Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It's not a .png, but a somewhat-good friend of mine, unless he's talking about something specific in his life, constantly reposts jokes and witty things from Twitter without giving credit. I mean, in the grand scheme of things, who cares because they're not even that funny, but jesus christ it's irritating, especially because he makes no effort to dissuade people from complimenting his sharp sense of humour.

One of the first times we were hanging out, he mentioned something about 'Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement' (You won't wear a shirt, and you'll cry!') which we all laughed at and I thought was neat and original, because it fit so well with whatever we were doing.

And then, years later, I hear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNoXy3MsC3Y&t=43s (if it doesn't go there automatically, it's at 0:50).

An acquaintance of mine used to do that on MySpace all the time. One day, I noticed that when he made these long posts the writing style different, yet sounded oddly familiar. It turned out he was pasting complete Maddox posts into his MySpace so I replied "lol good one, Maddox!" or something to that effect. Other people then called him out and he got pissed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

An acquaintance of mine used to do that on MySpace all the time. One day, I noticed that when he made these long posts the writing style different, yet sounded oddly familiar. It turned out he was pasting complete Maddox posts into his MySpace so I replied "lol good one, Maddox!" or something to that effect. Other people then called him out and he got pissed.

Maddox, jesus, that name takes me back. Back to an earlier internet.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

that baby had a chance

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Isn't it a crime not to register a baby?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
it should be that guy is going to have a horrible time entering society if his parents keep loving him up

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
That baby will never be president now.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Lt. Chips posted:

That baby will never be president now.

:can:

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
What are that kids chances of actually surviving to an age where it can legally sever all connection to it's dumbass parents?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

idk how that's legal but in any case lmao that baby is gonna have poo poo a hard loving time doing anything at all

can't get a SS number with no birth cert which means baby won't even be able to open a bank account

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
pretty sure it wont even be able to go to school! I'm sure they have an exhaustive home schooling regimen planned though.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Moridin920 posted:

idk how that's legal but in any case lmao that baby is gonna have poo poo a hard loving time doing anything at all

can't get a SS number with no birth cert which means baby won't even be able to open a bank account

Some career choices:

- drug dealer
- paid-under-the-table dishwasher/construction/etc.

Parent of the century.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Moridin920 posted:

Atleast Obama's not going to take my baby! :freep:

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

pretty sure it wont even be able to go to school! I'm sure they have an exhaustive home schooling regimen planned though.

You think he'll need that? He's fresh out the womb and he already said "Black Power"? Just name him Dr. X King Jr. fam

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

Wokest baby in the world.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Dreddout posted:

Atleast Obama's not going to take my baby! :freep:

Actually, the government might take this child away from its mother specifically because of her actions if this auspicious start is any indication! Shocking!

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
the birth certificate thing is weird enough but why the hell did they insist on not cutting off the umbilical cord and keeping the placenta? for a tasty snack on the way home or something?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I'm pretty sure you have like 1 year to register with SSA but hospitals push that poo poo super hard because the only reason not to do it immediately is if you are a paranoiac.

You CAN get a SSN without a birth certificate, but your parents have to sign off on it.

See the saga of Alecia Pennington for the worst case scenario (outside of dying of an easily preventable disease)

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Howard Beale posted:

the birth certificate thing is weird enough but why the hell did they insist on not cutting off the umbilical cord and keeping the placenta? for a tasty snack on the way home or something?

the evil scientist yakub harvests dna from the umbilical cord+placenta of black babies in order to create more white devils

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Howard Beale posted:

magic. Placentas are magic.

There is some research suggesting that clamping or removing the placenta too soon is linked to lower blood levels in the infant. Beyond that: magic.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I know the Japanese have some cultural tradition of keeping the umbilical cord in a box as a keepsake or some poo poo. Some people make the placenta into a stew or whatever, I guess.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
You store the placenta in the freezer. Then at the first birthday, everybody eats a small piece. Its a hallowed tradition!

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pvt.Scott posted:

I know the Japanese have some cultural tradition of keeping the umbilical cord in a box as a keepsake or some poo poo. Some people make the placenta into a stew or whatever, I guess.

Navajo will bury the umbilical cord in the lands they call home.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
I am learning many new and exciting things about the umbilical cord and placenta today

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Hoteps getting into Sovereign Citizen poo poo is the funniest thing in the entire world

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
The only viable career choice that poor kid's going to have is insane hermit.

Mr_Schmoo
Dec 10, 2002

If a child doesn't have a birth certificate, but their parents have an active Facebook account where they say that they are not doing the paperwork, and the child is mentioned and photographed often, can that help the kid? Can a Facebook account be this poor kid's only proof of existence?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mr_Schmoo posted:

If a child doesn't have a birth certificate, but their parents have an active Facebook account where they say that they are not doing the paperwork, and the child is mentioned and photographed often, can that help the kid? Can a Facebook account be this poor kid's only proof of existence?

afaik you have to write to your state requesting your birth records and when they say 'you don't have any lol' you take that letter to a court and get a judge to put a court order in that you can get a birth cert written up. and yeah I suppose photos and FB evidence is better than nothing at all in that case.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 29, 2016

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
If you wait till they are like 5 then get a birth certificate saying they are 3 then they'll be slightly older/bigger than the other kids, do better in sports, and have a higher chance of getting a scholarship to college. Really a pretty good idea to not get your kid a birth certificate right away.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i mean yeah if you want to commit fraud lol

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Moridin920 posted:

i mean yeah if you want to commit fraud lol

Isn't that what civilization has been built over?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I like his belief that having a birth certificate is being "owned by the state"

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
The leaving the placenta and umbilical cord attached is not at all the same thing as just taking home the umbilical cord or placenta. People who do those things (for keepsakes or eating or literally planting in their garden) have the poo poo cut off the baby in the normal way.

What these people are doing is a stupid thing called "Lotus Birth" where you leave the umbilical cord and placenta attached to the baby until it falls off on its own. It's hosed up, because the placenta, like any other piece of unrefrigerated meat, starts rotting. But it's called Lotus Birth, how could that possibly be bad?!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_birth

GIS it if you want to :barf:

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
If the Liberals have their way, you won't need any documents to function in society.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Moridin920 posted:

afaik you have to write to your state requesting your birth records and when they say 'you don't have any lol' you take that letter to a court and get a judge to put a court order in that you can get a birth cert written up. and yeah I suppose photos and FB evidence is better than nothing at all in that case.

This. Happens all the time in hella poor rural communities.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

ChesterJT posted:

I like his belief that having a birth certificate is being "owned by the state"

Berth Certificate. It's SovCit insanity.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
but man like that kid wont go to school or anything, it's really sad. I wonder if they'll try to sign up for WIC or whatever and be PISSED they didn't get that gov money when their kid is not recognized by any sector of the govt

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

but man like that kid wont go to school or anything, it's really sad. I wonder if they'll try to sign up for WIC or whatever and be PISSED they didn't get that gov money when their kid is not recognized by any sector of the govt

Self owned

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I wonder if they'll try to sign up for WIC

Nice racism, fucktard. Go back to stormfront

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What part of the Women Infants and Children program is racist? I didn't know diapers, milk and formula were so opinionated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pvt.Scott posted:

What part of the Women Infants and Children program is racist? I didn't know diapers, milk and formula were so opinionated.
they're trying to get a sick burn in on the robocop menace, i think

• Locked thread