Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Dallan Invictus posted:

That's how Open succession is supposed to work but it was designed as a Muslim-only succession law back when Muslims were hardcoded as agnatic and they may not have accounted for the Conclave changes and the possibility of Cognatic Open succession.

Ok, that was going to be my next question. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Darth Llama posted:

When you click on the notification for an empty council seat, does it take you to the council view now rather than the old one where you select jobs?
Oh, it's not just me, then. Why does it do that?

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

SelenicMartian posted:

Oh, it's not just me, then. Why does it do that?

You can click the empty person window to select a new council member. Taking you here lets you see the current positions of people on the council, giving you a good idea of if you really need a toady, or can afford a confrontational competent person

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Is trying to start a game with a small dynasty a crap shoot now? Because I've tried four times today and in order 1) my one male heir catches something 2) my physician can't do jack poo poo/even if they do they'll catch something new 3) they die 4) I can't produce a new heir even going full Seducer because babies loving drop like flies now 5) I die 6) Game Over

And just so many illness pop ups it's too loving annoying, is all the disease stuff tied to the DLC cause I'm thinking off turning it off at this point.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Blooming Brilliant posted:

And just so many illness pop ups it's too loving annoying,
- Medieval Europeans

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Hasn't been that bad for me.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
my doctor tried to convert my lunatic fylkir to shia, and of course I accept but for some reason I didnt convert but my wife and kids did :s bug?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Still didn't have a chance to play the new dlc, are pet events actually a thing? Nobody talks about them, are they really unimpressive, rare or what?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Zombiepop posted:

my doctor tried to convert my lunatic fylkir to shia, and of course I accept but for some reason I didnt convert but my wife and kids did :s bug?

Religious heads I'm pretty sure are hard-coded to be immune to conversion by any means. You'd have to give away the Fylkirate title first.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
My lustful, seductive ruler had something like 5 bastards and 4 legitimate kids, two of which were male heirs. I took over another county just as the ruler became an invalid, which would have split the new county out to the younger heir, but fortunately my older heir died on the privy, so problem solved!

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

Zombiepop posted:

The bug is that you were allowed to say yes.
Religious heads can't be converted.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

TorakFade posted:

Still didn't have a chance to play the new dlc, are pet events actually a thing? Nobody talks about them, are they really unimpressive, rare or what?

Haven't seen one yet but there are a bunch of events in the files referencing cats so they must be in. You can also now name your dog lucifer, game of the year

Hallowed
May 28, 2007

It's a pipe bomb!
Oh gently caress - help!

Installing Conclove reset many of my laws, including a switch to Gravelkind. Without quite understanding what I was doing I switched to Elective Monarchy and everyone promptly voted for my only son. Now he's dead and his two infant sons are the only males in my family.

And no ones voting for them...

Is there a way to swing the vote? Or am I going back to being a Duke who needs to convince everyone to revote him back to being King of England and Emporer of Britannia again!?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Hallowed posted:

Oh gently caress - help!

Installing Conclove reset many of my laws, including a switch to Gravelkind. Without quite understanding what I was doing I switched to Elective Monarchy and everyone promptly voted for my only son. Now he's dead and his two infant sons are the only males in my family.

And no ones voting for them...

Is there a way to swing the vote? Or am I going back to being a Duke who needs to convince everyone to revote him back to being King of England and Emporer of Britannia again!?

Conclove

Gravelkind

Hallowed
May 28, 2007

It's a pipe bomb!

Darth Windu posted:

Conclove

Gravelkind

I was hoping for gameplay advice rather than commentary about auto correct.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I don't think most voters like voting for underage rulers. They might swing around to your side once your next heir is 16.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Honky Dong Country posted:

By the way I thought you guys might be interested to learn that eating your relatives doesn't result in the Kinslayer trait.

Man I still can't eat people without having the gates sealed though. Maybe it's a republic thing? Anybody ate a shitload of prisoners as a doge?

There was a version where sacrificing prisoners to Kali gave neither kinslayer nor tyranny.

My Hindu Emperor was very pious indeed.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Roland Jones posted:

Marshal found a mystic. I... Don't think she'll be able to help me with my immortality search.

She's pretty neat, though.

Why do you think that? Her martial is astronomical, she might be legit. Her event chain relies on martial skill. It's the one I got.

Hallowed
May 28, 2007

It's a pipe bomb!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I don't think most voters like voting for underage rulers. They might swing around to your side once your next heir is 16.

He's five. My ruler is 59.

Family focus I guess?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Volkerball posted:

You're the mother fucker. I sent my heir to Wales to get Welsh culture and the next thing I know the loving count ate his rear end. Ate my loving son. I'm killing everyone in his family, everyone who was in his court, all of their families, loving everyone. I hope your rival patrician does the same to you.

:laffo:

Okay, sold.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Honky Dong Country posted:

So horses can be made to take the vows.

Note the headgear.

:allears:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TorakFade posted:

A cat followed me home from my pilgrimage to Jerusalem and gave me minor stat boosts (something like +1 Diplomacy, +1 Health but I don't remember), there were no events related to it, and maybe ten years later it died peacefully and there was a funeral event similar to the hunting dog one, with options to have an extravagant state funeral for your cat. That's the only one I've seen so far.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Midnight Voyager posted:

Why do you think that? Her martial is astronomical, she might be legit. Her event chain relies on martial skill. It's the one I got.

I assumed it was based on Learning, not Martial. Googling later hinted that it might be the latter though, so I wound up going ahead anyway. Murchad wound up dying after trying to strangle the snake she set on him and getting bit.

Plus side, that ended my truce with the rear end in a top hat vassal, so after my army built back up I revoked his land and crushed him in war. Sadly didn't capture him like I did the first guy I warred; I was hoping for a chance to torture or mutilate him, but oh well. He still exists in-game, and actually is still in Ireland even, so I have more chances to hunt him down or otherwise screw with him.

Though for some reason the county I took to him is apparently going to be lost on succession and go to his heir rather than mine, despite it being a part of my duchy? What could cause this? Did he change local succession laws or something and it still applies to me despite me owning his land now? I don't see how that'd matter unless he made it agnatic, because I have a female heir at the moment.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
If you literally JUST won that war, the succession display sometimes takes a while to update after a title is usurped. Check back in like a year and see then.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Roland Jones posted:

I assumed it was based on Learning, not Martial. Googling later hinted that it might be the latter though, so I wound up going ahead anyway. Murchad wound up dying after trying to strangle the snake she set on him and getting bit.

It depends on whatever skill you used to start the quest chain, IIRC, because the event chain also relies on whatever skill you started it with.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dallan Invictus posted:

If you literally JUST won that war, the succession display sometimes takes a while to update after a title is usurped. Check back in like a year and see then.

Yeah. You can also force it to update by just saving/reloading the game. I believe there's a console command that force refreshes succession logic as well, although I don't remember what it is.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Man, the new Sami kingdom and the defensive pagans getting to grab troops outta they rear end with piety, which before was completely useless makes them, well, not great but at least they are doing things!

True, I'm still going to gently caress them over as the Glorious Republic of Iceland but it's still neat how much it disrupts the flow of the game up there in the north.

Also, deadly epidemics are not deadly enough. :sad:

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Recalc_succ

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Hallowed posted:

I was hoping for gameplay advice rather than commentary about auto correct.

Sorry main I ain't gently caress me wiTh elective in a grip nah, never could ken it

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Is it ever a good idea to give the brave answer to your doctor? Asking for a friend.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

genericnick posted:

Is it ever a good idea to give the brave answer to your doctor? Asking for a friend.
Just did, got great treatment

This means that every time that happens, it will be good, guaranteed

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Game get. Is the tutorial a good idea or is it better to just rush headlong into fuckery?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

You used to be able to convert religious head. I once took over the Byzantine empire as Hispania through a somewhat convoluted mess of marriages, wars, assassinations and inheritances. Then I made the patriarch convert to Catholicism and he said yes. Every time the Patriarch died the new one would be Orthodox but I would force him to convert as well. Russia was still Orthodox but basically all of the rest of the world, this was pre-India and Central-Asia, was Catholic. So you had a situation where Christendom was the only surviving Abrahamic religion and almost entirely united except for a bunch of Russians who stubbornly held out even after the head of their religion converted.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Just did, got great treatment

This means that every time that happens, it will be good, guaranteed

I did it three times in a row on three different kings and got my junk cut off every time. It will cut off your junk guaranteesd

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

widespread posted:

Game get. Is the tutorial a good idea or is it better to just rush headlong into fuckery?
I prefer the "jumping in and losing horribly" strategy, because I found the interface pretty intuitive, and the shenanigans are fun at any skill level, but it wouldn't hurt to watch the very basics of arumba's tutorials on YouTube. I didn't like the ingame tutorial because it mixed advanced play with essentials.

Otherwise, it's a game that is pretty fun even without knowing the nitty gritty stats. 1066 Ireland is Tutorial Island, so just pick a count and try to conquer the kingdom.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 30, 2016

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

widespread posted:

The tutorial now is pretty decent for introducing you to the interface etc

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Had an odd event. Ruler went incapable and the first regent, the wife, steals a county. Then the second regent, my loving heir who has a giant demense coming to him, starts loving with him in front of the court by using his mouth to crack nuts. Then out of nowhere some super loyal mayor comes in and arrests the second regent who I then maim and then take the county back from the first regent with a courtesy leg removal. Thanks random out of nowhere ultra loyal mayor. I thought this poo poo was going to take forever to fix.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

So is there ever going to be any kind of way to give directives to your allies? Like, "move your loving stack over here so that we don't immediately lose this war, you stupid shithead!"

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

DStecks posted:

So is there ever going to be any kind of way to give directives to your allies? Like, "move your loving stack over here so that we don't immediately lose this war, you stupid shithead!"

I've found that if you send your own stacks over, allied stacks will just link up and follow them around forever. Even if you don't really want them to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

My physician gave me a potion to increase my fertility and it ended up turning me gay. The event also caused half the goddamn court to be my lovers.

• Locked thread