Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

a cartoon duck posted:

Goku's a martial arts master so he can use his destructive power with pinpoint accuracy and Black Goku's just copying Goku at this point.

Plus neither of them wants the planet blown up so why use planet-busting moves.

Yeah in my headcanon, early DB/DBZ earth shaking nonsense is partially for shock and awe factor, and partially because people didn't have ultimate control over their power. It's like dumping a bucket of water on something vs spraying it with a pressure washer. Plus, their training with Whis probably showed them how much potential energy they were wasting.

As far as the big reveal in the last episode, I wonder if somehow Zamasu crowned Black Goku as his personal God of Destruction? He's not breaking the rule of non interference, he just has someone doing his dirty work for him. Or maybe he used the time rings to find his universe's Goku and raised him as his own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It'd be funny if Goku Black was the result of a What If universe where Zamasu raised him instead of Son Gohan.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Unless they ditched the concept quietly, Universe 6 is the only other one that should have Saiyans, never mind another Son Goku.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think my biggest compliment towards Super is that it is totally insane that we got what was essentially a five episode character study of Future Trunks with almost no fighting and it was really good

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Unless they ditched the concept quietly, Universe 6 is the only other one that should have Saiyans, never mind another Son Goku.

Maybe he is the Goku of Universe 6 after he ran out of Earthlings to annihilate.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

I think my biggest compliment towards Super is that it is totally insane that we got what was essentially a five episode character study of Future Trunks with almost no fighting and it was really good

Trunks imagining the kinda family life he'll never have and tearing up was surprisingly emotional for a cartoon punchmans show for babies.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Maybe Zamasu went through time to observe Goku with like, a blank slate dummy or something and instead of understanding that Goku's an alright guy he doubled down on the hate and that hate turned the dummy or whatever into a Goku

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Squallege posted:

Maybe Zamasu went through time to observe Goku with like, a blank slate dummy or something and instead of understanding that Goku's an alright guy he doubled down on the hate and that hate turned the dummy or whatever into a Goku

There's still the part where Black Goku clutched his chest in pain so I figure Zamasu just used his god of creation powers to revive heart disease Goku by pouring his own god ki into him, hence why Black Goku is similar but separate from Zamasu.

Is it ever mentioned if Kaioshins can revive people? It feels like a thing gods of creation would be able to do.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

a cartoon duck posted:

There's still the part where Black Goku clutched his chest in pain so I figure Zamasu just used his god of creation powers to revive heart disease Goku by pouring his own god ki into him, hence why Black Goku is similar but separate from Zamasu.

Is it ever mentioned if Kaioshins can revive people? It feels like a thing gods of creation would be able to do.

There was that bit where the elder kaioshin gave his life to bring back goku

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Squallege posted:

How could anyone observe Goku for a length of time and not hate him?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is this going to be a Frank Grimes thing?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Dias posted:

The funny thing is that I feel power creep got so RIDICULOUS in Super it actually made power levels less important, or at least the whole "Goku overcomes the villain's power level barrier" thing. Sure, there's still guys getting stronger and super-powerful villains, but Goku still hasn't got poo poo on Beerus and Whis, and the latter is never shy to say there's even more powerful people around. There's an entity now that could end THE MULTIVERSE around, so this Goku Black thing feels scaled-down even though it blows past Majin Boo on a "threat to universe" scale.

My favourite power creep observation right now is that Vegeta at about PL 16,000 was going to blow up the Earth with the Galick Gun, which Goku countered with a kaioken ×4 Kamehameha.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

ImpAtom posted:

Is this going to be a Frank Grimes thing?

Goku, or as he liked to be called, Kakkarotto,

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Oh my god can you imagine blue Vegito

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Pureauthor posted:

Saiyans that were good natured peace keepers. Or is that just Cabba?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Crabtree posted:

Saiyans that were good natured peace keepers. Or is that just Cabba?

Well if nothing else, Tarble is sortof that and he's from regular ol' Universe 7.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I could trust super to make a nice joke out of a evil Universe 6 Goku that was sent to earth to be a defender of justice, hits his head and becomes a horrible rear end in a top hat, and starts and dies in the war that wipes out the Humans of Universe 6. But I'm pretty sure Black's either going to be from Future Trunks timeline or some magic construct of some sort.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

There was that bit where the elder kaioshin gave his life to bring back goku

Zamasu would have a halo if he was dead, though.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Peewi posted:

There's at least two sets of Dragon Balls bouncing around that universe, I think they worked something out.

Can Goku beat Superman yet or will he have to change colours a couple more times?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

There's at least two sets of Dragon Balls bouncing around that universe, I think they worked something out.

Can Goku beat Superman yet or will he have to change colours a couple more times?

Depends on the version of Superman. There was a verson of Superboy who got so angry he punched dimensions and altered time so Goku has some ways to go.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Peewi posted:

Maybe he took someone else's life and gave it to Black? Halo transfer power doesn't mean it has to be your own life nessesisary.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Akumos posted:

How are they not just destroying everything around them(the planet) at this point?

vegeta could have blown up the planet the very first time he was introduced. master roshi blew up the moon once

the answer to this question is "well then they wouldn't have anywhere to fight and everyone else would be dead"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Depends on the version of Superman. There was a verson of Superboy who got so angry he punched dimensions and altered time so Goku has some ways to go.

Goku can destroy the universe by fighting too hard as Ssj red. Superman could never do that poo poo, Goku is way stronger now, it's not even a contest.

Goku might have trouble with Infinity Gauntlet Thanos, or the Anti-Monitor. Emphasis on might.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Pureauthor posted:

Time travel, since it was established it creates alternate timelines and Black seems to be able to jump across them anyway. Unless I'm forgetting some limitation regarding the Time Ring. I don't think that's what's going on, to be fair, it might just be an "evil side" thing, it's all very open right now.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

One of my favorite bits of Power Creep trivia is that Cui, pathetic old Cui, who gets instantly bodied by Vegeta at the beginning of Namek, could have singlehandedly conquered and destroyed the earth at basically any point before he appeared and our heroes could have done nothing.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Frieza blew up a planet but it took 5 minutes and 80 episodes to explode.

That dumb cat blows them up in an instant.

There's levels of planet exploding (and different size/density planets).

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

That was back when I was reading DC comics really heavily. During a lot of the damage Superboy Prime did, you got flashes of other universes where the Justice League was all black, or the Justice League was evil, or Superman landed in Russia instead of Kansas or whatever.. It would have been neat to see a one-panel shattered world where Goku was the Superman, or Superman was in a Goku-like outfit.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

a cartoon duck posted:

I think Soulja Boy was just clutching his chest because Goku punched him really hard.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It wouldn't really make any sense for Goku Black to actually be Goku in any way, since he talked about meeting Goku for the first time when they fought.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

^^^ I think Black Goku knew who Vegeta was. He seemed unfamiliar with Super Saiyan, though. On that note, how did Vegeta or Trunks recognize Zamasu? They've never met..

Augus posted:

Soulja Boy

Why do people keep calling him that?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

New Leaf posted:

^^^ I think Black Goku knew who Vegeta was. He seemed unfamiliar with Super Saiyan, though. On that note, how did Vegeta or Trunks recognize Zamasu?

Why do people keep calling him that?

cus bitch he look like goku

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b0oQkjup4Q

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I like to think that whenever the casually mention a character be hella strong (like the dude that is stronger than Whis, or Vados being stronger than Whis) it's Toriyama or Toei just sticking it to those fans that think power levels matter.

Also I'm guessing Goku Black is a God of Destruction because Super Saiyan Rosé fits into their alcohol based name puns.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't want Super Saiyan Rosé to be a thing Vegeta and Goku get because Blue is better than Red. :colbert:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I like to think that SSB is what happens when one trains with the God of Destruction, and SSR is what happens when trained by a Kaioshin. since they're different gods and whatnot

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't want Super Saiyan Rosé to be a thing Vegeta and Goku get because Blue is better than Red. :colbert:

The wrong opinion. Although Goku already had SSG which was red. Maybe Potara shenanigans will lead to Vegetto SS Purple, which would be best.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Wow this is some wrong poo poo right here.

It'll all be better when Trunks beats Goku Black with Super Saiyan Emerald though, don't worry guys.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's possible, I suppose, but it's really rather that Goku and Vegeta are training with Whis and not Beerus. I'm thinking that Rosé is a SSJ Blue equivalent, but it's warped because of whatever the gently caress Black is, is not being a real Saiyan or whatever

Momomo posted:

Wow this is some wrong poo poo right here.

It'll all be better when Trunks beats Goku Black with Super Saiyan Emerald though, don't worry guys.

sorry this is reserved for the Sonic cross over.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

A bit more serious than the usual content of this thread, but I thought it was worth sharing.

An article by Austin Walker about why DBZ is important to him and how the series unintentionally appeals to black teens.

Mikedawson fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 29, 2016

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Pretty sure it's canon via Toriyama that red is a better color than blue, sorry bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Pilaf literally doomed the future

• Locked thread