Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I had a really memorable sinh fight because when I beat him he broke my weapons and I had to dodge his diving attacks while trying to find another weapon to use in menus and I still beat him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Soral posted:

except it's extremely hosed up that he's resistant to lightning damage instead of weak to it
I guess it's because he has that fuckoff huge lightning spear weapon stuck in him already... probably built up a resistance over the years

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

me one month ago:

HolePisser1982 posted:

if it's another rehash of a previous souls area I'm going to scream
absolutely retarded, shameful

me now: Yess fuuUck yes! sif + ariamis, miyazaki da god

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

HolePisser1982 posted:

me one month ago:

absolutely retarded, shameful

me now: Yess fuuUck yes! sif + ariamis, miyazaki da god

well you didn't specify WHAT you'd be screaming

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Sinh is literally just kalameet with poison in a closed in area, it's the same AI and everything

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don't think the trailer for the DLC looks that good

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Well, maybe Im being too harsh.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I don't think the trailer for the DLC looks that good

It doesn't really show anything, but Im going to buy the DLC no matter. ACtually I already bought it. So they dont need to sell me on anything

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Stag Knight looks cool as hell

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

They barely showed anything from old hunters too. It's better this way

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

shaking a bit of the cobwebs off and the abyss walkers are kicking my rear end. the game is still good babey

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Abyss walkers is a great fight. Another one of those boss battles where I always watch the interstitial cinematic

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Wish the Abyss Watchers was a later in the game fight so it could be even more epic.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hes really rough if you're fighting him alone the first time, nothing in the game is that aggressive up to that point. it's a really good fight that tells you the game's done loving around

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish there was a way to prevent the third guy from joining the fight so you could do a true 2 on 1

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the dude that joins him goes down in like 3-4 hits though lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

hes really rough if you're fighting him alone the first time, nothing in the game is that aggressive up to that point. it's a really good fight that tells you the game's done loving around
I actually found him pretty easy but I accidentally figured out the trick with the adds because I was running away to heal and a new guy popped up and started clowning on him, it was great

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

the dude that joins him goes down in like 3-4 hits though lol

yeah but I don't attack him usually, just aim for the boss. If you do that the first phase is way harder than the second and good training for pontiff

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I thought the trailer looked cool but I'm a total sucker for snow/ice levels

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

got to irithyll again. Return of the Feels

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

very good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2YFgzzJiLA

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

"He's gassing me!"

Soral
May 30, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

"He's gassing me!"

lmfao

Soral
May 30, 2009

the ending of that video is incredible

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl7XkBKPDLQ&t=319s lmao

Soral
May 30, 2009

ive never heard of this guy and now im watching all his videos

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Finally got around to using the Greataxe. Holy crap it's so satisfying chewing up everything in front of you with a series of loud metal clunks

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

The pure str weapon options have been kinda disappointing so far. So far the only memorable weapons have been heavy-infused Dark Sword, Gundyr's halberd, and now the Greataxe. The great club and butcher's knife are okay, and the drang twinhammer's are neat but too short to connect with much

Gonna have to try out Lorian's Greatsword and the Dragonslayer Greataxe eventually, since i've gotten blown the gently caress up every time I've fought someone with one, but I'm definitely running out of choices. I'd suck Miyazaki's dick off if he put the Kirkhammer in this game...

Soral
May 30, 2009

lorian's greatsword is one of my favourites and i used it all the way into ng+3 after i got it

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Soral posted:

the ending of that video is incredible

Lmao holy poo poo

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

The pure str weapon options have been kinda disappointing so far. So far the only memorable weapons have been heavy-infused Dark Sword, Gundyr's halberd, and now the Greataxe. The great club and butcher's knife are okay, and the drang twinhammer's are neat but too short to connect with much

Gonna have to try out Lorian's Greatsword and the Dragonslayer Greataxe eventually, since i've gotten blown the gently caress up every time I've fought someone with one, but I'm definitely running out of choices. I'd suck Miyazaki's dick off if he put the Kirkhammer in this game...

Try the Spiked Mace

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Great Machete dropped by the big guys in undead settlement is also amazing. It's technically a greataxe but with huge range.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

Black Knight Sword + Greatsword are both pretty good, BKGA too but it got slightly nerfed

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

jyrque posted:

Great Machete dropped by the big guys in undead settlement is also amazing. It's technically a greataxe but with huge range.

i cannot get that thing to drop on the one character i want it on lol. but the great club is working rly well

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I kind of struggled with the big slow weapons bc of the increased enemy speed, but I didn't spend much time trying to get used to them

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I kind of struggled with the big slow weapons bc of the increased enemy speed, but I didn't spend much time trying to get used to them

it's worth it to stagger the big knights with 2 swings and launch dogs into the air.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

i just got my level ~50 DS character to 27 STR and started using the giant wooden club thing....never used any of the big STR weapons (except two handed to check out the moves on my last char) and I have to say they're actually fun as poo poo to use. i love how the bugs in Blighttown have a special squish animation for when you two hand strong attack them with a giant mace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Use a sharp exile greatsword and pretend your dex build is a strength build.

• Locked thread