comes down to ice queen soulmate vs. stalker fangirl.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

AlternateAccount posted:

Pellisworth posted:

not really

Triss is much more of a user, she spent the first two Witcher games lying to amnesia'd Geralt that Triss was his sorceress lover he barely recalls (not Yen). That's pretty creepy.

Your choice comes down to ice queen soulmate vs. stalker fangirl.

Imagine I'm slowly morphing into Uma as I contribute to this conversation, but yeah I can't imagine a real-world analog for what Triss apparently did with the amnesia stuff that isn't wildly upsetting.

Luckily I only played Witcher 3, so think they are both pretty okay.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

AlternateAccount posted:

lol Triss literally:

1. date raped geralt

2. manipulated his memory loss to seduce him

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

poor life choice posted:

Imagine I'm slowly morphing into Uma as I contribute to this conversation, but yeah I can't imagine a real-world analog for what Triss apparently did with the amnesia stuff that isn't wildly upsetting.

Luckily I only played Witcher 3, so think they are both pretty okay.

Uma is the best

lil bleater is the best

princess is the best

gonna form a GOAT squad of all the minor less serious characters

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Re: The Bloody Baron's daughter

Claverjoe posted:

Seriously? That's incredibly hosed up, the Witch Hunter she was working with seemed fairly sensible/honorable even if he does work for a xenophobic organization - he seemed to genuinely value her I thought :smith:

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

A mundane explanation: There are only so many character models in the game. By oversight they gave a prostitute the same one as a plot-relevant NPC. You can meet this doppelganger-prostitute before meeting the NPC with the same model. Maybe in the GOTY version they'll give one of them a mustache to void confusion.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah it's clearly not the same character.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
It's pretty telling about the Witcher setting that the Baron's daughter ending up at a brothel is a believable outcome

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RatHat posted:

Yeah it's clearly not the same character.

Oh okay, I assumed from the way the post was written that it was explicit in dialogue that it is the same character. I'm glad it's not :unsmith:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Finally finished the game yesterday. Its just so good. Despite cocking up a couple times, I got the best ending or close to it Ciri is witcher, nilfgaard wins and leaves temeria free beneath it, cerys rules skellige and stops raiding, geralt retires with yennefer

It was a really satisfying ending that didn't feel weak, but I felt like there was room for more that wasn't explored. Quite a few characters are not mentioned at all like the witchers and the wizards, and after looking up the other endings I notice some of them only show up in some endings but not others (such as zoltan and dandelion). After phillipa eilhart pretty much straight up tells you that she's taking control the moment yennefer leaves, I wanted to do something about that or maybe not leave the nilfgaardian court at all because philippa is still pretty goddamn awful and definitely a threat.

Most notably, everything about the white frost felt really sudden and the resolution to it was incredibly abstract, considering it's a stop to the formerly-inevitable apocalypse of the entire universe. It was only mentioned here and there in a few non-plot-related books before that point unless I'm forgetting something, and you aren't shown anything other than ciri's flashbacks. Then oh, she just stopped the heat death of the universe, ho hum.

Also god drat, the bad ending. The last scene in particular but really just everything about it. God drat

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The White Frost is brought up in Witcher 1.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Pellisworth posted:

It's pretty telling about the Witcher setting that the Baron's daughter ending up at a brothel is a believable outcome

It might be if she wasn't supposed to be like 15.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Digirat posted:

It was a really satisfying ending that didn't feel weak, but I felt like there was room for more that wasn't explored.

A lot of the context of that ending comes from Geralt and Yennefer saying enough is enough and screw whoever is in charge of anything. Philippa has no bone with either of them and she is pretty drat relieved that they go because if there are any people who can certainly ruin her poo poo, certainly is that couple. Ciri becoming a witcheress is also a continuation on that theme: she is finally relieved from being Most Important Person Alive and can do whatever the gently caress she wants.

Funnily enough, if you end up with Triss, she takes a job as the king's sorceress in the northern kingdom of Kovir. Geralt probably goes "...really" at that.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

RatHat posted:

It might be if she wasn't supposed to be like 15.

Obviously it's super gross but really not out of place for the setting. Battered daughter of Bloody Baron becomes prostitute, news at 11.

I totally bought it until it was pointed out that it's a reused model and not actually intended to be a teenage girl.

The Witcher universe is in fact extremely lovely for most people. Much like medieval Eastern Europe on which it's modeled.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Transmetropolitan posted:

A lot of the context of that ending comes from Geralt and Yennefer saying enough is enough and screw whoever is in charge of anything. Philippa has no bone with either of them and she is pretty drat relieved that they go because if there are any people who can certainly ruin her poo poo, certainly is that couple. Ciri becoming a witcheress is also a continuation on that theme: she is finally relieved from being Most Important Person Alive and can do whatever the gently caress she wants.

Funnily enough, if you end up with Triss, she takes a job as the king's sorceress in the northern kingdom of Kovir. Geralt probably goes "...really" at that.

There's a lot less politicking and war over in Kovir given it's dedication to being a Switzerland analouge neutral country that is the main financial center for the continent. Koviri court mage is probably as cushy a job as any mage can get.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Accordion Man posted:

The White Frost is brought up in Witcher 1.

It's the entire final level and the endboss is relevant, too.
You just get suckered into a long winded political mess during TW2 that turned out to be a complete waste of time. Oops.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

AlternateAccount posted:

Them fighting words.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
There's nothing new in the GOTY if I have the base game plus season pass right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

There's nothing new in the GOTY if I have the base game plus season pass right?

Nope.