Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

deadly_pudding posted:

support builds.

Oh boy do I have bad news for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Waci posted:

Oh boy do I have bad news for you

Well, you know. I mean equipping a staff and swapping out my "everything is on fire" traits to "everything is on fire and that heals your friends" traits.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

skaazi is at the top of the fashion pyramid

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

That's how I was kinda leaning. I just wanted to kinda verify, haha. I liked the first dungeon well enough. I appreciate that GW makes it easy for me to swap quickly between dps and support builds.

I'm EU timezone but would happily tag along on my alts that need leveling if you ever need help with a mission or dongeon.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lyer posted:

skaazi is at the top of the fashion pyramid

You misspelled Mesmer Asura

e: although to be clear, skaazi is definitely pretty

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
So there's all this insider trading drama happening on /r/GuildWars2, anybody here have that kind of access or is me asking taboo and something I should know already? Because I want in on this dank gold making.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

lucifirius posted:

So there's all this insider trading drama happening on /r/GuildWars2, anybody here have that kind of access or is me asking taboo and something I should know already? Because I want in on this dank gold making.

I have a patented money-making system and can double any gold you send me in 1-2 weeks.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

ItBurns posted:

I have a patented money-making system and can double any gold you send me in 1-2 weeks.

I play EVE so I know all about this doubling mechanic. No thanks.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

lucifirius posted:

What's happening?!

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Stabilizing Matrices were, for a good while, a pretty safe speculation investment because you could turn them into cash at about the same rate they went for on the Trading Post. Speculators bought up lots, and then the latest Fractal update comes around that doubles the value of Stabilizing Matrices since they are now used for making stat boost infusions.

Angry redditors decided that this was sufficient evidence of a deep insider trading plot on part of alpha testers and ANet media partners, and have rallied up a morality squad to upvote their thread about the issue that they repost every couple weeks until their unspecific demands are met upon unspecified parties. It's about ethics in video games testing.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Here's the link, https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/503j3c/stabilizing_matrices_and_insider_trading/, and I think flat out denying insider trading exists is delusional.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

lucifirius posted:

Here's the link, https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/503j3c/stabilizing_matrices_and_insider_trading/, and I think flat out denying insider trading exists is delusional.

I think the question is, how much does it actually matter in a game where you can just buy gold with cash anyway? The "economy meta" is already built on a foundation stating that gold has nothing to do really with in-game time/effort when you're talking about large amounts.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
If anyone didn't see this yet, we've hit peak sperg.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4y8wfx/data_the_story_and_science_behind_how_i/

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I graciously and humbly accept this honored title

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

OH MY GOD WHO CARES THIS MUCH ABOUT BIBBEYO JAMES

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

CLAM DOWN posted:

You misspelled Mesmer Asura

e: although to be clear, skaazi is definitely pretty

No offense to those class goons, but I don't think anyone will ever top NapoleonAtWaterloo

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Kajeesus posted:

No offense to those class goons, but I don't think anyone will ever top NapoleonAtWaterloo

Mesmer asura is NapoleonAtwaterloo

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Illuyankas you da best :hfive:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

The best punchline comes in the comments with the numbers holding that this guy's experience is statistically insignificant.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

neongrey posted:

The best punchline comes in the comments with the numbers holding that this guy's experience is statistically insignificant.

Psst, this guy is a goon! AnacondaHL.

Priapus Unbound fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 30, 2016

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I don't think I'm cut out for video games anymore. I mean, that's some 'Beautiful Mind' level poo poo right there, and it's all wasted on me.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Priapus Unbound posted:

A goon with a statistically insignificant data set! :v:

RNGs are fascinating to plop in front of people an see how they react, and see how they insist a momentary pattern holds broad meaning for the whole. It's like how your eyes will twig onto anything that can remotely be construed as a face.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Priapus Unbound posted:

of course it is

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

neongrey posted:

A goon with a statistically insignificant data set! :v:

RNGs are fascinating to plop in front of people an see how they react, and see how they insist a momentary pattern holds broad meaning for the whole. It's like how your eyes will twig onto anything that can remotely be construed as a face.

After DEKeys's analysis I went back and collected enough data points for Burning Speed and the result was the same, with p = 0.015. It doesn't change the conclusion of the writeup.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

deadly_pudding posted:

I think the question is, how much does it actually matter in a game where you can just buy gold with cash anyway? The "economy meta" is already built on a foundation stating that gold has nothing to do really with in-game time/effort when you're talking about large amounts.

Sometimes people want to achieve things in a game without spending irl money. It's possible to play EVE without spending irl money, and I guess with WoW it is as well. Maybe I want to see the numbers in my wallet get bigger.

Guest2553 posted:

I don't think I'm cut out for video games anymore. I mean, that's some 'Beautiful Mind' level poo poo right there, and it's all wasted on me.

Holy poo poo I just heard about A Beautiful Mind today.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Xun posted:

Mesmer asura is NapoleonAtwaterloo

Oh. Well good!

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I pressed F to pay respects and then this happened.

edit: reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lonk fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Aug 30, 2016

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Lonk posted:

I pressed F to pay respects and then this happened.

edit: reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

is that face kit-only? i need to make a retard charr

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Yep!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc5-oJIBkeo

Lonk fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Aug 30, 2016

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
A new Faren mini in the gem store today.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

This is like a scene out of one of my nightmares, only everything is flabbier and they're chasing me faster and faster and

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

heyyyyyyyyy theeeeere :wink:

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

:smith: :smith: :smith:

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Pleasure doin' business with ya

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

drawing is hard btw

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
the gently caress

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hey guys whats going o-

:allbuttons:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

You'd think you people had never seen a tiny man in a loincloth before.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
The new shield is excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are
Faren is such a dumb/fun character.

• Locked thread