Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Oh you card

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Who wants to die first?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Good link, will add to OP

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

CLAM DOWN posted:

This is one of many activities in life that I do not wish to do

I got you covered buddy. The conservative estimate according to Arus Lore is $2350 CAD. You're welcome.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

That's not correct, but it's weird that you're so interested in my personal finances all of a sudden.

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Aug 28, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

that fuckin character name :laffo:

Kajeesus posted:

Oh you card

this is great too

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Aug 28, 2016

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Kazoo posted:

Who wants to die first?

This is really good.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Yeah that ensemble is rad as hell. I definitely did a double take when I saw that character standing next to one of my dudes at the Terrace TP.

Also I just wanna say thanks to all GW2 goons so far for being really helpful as I stumble through this game :kimchi: it's appreciated and really cool and good

hyung
Jul 22, 2012
What level does my gear look a little less lame

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

hyung posted:

What level does my gear look a little less lame

Here are some protips to help you get started.

Great looking attire for all levels

Tasteful dyes

Accesories

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 29, 2016

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Kazoo posted:

Who wants to die first?

What top is that, that you're wearing with Inquest Pants and not showing a bare midriff?

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

Kajeesus posted:

What top is that, that you're wearing with Inquest Pants and not showing a bare midriff?

Seer top, I believe - the one that the level 80 exotics named after NPCs use as a skin.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9c4SIvS7wg

Xenix
Feb 21, 2003

ItBurns posted:

Here are some protips to help you get started.

Great looking attire for all levels

Tasteful dyes

Accesories

I knew my white human female meta characters were missing something...

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Dartonus posted:

Seer top, I believe - the one that the level 80 exotics named after NPCs use as a skin.

yeah, it's seer. that set in general is pretty cool if used well (especially since it functions as clothing, a rarity in tyria)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
This anniversary sale turned me into whale.

3 character slots, 3 bank tabs, 3 inventory slots, Copper-o-matic. I even bought some gold with gems because gently caress spending my limited free time on grinding for gold.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Kazoo posted:

Who wants to die first?

Holy poo poo, it took me untl the third image to realize you weren't posting concept art :psyduck:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Kazoo posted:

Who wants to die first?

this looks better than the actual boss

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Kajeesus posted:

It is showing. :ssh:

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
That looks pretty nice, good ~fashion~

So far I've had two people ask me what my color scheme was for my Warrior's armor. One guy even went so far as to immediately run to the TP in LA and buy whatever dye(s) he was missing, to change his look right then and there. It was pretty funny

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Would it be feasible for a small guild (4-5 people) to get a guild hall, especially if only one of the people own the expansion?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I think you need the expansion to even get to the claiming event

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

nickhimself posted:

That looks pretty nice, good ~fashion~

So far I've had two people ask me what my color scheme was for my Warrior's armor. One guy even went so far as to immediately run to the TP in LA and buy whatever dye(s) he was missing, to change his look right then and there. It was pretty funny

Getting compliments on your fashion is the real reward in GW2.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

is there a good guide to just mindlessly leveling my alts up to 80 as fast as possible? I checked the OP and even looked at dulfy's site before asking!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
SPvP or WvW, create alt, walk to the bank, double click 80 times.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
I'm getting pretty close to being ready for t4's, I think.

Missing shoulders and gloves, then need to infuse my back piece and other ring. The armor pieces are just a matter of waiting for cooldowns to be up, or me caving and buying the rest which I'll probably end up doing so I can join goons on t4's when they're advertised in guild chat.

Pretty cool to see that endgame progress

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Waci posted:

If you have enough alts you can skip the first 39 times now (or 29 or 19 depending on how old they are).

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

Exmond posted:

Would it be feasible for a small guild (4-5 people) to get a guild hall, especially if only one of the people own the expansion?

Anyone who wants to enter the guild hall zone must have the expansion. A small group is actually preferred when taking the guild hall because the claiming event supposedly scales ridiculously high with large groups.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Waci posted:

Those activities give the free level up scroll like you get from the daily login?

orcane posted:

If you have enough alts you can skip the first 39 times now (or 29 or 19 depending on how old they are).

Yeah I had enough old characters that I was able to bump everyone up to 20 or 30. I just want one of each class maxed because I'm not a nutter like those guys with one of each race/class combo.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Tsurupettan posted:

Those activities give the free level up scroll like you get from the daily login?

Yep. They don't give xp, instead they give level up tomes. Conveniently, you also get armour/weapon chests and the odd ascended drop, and transmutation charges as well, so it becomes easier to gear up the alts to an acceptable point.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Do you have to be good at pvp stuff to progress along the reward tracks or can I just play a bunch and get paid?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Mover posted:

Do you have to be good at pvp stuff to progress along the reward tracks or can I just play a bunch and get paid?

You advance faster if you win, but you don't have to.

You need to cross the rank thresholds to get some of the achievements for the backpack but the first three can be blown through pretty easily just by random chance. Outside of that it just boils down to how many games you need to play to complete it, a number that increases exponentially as you get close to or below 50% wins.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Help me decide, thread:

How worthwhile is the content before HoT? Should I take my time and do the dungeons?
In short, I'm trying to decide if I want to pop my "boost straight to 80" token on my main, who's a Level 45 Guardian, or save it for when I make a Thief or Mesmer alt later on.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Kazoo posted:

It is showing. :ssh:

Ohh. Hah. Well now I feel dumb.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

Help me decide, thread:

How worthwhile is the content before HoT? Should I take my time and do the dungeons?
In short, I'm trying to decide if I want to pop my "boost straight to 80" token on my main, who's a Level 45 Guardian, or save it for when I make a Thief or Mesmer alt later on.

If it's your first character and first time through the game, I personally recommend not boosting to 80. Play through it, enjoy it! Then, when you're 80 and want an alt, use that boost.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

CLAM DOWN posted:

If it's your first character and first time through the game, I personally recommend not boosting to 80. Play through it, enjoy it! Then, when you're 80 and want an alt, use that boost.

That's how I was kinda leaning. I just wanted to kinda verify, haha. I liked the first dungeon well enough. I appreciate that GW makes it easy for me to swap quickly between dps and support builds.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Waci posted:

Yep. They don't give xp, instead they give level up tomes. Conveniently, you also get armour/weapon chests and the odd ascended drop, and transmutation charges as well, so it becomes easier to gear up the alts to an acceptable point.

Legit I stuck my head into wvw for the first time since release yesterday, spent about an hour and a half there, half of which was waiting for a commander to get their head out for their rear end and get a zerg going, left with fourteen tomes and a piece of ascended armour.

If you can follow a zerg, you can get levels from wvw.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

That's how I was kinda leaning. I just wanted to kinda verify, haha. I liked the first dungeon well enough. I appreciate that GW makes it easy for me to swap quickly between dps and support builds.

Definitely. Hope you have fun! If you need help with anything or find yourself stuck, always ask guild chat or send me a mail if I'm around, Arus.1482.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, there's definitely no reason to rush a first character. the game is set up in a way where you're not really missing out on timed events because they're generally not restricted to being max-level content and everything else will be there when you're ready for it. it's a very friendly game when it comes to leveling and i kind of feel like doing map completion again because it's actually neat to explore everything

• Locked thread