Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Travis343 posted:

It's cool how radiation, when administered via spider venom, gives you superpowers, yet the same radiation administered via jizz will kill you. Lowkey slut shaming from Marvel Comics.

And if administered by you eating it turns you into a sentient swarm of nazi spiders!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
What's the rule on spoilers for fairly popular comics that recently came out?

Spoilering anyway just in case, but this is from Deadpool #17 where Deadpool has had a really bad day and comes home to his wife Shiklah and...

This is funny in that dry, dark comedy way that everyone likes whenever Deadpool gets poo poo on.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Wade Wilson posted:

What's the rule on spoilers for fairly popular comics that recently came out?

:smith:

I don't read anything new until it comes out in TPB.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
The whole Deadpool/Shiklah saga is just :smith:-incarnate. Especially if you take the 2099 deadpool book as canon, in which case Deadpool's daughter with Shiklah captures and tortures Wade over something he did to Shiklah, driving him insane and unable to even remember what the gently caress he did, just that he hosed everything up.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Man Deadpool is the definition of trying to hard.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SilverSupernova posted:

Was this before or after he had to get a note from Barak Obama in order to use a plane as Spider-Man without having to show ID?
It's just the best Spider-man there is. :allears:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Ghostlight posted:

It's just the best Spider-man there is. :allears:

I appreciate that in the comic strip Spider-Man universe, Barak Obama has changed the flag to be Red, White and Black.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Only way that last panel could be better is if Obama was saying "Ain't I a stinker?"

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Now I am sad the rest of the week wasn't j. Jonah being all Bill O'Reilly over this

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Never forget that once he gets on the airplane and goes to his seat, this happens

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I like the idea that Spider-Man's greatest foe is not any of the super-powered evil scientists out to kill him, but a smart-assed kid that belittles him while he's trapped in an adjoining seat.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oh god that thought balloon. :allears:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

To be fair, kids got a point.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Because Spidey was a moron and when his Avenger membership test was 'Capture Bruce Banner/the Hulk' he thought it was because they wanted to lock him up instead of helping him, and never bothered confirm this one way or another.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Discendo Vox posted:

I appreciate that in the comic strip Spider-Man universe, Barak Obama has changed the flag to be Red, White and Black.

How do you know that's not just what the American flag looks like in Newspaper Spider-Verse?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Fantastic Four #7

gently caress off Doctor Doom, I'm trying to hang out with my dolphin buddies

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Supergirl #77

Its kind of dark, but I get a big kick out of Silver Age Kara constantly loving up in Post-Crisis Metropolis

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Roth posted:

gently caress off Doctor Doom, I'm trying to hang out with my dolphin buddies

Hague War Crimes Tribunal: Well Prince Namor, you invaded the Soveriegn Nation of Latveria and did hundreds of millions of dollars in property damage.... but we find your actions justified.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

nerdman42 posted:

Supergirl #77

Its kind of dark, but I get a big kick out of Silver Age Kara constantly loving up in Post-Crisis Metropolis

This is bullshit because everyone knows kryptonian x-ray vision is just a form of clairvoyance and doesn't actually involve x-rays! Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They need to make a new superman comic where a past superman with all of his silver age powers is thrown into the present.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Does that include the Mini Supes launching from his hand thing

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They need to make a new superman comic where a past superman with all of his silver age powers is thrown into the present.

Superboy Prime loving sucks, though

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Call Grant Morrison now!

dordreff posted:

Superboy Prime loving sucks, though

Yeah, but worth it for "I'll kill you to DEATH!!!"

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Superboy Prime shouldn't be evil anymore since Convergence ended with everyone going back in time and stopping the Crisis, right?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I know it's not a panel but there's this shot from Thor's Civil War Vacation.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

He's just saying "shhk-chakk" isn't he?
(because there's no pump action)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think he's closing the break-back after loading it with something that kills werewolves. What exactly that is, I'm not sure. That thing looks like a grenade launcher

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

goatface posted:

I think he's closing the break-back after loading it with something that kills werewolves. What exactly that is, I'm not sure. That thing looks like a grenade launcher

I would not be surprised to find out Deadpool's display pieces are already loaded.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

prefect posted:

I would not be surprised to find out Deadpool's display pieces are already loaded.

This is probably the case. There's no visible ammunition, so he's just checking to make sure the gun's still loaded before firing.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOL5UF5WSX4

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

nerdman42 posted:

Supergirl #77

that doctor isn't very professionally dressed

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

WAR FOOT posted:

that doctor isn't very professionally dressed

Comic artists' idea of how all women dress, no matter what age or walk of life, involves a lot of halter tops, visible bras, and thigh highs

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The male gaze is loving strong on that page beyond the Doctor dressed up like an extra on the movie "Clueless." Even if you discount all the barbie figures with skirts framed conspicuously in a crowd of bystanders, he makes sure to get a cleavage shot in a panel where Doctor Clueless is examining a dying woman, and you can't even see Clueless' eyes.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Does anyone have the panels where some of the Avengers (Tony or Spider-Man, I forget) find some goofy comic drawings Captain America has been working on, and laugh at it?

Then they realize he overheard the whole thing and is pissed?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they were an old comic he published, actually

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think that was in Avenging Spider-man.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
here it is http://imgur.com/a/QwRke

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Haha! The joke is that cap has PTSD! Hilarious!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I and the rest of the Avengers feel like a dick now.

Edit: Wow, he really punched the poo poo out of that actor playing Hitler. Goddamn.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
His super-serum enhanced hands could never hold the pencil in quite the right way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The weird thing is that Cap was the in-universe penciller for the Captain America comic book for a while in the '80s. It was when he was dating Bernie Rosenthal.