Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

AMorePerfctGoonion posted:

Seriously, though, medical waste. Each woman has about 300,000 ova and ovaries are removed for all kinds of reasons. Millions is low-balling it.

You're going to want to get a woman's permission before you use their extracted ova for your art project!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

I wonder if she even called him first, or if this is her telling him.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/770286767664668672
And I think we all know who this is addressed to.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Does anyone still have that chart or infographic about the top 3 things that different races see as the problem in america? Where all the Minorities picked Racism as number one?

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's not the amount of effort, its the inconsistency with which it's applied. Pro-lifers put a lot of effort into preventing one specific type of abortion, which pales in numerical comparison to spontaneous abortions. It's pretty clear they care more about the lesser of the two.

If you believe that natural causes are an expression of God's will, and that artificial abortion is violating that, this is a perfectly rational position to take. It's the mainstream position of the largest denomination of Christians in the world.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Anthony Weiner is the dumbest man in history.

He had a cushy job in congress that he could stay in for life, he had a second shot to become mayor of New York, and he was married to a super-model level brilliant woman who is tight with the future President of the USA.

He demolished all of this in order to... not actually sleep with anyone.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

this should have happened way long ago

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

He had a cushy job in congress that he could stay in for life, he had a second shot to become mayor of New York, and he was married to a super-model level brilliant woman who is tight with the future President of the USA.

God drat millennials! :argh:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

he's a dumb rear end in a top hat

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Some people are just idiots like that

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Dexo posted:

Does anyone still have that chart or infographic about the top 3 things that different races see as the problem in america? Where all the Minorities picked Racism as number one?

I'm also very interested in this and couldn't find it yesterday.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

AMorePerfctGoonion posted:

No, it's not that pro-lifers aren't giving 100%, it's that they are focusing entirely on the embryopeople
Mods, can we get a word-filter to change pro-life to embryophile?

I know journalism is dead but oh to be a writer at a tabloid right now with all the Weiner puns.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/AriMelber/status/770277754784903168

We're just going to change the border attribute from dashed to solid bing bong so simple.

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

You're going to want to get a woman's permission before you use their extracted ova for your art project!

Oh, I'm sure they'll be willing to donate their body parts to the cause of mass embryonic slaughter.

I hadn't really thought of it as modern art, more of as an automatic baby-killing-machine, but now you mention it I think I could have a shot at the Turner prize. Maybe I can get Damien Hirst to collaborate...

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

zoux posted:

<tweet>

We're just going to change the border attribute from dashed to solid bing bong so simple.

the even better tweet on this: https://twitter.com/NoahCRothman/status/770251886570209281

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Geostomp posted:

Why is it that these moral crusaders only seem to care about life before birth? I mean, she flat out says that preventing abortions is more important than anything else, even if Trump being in charge leads to millions of deaths of currently existing humans.

You'd think that if they were so offended by the idea of abortion, they'd help supply education and contraception or even endorse adoption programs, but nope! They expect to do absolutely nothing but wag their fingers at anyone pregnant who doesn't want to be.

human beings are programmed to really love babies. like, a whole lot. sometimes this programming goes a little nuts and you end up with anti-abortion fanatics - to them it feels like abortion is equivalent to stabbing a little baby with a knife

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

zoux posted:

Does this mean Mexico will be forced to pay with bitcoin now?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Why did Abedin choose to stay with Weiner anyway? Like, seriously if I mean she is supposed to be as political as Hillary?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
the actual wall is just going to be a politely worded sign in san ysidro saying "please do not cross this line"

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I'd be laughing at Trump's supposed immigration flip flop, if it wasn't for seeing his followers admit that the wall may just be metaphorical but also not really. They're used to his quantum superimposed Schroedinger's bullshit.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

In terms of actual secure border policy (if you like such things), virtual wall + personnel is what the actual border hawks recommend, so this is a move towards more sensible policy. But since his only actual position has been "Build the Wall, you better believe we're going to build the wall" It's going to piss off a lot of racists.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

zoux posted:

In terms of actual secure border policy (if you like such things), virtual wall + personnel is what the actual border hawks recommend, so this is a move towards more sensible policy. But since his only actual position has been "Build the Wall, you better believe we're going to build the wall" It's going to piss off a lot of racists.

He goes out of his way to say it will be a "real wall" at his rallies, so just lol.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
By "technological" he clearly meant outfitting the wall with sick-rear end death lasers :hellyeah:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

WampaLord posted:

He goes out of his way to say it will be a "real wall" at his rallies, so just lol.

That was just sarcasm, duh, don't you get sarcasm?

Unless you agreed with him, then it was totally sincere

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

zoux posted:

It's also just a smoke screen anyway because he doesn't have a real policy.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

zoux posted:

God damnit now I have to admit that my conservative family member was right. And then he's gonna vote for Trump after all. In Florida. Ugh.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

fits my needs posted:

Why did Abedin choose to stay with Weiner anyway? Like, seriously if I mean she is supposed to be as political as Hillary?

Probably because her boss did the same thing when her husband had a big extramarital scandal. Bill had one very public instance of being unfaithful, but Hillary stuck with him. Anthony hosed up once, Huma gave him a second chance, and he blew it.

There's also rumors that they had separated prior, only now making it official by means of making it public, but grain of salt on that.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

HorseRenoir posted:

By "technological" he clearly meant outfitting the wall with sick-rear end death lasers :hellyeah:

Reagan had Star Wars, Trump will have Star Killer.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

fits my needs posted:

We can't really speculate on their personal lives. Could be any number of totally legitimate personal reasons.

If we wanna be cynical, maybe she stayed with him because his indiscretions make people more sympathetic towards her, in the same way that Monica Lewinsky generally makes people more sympathetic towards Hillary.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

It's also just a smoke screen anyway because he doesn't have a real policy.

Right, but it's the centerpiece of his scam, so if he goes back on that and doesn't face a revolt from his supporters, he'll know he really can do anything.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Popular Thug Drink posted:

human beings are programmed to really love babies. like, a whole lot. sometimes this programming goes a little nuts and you end up with anti-abortion fanatics - to them it feels like abortion is equivalent to stabbing a little baby with a knife
If there was some guy that was going around town killing six-month-olds, and the law allowed him to continue doing this, I would have no problem murdering that man and then doing my time. The fact that abortion clinics are rarely bombed and abortion doctors rarely get murdered when there are 100+ million pro-life supporters strongly suggests that they don't actually equate abortion with baby murder.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pakled posted:

We can't really speculate on their personal lives. Could be any number of totally legitimate personal reasons.

If we wanna be cynical, maybe she stayed with him because his indiscretions make people more sympathetic towards her, in the same way that Monica Lewinsky generally makes people more sympathetic towards Hillary.

Yeah, but doesn't it go the other way too with people seeing it as someone being naive? Or I guess that makes her more human or something?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Periodiko posted:

If you believe that natural causes are an expression of God's will, and that artificial abortion is violating that, this is a perfectly rational position to take. It's the mainstream position of the largest denomination of Christians in the world.

Fair enough. God works in mysterious ways. Like killing a third of humanity before birth. I don't know why I question it.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh look Trump came up with an angle on this so stupid I didn't even conceive of it.

https://twitter.com/NYTnickc/status/770291768852090880

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

fits my needs posted:

Yeah, but doesn't it go the other way too with people seeing it as someone being naive? Or I guess that makes her more human or something?

Congrats. You've discovered Hillary's double bind.

EDIT:

zoux posted:

Oh look Trump came up with an angle on this so stupid I didn't even conceive of it.

Never underestimate Trump's ability to project his flaws on to others.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Anthony Weiner is a very dumb man

RIP Carlos Danger

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

*blows smoke off postin' fingers*

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

DOOP posted:

Anthony Weiner is a very dumb man

RIP Carlos Danger
The saddest part in all this is that John Oliver is on a month long break. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Artificer posted:

So are states going to do anything about this or is the slow ponderous heft of state-level governments too drat slow to make a move against this?
I dunno about Arizona, but Illinois is in such poor financial straits it can't afford to pay attention.

• Locked thread