Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The goal of the box was never to STOP the Federation. It was to bank on the federation's fear of another OYW/mass colony uprising. The Federation would probably win again but even a "lesser' OYW would be disastrous for everyone. Remember that the last 'small' Neo-Zeon uprising was almost successful on ramming an asteroid in Earth if they hadn't been stopped by literal magic bullshit.

Unlike the colonies, the Earthnoids have all their eggs in one basket and extremist Zeons have shown they are willing and perhaps even consider themselves morally justified to attack Earth. Char's "we need to force people off Earth to create Newtypes" thing for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ImpAtom posted:

The goal of the box was never to STOP the Federation. It was to bank on the federation's fear of another OYW/mass colony uprising. The Federation would probably win again but even a "lesser' OYW would be disastrous for everyone. Remember that the last 'small' Neo-Zeon uprising was almost successful on ramming an asteroid in Earth if they hadn't been stopped by literal magic bullshit.

Unlike the colonies, the Earthnoids have all their eggs in one basket and extremist Zeons have shown they are willing and perhaps even consider themselves morally justified to attack Earth. Char's "we need to force people off Earth to create Newtypes" thing for example.

To the point where fear of another war either results in an atrocity like destroying Industrial 7 to prevent another war from breaking out, or cowing to Neo Zeon's demands and getting a 50/50 chance of either starving economically, or rebuilding their infrastructure. Mineva even mentions that Frontal's plan could backfire and jumpstart the Federation's earth based production.

What I'm more curious about is the other colonies and how they would react. I mean, most of the casualties caused by Zeon were colonists during the gas attacks. So most of the colonists by UC 96 would be earthborn and then moved into space when the sides were reorganized. I'd be curious to see what their opinions on their new Zeon overlords would be.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I think my favorite little thing about the Origin redesigns is the vulcans in the arms some of the suits now have and guns in the Gundam's shoulders. I don't know why but I have a soft spot for peashooters.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Peashooter nothing a GM shreds tanks with it. It's FMP! levels of giant machine guns wrecking poo poo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Artum posted:

Peashooter nothing a GM shreds tanks with it. It's FMP! levels of giant machine guns wrecking poo poo.

What is a relatively small calibre for an MS is still probably comparable to the ammo of a battle tank's main gun.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What is a relatively small calibre for an MS is still probably comparable to the ammo of a battle tank's main gun.

f91-shell-casing-bounce.gifv

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The shoulder Vulcans on the origin zaku 2 sure shred those saverfish fighters in the ova.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The Gundam has 60mm head vulcans. 57mm autocannons are common light anti-armour weapons today - they're mounted on infantry fighting vehicles, small naval vessels, and anti-aircraft batteries. Not great against main battle tanks, but the added rate of fire might help with that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am 31 episodes into Gundam Seed and I loving hate it

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Baal posted:

I am 31 episodes into Gundam Seed and I loving hate it

it's ok to stop

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't stop

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Baal posted:

I don't stop

Goood. Give in to your anger. Let the salt flow through you.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
SEED sucks but you're close enough to rau's wild ride you may as well keep going.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Writhe in agony! Suffer! Enjoy the ride. :D

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
River is a super good ed tho

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
SEED is okay. It's nothing special but by Gundam standards it's nothing especially painful either.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

SEED is okay. It's nothing special but by Gundam standards it's nothing especially painful either.

Except for the aesthetics, which are awful in a fairly unique way.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Pureauthor posted:

I find it mediocre on every level. Which is better than garbage, sure, but isn't good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Garbage has at least the possibility of being entertainingly bad, mediocre is just mediocre.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The soundtrack's good. And Dub Rau is glorious.

Everything else is the very definition of 'meh'.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

MonsieurChoc posted:

Lacus Clyne is the best gundam villain.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

My Turn A DVD's finally came in today and I forgot how much I loved the character design in Turn A.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The GIG posted:

My Turn A DVD's finally came in today and I forgot how much I loved the character design in Turn A.

Who did the character design on that show?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Wiki says Akira Yasuda and Yoshihito Hishinuma

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

MonsieurChoc posted:

I still say the freedom and the strike gundam own.

The Blitz and the Duel are also cool.

Also:

Baal posted:

River is a super good ed tho

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Logicblade posted:

Lacus Clyne is the best gundam villain.

Indeed.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so like, I'm super late but that Gundam otome game idea really needs to happen

it's not even like it'd be super hard to make in Ren'Py

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Which mobile suit would you go out with?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

I'm genuinely surprised there isn't a official one already. Considering how many "cute and troubled" boys are in this franchise you'd think there'd be a couple of them.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm surprised and slightly pissed none of the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games are on STEAM yet. Even a Saint Seiya game is on there now. Whhhhhhhhy!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The GIG posted:

I'm genuinely surprised there isn't a official one already. Considering how many "cute and troubled" boys are in this franchise you'd think there'd be a couple of them.

Probably because the biggest female fanbase is Japanese housewives.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SeanBeansShako posted:

The Dom, obviously.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

Nether Gundam.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

SeanBeansShako posted:

Zudah

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Master Gundam

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
WaDOM

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Penelope.

Wait, poo poo, this is an otome game.

Then I vote for the Nightingale. :dong:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Tallgeese

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Bandai for what ever reason is deathly afraid of putting any gundam on steam, to the point of creating a knock off gundam vs game based off nordic gods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Tae posted:

Bandai for what ever reason is deathly afraid of putting any gundam on steam, to the point of creating a knock off gundam vs game based off nordic gods.

Oh god do it Bandai. I have money. Just do it! please!