Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

So I listened to the Reasonable Doubt episode they put on the main page. I made it about 15 mins in and Adam was just repeating the same rants he does on the main podcast. Do they ever talk about legal stuff? I tapped out after 15 mins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
He can't help himself. It doesn't matter what podcast it is, he will inevitably bring up his GD sofa or how Lynette needs to do more or something about how great the engineer neighbors are and how they met at USC.

Somewhere near the last 15 minutes they'll get to calls.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

JB50 posted:

So I listened to the Reasonable Doubt episode they put on the main page. I made it about 15 mins in and Adam was just repeating the same rants he does on the main podcast. Do they ever talk about legal stuff? I tapped out after 15 mins.

The first handful of episodes talked legal and then it turned into Adam ranting the same old rants and Mark agreeing with everything he says no matter what. I love Mark's attitude on the show (positivity) but I can't handle the same old poo poo from Adam so I unsubscribed.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Ace on the House was the same way. First couple episodes talked about home improvement and then just became Adam telling Ray he was a failure at life.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Niwrad posted:

Ace on the House was the same way. First couple episodes talked about home improvement and then just became Adam telling Ray he was a failure at life.

I love hearing the "Ray doesnt have a credit card" story for the 50th time.

Adam needs to buy another warehouse to store all his comedy.

Reasonable doubt would be good if he let Geragos take calls. You guys should check out Handel on the Law, its a really good legal radio show/podcast.

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/handel-on-the-law-on-demand

His slogan is "Handel on the law, where you call in and I tell you you have no case"

JB50 fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 25, 2016

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

JB50 posted:

Did you know that Ray doesn't own a house? He rents!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

JB50 posted:

Adam needs to buy another warehouse to store all his comedy.

Reasonable doubt would be good if he let Geragos take calls. You guys should check out Handel on the Law, its a really good legal radio show/podcast.

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/handel-on-the-law-on-demand

His slogan is "Handel on the law, where you call in and I tell you you have no case"

I have to check that show out again now that I graduated law school because I remember he sounded like a really shrill and regressive old man and I want to know if he at least knew what he was talking about.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I have to check that show out again now that I graduated law school because I remember he sounded like a really shrill and regressive old man and I want to know if he at least knew what he was talking about.

Well he says its marginal legal advice.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Granted, I'm not a huge fan of the live podcasts to begin with, but the Europe shows were loving cringeworthy.

pentfixion
May 23, 2016

WULKAMANIA WILL NEVER DIE
did he talk about how europe is so great because you can walk around the streets drinking beer

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

The Ireland show was great, what are you talking about? Too much new material and not enough poo poo to complain about in this thread?

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

Boinks posted:

The Ireland show was great, what are you talking about? Too much new material and not enough poo poo to complain about in this thread?

Oh please. His interactions with the Daniella Moyles (who was a dud to begin with) were super awkward and weren't funny at all. New material? I would have loved to hear new material but it was the same old poo poo but in Ireland or Amsterdam. You can tell from the crowd responses that he's not getting the same kind of love that he gets in the US.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

visuvius posted:

Oh please. His interactions with the Daniella Moyles (who was a dud to begin with) were super awkward and weren't funny at all. New material? I would have loved to hear new material but it was the same old poo poo but in Ireland or Amsterdam. You can tell from the crowd responses that he's not getting the same kind of love that he gets in the US.

His interactions with Daniella were supposed to be awkward, that was the entire point. That's his bit, man, he's not PC.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Boinks posted:

The first half hour of "What Can't Adam Complain About" was bullshit rehashed bits that no one could relate to. Plus the interaction with the musician was cringe-worthy. The interaction with the DJ couples though. A+. But that was because of them.

Niwrad posted:

AOTH with Ray and Stromer! Perfect show.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Adam and Drew #371 is great. Its an hour of Adam and Theo Von loving around basically.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Theo Von is a really funny guy, I like him a lot.

pentfixion
May 23, 2016

WULKAMANIA WILL NEVER DIE
Finally got to try Mangria a couple weeks back, picked up all three varieties when I found a local liquor store that actually stocked the stuff. Did not really enjoy any of em, it definitely gets you drunk before you realize it but it doesn't taste that much better than regular bum wine and it's way more expensive.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

pentfixion posted:

Finally got to try Mangria a couple weeks back, picked up all three varieties when I found a local liquor store that actually stocked the stuff. Did not really enjoy any of em, it definitely gets you drunk before you realize it but it doesn't taste that much better than regular bum wine and it's way more expensive.

But did you drink it the right and only way?

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Tune in today for an insane rant about penguins at the Monterrey Bay aquarium not being named Mike and how sickening that is.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

visuvius posted:

Tune in today

lol

In all seriousness, I only listen to Ace on the House with Ray and Stromer nowadays. Adam has ruined his show.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is Adam and Drew show better now that Loveline is done?

I just found out Loveline went off the air a few months ago.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Sometimes it has interesting calls, but it still has Adam's inane preachiness. I'm also kinda sad that it seems like Drew has zero listening comprehension skills, combined with a rush to diagnosis before he has all of the facts.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Niwrad posted:

Is Adam and Drew show better now that Loveline is done?

I just found out Loveline went off the air a few months ago.

No. It sucks. Adam rants too much.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
This podcast turned into a weird type of political and self help podcast that none of us asked for. :jackbud:

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
It's weird because Adam's genuinely a one in a million comedic talent but he's convinced himself that if only poor people had the GRIT and HUSTLE he has they too could live in the Hollywood Hills and have over 9000 sports cars.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

misdirectomy posted:

It's weird because Adam's genuinely a one in a million comedic talent but he's convinced himself that if only poor people had the GRIT and HUSTLE he has they too could live in the Hollywood Hills and have over 9000 sports cars.

Who also got the opportunity mainly because he knew the right person

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Who also got the opportunity mainly because he knew the right person

Who he met through determination, grit and hustle.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Aka dumb luck

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

That saying "Luck is when preparation meets opportunity" really applies in Adam's case.

He took improv classes and got himself to a point where when the opportunity to train Jimmy popped up, he was able to show that he was funny, competent, and a hard worker. Where he goes wrong is that he automatically assumes that everyone is always going to have the same opportunities that he got.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
The new Norm Macdonald episode is worth listening to.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

pangstrom posted:

The new Norm Macdonald episode is worth listening to.

Did they tell the story of Norm banging his friend's wife while his friend was mowing the lawn again?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Medullah posted:

Did they tell the story of Norm banging his friend's wife while his friend was mowing the lawn again?
I think it was anal, too, but no it was not revisited (unless I missed it or it was at the very end).

He did pitch the "Adam teaches Norm to drive" again.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Has the show changed much over the last 6 months or so? It's not that I hate it or anything, there is just so much good podcast content out there these days that I never seem to get around to it.

Any updates on Bryan's cancer? Still pretty remarkable how long he's gone with that.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Niwrad posted:

Has the show changed much over the last 6 months or so? It's not that I hate it or anything, there is just so much good podcast content out there these days that I never seem to get around to it.

Any updates on Bryan's cancer? Still pretty remarkable how long he's gone with that.

BB just had a kid and is cancer free. Adam is still Adam. The only show I listen to anymore is Ace on the House with Ray and Stromer.

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

what do you do for the rest of the show when you have bingo blackout in the first 20 minutes?

Tweak fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 29, 2016

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Swap "Molly Girl" to "Philly Cheesesteak"

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Needs "plasma TV" as well.

BTW Adam they dont make those anymore.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Swap "Molly Girl" to "Philly Cheesesteak"

No no, it's Phil E. Cheesesteak. Get it? ITS FUNNY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Thought of another one.

"Bivouac", hes the only person I know that says this on a regular basis.