Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

phasmid posted:

It reached its inevitable internet conclusion and passed the event horizon about 3 pages ago when people started arguing about TERFs and "political lesbians" and getting even more fringe bordering on all-sex-is-rape kinda rhetoric. It was funny for a while. Hell, it's still kinda funny. But that's just because we've got a bunch of serious people in here who post whatever diarrhea spills out of their heads.

i'm fine with Pick constantly projecting though. It actually serves to disprove her when the list of things that "All Men Are" reaches 100+ different specific issues she personally has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Ratjaculation posted:

op you should just close this lame thread

Hmm....

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Fat Shat Sings posted:

i'm fine with Pick constantly projecting though. It actually serves to disprove her when the list of things that "All Men Are" reaches 100+ different specific issues she personally has
Then let's at least amend the title to "You rapist cavemen don't deserve a princess like me"

:sparkles:

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Belding posted:

I think that this criticism is a little simple.

They approach a number of social interactions with either sex using systems and models. Nobody makes similar criticisms of How to Make Friends and Influence People or various sales strategy material that try to game social interactions.

the takeaway from that book is that you have to think about what the other person wants and truly give a poo poo, there is no game

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stinky_Pete posted:

the takeaway from that book is that you have to think about what the other person wants and truly give a poo poo, there is no game

hmmmmm but my crippling depression prevents me from even caring about myself (thus i do not bathe you see m'lady) so idk can't you just like, give me some rhetorical tricks that hit the right marks or... ?

Mr. Belding posted:

Nobody makes similar criticisms of How to Make Friends and Influence People or various sales strategy material that try to game social interactions.

actually salespeople can gently caress themselves in the butthole with their social engineering poo poo too lol. i loving hate when people try to do the pushy hard sell on me and I hate that I know it works on a lot of people

it's just that this isn't that thread so we're not criticizing that stuff right now.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 29, 2016

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
I've always wanted to try tinder. How do I get started? What pics should I use and how do I sell my personality?

sidenote: I will stream my endeavors on twitch or hitbox or tf2.tv

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
use photos of you in fun situations with other people (but still make it clear which one you are). a selfie in poor lighting of you in front of the bathroom mirror is not gonna cut it

lemme know when you figure out how to sell your personality or also how to message someone with something interesting when their profile isn't much to go on cuz idk that part really

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

state that your mates call you horse dick dan and you love to make girls squirtle squirt

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.
Wait, why are we making GBS threads on Pick again? And is Pick the same as Trophoshere or something? I feel like I missed a few pages of this thread.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

I'm at work so I can't go find it and save the thread, but there's an older CollegeHumor video featuring some hot girl at a bar being really dismissive of nice guys, it's called "what dating is really like for girls" or something idiotic like that. Anyway it's niceguys.wmv and I've never seen YouTube commenters brought to their knees that much, so if someone else can find it that would be great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbeEuYAZFL4

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Mr. 47 posted:

Wait, why are we making GBS threads on Pick again? And is Pick the same as Trophoshere or something? I feel like I missed a few pages of this thread.

we are pick, we are legion

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

urist posted:

i like pick

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i like all the peeps when we aint talking about like serious stuff.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Moridin920 posted:

lemme know when you figure out how to sell your personality or also how to message someone with something interesting when their profile isn't much to go on cuz idk that part really

will do.

i'll try opening with lines from adam sandler movies because that's my greatest interest so if we match on those terms then im already ready to buy a wedding band

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fat Shat Sings posted:

lol weren't you one of the idiots saying I needed to have "higher standards" with the men i date because i'm too forgiving

it's hilarious that no matter what the woman does she's wrong. she needs to find the perfect man instantly, but not expect men to be perfectt

what a bitch

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

this seems like the best possible time to get in on this thread

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Dick pick

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah I agree, what's good homies? What's going on itt?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Pick posted:

lol weren't you one of the idiots saying I needed to have "higher standards" with the men i date because i'm too forgiving

it's hilarious that no matter what the woman does she's wrong. she needs to find the perfect man instantly, but not expect men to be perfectt

what a bitch

I just went through my posts in the thread so no? If anything I'd say you have impossible standards

Don't let that stop you from doing exactly what I was making fun of though. (projecting that women are somehow being attacked in some way when your hyper defensiveness completely created the problem in the first place)

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
as someone who knows pick irl saying she has impossible standards is pretty lol

no shade to you pick but you know how I feel about dudes haha

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Troposphere posted:

i'm not saying i'm right, this thread is just like 50% posts from pick talking about how all men are _____ or _____ or _____ or _____ or _____ or _____ or ______ or ______ or ______ or _______ or _______ _____ or _____ or _____ or _____ or _____ or _____ or ______ or ______ or ______ or _______ or _______

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
this is the nice guy thread her posts are on topic :shrug:

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

darkhand posted:

Dick pick

lol

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Okay since the experts are here ruining the thread with their D&D poo poo. Does saving for an 80ft sailboat make me any of the horrible things this thread was talking about for the last several pages?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fat Shat Sings posted:

i'm not saying i'm right, this thread is just like 50% posts from pick talking about how all men are _____ or _____ or _____ or _____ or _____ or _____ or ______ or ______ or ______ or _______ or _______ _____ or _____ or _____ or _____ or _____ or _____ or ______ or ______ or ______ or _______ or _______

lol, it really isn't

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Men are really insecure and bad overall

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Azuth0667 posted:

Okay since the experts are here ruining the thread with their D&D poo poo. Does saving for an 80ft sailboat make me any of the horrible things this thread was talking about for the last several pages?

go to the bad with money thread..

:ssh: can i be your first mate?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

Generally I think the world is too hard on "nice guys", like you're right, you don't deserve sex because you're "nice", but the correct response isn't "so gently caress off and die" it's, "you probably need therapy and to learn to respect yourself as you are."

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

SneakyFrog posted:

go to the bad with money thread..

:ssh: can i be your first mate?

gently caress yeah man first voyage of the one I am looking at right now is Boston to the Carribean.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Azuth0667 posted:

the common advice is probably going to be NO since boats are seen as black holes for money.

it really depends on your circumstances though. Have you had a boat? Do you know how to sail? Is there any reason other than owning it you would want this?

typically you'll probably be told to save the money or buy something more useful that you like equally as much

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe

That's close but I found the one I was thinking of: https://youtu.be/nJNXCpfDrNo

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

as someone who has known me for a good while irl, yes, you have chided me many many many times about my excessive patience and undeserved kindness for mans

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Azuth0667 posted:

It sort of depends on your familiarity with boats. They are money pits, but they can be money pits within acceptable bounds as long as you have a thorough understanding of your finances and the risks you're taking, as well as a level-headed assessment of your skills re: repair and general boat troubleshooting.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

that statement is not... incorrect

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

No point in getting a nice yacht mate, whore bitches will just jump on the first rusty tug that has cash

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Pick posted:

as someone who has known me for a good while irl, yes, you have chided me many many many times about my excessive patience and undeserved kindness for mans

ilu bb someday you'll find a dude that appreciates your awesome and isn't a moron and lovely

maybe. do they exist? I'm not so sure, it is a mystery to me

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

tha share z0ne is a really good web page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

ilu bb someday you'll find a dude that appreciates your awesome and isn't a moron and lovely

maybe. do they exist? I'm not so sure, it is a mystery to me

they do, i just need to find one who will date me :v:

i have some who are friends. who have put me in some sort of zone of friendship, if you will

• Locked thread