Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i just heard that Foochs broke his wrist jackin it to Seth Rollins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

who hasnt

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Jenji Kohan

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

OITNB has fallen off pretty hard IMO.

Huh? I don't watch the show, but she's not in it, is she?

Ooooh, you thought I was talking about Netflix. No, Netflix shows are real hit or miss. I wouldn't guess based on their taste, I was guessing based on hers.

Or at least how they start, as Optimist with doubt points out. I'd say I',m more optimistic about that show than I am about tonight's RAW, how bout that :P

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

when bret hart says he never injured anyone or was never injured i wouldn't doubt that in his head he is distinguishing "injuries" which keep you out of the ring from being "hurt" which you can wrestle through. now given that he's a hart one might only imagine what that actual distinction is.

like when he says he never had a concussion until goldberg kicked him, i bet he's only counting that as a concussion because it really hosed him up and he would probably admit to "having had his bell rung" before that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I agree and literally just said as such. He should use the superkick and the shiranui more.

My point of view is that Seth has like a million loving moves anyway so it's not like losing one that's not even that cool is gonna hurt him.

Like, I'm seriously asking as a still relatively new fan, does Seth have the biggest moveset in the company? Seems like the dude's always pulling stuff out (all with completely ridiculous names) and STILL has a bunch of stuff from the indies and NXT he never uses.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

VJeff posted:

My point of view is that Seth has like a million loving moves anyway so it's not like losing one that's not even that cool is gonna hurt him.

Like, I'm seriously asking as a still relatively new fan, does Seth have the biggest moveset in the company? Seems like the dude's always pulling stuff out and STILL has a bunch of stuff from the indies and NXT he never uses.

well sheamus has had about 20 finishers

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

shiksa posted:

well sheamus has had about 20 finishers

Sheamus has the worst psychology in the company and has injured more people than Seth ever has.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
idk about quantifying it but Seth stylistically is very much Lots And Lots Of Moves

apparently his favorite wrestler growing up was RVD. I have no idea what this means (other than that he had lovely taste)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The_Rob posted:

Sheamus has the worst psychology in the company and has injured more people than Seth ever has.

He's actually good

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

in 2012 tensai probably had the biggest moveset in the company, so i wouldn't stretch this too far

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Seth Rollins, Cowardly Heel doing buckle bombs and top rope moves is shittier "psychology" than anything Sheamus has ever done

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There's absolutely nothing in that Ryback thing that's hard to believe.

The money seems realistic. The putting a title on someone during negotiations thing is their MO to make whoever think there's big plans for them.

Everything there seems perfectly in line with what I would expect.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Alain Post posted:

He's actually good

He's awful. Sheamus has the worst in ring story telling in the company.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Alain Post posted:

Seth Rollins, Cowardly Heel doing buckle bombs and top rope moves is shittier "psychology" than anything Sheamus has ever done

It isn't at all though because he still gets booed where as Sheamus just doesn't get a reaction at all.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Mulaney Power Move posted:

in 2012 tensai probably had the biggest moveset in the company, so i wouldn't stretch this too far

i wasn't watching when albert came back as... a... japanese warlord or whatever. did they acknowledge that he was, y'know, albert, or did they just pretend he was this new dude?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Actually now that I think about it Sheamus is the worst wrestler in the company.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

shiksa posted:

i wasn't watching when albert came back as... a... japanese warlord or whatever. did they acknowledge that he was, y'know, albert, or did they just pretend he was this new dude?
I think when he debuted the announcers acted like he was a brand new wrestler but when fans caught on that it was Albert like immediately (and how could you not?) they acknowledged his past WWE stint.

Hell, I still can't believe that Luke Gallows and Festus are the same person

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 29, 2016

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Mulaney Power Move posted:

when bret hart says he never injured anyone or was never injured i wouldn't doubt that in his head he is distinguishing "injuries" which keep you out of the ring from being "hurt" which you can wrestle through. now given that he's a hart one might only imagine what that actual distinction is.
Good point. Bret won the title in '92 with both ankles sprained, and a broken finger (and Flair worked the match with vertigo from an inner ear injury). That's the old school "walk it off, pussy" mentality. His generation really were treated like circus animals, and they wear it as a badge of honor.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

The_Rob posted:

Actually now that I think about it Sheamus is the worst wrestler in the company.

I'm quite down on Sheamus myself but Baron Corbin is right there.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Sheamus and Baron Corbin are both good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The actual least valuable wrestler in the company is probably like, Titus O'Neal or some poo poo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

There's absolutely nothing in that Ryback thing that's hard to believe.

The money seems realistic. The putting a title on someone during negotiations thing is their MO to make whoever think there's big plans for them.

Everything there seems perfectly in line with what I would expect.

It seems mostly like they don't want to believe there was really no universe where Guy who lost to Jericho (again) (this time at Mania) was actually never supposed to win at Mania, regardless of the opponent

Gotta pay your dues

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Titus is bad but he is there for like 2 minutes a night. Sheamus is used like he is a star and that is wrong on every front.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

the wwe is pushing the right former wcw talent

aj styles

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The_Rob posted:

Titus is bad but he is there for like 2 minutes a night. Sheamus is used like he is a star and that is wrong on every front.

No he isn't. Sheamus is being used as a good midcard hand.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Alain Post posted:

No he isn't. Sheamus is being used as a good midcard hand.

Which he isn't. I mean unless by good you mean a guy where people ignore his match.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

shiksa posted:

i never watched any of the vignettes but in his debut match they explained he wrestled at wwe and went to japan and devastated all opponents, learned true discipline, etc.

his second match they address it even more explicitly when he was fighting yoshi tatsu by saying "He never claimed to be Japanese, he just fought in Japan."

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The_Rob posted:

Which he isn't. I mean unless by good you mean a guy where people ignore his match.

Neville is the shittiest wrestler in the company by that standard.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Alain Post posted:

Neville is the shittiest wrestler in the company by that standard.

Nah because while he got no reaction on raw when he came out by then end of the match people were really into him. Sheamus just gets no reaction all match.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It was the most bizarre thing though since they would never ever ever say "A-Train" or "Albert", but they'd dance around it calling him "A former WWE wrestler who went to Japan and did stuff"

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Sheamus has injured Noble,Bryan, Kane, Cena, and Ziggler.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
If you are going to injure people, you should at least do it by being stiff as poo poo as opposed to being a clumsy goofball trying to do Sick Moves

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Alain Post posted:

Sheamus and Baron Corbin are both good.

lol

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
The_Rob's avatar should just be a big "No, actually" sign.

Seth is an unsafe worker. That doesn't mean there aren't other unsafe workers in the WWE. Seth is just one of them.

Also, Enzo is the worst wrestler.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
OITNB is good but the main event scene is poo poo. You gotta watch it for the midcard.

Edit: Still kinda mad that Poussey did the job though.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The only move more dangerous than the buckle bomb is Kevin Nash's jackknife powerbomb which is why WCW banned it.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'm just saying that Sheamus is a danger in the ring and a liability and should actually probably be fired.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'd love to see Sheamus in NJPW so agreed. He's being wasted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ban all moves but the worm

Somebody will think I'm kidding so let me halt that ASAP: I'm dead serious. Hour long classics where the only moves that can be performed are the worm is just what the ratings need

• Locked thread