Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.
I've never seen or heard of Shadow bailing prior to Imperial Camp before... always thought the idea was "he won't ditch until Sabin's not alone."

Then again, there's a really bad bug later involving him leaving that I doubt Leave will trigger due to it being a pain in the rear end, so.... who knows.

E: There's your new page, Leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
So I've been thinking for a bit. There's an extremely extensive hack for the SNES version of FF6 called FF6 T-Edition (it's so big you need two ROMs to access all content). I want to LP it for you folks, but there are two obstacles:

1. It's entirely in Japanese (and I only have one semester of Japanese under my belt), and
2. I've had pretty lovely luck trying to record video on my iMac (for ease of image selection) without OBS adding extraneous crap.

Anyone want to take a stab at addressing either of those (or LPing it themselves, that's an option too)?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Update Seventeen: Dark Hollow

Welcome back, folks, and hello! Last time, on Final Fantasy VI Advance, we began our perilous journey through the Phantom Train, trying to find a way to stop the train before it pulled into the final station, delivering us, as well as a full load of souls, into the afterlife. Today, we're going to keep goin', since that train kept a rollin' (all night long). So, uh, let's roll.

Well, I didn't integrate that very well into my opening spiel. And I'm too lazy to try and rewrite it.

We could have killed the poo poo out of that ghost, but, eh, he's not hurting anyone. At least, not where I can see it.

I know it's a Phantom Train and all, but you'd think he'd bring in the Phantom Repairmen and get things patched up a little bit. You don't want the ride to the afterlife to be all shoddy.

Oh, sure, it all looks nice and good on the inside, but eventually, that outside damage is going to start bleeding inside, then you have two problems on your hand.

Also, we're in the dining car. Sure, eat the food on the ghost train; what's the worst that can happen?

Other than having to order using YMCA dance moves.

Wow, a cup of coffee, a bottle of wine, and what looks like some steak and...Broccoli? Green veggies, at any rate.

Eh, no more dangerous than anything else we've done today, really.

Lighten up, Jack, and have something to eat. It might help.

...Oh, Leave is one of those eaters.

Now, there's alternate dialog for who is leading the party when you sit down to grab some grub.

Jack still has some concerns about eating the food, but scarfs and slurps just like Leave.

Meanwhile, Bowser feeds his dog, as he's a good owner. He also slurps and scarfs, so I guess our entire party is just rude about it.

The Ghost has a bit, too, but it's not really worth seeing.

We shall.

But not that way. Those ghosts won't let us past.

Now, we could go grind out some levels with the free healing spot here, but enemies on the Train give piss-poor experience.

I want that chest, though.

So we loop around the other side and enter from the back. They'll never see this coming!

This immediately goes on Leave, since Aura Cannon is magical in nature. If I only had the other Earring...

So, Bombs are dicks with 160 HP that should be taken out immediately.

They have access to Blaze, a pretty strong Fire spell, which can deal around 200 damage, if not more. It can be extremely dangerous.

Bombs in the Final Fantasy series also have the tendency to kamikaze themselves on you, which can also deal a good bit of damage, but we can one-shot this thing pretty easily with anybody, but it's still a priority target.

That's only worth 35 EXP and 80 Gil, by the way.

Moving on, I pulled a muscle in my back somehow.

I'm almost at the point where I can walk normally again, but man, it was rough going for a while there.

The odd part is, I'm not even sure what I could have done to jack it up. I came home from work last night, barely able to do more than hobble.

And then I fell down the stairs earlier today, just when it was starting to feel better, which made it gently caress off all over again.

But enough of my woes, there's a mysterious voice!

Holy crap, it's a swordsman mummy.

He should have referred to Jack as a squirrel.

Calm your tits, Leave, it wasn't that funny.

I'm tempted to make a Lil Jon joke, but I'm pretty sure that was played out yeeeeears ago.

...Alright, jerkface, let's dance.

:geno:

Oh, no, please, continue to slay me.

Alright, my turn.

Super classy, Jack, stabbing him in the dick like that.

But, hey, I won't argue with results.

We also get 1 Gil!

What?

Oh, he shoulder-checks Leave outta the way and steals the chest. You douchebag!

Eh, not like we'll ever see him again. Let's move on.

Right into another room.

Now, I'm pretty sure there's nothing in here, since I looked pretty hard, but I could very well be wrong.

Though, right outside, we encounter a new enemy.

The new guy is a Living Dead.

Who, besides a pathetic physical, can also inflict Sap on your people, but they're nothing to worry about.

I like to think that's the exact face I'd make if I got cornholed with a katana.

Only 200 HP, by the way, with 54 EXP and 135 Gil.

Man, the train of the dead seems pretty long.

Is that the conductor?

By gum, it is.

I guess he's here in case you miss the conductor back at the beginning of the train, which is nice.

And yet another (I think) empty car.

Don't worry, this one has treasure in it.

One bit of which is hidden behind a monster in a box.

Being a monster in a box, they're a bit tougher than what we've already encountered here.

It has 1,500 HP, but is weak to Holy and Fire.

As well as being stabbed in the mouth.

So, this thing isn't all that dangerous, but it does have a strong Lightning attack that can deal some big damage, but if Leave has the Earring equipped, he'll nearly wipe out half its health in one go, and then it's just a matter of finishing her off. Also, a Hyper Wrist, how...Disappointing. It won't stack with another Hyper Wrist, if you were wondering.

The last chest has another Phoenix Down, too.

While this one has a kind of neat accessory, but it's only useful for one of the characters we have.

Nathan is the only one who would get any real use out of this, since everyone else has some sort of backrow option, while he's stuck with physical attacks for his damage dealing.

Also, there's some baby urp on my shoulder. I forgot it was there.

For whatever reason, the Koopaling only seems to spit-up on me. Of the three or four times she's done it, they've all been on me.

I don't know why I'm the baby puke magnet, but I can tell you I'm not a big fan of it.

We're close to the end, if the save point wasn't a clue.

And there's the end! Just a little puzzle to solve.

Smash everything!

Or just read this up here, which you'll find, if you're scouring the compartment. You'll also notice that I flipped the switches already, but that's because I was auto-pilot on this section, since I've done it far too many times before.

I'm not sure that's how trains really work, but hey, I could be wrong.

:ducksiren:The boss fight video starts here!:ducksiren:

And, just like that, we're about to fight a train.

So, the Phantom Train usually has a pretty good variety of attacks, but I either killed it too quickly, or its RNG had a stroke and only let is use Wheel.

Which missed the first time. It also has access to Diabolical Whistle, which inflicts random status ailments on party members, but it only uses that regularly when you have two party members around, so we don't have to worry about that. However, before we go any further, let's show off some rockin' poo poo.

:smugdog:

It never gets old.

The Phantom Train has 1,900 HP, ans is weak to Fire, Holy, and Lightning.

It's also undead, so I could have just used a Phoenix Down and took it out in one shot.

But, c'mon, honestly, how often do you get the opportunity to beat up a fuckin' train? Seriously.

That was the only successful attack it got off, the poor bastard.

...Maybe I'm not doing a good job of showing off the bosses.

And our only reward is a Tent, which I'm cool with.

Hobble into the shop for repairs?

...Oh, right, you're on a mission.

Well, no need to stick around any longer than necessary.

Too bad we can't commandeer it as a land vessel to travel on.

Eh? What's that over there?

...Oh.

Let him go, Leave. Let him say his goodbyes.

The train blows its whistle.

Jack forgets his manners and shoves Leave out of the way in his haste to reach his wife and son.

Leave falls off the platform, but Bowser is there to check on him.

This is just heart-breaking for me.

Maybe I'm gettin' soft in my old age...

:smith:

:unsmith:

Yeah, you're probably right. Let him take all the time he needs.

Our scene fades to black...

And we appear on the other side of the Phantom Forest.

This area is our next destination, but we're going to save that for next time, where we'll get back to Narshe and join the other parties.

Stay tuned!

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
On one hand - TRAIN SUPLEX.

On the other hand, Jack at least made the attempt to say goodbye.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Some mechanical notes from the last few pages:

Shadow Bowser can and will leave at any point during Sabin Leave's adventure except on the Phantom Train. He can leave during the forest section leading up to it (as shown) but not while actually on the train itself. The entrance and exit events toggle his 'leave at end of battle' script. Also, he has a higher chance of leaving post Phantom Train (IIRC.)

My favorite way of dealing with Siegfried is equipping the Black Belt (counters if attacked) relic found in another one of those boxes onto someone. This gives him a 1/3 chance of ending the battle in his initial flurry of attacks :v:

The Suplex/Meteor Drive Blitz is something of an oddity in how it's coded. There's something akin to a 'status immunity' coded into the game just for it alone to determine what enemies you can and cannot suplex (most are logical in that they're flying or too heavy.) Phantom Train lacks this immunity, hence you being able to Suplex it. Also it's undead so you can just toss a Pheonix Down at it and watch it die.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
I like to think that some beta tester noticed that you can suplex the train, and then proceeded to say absolutely nothing at all in a successful attempt to share such wonderment with the world.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

GeneralYeti posted:

I like to think that some beta tester noticed that you can suplex the train, and then proceeded to say absolutely nothing at all in a successful attempt to share such wonderment with the world.

What beta testers?

ff6 code was composed with chopsticks and thumbtacks. The glitches in this game are legendary.

Since it wasn't fixed for the GBA version though I have a feeling they deliberately chose to look over this one since it's not particularly game breaking.

mauman fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 30, 2016

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

That or the people fixing it later never realized it was a glitch in the first place.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
And thus we are past a very memorable boss fight. Any Ghost party members automatically leave the party right before that last save point car- I think they get a thanks for the help and that's it. Leave missed some monsters but I'll let some more updates go by to build the list before I bring out Lakitu again.

If you try to repeat the Phantom Train experience- you can't sadly. You just walk through the forest and platform. Oh well.

I feel bad for Jack going through all that- good thing our party is here to give him new purpose in life.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

If I were stuck on a train like that, I'd just jump off from one of those balconies.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I think the Phantom Train has Acid Rain, which hits hard and hits your entire party.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The ONE thing I knew about this game before I started playing it is that Sabin suplexes a train.

I even asked Leave when I got to this point "Is THIS the train I'm supposed to suplex?!" Had to make sure to suplex the train. How many times do you get such an opportunity?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Oh good, now I can post this:

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

GunnerJ posted:

It never gets old :allears:

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Absolutely Beautiful.

ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

Where did the punster go when he was defeated? The "punitentiary"!
If there's anything else I like about the Phantom Train fight, since the most notable thing is being discussed, it's that the entire party is shown running away from it. It's just a little detail I love a lot and I think that's the only time in FF6, or hell FF in general, where the party is shown running away from the boss they're fighting.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

: That was a good nap. I feel refreshed! What's next?

Chapter 7: Phantom Forest Pfatheads

"The Ghost's attacks include Fire, Fire Wall, and Pause."
: I ain't afraid of no ghost! KAMEK! Get in here and take care of this pathetic thing!

"A greatly enlarged virus. Slows down your ATB gauge with its Cling attack."
: The last time I saw something like that was when I was sick for a week...

"An emissary from a magical world. The Whisper moves like a shadow, casts Emi, and for some reason, this foe's HP gradually decreases during the battle."
: Looks like someone graduated from the Plan 9: I'm Totally Bela Lugosi! school of acting...

"Attacks include Invizap and Drain."
: A Cloud? GWA HA HA HA!

: What?

: Gah! No you, you fool! I'm talking about that Hazer!

: Want me to kill it?

: No, jus... You know what? Sure. Knock yourself out. Bwahaha!

"First it attacks with a Blaze, then it damages its enemy with Exploder."
: Don't hold the bomb when it blows up -- You'll waste a perfectly good bomb!!

"A warrior possessed by an evil spirit. Wears away HP with its Slip Touch attack."
: This guy is StillGoing! I've been looking for something to fry with my fire breath!

"The wandering spirit of a murder victim. Attacks with Lightning. Don't underestimate this powerful foe."
: How does this Specter even use lightning attacks?

"Though he will launch many attacks at first, don't let this weak charade fool you. Just scratch him and he'll run away."
: Ziegfried! What a chump! Event Kamek could beat this loser! Bwahaha!

"The Ghost Train will attack with Acid Rain, Evil Toot, and its Wheels for starters. Leave's AuraBolt and Suplex are effective. Stop it dead in its tracks with Revivify."
: OK, I think this is one of the wierdest things I've ever seen... An udead train?

: Say, that Cloud guy is pretty good. I wonder if I can hire him to take care of Mario for me...

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

For some reason this link absolutely refuses to load, but I know what it is and it is the best at everything.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Update Eighteen: High Plains Drifter

Howdy, folks, and welcome back! Last time, on Final Fantasy VI Advance, we beat the poo poo out of the Phantom Train and left the Phantom Forest. Today, you're going to find out that I lied to you, that we're not going to Narshe, because I was getting a bit ahead of myself, and I deeply apologize for that, so let's roll.

I'm not sure how I made that mistake, honestly.

I know certain bits of this game get jumbled around in my memory, but to completely forget a new town, area, and character (even though I remember the character and the circumstances around his recruitment), that's a new one.

Alternatively, that's what having kids does to you. Apparently my wife and I have full conversations about where she's moved things that I have no recollections of, even though she can perfectly recall what was said, by who, and when.

The Veldt has a bitchin' tune associated with it.

There's also a major gimmick with it, but we'll get there in a minute.

But considering how badly we kicked the poo poo out of them before, I'm honestly not worried about it.

: If we can make it through the Veldt, we could head there.

What?

Bah, you bastard. If you have Bowser on your team at this point, he's always going to take off here. I think he's afraid of water.

: Thanks for your help! Let's team up again sometime!

Bowser just walks off, since he's too cool for goodbyes. Or something.

Jesus, these two are a lot ballsier than I am. I'd get to the edge, be ready to jump, then probably poop myself before turning back.

But, hey, that's why it's good I'm not an RPG protagonist!

However, it won't be quite as easy as just riding the falls down. We're going to have a fight.

These guys are just to pad out the trip.

This is all they have to offer in the way of defense, and they have 10 entire hit points to their name.

So, yeah, a funny look will melt their innards.

After taking out the first two, three more pop up. After taking out these three, we'll fight two more, then another three come.

Until this guy comes along. I guess he technically qualifies as a boss.

He's got 775 HP and some nasty, nasty attacks to use against you.

He's also weak to Lightning, but I have no earthly idea of how we'd have that element at this point.

Megavolt is far from the worst of it; he also has Bite and a regular physical.

However, this is the pants making GBS threads attack.

El Nino is Water elemental, a rare element to begin with, and powerful to boot.

If conditions were slightly different, he could one-shot these guys.

As it stands, he drat near did just that, but we're going to use a Shinkuu Hadoken and take him out.

We snag a Remedy, an item that heals all status effects, and a Potion for our efforts.

Then once again, we see Leave floating along a river.

But this time when we wash up on the shore, someone is there to greet us.

He also freaks out over finding a dead body, as any boy his age would.

He's 13, by the way.

And our new character!

BOLD a vote for what we're going to call the new youngster we're taking on a dangerous journey.

Leave, you're looking very dismissive of someone who was making sure you weren't a corpse.

And you scared him off. Not even a thank you!

But, here we are, on the Veldt. Be sure to click the music link above; it plays through battles here, too.

And it is fuckin' excellent. As you know, I barely remember video game music, but I've got that poo poo burned into my memory.

Since I mentioned battles here, and a gimmick to them, let me tease you.

You'll recall that these guys are Narshe enemies. The full explanation will come in a little bit, but know that monsters from every part of the world gravitate to the Veldt.

You'll encounter Gau throughout your fights here.

Uh, alright, let's see what we can feed you.

That Green Cherry sure as hell isn't going to do it. Who has ever been satisfied from a single cherry?

So, instead

EAT THIS

Don't worry, he's fine. He'll be back soon enough, and right as rain.

For now, we're going to check out Mobliz.

Let's see, there's a weapon and armor shop, an item shop, and a relic shop. As well as a few interesting bits of dialog, and the meat of the update.

We'll start over on the weapon side.

Jack is the only one to get a weapon upgrade here.

It's a nice little boost, and will make his Bushido that much stronger.

Now for some armor.

I grab some Magus Hats, Iron Helms and Iron Armors while we're here.

You'll notice that Gau is on our little screen at the bottom, and that we can buy gear for him. He's technically been recruited and is part of the party, but the thing we have to do know is how to get him to join the party.

Which isn't difficult, provided you talk to a couple of people in town who tell you how to get him to join up.

So let's go do that.

Well, not this guy. He doesn't tell us poo poo.

Why, yes, we did.

Alrighty, thanks for the origin story.

Super useful!

Oh, there's more.

Which is true. When he says monsters from all over the world, he's not loving joking.

Took the express route and everything.

In all fairness, I don't know why someone would want to come here. It's a tiny town on a plain surrounded by all sorts of horrific monsters and other dangerous poo poo.

You don't say.

What kind of things are you imagining where you picture children with monsters!?

...Never mind.

That you shrieked like a little girl while you threw meat at the monsters so they wouldn't eat your tender flesh? I can totally picture it.

And that's our big clue for getting the kid on our team.

But before we just buy some meat and go get him, let's talk to everyone else.

"His blood stops flowing if he hears our voices!"

I like the image of a guy with one leg, half an arm, two fingers, bleeding like a stuck pig, just waltzing into the village, whistling Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree.

I know what it means to dress a wound, but I always imagine someone is trying to put a little pair of shorts on a cut, or they've put a T-shirt on your appendectomy scar.

Maranda has been mentioned before, by General Leo, and apparently this guy has someone there interested in his survival.

So let's go bug him about that.

Oh, so Maranda isn't an Imperial town, not in the sense that it started as one. So one of the soldiers in the Imperial Camp was willing to lay down his life for the Empire, even though they forcibly took his town. Or maybe he met his sweetheart while they were invading.

Believe me you, buddy, it's better you didn't help with the Doma invasion. I have it on good authority that there were a lot of concussions involved there.

...How have you been pooping?

I suppose we could do that. No reason not to.

The flowers in the garden will soon bloom, and announce the arrival of spring. How are you doing? I'm worried. I so wish I could fly to your side and be with you! Please think only about getting better, and try not to push yourself too hard. Rest knowing I spend every day thinking only of you, and wishing I could see you...

I, uh, I'll go see what we can figure out.

Since they have a good carrier pigeon network here, maybe we can get something done for that guy.

Oh, you're not the carrier pigeon man.

Let's say that I haven't. What's the skinny there?

Okay, we're south of Mobliz right now.

We zoom a little further south.

Alright, we're tracing an ocean path.

Which leads to that town. Excellent, we've got an idea of what path to take.

...Oh, there's no boat. So we have to learn how to breathe under water. Or find a diving helmet. Which seems more likely to you?

Well, sure, he deserves that much. He's not a total dick, like most of the other Imperial soldiers we've seen.

500 Gil? Hell, pocket change, so take it. This is a bit of a sidequest, but I'll go over it in detail later.

As in next update, probably.

For now, I'm going to rob this guy of his Elixir.

And then sneak into his basement.

But their only diving helmet was stolen, so that doesn't do a whole lot for us.

Heading north, we see the beginning of teen pregnancy.

Ellipses, in a JRPG? Yeah, these two are incredibly crazy about each other.

Finally, the relic shop.

It's, uh, yeah, not that great on selection.

However, in the back, there's a bed we can snooze in, for free, which is good. The letters sidequest requires us to sleep between each letter sent, and we have to do that five times to get our reward.

For now, let's get some chow for the kid.

We just need one, and then he's ours forever.

But we just have to find him first.

Like they said, all sorts of monsters and bad guys gravitate over here.

And all we have to do is use the Dried Meat on the green haired kid.

I think we're recruiting a new party member through the power of beef jerky.

This game's awesome.

Calm down, Leave, he's just happier than a pig in poo poo over having something to eat.

Sure, why wouldn't the wild child know English?

How did he learn it? Who knows!

However, he is a greedy little bastard.

: You go...get more for me.

: You're a regular little munchkin, huh?

: And you...afraid of me!

: You want some of this?

: Me not want hurt you...

: Stop looking at me like that!

Leave and Gau start duking it out, punches flying, kicks landing, bouncing around the Veldt in a battle for supremacy between--Oh, hell, they're dancing.

: You're pretty tough...for a little guy!

: That fun! You strong!

Careful, Gau, you're going to get him all riled up again. I saw him suplex a train once.

: Shut up!

Okay, grandma. :eyeroll:

: And thou, o wild one... Who might thou be?

: Thou! Thou! Thou! Thou! Thou! Thou!

Aww, Jack doesn't like being teased about constantly being in character as Ye Olde English guy.

Then again, Jack hasn't had a good time of it lately...

: *whisper whisper* *whisper whisper* ...Okay?

: Gau not mean person...

: Water under the bridge! Let us not dwell on such things. Sir Gau, I have a feeling we will get along quite well. Wilt thou join us?

That also reminds me, speaking of "Oh!" moments. I found a game script for the iOS version of the game, which is the same as the translation used for the GBA version.

: Right... What manner of rubbish do you suppose he's gonna give us?

: Gau's treasure...shiny, shiny! Shiny, shiny, shiny!!!

: ...Can anything be THAT shiny?

: Mr. Thou like shiny thing?

: Mr. Thou's that one -- over THERE! A shiny thing, eh? Nathan's gonna be jealous when he hears about this!

Nah, he's alright.

Though, this could be entirely possible.

Even Leave is considering it.

But, uh, someone's dancing too much to really listen to him.

Oop, he called the meeting to order.

Well, that's not entirely accurate, but go on.

Oh, he's giving us directions!

What the hell could he have hidden there?

: We might as well see what's at this Crescent Mountain of his.

Gau moonwalks back to Leave. Seriously.

: We leave you behind!

: I told you before... My name is NOT "Mr. Thou"!

And now, we get a rundown of how Gau works in battle. He's unique, and pretty gimmicky.

: 1. Choose Leap, a command that only appears when you are on the Veldt. 2. Keep fighting on the Veldt, and eventually, Gau will reappear. 3. When he reappears, he will have learned the attacks of the monsters you were fighting when he leapt, as well as those you were fighting when he returned! 4. Choose Rage to have Gau use any of the attacks he has learned. And now, please continue your quest.

I'll go over Rage in more detail in the next update, but that's the gist of it. It can be extremely broken and powerful, depending on how you use it.

Gau possesses naturally high stats, especially raw Attack power, since he can't equip weapons.

And what the hell, I had this stuff sitting around, so he gets it.

Anyways, before we can continue to the Serpent Trench, I need you guys to BOLD a vote for what we start calling Gau! You'll get a couple of days to get your votes in, so vote fast, and vote hard, and stay tuned!

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.
And now for a namevote that's just completely loving random and I'm not sure why I thought of this but hey.

Reptar for the kid.

Disregard this, I changed my vote in a later post.

SMaster777 fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 3, 2016

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
It's depressing, but I am compelled to vote for the anagram.
Agu

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mogwi

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

This, please.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

SMaster777 posted:

And now for a namevote that's just completely loving random and I'm not sure why I thought of this but hey.

Reptar for the kid.

My vote is this as well.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

He should have been the Bowser, but failing that...
Nugent He's a wild hunter who... let's just say has a particular disease.... a fever, if you will, that is appropriate for the Motorcity Madman.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.

Agreed.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Well, he's not quite Bowser material, but maybe Junior?

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

:golfclap:

that's a vote for this

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Mowgli

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
I'm cool with Mogwi. Let's just not feed him after midnight, okay?

I'll say more about the Veldt and the kid's gimmick ability at a later time.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

SMaster777 posted:

Reptar for the kid.

Reptar is the only true answer here

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Mowgli. Haven't seen the latest version of that story yet, though; I heard it was pretty good.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

AweStriker posted:

Mowgli. Haven't seen the latest version of that story yet, though; I heard it was pretty good.

You know what, I'm changing my vote to this. Jungle Book was the first movie I ever saw. Good memories.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Yes, this I spelled it wrong the first time. Though Mogwai would work too for Gremlins.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Mogwi, though Reptar is a close second.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Mowgli

Regarding the soldier: in pretty much every conflict there are going to be a relative handful of people who find their spiritual homes among the ranks of the conquerors.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Mowgli will almost certainly win, but my vote is Roy because I'm a terrible person.

Edit: Irwin is probably a funnier option.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Voting for Mowgli on this one.

Albelnoxyesthatone
Jul 22, 2014
I vote Irwin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InwardChaos
Oct 21, 2010

Before the beginning of great brilliance, there must be chaos.
Well... I was gonna suggest Tarzan, but it looks like there is already a really strong support for Mogwi.

• Locked thread