Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

There was a verson of Superboy who got so angry he punched dimensions and altered time so Goku has some ways to go.

We already had Gotenks scream across dimensions back in Buu saga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

thats a retarded depiction of the z-warriors fighting the androids

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Pilaf literally doomed the future

They wouldn't have had time to collect the dragon balls before Piccolo was killed if Pilaf hadn't collected them before anyways.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

El Burbo posted:

Do you think Mai ever told all those refugees she's taking care of that the whole lovely world they live in is partly her fault? Does Trunks know?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So I was curious and ended up looking up when Trunks was born and when Goku Black attacked.

Trunks is apparently thirty years old.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Momomo posted:

So I was curious and ended up looking up when Trunks was born and when Goku Black attacked.

Saiyans age slow as poo poo.

Goku's literally a grandpa after all.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Momomo posted:

he should be 27 but 2 years in the time chamber puts him at 29/30 yea.

e: Apparently he's not 18 in DBZ? DBZA hosed me. So he's 32 if you include the time chamber years.

Kild fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 29, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
That kinda changes stuff, I figured he was in his early 20s for some reason so I thought all the family stuff was like "think of your future beyond fighting" and now it's more like "you're no spring chicken, Trunks, make children already"

How old is Gohan in Super? Like, he should be 20 years old at most, right?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

That kinda changes stuff, I figured he was in his early 20s for some reason so I thought all the family stuff was like "think of your future beyond fighting" and now it's more like "you're no spring chicken, Trunks, make children already"

How old is Gohan in Super? Like, he should be 20 years old at most, right?

Gohan is apparently 23, but really 24 since he spent a year in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Saiyans age slow as poo poo.

Goku's literally a grandpa after all.

According to the wiki, Goku was born in 737 and Battle of Gods took place in 778, which would make him 41. Sure there are a couple extra years because of the time chamber, but Goku isn't really that old.

But yeah, color me surprised. I figured he was in his early 20s. Christ, being Trunks is loving hard, man.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Carlosologist posted:

Gohan is apparently 23, but really 24 since he spent a year in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber

Going by those numbers there's a 4 year gap between Buu saga and BoG? former taking place in 774 and latter in 778 but i'm pretty sure it's mentioned that the gap is shorter, somewhere saying it's a year and i think the Super anime mentioned months?

Either way Gohan would be born in 757 while Videl was born in 756 and they met in highschool at 774 at 17 and 18 respectably, so Gohan should be 23 at the very most if you count his extra year
edit: oh derp, then there's the extra year 'till RoF, and now everything's caught up, so yeah, 24 if the four year gap the wikia mentions is real.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Then you have to factor in that Super moved everything up to like six months after Buu

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

El Burbo posted:

what's the translation here? what's going on?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lupus Rufus posted:

what's the translation here? what's going on?

This is what happens in Future Trunk's timeline to explain why Mai is still young there.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

ImpAtom posted:

This is what happens in Future Trunk's timeline to explain why Mai is still young there.

I think it's before future Trunks arrives and branches time, it explains her being a tween in the current timeline.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

I think it's before future Trunks arrives and branches time, it explains her being a tween in the current timeline.

Nah, it's specifically Future Trunks. You see dead Goku and PIccolo for example.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Mikedawson posted:

A bit more serious than the usual content of this thread, but I thought it was worth sharing.

An article by Austin Walker about why DBZ is important to him and how the series unintentionally appeals to black teens.
This was posted in the old thread IIRC. It's a good piece.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
It's funny cuz I don't think the actual characters ages really matter. Like gohan is treated as older than future trunks, absolutely, even if he's really like 6 years younger

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
Man that episode of Super was amazing. Animation was great, stakes are high and the good guys get humbled by a villain which has been lacking since god knows. That Omni King episode has me worried we're going to get some deus ex machina poo poo and Goku calling for his 'friend' to help out and finishing them off to a wet fart though.

Can I make a baseless prediction? The Potara earrings are going to come into play with either Goku/Vegeta or Black/Zamasu. Hope they brought some senzu beans.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

By the way, can we all take a moment to appreciate the fact that fuckin' Yajirobe survived in the Future Timeline? I always figured the Androids did him in, but he somehow is still kickin' around during Black's reign of terror.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Korin saved him and also he's coward supreme

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
Future Yajirobe will come in at the last second and cut off Black's ear before he can do a potara fusion.

Please?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Carlosologist posted:

I like to think that SSB is what happens when one trains with the God of Destruction, and SSR is what happens when trained by a Kaioshin. since they're different gods and whatnot

Except we already know what happens? Remember Gohan? His ultimate potential/"mystic" form after training with Old Kai?

I mean, new series new rules and all, but there's plenty of indications that at least in Universe 7, Whis et al are flat-out above the kaioshins power-wise.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

People could sense gohans power level though. He was still using mortal ki.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tbp posted:

It's funny cuz I don't think the actual characters ages really matter. Like gohan is treated as older than future trunks, absolutely, even if he's really like 6 years younger

they don't and I highly doubt toriyama remembers how old trunks is supposed to be or cares if he does

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Man that episode of Super was amazing. Animation was great, stakes are high and the good guys get humbled by a villain which has been lacking since god knows. That Omni King episode has me worried we're going to get some deus ex machina poo poo and Goku calling for his 'friend' to help out and finishing them off to a wet fart though.

Can I make a baseless prediction? The Potara earrings are going to come into play with either Goku/Vegeta or Black/Zamasu. Hope they brought some senzu beans.

Goku would absolutely never stand for that happening, so I don't think you really need to worry about him coming around.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

it turns out whenever shenron revives someone, he sometimes gets the age a bit off. hey, he's an immortal dragon spirit, what's a few years one way or the other

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

fusioning up a Zamasu Black when things start going south for those two might make some sense

the series has really shied away from fusion so far other than gotenks, but from stuff like the Dragonball Fusions game it's clear that they know fans dig it

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I really hope we see a vegitto vs zamaku fight.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Elfgames posted:

I really hope we see a vegitto vs zamaku fight.

Fusion battle would be pretty badass, yeah

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
pretty sure training with a god doesn't make you a god

you're either born that way or it requires some kind of magical ritual bullshit

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Unless you're Vegeta.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

Unless Vegeta got everyone together to do the Super Saiyan God ritual for him instead then he trained real hard until he became a god.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I think the gods(supreme kai/whiz/vados/king kai+other regional gods/zamasu+stupid elder god training him/king yemma/zenos' secretary+bodyguards) are all of the same "god race" that was created by zeno sama, they're mostly blue but different colors, pointy ears, random heights and weights. Earrings/halos being a seperate thing based on rank. They're all the same god "race" for the most part. I'm fairly sure they can't be replaced.

It seems like god of destruction/gods of each individual planet (beerus/champa/kami) are representatives of their dimension or planet respectively. Those are the only two that I think will ever be replaced by another race, imo.

Anyways, if Goku merged with Black would he become a well balanced, normal person? I would call him Gogokuku. or Glacko!

graham cracker fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Aug 30, 2016

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm almost 100% sure vegeta immediately got everyone back together for the super saiyan god ritual (maybe he waited till after pan was born because bulma yelled at him) and they just never felt like addressing this because the ritual thing was dumb and an artifact of an early version of the script anyway

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The SSG ritual is probably from that weirdo who's in a cult that has everyone share their ki or w/e

Almost all the movies do that poo poo in some capacity

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want to see the glorious return of Launch in Dragonball Super.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

launch shows up and kicks gomasu's rear end

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
His real name is Kakarott, but his dumb Earth name is Goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Trunks kills Zamasu which kills Goku Black as they are the Kai/Destruction pair in that future.

Goku presses the button which summons the child emperor. He tries to make Black disappear but it doesn't work because he's a powerless figurehead.

Vegeta cries and retires having lost all dignity. Again.

• Locked thread