Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Honestly Ive got my monkey paw wish fulfilled with Yakuza 5, so anything else that's good is just gravy on the biscuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Policenaut posted:

Knack
Knack
Knack
Knack
Knack
Knack

It'll be a good month.

Don't give them any ideas.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Guess it's time to buy RE4 again

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
For people curious about God Eater Resurrection, which is bundled with God Eater 2 in europe: https://www.twitch.tv/emalde

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'm hearing that the Castle of Illusion remake is being delisted from every store front including Steam and PSN in a couple of days. Lucky me I grabbed it like a week ago when it was 80% off. You may want to get a move on if you were interested on the game.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Saoshyant posted:

I'm hearing that the Castle of Illusion remake is being delisted from every store front including Steam and PSN in a couple of days. Lucky me I grabbed it like a week ago when it was 80% off. You may want to get a move on if you were interested on the game.

it was PS+ a while ago

came with the Genesis emulated version too i think

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
when did they start announcing PS+ games on Thursdays, anyway? didn't it use to be the preceding Tuesday?

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Wait does this mean I need to download Castle of Illusion or will I still be able to dl it after they remove it from the store.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Wait does this mean I need to download Castle of Illusion or will I still be able to dl it after they remove it from the store.

You should retain the ability to download it.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

The only game that was ever complety wiped from servers was P.T. iirc

Should be fine

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Knack knack
Who's there?
This month's ps+ games
This month's ps+ games who?
I already told you

morallyobjected posted:

when did they start announcing PS+ games on Thursdays, anyway? didn't it use to be the preceding Tuesday?

I don't think it's even officially Thursday. It just usually comes whenever they have it after the last Tuesday if the processing month.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Policenaut posted:

It'll be a good month.

What would be a good month?
Patapon 4 free for PSplus members cross buy cross save.

strategery fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 29, 2016

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Are they updating the control scheme for RE4 on the PS4? I remember liking it on PS2 way back in the day but just found the PS3 version frustrating when I tried to play it last year. I think I'm so used to modern control schemes that my brain can no longer compute older ones.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nomadic Scholar posted:

the same thing happened with the Marvel vs Capcom series after disney bought marvel. i bought em beforehand and can still download them.

PT was the only one.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol look at him go!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

The only game that was ever complety wiped from servers was P.T. iirc

Should be fine

Where is X-Men Arcade? God I can't believe I never heard of it being on PSN until recently.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

BisterdDave posted:

Where is X-Men Arcade?

Wait, what? X-Men arcade is on PSN?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Disney owns Marvel. No videogames for you.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
NOTHING MOVES THE BLOB!!!

I might need to fire up the ps3!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What if Knack is actually like, really good, but its just that no one has played it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

In Training posted:

What if Knack is actually like, really good, but its just that no one has played it.

It was a pack-in for Japanese PS4's at launch...hang on you might be onto something here.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

univbee posted:

It was a pack-in for Japanese PS4's at launch...hang on you might be onto something here.

super mario world was a pack-in, and is one of the best games ever

holy poo poo it's true

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Knack looks really good at least, like its a CGI movie, but Ratchet and Clank already does that better now. I got it for few bucks, but I haven't booted up again since playing it the once. Might be more fun if you have an other person to play the human dude. Alittle messed up though, Knack is clearly a sentient, intellegent being, but he is made to go through a death guntlent at the start of the game to show his use as cannon fodder or something. It was just a demostration, but he could still die during it, as much as a dude made of beads and knick knacks exploding counts as dying.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Some parts of it are cool. Its also probably too hard/frustrating for a modern kids game though

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Real hurthling! posted:

Some parts of it are cool. Its also probably too hard/frustrating for a modern kids game though

So you're saying it's Dark Souls but also with spectacular graphics like a CGI movie?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Real hurthling! posted:

man did you play crash as a kid? some of those levels were loving brutal

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I heard if you say Knack three times on level 5 your PS4 bricks

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

Yah. But compared to other kids games available on ps4 today like skylanders or whatever knack is fuggin ninja guidan

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Knack is more of a challenge then you would expect, while I like challenging games it just didn't hold my attention.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Awesome! posted:

I only played Crash Bandicoot 3 but I remember some of the level gimmicks getting outright evil by the end. (The firefly level.)

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

mycot posted:

I only played Crash Bandicoot 3 but I remember some of the level gimmicks getting outright evil by the end. (The firefly level.)

my favourite rear end in a top hat move was in Crash 1 when they put some boxes not only behind the level start but across a blind jump over a long pit with bounce pads that wouldn't show up until you landed on them.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

morallyobjected posted:

my favourite rear end in a top hat move was in Crash 1 when they put some boxes not only behind the level start but across a blind jump over a long pit with bounce pads that wouldn't show up until you landed on them.

My favorite dick move in Crash 1 is that bridge of boxes in the first level that you either walk across with invincibility as it breaks behind you or slowly jump across and hope you don't miss a box/die.

That's probably the hardest part of that entire first level and really sets the stage for the incredibly hard poo poo later on.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Watrick posted:

Wait, what? X-Men arcade is on PSN?

It was for like a year and then Disney had it taken down. It can't be purchased anymore but if you bought it before it was taken down, you can still redownload it forever.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Shnag posted:

Knack is more of a challenge then you would expect, while I like challenging games it just didn't hold my attention.

I mean it is from the creator of Marble Madness so...

...! posted:

It was for like a year and then Disney had it taken down. It can't be purchased anymore but if you bought it before it was taken down, you can still redownload it forever.

Yeah, and the PSN version supports 6 players if you can get enough controllers together. Both that and Simpsons Arcade were still available to purchase as codes from Gamestop for a little while after they were de-listed.

Speaking of de-listed games: I think Rush'n Attack: Ex-Patriot was gone for a while, but it's back. Also, Acceleration of Suguri-X is un-buyable but still has a page on the web store. Digital games are great in some ways but so dumb in others.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Why would they be removing Castle of Illusion from the store? :confused:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

BadAstronaut posted:

Why would they be removing Castle of Illusion from the store? :confused:

disney is very bitchy about their licenses

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Shnag posted:

Someone please tell me that they also have played and not enjoyed Knack and we are not simply circlejerking around one dude's opinion about what might be revealed to be the greatest PS+ game ever delivered upon the masses, thanks.

You've got like 1 minute to reply or else I guess Knack is some kind of secret genius I will totally download and enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I'm one of the lucky few who managed to buy Catan for PS3 before it was taken down. (Of course, good luck starting an online game with such a low player base.) It was only up for a few months. I think that might be the record.

• Locked thread