Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

That's right, folks! We're back with another traditional RPG, another one from Square (back when they were known as Squaresoft), and another SNES RPG. This time, I'll be doing Final Fantasy VI, which was originally released in the US as Final Fantasy III, but received an updated version on the GBA, much like Final Fantasy IV did. There's an updated translation here, too, if you were wondering.

We're sticking with screenshots, as I'm still afraid of change, with videos for boss battles, a few .gifs here and there, and I'll be covering the entire game, all the way up to all the added bonus content. It's a level above the extra stuff in Chrono Trigger, and about on par of that which was added to Final Fantasy IV Advance, but you might think differently, and we'll be sure to cover it so you can form an opinion.

Hasn't this been done to death?

Well, vanilla FF3 has been done to death, but FF6A hasn't had a ton of coverage. There's an alright LP of it in the Archive, SSLP format, if you'd rather read that, but I realized that when I get this added to the Archive, there will be six LPs of FF6, and I feel if I don't let that come to fruition, then I'm doing the world an injustice.

There's an assload of characters, right?

Hell yes there are. There are fourteen playable characters, and that's another reason why I'm looking forward to doing this. See, I love it when we get to rename characters, and each and every person that can have their name changed, will! And it'll be up to you guys to determine their names. Our first vote for a name change will come at the end of the first update!

What's your spoiler policy here?

If we haven't seen it in the LP, don't talk about it. Period. I don't want to see any spoiler tags talking about future events, I don't want to see any of that wink wink, nudge nudge crap where you're dropping spoilers while acting coy about it; I don't want anything spoiled for people who haven't played the game before. There's going to be a few people reading this thread who haven't played the game and know nothing about it, and I'd like to keep them surprised as we go through the story.

Update Schedule?

Eh, probably more often than not. I've some sort of LP'ing related neurosis, so I update far too often for my own good. Then again, my wife will be giving birth soon, so maybe I'll start to update like a reasonable person. Or maybe I won't. We'll just have to see! I'll announce when I update on Twitter, and I don't tweet about much else, so don't worry about me spamming your feed with silly poo poo.

With all that said, let's get started.

Update One: The Mysterious Girl
Update Two: The "Treasure Hunter"
Update Three: The Semantics!
Update Four: More Screenshots Than Grains Of Sand
Update Five: Son Of A Submariner!
Update Six: This Is The Last One For A While, I Swear
Update Seven: Ain't No Mountain High Enough
Update Eight: Many Bothans Gave Their Lives For Her To Be Here
Update Nine: Seafood Soup!
Update Ten: Clothes Really Do Make The Man
Update Eleven: Aren't You A Little Short To Be An LP'er?
Update Twelve: Rapid Raft Rides To Ridiculous Rinky-Dink Resolutions
Update Thirteen: A New Companion!
Update Fourteen: Monsters Come In Many Forms
Update Fifteen: Imperial Camp Hoedown
Update Sixteen: Ridin' On That Long Black Train
Update Seventeen: Dark Hollow
Update Eighteen: High Plains Drifter
Update Nineteen: Jack Meets A Hooker
Update Twenty: Did You Forget About Party Switching?
Update Twenty One: Backstory Ahoy!
Update Twenty Two: Get Jidoor
Update Twenty Three: A Wretched Hive Of Scum And Villainy
Update Twenty Four: Nothin' But Words
Update Twenty Five: Not Quite Our Forte
Update Twenty Six: Mystery! Music! Intrigue! One Of Those Is In This Update!
Update Twenty Seven: To New Lands
Update Twenty Eight: This Update Brought To You By A Calm-ish Baby
Update Twenty Nine: This Is What Factories Sound Like In My Mind
Update Thirty: Highway To The Danger Zone
Update Thirty One: Square: "I Don't Know Nothin' 'Bout Birthin' No Babies!"
Update Thirty Two: A Slam-Dancin' Update
Update Thirty Three: Oh, Crap, Do I Remember How To Do This?
Update Thirty Four: The Sealed Gate
Update Thirty Five: Give Me The Beat Boys
Update Thirty Six: Nathan Is A loving Idiot
Update Thirty Seven: Twin Peaks Secret Keeping, This Town Is Not
Update Thirty Eight: This Girl Was On Fire
Update Thirty Nine: How Many Video Game Mountains Have I Climbed?
Update Forty: Pour One For The Homies
Update Forty One: Honorable General Leo
Update Forty Two: Top Gun
Update Forty Three: A Living Weapon
Update Forty Four: The End Of The World As We Know It
Update Forty Five: Maybe It's Not Completely Ended
Update Forty Six: A Light In The Darkness
Update Forty Seven: Mobliz, Mo' Problems
Update Forty Eight: Disguise Isn't Who He Says He Is
Update Forty Nine: Tangled Tentacle Throwdown
Update Fifty: Tomb Of The Unknown Gambler
Update Fifty One: Opening The Ruined World
Update Fifty Two: Bah Humbug, Bah Humbaba
Update Fifty Three: Resident Evil: Operation Jidoor
Update Fifty Four: Are You Not Entertained
Update Fifty Five: Gotta Get Back, Jack's Coming Back, Samurai Jack
Update Fifty Six: Kupopo!!
Update Fifty Seven: Frozen Wasteland Warzone
Update Fifty Eight: The Lair Of The Yeti
Update Fifty Nine: I'd Love Some Flavor Aid!
Update Sixty: Welcome To The Wonderful Triangle Isle

Chapter 1: Narshe Nincompoops
Chapter 2: Figaro Fools
Chapter 3: Koltz Klutzes
Chapter 4: Lethe Lummoxes
Chapter 5: Figaro Freaks
Chapter 6: Doma Dummies
Chapter 7: Phantom Forest Pfatheads
Chapter 8: Zozo Zsuckers
Chapter 9: Vector Villains
Chapter 10: Magitek Monstrosities
Chapter 11: Magitek Monstrosities
Chapter 12: Floating Foes
Chapter 13: Ruined Rabble Rousers

Lakitu Alphonsa's Missed Monsters
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight

Yapping Eevee Bonus FF XIV Boss Fight Video!

Yapping Eevee posted:

Since I've been playing FFXIV a bunch lately, :ducksiren:I recorded the fight for you folks.:ducksiren: It features very familiar music too... Oh, and pardon the one Steam notification at three minutes in. Something happened that required me to use this take. :ssh:

I was going to commentate this with Leave, but as you all know, he's been busy lately. To summarise what would have likely been said: Eight-person fights are a bit visually cluster-fucky, especially with a low camera angle. Typhon is the real threat as always, but Ultros brings back some familiar moves. The quest that this fight is part of manages to work in just about all of Ultros' memorable lines in one way or another.

Leave fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Update One: The Mysterious Girl

Howdy, folks, and welcome! I don't have much to say here, other than we're starting Final Fantasy VI Advance, so let's roll.

We don't have any options here, so we're just going to start a new game.

And we're thrown right into a story.

A story of the fall of the world, of the destruction of a golden age.

Final Fantasy VI is a bit of a steampunk world; a lot of their technology runs on steam power, as well as the usual general medieval level of tech.

There exists a man who wishes to bring back magic power, to return the world to a golden age, one ruled by him, controlled by his use of magic.

Would you have told us all of that if they weren't?

You might be wondering what the hell those guys are walking around in. It's called Magitek Armor, and while wearing it, the user can mimic the effects of magic and use it for offensive purposes.

Biggs and Wedge, soldiers of the Empire, accompany the girl. If you couldn't tell by her unique sprite, she's the one we care about in this scene.

And, yeah, their names are references to Star Wars, as Biggs and Wedge tend to be in Final Fantasy games.

But where's Porkins? Why does nobody care about him?

That's as good an answer as any, I s'pose.

Oh, yeah, the girl back there? She's kind of a big deal.

Just how big of a deal?

A big enough deal that she roasted fifty dudes wearing that kind of armor in three minutes. Hell yes that would make my skin crawl.

But she's wearing some sort of control device, so these two don't have to worry about hitting the KFC in the sky.

Though, that seems a little excessive. C'mon, guys, trust her with the basics.

With that, Biggs, Wedge and the girl roll out, into one of the most badass things ever put on the SNES. Or GBA, as is the case here.

Seriously, check that poo poo out. It's majestic.

Credits will roll during that, but we'll get to those at the end of the game.

They arrive in the town of Narshe, a quiet mining town dusted with snow.

It's good to know we have orders not to annihilate the random people in the town.

But before we go too much further ahead, let's check out our party.

To the left of their names are their job classes; they won't change, but they'll give you an idea about their skills and abilities. The girl is a Magitek Elite, which means she's pretty badass while in Magitek Armor.

Most of these stats are self-explanatory; Strength helps to determine physical damage, Speed is how fast your turn comes in battle, but Stamina is kind of odd. It determines resistance to Death attacks, as well as how much HP is healed from the Regen spell (which we won't be seeing for a looooong time), as well as how much damage is taken from status ailments like Poison or Sap. Magic determines your effectiveness with Magic spells and abilities that are magical in nature, while Attack determines your damage and Defense determines how much you get damaged. Magic Defense is like Defense, but for magic attacks, while the two evasion stats determine your percent change of dodging either physical or magic attacks.

At the moment, all she's really good at is Magic, which is okay by me.

Biggs and Wedge have identical stats, but you'll notice that they don't have the same Magic command that the girl does. She's naturally gifted with magic, an attribute that is extremely rare in this world.

Also, I'm not a fan of the default blue, and there are plenty of other window patterns to pick from.

This is my favorite one, and the one I'll probably be using for most of the game. If not the entire thing.

Though, if you're lucky, I'll roll through a few updates with...Whatever the hell this is. I'll do a few updates with the Chicken Nightmare.

At the moment, there isn't much to do beyond going forward, so let's do that.

We don't get very far before we're stopped by a pair of guards.

As is to be expected in most forms of fiction, the Empire is bad, and anything you can describe as Imperial is also bad.

They charge our party, so let's get ready for a fight!

We get a bit of an odd transition for battles, but I kind of like it.

This game uses the ATB system that a lot of other Final Fantasy games do, where you can watch a bar fill up to a character's turn, but there's an option here to change it to display HP instead of that.

What do you guys think? Do you like the display of their current/max HP, or would you rather see the ATB bars? I'm good with either one, but I think I prefer the ATB bars.

There's not a whole lot to look at here right now, but each of our characters has access to the Magitek and Item menus.

For Biggs and Wedge, their Magitek menu contains these four basic attacks; they're elemental attacks, except for Heal Force, which acts as a Cure spell.

This is Thunder Beam in action. It's a very strong Thunder elemental attack, which I think I just mentioned.

Any of those attacks are going to completely wreck the enemies we'll be encountering here. This is more of a glorified cutscene/battle tutorial than anything else.

As for this big menu here, this is what the girl has access to in her Magitek menu. Bio Blast is a Poison element attack that hits the entire enemy party, while Banisher is an instant death attack; Confuser confuses the enemy party and the Magitek Missile is a loving missile. It's by far the strongest attack we have access to at the moment.

The girl doesn't get a chance to act here, as Biggs and Wedge blow away the guards.

After battle, we earn EXP, which are experience points. When we gain a certain amount, a character will gain a level, which increases their HP/MP and their stats. We can also receive items from defeated enemies, as well as Gil, which is our currency and is needed to purchase items.

Biggs and Wedge both gain levels from this fight.

Potions are the bottom of the healing items, which will restore an entire 50 HP to a single target.

And we get a small amount of cash.

...Wait, that's all basic poo poo. Why did I explain that?

Jeesh. I feel like I just insulted you guys. I'm sorry.

Oh, poo poo, dogs! They look mean!

Oh, gently caress, they're actually wolves!

This is Bio Blast in action; the girl blasts a cloud of poo gas at the enemies.

Which does a bunch of damage, and is more than enough to end any encounter here with no problems.

We also pick up 60 gil, and now I'm wondering where a wolf keeps his wallet.

After dispatching their pets, the guards decide to attack us. I'm not sure why they didn't join the wolves in their attack, but hey, I'm no expert on battle tactics.

The girl pulls a Samus and fires a missile at some poor bastard.

The girl's missiles are our strongest attack at the moment, and it earns extra badass points for being a missile.

And Wedge freezes the last guy to death.

Moving forward, we're accosted by more wolves.

And a couple more guards!

I'm not sure what happened to the other guard, but I don't blame him for running the hell away. Or for taking the other wolf with him.

We're in a pincer attack, which means that an enemy can attack our backside, as the guard is doing to the girl.

It's hard to see, but she was hit for 12 damage, which was doubled, since it was from behind.

Banisher will...Steal their soul? I'm not sure what it's supposed to be doing exactly, but it can instantly kill an enemy.

And here's Healing Force in action.

It heals far more HP than needed.

If not for me doing this LP, I wouldn't have used this here.

The girl activates some sort of sonic blast that targets the enemy party. But since we're in a pincer attack, only one side of the enemy party can be targeted at a time.

You might think we just flipped him around, which we did; that denotes that an enemy is confused, which means they'll attack and use their skills on friendly targets, as well as themselves.

At least, until Biggs blindsides him with a freezing ice beam.

After that fight, the girl gains a level. Sure, her name is displayed as ??????, but there's no way in hell I'm typing that out each time to refer to her.

We move onto the next screen, where the Narshe mines are located.

Before we can get into the mines, though, we have some more guards to dispatch.

Some guards and their, uh, companions.

Their mammothish companions, at that. I'm not sure what the hell that's supposed to be, but it kind of looks like a bear with tusks, and that's terrifying.

In her magic menu, the girl has access to Fire and Cure. Fire is the basic fire element spell, while Cure is the basic healing spell.

When using an offensive spell, the caster will light up with an orange aura.

She then proceeds to light the enemies on fire. Spells can be single or multi-targeted, but some spells are single-target only, while some spells will always multi-target.

Multi-target spells will spread the damage across the chosen targets, and this applies to healing magic as well.

But never mind that when you can fire a missile into someone's navel.

And just like that, we've arrived at the Narshe mines. Let's go find us an esper!

Wait, what the hell is an esper?

I swear, if we find some grey-skinned psychic children, I'm going to be so mad.

Inside the mine, I manage to obscure the girl's head behind some rocks, as I take excellent screenshots and can't be convinced otherwise.

That sparkle spot is a save point.

A strange light fills the air.

Nah, I got this, but thanks, though. At a save point, we can save our game (dur), but we can also use a Tent to fully restore the party's HP/MP, or a Sleeping Bag, to restore a single character's HP/MP.

But, we don't have either of those, so we'll press forward after saving our game.

Straight into a gate. Good thing we've got access to magic laser beams and high explosives.

Instead of using the on-board armaments, Biggs just smashes his face into the gate to break it down.

Oh, yeah, the girl's ponytail will swish back and forth as she walks along. It's kind of neat.

Uh-oh; we're not on the list and this guy won't let us past the velvet rope.

C'mon, I've already killed most of the guys that were supposed to guard the town.

Oh, hell, he's siccing a Russian on us!

...That's not Ivan Drago!

Seriously. I don't think calling a creature a "..." is a good way to identify it. I don't even know how to pronounce that.

Oh, yeah, sure, that clears it all up.

:jerkbag:

A living lightning rod. That's pretty metal.

And it just wanders around with a giant organic battery on its back. That's also metal.

And in comes Biggs, seeming like he couldn't give less of a poo poo.

What's the worst that could happen?

...Megavolt? I don't like the sound of that.

When you strike the shell, Ymir retaliates with a Thunder attack that hits the entire party.

That's a lot more damage than anything else has been able to inflict on us thus far.

The strategy here is to pound the head as hard as you can. You can end the battle by defeating either part, but the Shell has far more HP than the head, with 50,000, as opposed to 1,500. You'll also eat a Megavolt counter each time, which could lead to your rear end being killed if you've queued up attacks incorrectly.

Because, y'know, it's an enemy with a shell, so of course it can retreat into it.

Thankfully, it won't recover any HP while in there, but any attacks directed at the head will automatically switch to the shell when the head retreats.

...Yeah, I timed that poorly.

Which nearly wiped out my party. I don't have any Phoenix Downs at the moment, which restore life, so it's up to Biggs and Wedge to finish the battle.

Also, Thunder affects it just as well as Fire and Ice do. And since I think Thunder Beam looks the coolest of the elemental beams, it's what I use to take him out.

In addition to a basic physical attack (that deals around 10 damage), he can also use Slime.

It inflicts Slow on whoever it hits, as shown by the white outline around Wedge. It makes their ATB bar crawl along and drags this fight out significantly. Especially since he Slowed Biggs right after this.

But, after a few minutes, we wear him down enough to finish him off.

Magitek Missiles are the best way to go about this fight, since they'll do around 400 damage a shot, which will end this fight much, much quicker.

After the fight, we earn a Hi-Potion, which heals 250 HP.

This looks like the chamber we want.

I guess that looks like some sort of otherworldly creature, but I'm no expert.

Oh, crap, it started to glow.

What the hell is that thing?

...I think its waking up.

Uh, what'cha doin'?

That probably isn't good.

Holy crap, Wedge is dead!

He literally just blinks out of existence.

Biggs' fate won't be any different.

However, the girl seems unaffected by the loss of Biggs and Wedge.

:stare:

:staredog:

:ohdear:

Our screen fades to black, but we're not done quite yet. Just a little bit more.

We come to the girl, asleep, while a man enters her room.

She couldn't have been sleeping that hard. She got up pretty quickly when the guy approached.

The crown? Oh, must be the control device.

Her headache is represented by everything going all mosaic. Come to think of it, that's a pretty good representation of a killer headache.

The old man goes over and grabs what must be the crown that was on her head.

Jesus Christ. That sort of thing is always really hosed up to me.

The girl is suffering from amnesia, another common Final Fantasy plot point.

Hopefully, she doesn't remember the part where she torched fifty dudes.

But, for now, let's learn her name and pick out a new one.

We have six spaces to work with. You can use any of the letters here, so BOLD your vote for what we call Terra, and I'll see you all next time!

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Never enough FF6 lps. My favorite in the series.

Gonna suggest Carone for the name. It's what I used my very first time through the game.

Also, gotta see the ATB. It looks weird if you don't.

Weeble fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jul 30, 2016

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.
Stick with ATB bars. FF6 without seeing them feels weird.

As for Terra's name... I'll be stunned if this wins, but you know what, let's go with something a bit simplistic here for my vote: Rin

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
ATB bars.

Also she's clearly the Porkins of the initial group since you brought it up :colbert:

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Ah, the second serious RPG I played (original FF was the first) and enjoyed. I never got into this version before, sorry to say. Never bought a GBA. The dialogue is different than the SNES version I played- some things better, some later will undoubtedly be worse. Way things go. Looking forward to the LP.

I vote Rin too, what the hey. :)

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013
I'm gonna say... Stefani.
And I didn't see the character limit. Dang it, need another reference. Um... I guess I'll just vote for Tina then, I dunno.

Edvarius fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jul 30, 2016

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

No name suggestions, just hopping in to the discussion here to point out again that we are limited to 6 characters.

After some further thought, Stefan would be a mildly amusing name for her.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Okay, so for some reason every time I tried to play FFVI or watch an LP of it I got burned out at some point, not sure why. I seem to like FFIV better.

But usually you manage to keep things entertaining, so consider it a challenge to keep me hooked all the way through.

In any case, doesn't this game have really good music? In that case, please add music links (or get one of your slaves volunteer friends to check your updates and add them in for you).

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Edvarius posted:

I guess I'll just vote for Tina

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
Keep it Terra. Simple is best.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I'll vote for Tina.

quote:

Oh, hell, he's siccing a Russian on us!
:eng101: "Ymir" is actually a Scandinavian name, referring to the primordial jotun whose corpse became the world after he was killed by Odin and his brothers.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Default for all the names

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh yay ground floor on FF6. I never got to finish my crappy Psx copy back in the day. I've missed out as far as I've been told.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
?????? :v:

Calamitous_Justice
Feb 21, 2011
Her name is very nearly perfect - in fact it can be perfected by changing just one letter.

Terry.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Rin

I have to play with this version some time. gently caress that ugly Steam port.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Voting for Terra.

These other choices are all terrible. (Except for Tina, which also works.)

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Terra, unless Tina has more by the end of the voting period, then switch to that.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

:same:

quote:

I have to play with this version some time. gently caress that ugly Steam port.

This version doesn't look all that hot either, imo. It still has the same graphical style but the color palette is so much lighter it just kind of ruins the moody atmosphere the game tends to go for. Fortunately that issue can be rectified if you're emulating since there's a patch that darkens rhe palette to be like the SNES version.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

RareAcumen posted:

Default for all the names

Agreed. :colbert:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tina because she's a strong, smart, sensual woman

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Oh yay! Another Leave LP!

Jeff sounds like a good name for this green haired lass.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Terror Because she's a literal terror to her enemies.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Woke up for work this morning, and saw a notification that this LP was up. I was very happy!

Also, don't worry about Biggs & Wedge. They're alive and well. The light sent them to the world of Final Fantasy Brave Exvius. No, really, that's how the game explains them being in it.

Here's what they look like there:
Biggs 1★ & 2★

Wedge 1★ & 2★

And as a bonus, Terra in her Magitech Armor is also in the game:
Terra Magitech Armor 3★ & 4★

Unless someone else beats me to it, I'll post Terra's look from Final Fantasy Pictlogica later.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Note: Anything that can't hit a 5* rarity in Brave Exvius is fundamentally trash and should not be bothered with if you have a full team.

Note Note: Even if they can hit 5*s, they are not necessarily worth your time (See: Duane (FFBE))

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

EponymousMrYar posted:

ATB bars.

Also she's clearly the Porkins of the initial group since you brought it up :colbert:

Porkins clearly

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

As promised, here's the Pictlogica version of Terra.

Also, the first :TerraToot: wasn't recognizable at default size, so I made it larger. It's OK. -ish.

Using her portrait seems to have worked out better.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Default names aside from the token Bowser, but that's not Terra.

And to think, just randomly decided to reread the "lets break FFVI" lp.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jul 31, 2016

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Terra or Rin Jeff

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Casting another vote for all default names :colbert:

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

All default. I've never experienced FF6 before (haven't played it and haven't bothered reading any of the archived LP's of it) but I do know it's supposed to be somewhat serious. I'd rather it not be ruined by giving all the characters stupid names (like naming our female caster Jeff or our heavily armored guy Sherry or something).

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Terra

Don't mess with perfection :colbert:

mauman fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 31, 2016

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I'm a terrible, terrible person so if you're allowed to, I say we name every single character Steve

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Let's go with Default Names

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Put the ATB bars in, I think it looks better that way. Please don't use the chicken menus. It's so awful and it makes me feel like the NO FUN ALLOWED robot whenever they do it at AGDQ. I refuse to say anything about it there since it's for charity, but here I feel safe being a lil bitch.

Default Names because that's the best to me. I love FFVI a lot. It's one of the FFs that I not only beat, but did all of the optional super stuff. Great game, happy to see it LP'd.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Terra

I'd vote for default names for all but then we'd lock ourselves out of naming someone Bowser. I'm not certain we should name anyone Bowser but we also shouldn't limit our options just yet.

Trump Card
Jun 25, 2008

HEY GUYS
Terra only because you can't name her TERROR BALTIMORE

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

ArchWizard posted:

Terra

I'd vote for default names for all but then we'd lock ourselves out of naming someone Bowser. I'm not certain we should name anyone Bowser but we also shouldn't limit our options just yet.

Honestly, I'm of the opinion that votes for all default should be considered votes for Terra only, since that's too much of a blanket vote.

Wait for the actual votes as far as I'm concerned

Plus it'll make tallying the votes a nightmare if Leaves has to keep track of who and when voted as such.

mauman fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

ArchWizard posted:

Terra

I edited mine in case Leave chooses to interpret default as blanket. There's one character that should be Bowser, Terra isn't the one (though she is a fire wielding terror)

• Locked thread