Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I don't like the clash but I can acknowledge their contributions to music

but the ramones just suck

fite me

e: the worst new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

without the ramones you probably would not have the clash and i think depriving the world of london calling is hosed up

i have never agreed with anything more in my entire life

theshim posted:

more like worst poster

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I like Franz Ferdinand.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Rock and Roll High School is one of the greatest films ever made. I should watch that again tonight.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Do you mean School of Rock starring Jack Black?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

without the ramones you probably would not have the clash and i think depriving the world of london calling is hosed up

One can acknowledge the historical impact of the Ramones while simultaneously admitting that their music was on the whole entirely bad.

Like I just did. In this post.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

theshim posted:

fite me

You have 20 20 24 hours to go before I kick your arse.

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 29, 2016

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

theshim posted:

fite me

i mean do you really want to say that to me because

Captain_Maclaine posted:

One can acknowledge the historical impact of the Ramones while simultaneously admitting that their music was on the whole entirely bad.

Like I just did. In this post.

i mean you can but you're wrong as gently caress

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
the ramones sucked

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

i shouldn't be surprised that a thread about libertarians is filled with pieces of poo poo

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
The Ramones made good music but were garbage people.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

i shouldn't be surprised that a thread about libertarians is filled with pieces of poo poo

This thread was created to facilitate the free market exchange of terrible opinions. Nothing should be surprising.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Of I had a time machine I wouldn't go kill Hitler, I'd kill Reagan.

Hinckley was our best time agent and look what happened to him when he thought he could alter the past.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Aug 29, 2016

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Without a doubt the worst opinions posted in this thread have been posted on this page. Come back jrod, I am willing to listen to you now about the lizard people who control the Fed.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'd still kill Reagan

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'd kill the senatorial conspirators against Caesar.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

paragon1 posted:

I'd kill the senatorial conspirators against Caesar.

Given the foreknowledge we have, surely it'd be sufficient to just go back and warn Caesar about the Ides of March.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
have you thought about killing john maynard keynes, the greatest criminal mind of all????

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

tool and a perfect circle really aren't that big of crime imo

Caros
May 14, 2008

YF19pilot posted:

I need to know more about this story, and others, about this paragon of praexology.

I think I've told the gist of it elsewhere in the thread, but the short version goes like this:

I met this fellow (we will call him steve) on July 27, 2010. Why do I remember the date so specifically? Well I went to a midnight release for Starcraft 2, and I had this misfortune to be stuck behind him in line. We were there for roughly an hour and a half, and initially it was fine. he was gabbing to the guy in front of him about 'liberty' and other standard libertarian nonsense after the poor unfortunate soul had made the mistake of commenting on his anarchist tattoo. It probably seems uncharacteristic of me that I was silent through pretty much the first thirty minutes of his rant, but frankly I was going to be stuck in this line for another hour and didn't want to pick a fight.

Then he mentioned healthcare.

Amusingly it was the registered nurse in front of him who ripped into him about healthcare before I got to, but when he started quoting fake statistics back at her I jumped in and on the spot started pointing out the errors. Just off the top of my head the biggest glaring 'jesus gently caress are you serious' ones were his crap about mutual aid societies and his quoting of fraiser institute statistics (the fraiser institute is a canadian think tank devoted to libertarian ideals paid by oil sands money. Just about everything they say is twisted in some way or another.)

By about the hour mark we were in store and there was a solid lump of twenty people grouped up to take a crack at the guy who, in libertarian fashion, refused to shut the gently caress up. We went through about eight or nine topics with people alternately laughing and staring at this guy in abject loving horror. For someone trying to convert people to his religion the guy did a poor loving job of it, mostly thanks to myself and the fifty year old nurse/mother of two who was just there with her two kids to buy them videogames. Towards the end he actually had the balls to ask if he'd convinced anyone to vote libertarian in the upcoming election, you can guess the reply.

Anyways, he held a 'philosopher's meeting' at a local pub once a week (that got defunct within a month) that I looked up on facebook after that bizarro encounter. He also ran a podcast that has, shockingly, folded after about a hundred episodes of no one listening to it. I think the highlight of my talking to the guy in the couple of years after was watching him try and defend drug Kingpin and attempted murderer Ross Ulbright by arguing that murder for hire shouldn't be a crime since it doesn't violate the NAP. You aren't forcing anyone to do anything or hurting anyone, its the hitman who is making the violation, you're just using your free will and economic power as you see fit.

After that its pretty much just what I mentioned in thread. I was working for a leasing agency and he came to one of my buildings for a showing. I told my boss not to rent to him, he did anyways, and roughly six months after that (after I had left the company for a different city) I got a tale through the grapevine that apparently he had set his stove on fire and nearly burned his batchleor suite, and the rest of the building, down. All of this while he was the Libertarian Candidate for my part of Saskatoon (where he pulled a grand total of 43 votes if memory serves).

Libertarians are loving dumb failures of human beings, and I honestly feel sorry for their inability to grow up and engage with their fellow human beings in a meaningful, social fashion.

Fake Edit: Oh right, my girlfriend (who knows a bit more about the same guy) reminded me that apparently the reason for his bachelor suite/divorce had to do with his libertarianism. If her memory serves it was a combination of trying to self fund his garbage, white whale campaign, and some really screwed up ideas about his parenting based in self ownership (I really hope he didn't try to make the kid pay rent or something.)

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Okay if I gotta make a decision from all of history I'd say that I'd kill Joseph McCarthy

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

YF19pilot posted:

This thread was created to facilitate the free market exchange of terrible opinions. Nothing should be surprising.
I open the bid at 8.5 decifishmechs.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Grognan posted:

I open the bid at 8.5 decifishmechs.

Fat people should just eat less it's that easy

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

all lives matter

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

VitalSigns posted:

Hinckley was our best time agent and look what happened to him when he thought he could alter the past.

He's fine now

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Life is meaningless howling into the void. :emo:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

theshim posted:

have you thought about killing john maynard keynes, the greatest criminal mind of all????

Unnecessary, just intercept the postal truck carrying his manuscript to the publisher.

By the time he realizes it got lost in the mail and resubmits it, Human Action will be available in English already, the only reason nobody in the English-speaking world realized Von Mises' genius in our timeline is because Keynes beat him to the bookstores by like a week or whatever, remember?

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Aug 29, 2016

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Okay if I gotta make a decision from all of history I'd say that I'd kill Joseph McCarthy

I feel like someone would have filled his shoes eventually.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Another gem from my stepfather's Facebook.

quote:

From each according to their ability, to each according to their needs.

I am working out a theory that I hope should solve the rich / poor gap "problem".

The government has $24,000 a year as the poverty line (let's round it up to $25,000). I think that each person should pay for items based on their ability to pay.

A person making $50,000 a year or twice the poverty level, would pay twice as much for anything they buy. So a $10,000 car would cost them $20,000.

A person making $250,000 a year, or ten times the poverty level, would pay ten times as much for anything they buy. So a $10,000 car would cost them $100,000.

All money collected over the normal selling price would go to the government to subsidize those making less than $25,000.

Using this "fair" method, we should all be equally as poor as the next person in a very short time.

An alternate idea would be to impose a salary cap of twice the poverty level so that no person would be allowed to make more than $50,000 a year. Anyone doing so would have their excessive income taken away and added to the government coffers.

This too should have us all equally poor in a very short time.

To this who understand my post - wink, wink. To those who don't get it, you'll just wine and come up with comments equally as stupid as any of the two plans without even knowing that you are arguing my point better than I ever could. Hint - think taxes.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uroboros posted:

I'm sorry your stepfather is retarded

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'm sorry your stepfather is retarded

They get worse and worse, it is hard believe this is a man in his 50s and not a person straight out of high school. The last part is pure gold with the whole "any attempt to refute me is clearly dumb and wrong!"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Uroboros posted:

:sever:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Uroboros posted:

A 100% tax rate after 50k seems like a pretty reasonable idea. Maybe up it to 100k. Your stepfather has some pretty good ideas on progressive taxation.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

I feel like someone would have filled his shoes eventually.

Fine then, Stalin. I'll choose Stalin just before Lenin died.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Please stop loving up the time stream.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Uroboros posted:

I'm changing my answer to Uroboros' stepdad.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Uroboros posted:

:ussr: Sounds like a good plan to me :ussr:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
The best part is that 50,000 a year is just short of the median household income. I would literally strangle someone with their own intestines to get all Americans earning that much a year per person.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Let's check in on our old friends at mises.org, shall we?

1) In which free market advocates dismiss supply-and-demand curves as nonsense

2) In which Lew Rockwell makes up a new definition of Fascist so that he can call the US government fascist

3) On August 22nd, 2016, the Ludwig von Mises Institute became self-aware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Goon Danton posted:

Let's check in on our old friends at mises.org, shall we?

1) In which free market advocates dismiss supply-and-demand curves as nonsense

Well of course it's nonsense, we all know that demand is effectively infinite