Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Kimsemus, BobFromMarketing and DBRB walked into a thread....

and then the mods closed it and handed out infractions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.
DBRB did nuffink rong

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

MorsAnima posted:

DBRB did nuffink rong

except every single 5-hour long "shoot structures with bombers" op

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

Landsknecht posted:

except every single 5-hour long "shoot structures with bombers" op

I went on one of those once. Once. He lied to me, Landsknecht, he lied to me straight to my online-persona's face. The ping said it wasn't a 'pos shot' and he said it wasn't a 'pos shot'. Who would do that, Landsknecht, who would just lie on the internet?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wasn't watching it live but congrats to Sunber on his Theomachy run on Saturday.

Final five contestants (Sunber being one of them) fighting to the end - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ede5edh1Nyw

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

someone bought it for me :shrug:

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
The last dbrb fleet I went on he gave us garmurs with no points, claimed he would be able to point everything by himself, and then screamed at the fleet when stuff got away

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
My first DBRB experience was:

Adorable newbie: "FC, should I fit a web and a scram on my frigate?"
DBRB: "Why are you bothering me with your fitting? I don't care!"

[15 minutes later, fleet has left already]

DBRB: "Hey does anyone have both a web and a scram?"

:allears:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Does anyone recognise this guy:

It says we dubbed him a white knight. How weird.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

VideoGames posted:

he is a white knight, a really bad one though so ignore his self-important ramblings

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Considering anti pirate is basically the equivalent of saying "I do nothing" I can see why he'd think that we'd call his random dribble white knighting.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

this, but copy the last frame like 500 more times

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

this, but copy the last frame like 500 more times

So, like pirate corps who only wardec?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
mostly they whore on poo poo you can shoot in highsec without getting concorded

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

https://zkillboard.com/character/95729852/

This is what an anti-gankers killboard looks like, minus all the freighter duels :ssh:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ynglaur posted:

So, like pirate corps who only wardec?

They don't do anything. They whore on already getting concorded people which is the equivalent of spitting while taking a shower to make the tub wet.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

VideoGames posted:

How the gently caress does a played NRDS in a NPC corp ? :colbert:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

They don't do anything. They whore on already getting concorded people which is the equivalent of spitting while taking a shower to make the tub wet.

Who told you my secrets? :tinfoil:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
To be fair, I whore onto every stupid loss I can when possible. Kbs green

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

I wasn't watching it live but congrats to Sunber on his Theomachy run on Saturday.

Final five contestants (Sunber being one of them) fighting to the end - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ede5edh1Nyw

Thanks, didn't expect to make it as far as I did but yeah it went pretty well :v:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In Waffles I had a specially fit Maulus that would just whore damp on killmails during a gatecamp. I'd only really use it if I was lazy that month and didn't get on 30 kills and felt like annoying the Euros who just spent all day camping the highsec gate.

Sunber posted:

Thanks, didn't expect to make it as far as I did but yeah it went pretty well :v:

I tuned in for part of it. It's a cool idea on paper but in execution it's pretty lacking. They need to cut it from 4 hours to like 1 hour max. It's too long of an event to watch/pay attention especially with EVE.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
I did my first highsec incursion with TVP last night, despite all the stuff you hear about incursion runners it was pretty chill and everyone was patient with my newbie derps. Biggest issue was just information management since it was like a foreign language at times, although the only real consequence was that I got out of position a few times (to the annoyance of my cap buddy but no harm done).

Made 120m in an hour-ish (plus LP I guess?) which will keep me in T1 frigates and Slicers for a while. The wait list seems like it will be a pain until I get T2 guns trained and can afford some bling to move up the list though.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

I tuned in for part of it. It's a cool idea on paper but in execution it's pretty lacking. They need to cut it from 4 hours to like 1 hour max. It's too long of an event to watch/pay attention especially with EVE.

It was fairly long, I have a feeling that a bunch of people got podded going afk for 1-2 mins because of the duration as the refs/hunters seemed to have a hard-on for anyone more than 150k away from the beacons even though the arena was supposed to be out to 250k as I was teleported onto by ISD cambions fairly often

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Can't read it till my birthday. Dammit :(

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Oodles posted:

happy almost birthday

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Oodles posted:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did Hulkageddon have its own website or am I misremembering things?

Edit - Nevermind, found it buried in the google search.

https://hulkageddon.wordpress.com/about/

Wonder if there'd be any interest in setting this sort of thing up again.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Aug 31, 2016

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Unfunny Poster posted:

Did Hulkageddon have its own website or am I misremembering things?

Edit - Nevermind, found it buried in the google search.

https://hulkageddon.wordpress.com/about/

Wonder if there'd be any interest in setting this sort of thing up again.

I'd hope so, that was always a hilarious time.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll probably poke some of the CODE guys, and maybe Globby about if its feasible or not.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

hardly anyone flies hulks anymore, and skiffs need like 20 dudes to gank.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Dev Blog is up. Eve going tree to play (kind of). Get your army of T1 logi alts ready.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
gently caress it. Just resubbed, mostly because I could use something like 3 million (free? they were just there) skill points to make my main a miner, and when it goes live use one of these FTP characters to haul my minerals for me. "Where am I, what do all these buttons do, where is all my stuff?"

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Ynglaur posted:

Dev Blog is up. Eve going tree to play (kind of). Get your army of T1 logi alts ready.

so wait i can just train a fuckton of thrasher alts and blow missioners up?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Landsknecht posted:

so wait i can just train a fuckton of thrasher alts and blow missioners up?

They'll likely restrict the number of logins. Someone mentioned they do this today to prevent trial account spam.

Still, I plan on having alts in lots of regions to serve as scouts.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Ynglaur posted:

They'll likely restrict the number of logins. Someone mentioned they do this today to prevent trial account spam.

Still, I plan on having alts in lots of regions to serve as scouts.

even if im just allowed 1 alpha+my normal accts I'll still make cheepo RSB/logi alts for lowsec camping

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
i'd be incredibly surprised if it didn't copy the trial account restriction (ie can't have a trial and a subbed account logged in at the same time)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hardly anyone flies hulks anymore, and skiffs need like 20 dudes to gank.

Yeah that makes sense. The general idea was to not limit it to a single miner ship, but to include all mining vessels in 0.5 and higher as part of the competition using final blows as the metric to determine who gets the point for the kill.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

bonewitch posted:

i'd be incredibly surprised if it didn't copy the trial account restriction (ie can't have a trial and a subbed account logged in at the same time)

Kind of pedantic, but I'm pretty sure you can have a trial account and a non- trial account logged in at the same time. What you can't do is have 2 trial accounts. Unless they've changed it in the last few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

pseudanonymous posted:

Kind of pedantic, but I'm pretty sure you can have a trial account and a non- trial account logged in at the same time. What you can't do is have 2 trial accounts. Unless they've changed it in the last few months.

you cannot have a trial account logged in while you have another account logged in period, whether it's subbed or not.

this has been the case for years.

• Locked thread