Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
i placed a radar down forever ago and its only found one other slick in somewhere so extremely far away on the map it would probably be 300 underground pipes to wire it back. that's why i cheated with the one slick i had to make it show 286k/s. you would think that would be enough, but...

i think oil was either "high" or "normal", but i can't remember, i made this file like six months ago. is there a lua command to check your seed settings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The oil patch is capable of 286 k∕s, but the pump isn’t. Fill it with speed modules, surround it with beacons, or plumb another patch. Those are your options. Oh, and productivity modules in everything downstream helps a little I suppose.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
it has speed module v2's on it. does adding more beacons up the effect forever? i thought beacons were just aoe module slots but they had a cap.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Suspicious Dish posted:

it has speed module v2's on it. does adding more beacons up the effect forever? i thought beacons were just aoe module slots but they had a cap.

More beacons around a single building will stack the effect, yes. The only module that has a cap is efficiency. You can shove a dickload of beacons around a single pump.

There's a rocket/minute that uses a grid of rocket pads with beacons interspersed throughout.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

FISHMANPET posted:

Pumps will become a bottleneck before the actual pipes will: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6066

I think the only reason to not use Advanced Oil Processing is if you're only generating solid fuel, then I think you might get more solid fuel, but I'm not even really sure about that. So let's say there's never a reason to not use advanced, unless you know the mechanics well enough to know how to do the math and figure it out.

Basic refining is worthwhile if you want to have a refinery set aside just for flamer oil. It ends up very convenient (and I'm sure you'll find *something* to do with that pesky extra petroleum...)

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
This is probably old hat to everyone here but I've been playing with converting one-tick pulses into longer signals

Edit: and here's why

GotLag fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Aug 29, 2016

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Suspicious Dish posted:

Just go exploring man, you'll find shitloads of oil and stuff out there. 300 underground pipes isn't many at all. If you're that strapped for iron, exploring will help you find new ore deposits as well!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Suspicious Dish posted:

i placed a radar down forever ago and its only found one other slick in somewhere so extremely far away on the map it would probably be 300 underground pipes to wire it back. that's why i cheated with the one slick i had to make it show 286k/s. you would think that would be enough, but...

i think oil was either "high" or "normal", but i can't remember, i made this file like six months ago. is there a lua command to check your seed settings?

your saved game shows the map exchange string when you go to load it, copy that and paste it in the new game screen and it will show the map settings

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Suspicious Dish posted:

There is no backup for light / heavy oil. I guess I'm just not getting enough crude, because not all of my refineries are firing. Which doesn't make sense, because I hacked the drat oil puddle to give me 286k/s.
You need a pump array I bet. Please excuse the thread if we aren't used to point sources of oil, its not the usual case.

FISHMANPET posted:

But just build your oil processing correctly the first time, then you don't have to worry about having too much of something! :science:

I buffer lube because demand for that is not constant, but everything else is either running full tilt or I'm backed up on plastic and then it doesn't matter because I've got enough of everything.

I crack heavy oil into lube and light oil, then pumps feed my solid fuel plants if I have less than 10k solid fuel, otherwise they feed the light oil -> petrol crackers. Sulfur sips the little bit of petrol it needs for batteries and processing units, and the rest of the petrol goes into plastic. There's no fluctuations I need to absorb.
You've just got your wide spots in different places, lube and solid fuel are the important pivot points. I like the wide spots as petro/light/heavy tanks because it lets me set up the circuits that crack based on inventory or else I end up dead heading on petro because I'm not keeping track of when my refinery and red circuit industry is mature enough to start the solid fuel. That's really only important very early on where I often forego solid fuel production unless my plastic supplies are already choked. Once you get into launch all the rockets stage, you can just ratio it out in a way that feeds your fuel and plastic plants because lube is just a trickle at that point, but the buffer tanks are probably good training wheels and its not like storage tanks are expensive.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

zedprime posted:

You need a pump array I bet.

Or a single express pump, as that's exactly the situation it was made for.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

!bienvenidos a mi granja de drogas!

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

Yellow (storage) logisitics chests aren't useless, even if you don't want to use them as a buffer. If you research logistics trash slots, your bots will move stuff you put in your personal trash to storage. When satisfying a logistics request, items in storage are drawn from before items in passive supplier chests, so the stuff you trash is "recycled" with a higher priority than creating new products.
This reply is old enough for a 5 oclock shadow but I wanted to test the behavior before I made a fool of myself. Your trash slot acts like an other active provider in that the loginet will prefer taking it to a requester. If your requesters are full, storage is a necessary overflow I guess but that shows more is wrong with the way the requester's contents are being used.

So in general, I would say storage chests are for literal trash and in a healthy loginet you can probably just unload them directly into a wooden chest that you come around to shoot once a play session.

zedprime fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Aug 29, 2016

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Storage chests are mostly a temporary holding spot for stuff you've flagged with the deconstruction planner.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Look at all these posts. Nothing like Oil chat to get the thread moving ;)

Solumin posted:

Right now, mods are basically advertised by word of mouth. It would be cool if there was a website that helped you pick mods, like "if you want this, then get this." For example, if you want a slower game and an excuse to use trains, get RSO. If you want more control over pipes and recipes that use liquids, check out Flow Control and GDIW.

The current behaviour has been cited as a bug which will be corrected in the next release, ie 0.14.2. The dependencies and version checking isn't being done correctly resulting in mods being marked as incompatible when they shouldn't. It's not quite clear from the dev response whether he thinks a mod which simply has version set to >= 0.13 should load in 0.14 but I reckon we'll see sometime today or tomorrow. There are enough fixed items that I'd expect 0.14.2 to release soon.

Then we can get on with testing MP games in 0.14 without waiting on all the mods to be updated. Most of which are simply unpacking the mod, changing 13 to 14 and repacking it.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Baloogan posted:

Nice grow op bro

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Did the stone rocks get renamed in some patch? I'm trying to do a mass destroy command, but it either isn't recognizing, or not caring about "stone-rock". The same command worked perfectly fine for "tree"

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
/c game.player.print(game.player.selected.name)

That should tell you.

Edit: "tree" is a broad type of entity, "stone-rock" is a specific name. So whatever command you're using will be looking for type="tree", you'll want name="stone-rock"

GotLag fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Aug 29, 2016

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

GotLag posted:

/c game.player.print(game.player.selected.name)

That should tell you.

Edit: "tree" is a broad type of entity, "stone-rock" is a specific name. So whatever command you're using will be looking for type="tree", you'll want name="stone-rock"

Yeeeeeeep, that was it. I was just about to edit my post that I noticed "type" rather than "name"

/c local surface = game.player.surface for c in surface.get_chunks() do for key, entity in pairs(surface.find_entities_filtered({area={{c.x * 32, c.y * 32}, {c.x * 32 + 32, c.y * 32 + 32}}, type= "stone-rock"})) do entity.destroy() end end

Worked perfectly and killed all rocks in mapped chunks after changing to this

/c local surface = game.player.surface for c in surface.get_chunks() do for key, entity in pairs(surface.find_entities_filtered({area={{c.x * 32, c.y * 32}, {c.x * 32 + 32, c.y * 32 + 32}}, name= "stone-rock"})) do entity.destroy() end end

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Note that you can just leave off the area and it will search the entire surface.

http://lua-api.factorio.com/0.14.1/LuaSurface.html#LuaSurface.find_entities_filtered

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Suspicious Dish posted:

So, with the patch set to 286k (that would be a yield of 28,600,000% right?) the pumpjack is going to try and spit out 286k oil for every pump. Those few pipes can't fit anywhere near that much oil, could that be causing the problem? I've never messed around with oil like that.

zedprime posted:

You've just got your wide spots in different places, lube and solid fuel are the important pivot points. I like the wide spots as petro/light/heavy tanks because it lets me set up the circuits that crack based on inventory or else I end up dead heading on petro because I'm not keeping track of when my refinery and red circuit industry is mature enough to start the solid fuel. That's really only important very early on where I often forego solid fuel production unless my plastic supplies are already choked. Once you get into launch all the rockets stage, you can just ratio it out in a way that feeds your fuel and plastic plants because lube is just a trickle at that point, but the buffer tanks are probably good training wheels and its not like storage tanks are expensive.

A trickle of lube? Not when I build expansions that require 4.6k blue belts.

zedprime posted:

This reply is old enough for a 5 oclock shadow but I wanted to test the behavior before I made a fool of myself. Your trash slot acts like an other active provider in that the loginet will prefer taking it to a requester. If your requesters are full, storage is a necessary overflow I guess but that shows more is wrong with the way the requester's contents are being used.

So in general, I would say storage chests are for literal trash and in a healthy loginet you can probably just unload them directly into a wooden chest that you come around to shoot once a play session.

If you do anything with construction bots, including building, storage chests become massively useful. I've got a field of 100 storage chests, and they've got handfuls of various building materials in them. If a logistic bot grabs something to bring to you and you go out of logistics range, it will take it to a storage chest. If you deconstruct something and you don't have a requestor chest for the item (why would you have a chest requesting something like splitters or underground belts?) it will go to storage. If you take 1000 red belts with you to an outpost, and only use 750, and throw 200 into your junk slots when you get back, they'll go into storage chests. They'll all get used eventually, they just need a place to be stored.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Zetsubou-san posted:

your saved game shows the map exchange string when you go to load it, copy that and paste it in the new game screen and it will show the map settings

normal / medium / good

zedprime posted:

You need a pump array I bet. Please excuse the thread if we aren't used to point sources of oil, its not the usual case.

FISHMANPET posted:

So, with the patch set to 286k (that would be a yield of 28,600,000% right?) the pumpjack is going to try and spit out 286k oil for every pump. Those few pipes can't fit anywhere near that much oil, could that be causing the problem? I've never messed around with oil like that.

OK. So this is what I was wondering. How does flow of connected pipes work?

If I have this setup:

Flow is well-defined and liquid will take 8 tiles to reach their destination. If I do this:

Will liquid take 8 tiles or 15 tiles? Does it take the shortest path or the longest path? Does it split equally? Can pipes carry liquid both ways, and if not, which direction will the liquid flow? Is pressure simulated?

What do small pumps do? Do they just change the speed? Direction?

How do the parallel pump arrays help things?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

FISHMANPET posted:

A trickle of lube? Not when I build expansions that require 4.6k blue belts.
You said it yourself its not constant, so yeah, 5k of blue belts amortized over how often you really need 5k blue belts is a trickle compared to slamming 99% of the dinosaur into fuel and plastic to launch rockets.

FISHMANPET posted:

If you do anything with construction bots, including building, storage chests become massively useful. I've got a field of 100 storage chests, and they've got handfuls of various building materials in them. If a logistic bot grabs something to bring to you and you go out of logistics range, it will take it to a storage chest. If you deconstruct something and you don't have a requestor chest for the item (why would you have a chest requesting something like splitters or underground belts?) it will go to storage. If you take 1000 red belts with you to an outpost, and only use 750, and throw 200 into your junk slots when you get back, they'll go into storage chests. They'll all get used eventually, they just need a place to be stored.
I probably don't deconstruct as often as I could but its not like space is a luxury in infinite maps. When I do I am usually like get back here you motherfucker when I forgot its not in my logistics slots and the robots take it to the one overflow storage chest that collects junk.

The requester chest that requests something like splitters or underground belts or construction stuff is the player logistics slots in case of state of the art, or else you have a requester chest that is used as feedstock for the next tier.

There's nothing really wrong with a field of storage chests besides trying to make the idealogically least wasteful factory, because storage chests encourage a waste of logibot movement. When you have tens of thousands of them wasting logistics bot movement is not important but its still fundamentally a waste of movement. They way I play I've just never seen something go into a storage chest that I'd ever want to see again and if it does its because I had something specified wrong in my logistics slots or in feedstock chests.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Per the Factorio wiki, pumpjacks are limited to a maximum of 10 oil per cycle. Doesn't matter how much Suspicious Dish cheats that oil patch if he's limited by pumpjack speed. He just needs to find and connect some more oil patches. Also, if he just has pipes between the pumpjack and refineries, pipe throughput should not be an issue considering the distance shown in that screenshot.

quote:

Hey, Suspicious Dish, could you mouseover the pumpjack and post a screenshot of its oil output? And could you upload that map to dropbox or similar so I could poke around it? Thanks in advance.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 29, 2016

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Ambaire posted:

Per the Factorio wiki, pumpjacks are limited to a maximum of 10 oil per cycle. Doesn't matter how much Suspicious Dish cheats that oil patch if he's limited by pumpjack speed. He just needs to find and connect some more oil patches. Also, if he just has pipes between the pumpjack and refineries, pipe throughput should not be an issue considering the distance shown in that screenshot.
10 a second should be filling up 5 refineries at once is the thing that makes me think even in that short distance you need a pumping station. Fluids are really bad at propagating without a pump helping them along. You can get 120fluid/s or whatever for that small distance, but I don't think a pumpjack has the simulated pressure to get it there without a small pump.

Sticking one pump at the throat of the pumpjack in an infinite oil point source should supply 5 refineries in that set up or else we found a really cool edge case in the fluid systems.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ambaire posted:

Hey, Suspicious Dish, could you mouseover the pumpjack and post a screenshot of its oil output? And could you upload that map to dropbox or similar so I could poke around it? Thanks in advance.

I got your PM. I'll do this when I get home from work today.

zedprime posted:

Sticking one pump at the throat of the pumpjack in an infinite oil point source should supply 5 refineries in that set up or else we found a really cool edge case in the fluid systems.

There are now 9 refineries on my map after someone told me to "make more".

Suspicious Dish fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Aug 29, 2016

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
While I'm thinking about ratios, 5 refineries on basic processing will only supply 1 plastic plant with a little (0.25) dribble of extra petro. So you might also check if you just have fractions of petro in your plastic factories, or fractions of crude in the extra refineries.

There is a pressure simulation based on levels and distance, but the end result because of the level dependence is most often filling parallel things up equally which can be an issue if you build too many fluid processing buildings. That actually seems more likely than the pump thing as the math pans out and that screenshot has more refinery active flames than not.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Is there a correct ratio of cracking plants per advanced refinery, or is it something I have to play by ear? (Assuming I don't need lube, for the nonce, and I haven't ever gotten to the point in the game where I need solid fuel)

(edit) Nevermind, googling found part of the answer.

quote:

Assuming advanced oil and no other outputs wanted, 5 refineries, 1 heavy to light cracking, 7 light to petroleum. I believe 1 water pump can supply 2 of those setups.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 29, 2016

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
You'll need solid fuel to launch rockets.

Somewhere I did the math to get everything perfect and then I stuck productivity modules in everything and it ruined all my math. So now I just chunk on 20 of whatever to process a backup.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Baloogan posted:

what is that mod and what gameplay mechanics does it add?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

zedprime posted:

While I'm thinking about ratios, 5 refineries on basic processing will only supply 1 plastic plant with a little (0.25) dribble of extra petro. So you might also check if you just have fractions of petro in your plastic factories, or fractions of crude in the extra refineries.

There is a pressure simulation based on levels and distance, but the end result because of the level dependence is most often filling parallel things up equally which can be an issue if you build too many fluid processing buildings. That actually seems more likely than the pump thing as the math pans out and that screenshot has more refinery active flames than not.

Have you got a dev quote for that? As far as I've seen, fluid just moves from fuller to emptier until it balances out. That's why pipes never really empty and why hooking up pumpjacks fills the pipe first then starts into the tanks/refineries. If you've seen something official about simulated pressure I'd love to see it.
Pumps can almost empty a set of pipes but there's always some residue. Anyone who's tried to clear water from a wrongly plumbed oil pipe knows that. The natural flow speed of fluids is 30/s I think, 60/s from an offshore pump. Then there's the set of speeds for various parallel pumps that everyone's seen https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6066

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Loopoo posted:

what is that mod and what gameplay mechanics does it add?

Probably produces wood for bob's mods since bob requires wood backboards to make circuits

Ratzap posted:

Anyone who's tried to clear water from a wrongly plumbed oil pipe knows that.

Easiest way to get water out of an oil pipeline is just connect a boiler to the pipe

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Azhais posted:

Probably produces wood for bob's mods since bob requires wood backboards to make circuits

Easiest way to get water out of an oil pipeline is just connect a boiler to the pipe

This is true but it's not an obvious solution, most people will have tried to pump thing empty at some point. It's a wood farm for bobs yes, the greenhouse graphic he started using is pretty nice and lights up when it's active. He'll find out later that he needs to get fertilizer in there too when it's researched.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Baloogan posted:

:golfclap: Link me to the mod. I want to make a cocaine factory and then sell it to the biters.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Ratzap posted:

Have you got a dev quote for that? As far as I've seen, fluid just moves from fuller to emptier until it balances out. That's why pipes never really empty and why hooking up pumpjacks fills the pipe first then starts into the tanks/refineries. If you've seen something official about simulated pressure I'd love to see it.
Pumps can almost empty a set of pipes but there's always some residue. Anyone who's tried to clear water from a wrongly plumbed oil pipe knows that. The natural flow speed of fluids is 30/s I think, 60/s from an offshore pump. Then there's the set of speeds for various parallel pumps that everyone's seen https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6066
The pressure is emergent from the level comparisons neighbor to neighbor and the flow resistance that slows speed down neighbor to neighbor.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Ratzap posted:

This is true but it's not an obvious solution, most people will have tried to pump thing empty at some point. It's a wood farm for bobs yes, the greenhouse graphic he started using is pretty nice and lights up when it's active. He'll find out later that he needs to get fertilizer in there too when it's researched.

Although he'll only need fertilizer if he wants to bother with the advanced wood farming.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

GotLag posted:

Note that you can just leave off the area and it will search the entire surface.

http://lua-api.factorio.com/0.14.1/LuaSurface.html#LuaSurface.find_entities_filtered

Isn't that what that command is doing? I didn't run into any trees or rocks again until I loaded in new chunks?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Basically fluid flow rate from one pipe (or anything liquid holding, I will start calling them elements from here) to another is (La-Lb)*S-R, where
La is relative level in the first element
Lb is relative level in the second element
S is the proportional speed per level unit
R is flow resistance. The resistance itself seems fairly complicated

Its kind of an assumption R is multiplicative and not subtractive subtractive based on that pump post about flow dropoff being exponential some sort of decay. With that assumption, the final step in a steady state application will always be the rate limiting step and we can restate that flow rate to be from anywhere to anywhere (no splits) as
(La*{some factor of S and R^n? level in the n-1 element should be proportional to S and R}-Lb)*S*R^n
Where the new term n is the number of pipes in the way. Someone more intrepid than myself could calculate S and R, and I think I remember seeing a more detailed effort post doing exactly that on the Factorio forums, but I doubt I'd be able to find it again.
{agh math see edit}
The general gist is speed is ultimately driven by differences in level which are inherent to the system because of the decaying of speed over distance by iterative decays to the potential speed, to keep it from just logjamming up with the same level everywhere. The decay, besides making a neat gameplay feature, puts a bit of directionality to it so things don't go around in circles if you give them the option.

I assume the generation sources mimic pressure by creating (up to) 10 units of oil or 60 units of water /s in the adjacent pipe per production cycle, and then the flow is bootstrapped from there, element to element. At splits, the split is proportional to the level at each branch. With equal level on either side it will split in half which leads to filling branches up equally until it runs into an ending or whatnot and backfills or empties out. This makes a bit of a tricky situation where depending on pipe network design, you can end up with a bunch of facilities half full fighting over scraps. In a starved situation, the facility nearest in terms of elements will get 1/2. The next nearest will then get 1/4, then 1/8 and so on. Depending on the relative starvedness, it might not make it to the end of the line, but your first in line only getting half is a pretty big deal in itself. If it can reach the furthest away without starving the junctions, common sense kicks in again: the nearest consumer will consume faster proportional to the number of pipes between it and the source.

Refineries and chem plants and tanks have an actual level. Steam engines can suck up stuff so well because their black hole has an always 0 level but consume up to 6 units/s. Pumps work the same way the inlet is functionally 0 level, and the throat passes whatever is coming by up to 30units/s forward into the next element. I expect the steam engine trick is great because it can annihilate liquid; if you deadhead a pump the level dynamics will backfill the pipes behind it equally and you are at the mercy of the speed at which 0.00001 (or however insignificant) level difference fluid moves on its own accord.

I call this a pressure simulation, because level is a measure of pressure. The fluid dynamics in game are then an incredibly simple but effective finite element analysis based on element pressure or specified flow. Being an FEA, the easiest way to see if something in anything more complicated than a straight line works is to just try it because the computer will figure it out well before you do on paper.

e. Wait no the actual exponential decay. Its been entirely too long since I took a math class. If I figure it out I'll fix it, most of this follows from whats in my head instead of the wrong equations I specified.

e2. Scaled back the scope a bit, the resistance is probably the most complicated factor and what leads to the sort of momentum you see in starved situations, where a slug of a dribble of liquid can still find its way forward to somewhere at least.

zedprime fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 29, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

What do you all consider worth putting on a main bus besides iron and copper plates? I'm thinking green circuits, but what else? And what about fluids?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Ambaire posted:

Although he'll only need fertilizer if he wants to bother with the advanced wood farming.

Depends if he needs the extra wood or wants to run with a smaller more efficient farm.

Do you have a source for that or is this supposition from observation or what you think describes what is going on. The closest thing on the factorio forums is

https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19851&p=199532

It seems a decent match of observation to theory but an actual statement by the devs describing what the game actually does would be best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Ciaphas posted:

What do you all consider worth putting on a main bus besides iron and copper plates? I'm thinking green circuits, but what else? And what about fluids?

In a stock game, bus everything really, there isn't that much to worry about. Iron, copper, steel, green circuits, iron wheels maybe for a portion.