Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It wouldn't shock me if Arcnologia or whatever shows up and clowns the whole lot of them minus Zeref to show how powerful he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Mashima art.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Rejoice overwatch fans, dva's boobs are Mashima endorsed.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

RatHat posted:

I'm looking forward to whatever bullshit happens that allows Fairy tail to win.

Erza's back after her power nap, the rest of the heavy hitters also got a power nap, and Zerif's entire plan has ammounted to messing with their guild and hurting their revived ghost mom. Regular Fairy Tale level violence should suffice.

Also Eileen is going to talk poo poo about her daughter's boyfriend, and then Erza is going to go off on her.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
gently caress YEAH GUILDARTS

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This chapter reminds me that it is surprising there is no Fairy Tail warriors game.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

chumbler posted:

This chapter reminds me that it is surprising there is no Fairy Tail warriors game.

They'd have to get one for Bleach One Piece and Rave Master first.

The main issue is One Piece :v:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

EponymousMrYar posted:

They'd have to get one for Bleach One Piece and Rave Master first.

The main issue is One Piece :v:

I think One Piece at least is taken care of three times over.

Fairy Tail would definitely be hella well suited to the genre though. Maybe after they finish the new Berserk one.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
It is good to see my intended ignorance of One Piece merchandise is still holding up well. Better than expected even :stare:

I still stand by my Rave Master comment though (even if that ship has sailed and it's gotten it's own gamut of games that aren't Dynasty Warriors style.)

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
There is a depressing shortage of good anime based fighting games. If Arc System Works gave any of the major series like One Piece or Fairy Tail the same treatment as Persona 4 it would be spectacular. The Bleach fighting games are generally mediocre shovelware.

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012
Thank you Fairy Tail. I've been waiting forever for Gildarts to step in and bring the smackdown once more.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Naruto had fun fighting games, at least in the PS2 era, and I'm sure the Narutimate / Ultimate Storm stuff are considered way better than the anime.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Deliciouscesium posted:

Thank you Fairy Tail. I've been waiting forever for Gildarts to step in and bring the smackdown once more.

the only real problem is that we didn't need the first half of the arc since everything got zeroed out.

bondster
May 6, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Naruto had fun fighting games, at least in the PS2 era, and I'm sure the Narutimate / Ultimate Storm stuff are considered way better than the anime.

Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 is if CyberConnect2 implanted Asura's Wrath into Naruto storyline.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS764OIrVlI this is the opening fight of ultimate ninja storm 4

bondster fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 26, 2016

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

New Chapter

Seems like just a setup chapter. Nothing of note happened I guess.

Statham mage is still funny imo. And I liked how Rogue and Minerva were led to the battlefield by (RANDOM FAIRY TAIL MEMBER #142).

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I think Gildarts is hungry.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

New Chapter

Statham mage is still funny imo. And I liked how Rogue and Minerva were led to the battlefield by (RANDOM FAIRY TAIL MEMBER #142).

A setup chapter by Fairy Tail standards, but a lot still happened. Three fights started, and one (Gildarts vs. Serena) was possibly resolved.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

New Chapter

Nah, she has a name, which I can't remember. She's the post 7-year time skip waitress who used to be Cobra's giant snake but was somehow turned into a lady.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
New Chapter.

Nobody dies in Fairy Tail- looking forward to seeing how this is reversed.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Ah, we are back into "so drat stupid its funny" territory Yes, Juvia's secret and tactical magic of having her water turn to blood for a blood transfusion. Lets just ignore that Gray would still have a massive chest wound from his sword and pierced internal organs!

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
So how many chapters does everyone think we're going to have to pretend that Juvia's dead for before she comes back?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

So how many chapters does everyone think we're going to have to pretend that Juvia's dead for before she comes back?

Same as we had to pretend that Gajeel was dead.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I don't think anyone would take the over if it was set at 2 chapters.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

bondster posted:

Ah, we are back into "so drat stupid its funny" territory Yes, Juvia's secret and tactical magic of having her water turn to blood for a blood transfusion. Lets just ignore that Gray would still have a massive chest wound from his sword and pierced internal organs!

Anime characters don't have organs, they somehow operate only with blood.

Also remember when Natsu had a magic tumor for like 5 minutes? I had forgotten!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Characters not staying dead is fine by me.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
If they had both died permanently it would've been a good chapter.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
As soon as Gray beats his opponent, Mavis will get her magic powers back and somehow heal everyone, is my guess.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

bondster posted:

Do you even know the power of nakama?

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Sep 5, 2016

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone else think the proportions on Grey on the final page are a little...off? He has baby arms is what I'm saying.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

bondster posted:

I assume his Demon Slayer powers are holding him together to an extent. I don't expect realistic treatment of injuries in shonen manga anyway.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

QuasiQuack posted:

If they had both died permanently it would've been a good chapter.

I'd imagine it'd be a poo poo chapter if they both died, since there'd be no catharsis to Invel saying that he didn't plan on it and he'd just have to beat E.N.D. himself while dismissing them. Frankly, I'm just as glad neither died, since it'd pretty much waste hundreds of chapters of Juvia crushing on Grey to have them die without really making anything of their relationship.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

bondster posted:

He's got it stopped up with ice in the last panel. Besides, Grey is a little bitch about it and just stabbed himself through the side above his kidneys. Juvia showed her true love by stabbing herself just below her sternum, through her spine, and out through the back.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

bondster posted:

Look closely at the final page. You can see through the wound.
Obviously something's up.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
New Chapter's Up

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

The answer was one, apparently

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

New Chapter's Up

The answer was one, apparently

Although at least the means of reviving her involved Wendy and Charle's established abilities, instead of nonsense like Gajeel falling through a convenient hole in space-time.

I like that Mashima remembered that Brandish isn't really a good person. She seems to genuinely care about August, but aside from that, it feels like her only reactions are apathy, mercy based on a legalistic sense of obligation, and sadistic contempt. Mostly apathy.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Sep 5, 2016

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
You're giving him way too much credit, this is just to try and muster up some tension before she decides friends are better than empires of death

This chapter had it all in terms of Fairy Tail.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't really remember, but wasn't it said somewhere earlier in this arc that Zeref was actually a pretty good ruler?

Also, I am glad Juvia did not stay dead.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 5, 2016

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

chumbler posted:

I don't really remember, but wasn't it said somewhere earlier in this arc that Zeref was actually a pretty good ruler?

Chapter 444, before the reveal that the emperor was indeed Zeref.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm glad she isn't dead but it's going to be annoying if Grey's arc with her doesn't move forward a little. Or a lot. It looks like instead he's gonna get his end boner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The Grey and Juvia relationship will prove that in the end, being a creepy stalker who doesn't value other people's personal space is the path to love.

• Locked thread