Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
Support management invited the entire company to a webinar about our recent salesforce rollout

Somehow 700 people joining a meeting at the same time didn't work....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Support management invited the entire company to a webinar about our recent salesforce rollout

Somehow 700 people joining a meeting at the same time didn't work....

If someone did this at my hypothetical job I'd pay some russian hacker $15 to ddos that poo poo or whatever and take the rest of the afternoon off

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Captain Foo posted:

i had a call that went well today, but it wasn't a conference call

:heysexy:

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
i literally writhe around on the ground with my hands on my face while doing teleconferences from home. just praying that what i said made sense and i dont have to clarify anything. answering complicated questions over telecon with multiple people is the the pits!

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Arcsech posted:

one of the best engineers in our building routinely shows up to meetings 5-10 minutes late

this has never once caused a problem that i can remember. it is almost certainly intentional

hey, im pretty good and all, but.... well, thank you!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

French Canadian posted:

i literally writhe around on the ground with my hands on my face while doing teleconferences from home. just praying that what i said made sense and i dont have to clarify anything. answering complicated questions over telecon with multiple people is the the pits!

same but when reading your posts

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

BONGHITZ posted:

same but when reading your posts

:captainpop:

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Get an email for a canceled (and useless) "standup" which is more like 15+ minutes on a phone being bored listening to offshore people prattle. Get to office.

Everyone had the call anyway.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Meeting canceled! Call in at 11am.

:calls in before the usual time:

Everyone's already on. And rescheduling for tomorrow.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
we need some kind of general corporation fuckery thread cuz i just learned about a massive clusterfuck a-brewing that's unfortunately not online meeting related

sure is resulting in a bunch of them tho.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i've been aware for a while now that most of our meetings hosted through bluejeans are totally open to the public, you just need to know the meeting name. the meeting name is usually first letter of first name + lastname.

most people assume that you need to be on the vpn or have an sso ticket or something, but no, you can just join in. i'm not really concerned about anyone joining my own meetings, but there are some people here who would be targetted for that kind of thing by people on the internet.

i've alerted the bluejeans team and they just tell me 'working as intended' because sales people use meetings in this way.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Iridium posted:

we need some kind of general corporation fuckery thread cuz i just learned about a massive clusterfuck a-brewing that's unfortunately not online meeting related

sure is resulting in a bunch of them tho.

it's called cjs

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i've been aware for a while now that most of our meetings hosted through bluejeans are totally open to the public, you just need to know the meeting name. the meeting name is usually first letter of first name + lastname.

most people assume that you need to be on the vpn or have an sso ticket or something, but no, you can just join in. i'm not really concerned about anyone joining my own meetings, but there are some people here who would be targetted for that kind of thing by people on the internet.

i've alerted the bluejeans team and they just tell me 'working as intended' because sales people use meetings in this way.

lol

skype for business at least gives an audible alert to the meeting if someone from outside your organization that didn't specifically get an invite joins a meeting

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
Use your loving headset please, so we don't have to hear every goddamn keystroke explode against our eardrums and your phone vibrating near your computer nonstop.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

mishaq posted:

lol

skype for business at least gives an audible alert to the meeting if someone from outside your organization that didn't specifically get an invite joins a meeting

yeah, we get notifications when people join and i'm sure like, the sales team is aware of this behavior, but i dont think anyone else is.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Rooney McNibnug posted:

Use your loving headset please, so we don't have to hear every goddamn keystroke explode against our eardrums and your phone vibrating near your computer nonstop.

i dont own a headset

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i dont own a headset

Root cause uncovered, please resolve.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
my only problem with skype for business online business 2 business meetings is that everyone uses their computer for audio which exposes you to loads of bad built in mics and poor internet connections.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Shaggar posted:

my only problem with skype for business online business 2 business meetings is that everyone uses their computer for audio which exposes you to loads of bad built in mics and poor internet connections.

Buy a headset you broke dick rubes

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i have a headset its other people that don't.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

maniacdevnull posted:

Buy a headset you broke dick rubes

When we transitioned away from handsets the company bought everyone a headset

Since them it seems like 85% of them have gone missing

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

built in mics in laptops are still much better quality than dialing in with your phone

the problem i see too often is people leaving the built in mic on their laptop on while simultaneously dialing in on their deskphone for nice feedback loops

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

mishaq posted:

the problem i see too often is people leaving the built in mic on their laptop on while simultaneously dialing in on their deskphone for nice feedback loops

this is exactly what happens when we use blue jeans

personally i have unlimited minutes and my own phone isnt 15 year old cisco junk so i just use that and a good headset and can use jabber if i want to avoid the compression of modern cellphones

and i can just leave the building and go for walks while listening and thats required for frustrating calls

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i can't get over how stupid a name that is for a teleconf service

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
that moment you realize you can recognize who called in to the bridge by what background noise they add without thinking to mute it

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Iridium posted:

that moment you realize you can recognize who called in to the bridge by what background noise they add without thinking to mute it

you're in too deep

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

Iridium posted:

Time to update your resume?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
"can you send me the document again?"

"it's in the meeting invite, it's attached"

"oh"

e: call just dropped, real glad I got up an hour early for this

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 30, 2016

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
hey guys just joining in from the airport before my flight, so on the wolensky I file, it's very important that

*baby starts crying in the background*

because otherwise

*flight announcement in the background*

ok gotta go

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

FrozenVent posted:

hey guys just joining in from the airport before my flight, so on the wolensky I file, it's very important that

*baby starts crying in the background*

because otherwise

*flight announcement in the background*

ok gotta go

lol

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

someone on a call must have had two phones dialed into the conference in the same room because we just got pretty hilarious echo/feedback/loudening as one phone picked up the "you have joined the call" and broadcast it then the second phone picked that up and broadcast it etc etc

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I'm involved in a tiny magazine about bugs and photography. We are five editors and just failed to have a Skype meeting because the main ed couldn't add people to the conversation without the entire call disconnecting.

another science thing I'm involved in has meetings through G+ Hangouts. they sort of work most of the time until some old guy fails to connect from his ancient Mac.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

axolotl farmer posted:

tiny magazine about bugs

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

teeny lil bugsmpolitan with sex tips and stuff

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
tiny bug magazine

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

sports buglstrated swimsuit edition

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

diet tips to get your beach thorax NOW!

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"I'm not seeing your skype screenshare, you want to try and restart it?"

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Rooney McNibnug posted:

or the other way around where the same guy asks if everyone can see his screen every call and its always yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

*long pause while guy waits for someone, anyone, to say no*

'okay, so if you look here'

*screenshare becomes lethargic and nothing shows correctly*

• Locked thread