Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FIRST TIME posted:

Husain Abdullah got fined but I don't think Tebow ever did? :confused:

He got flagged not fined, and the NFL said they screwed up afterwards and it shouldn't have been called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Kirios posted:

It's disappointing that Americans can get so upset over something so trivial. We are the kings of blowing things hilariously out of proportion. It's almost as if people are looking to be outraged over something.

The best is the outrage about people's outrage.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

cravius posted:

The best is the outrage about people's outrage.

how dare you

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Once again miko hits the nail on the head

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Miko is obsessed with me

https://twitter.com/iheartmiko/status/770491790558433280

https://twitter.com/iheartmiko/status/770585605860429824

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
wish she tweeted at me

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/smot55/status/770588444502421504

https://twitter.com/iheartmiko/status/770588534856097792

lol

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I imagine life with Miko is 10% fantasy and 90% terror.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/iHeartMiko/status/770595387979755521

https://twitter.com/iHeartMiko/status/770595661867839488

https://twitter.com/iHeartMiko/status/770595893573718017

fair

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/b1ackschefter/status/769687104477548545

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
When miko is the sound of reason :stare:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
drat give Miko an account already

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Not carrying a knife, not a real Niners fan. What is this fake poo poo?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Metapod posted:

When miko is the sound of reason :stare:

Finally, a prominent voice speaks to the 9/11 genocide theory.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Call me when a good player doesn't care about the national anthem

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Good job saluting a burning jersey instead of the flag during the anthem you moron.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Drew Brees posted:

It's an oxymoron that you're sitting down, disrespecting that flag that has given you the freedom to speak out.
Drew "Guantanamo Bay is a vacation resort" Brees

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
That looks like one of those cheap $10 t-shirt jersey things. If you're going to make a spectacle out of it, at least make it Limited-level of jersey.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

kaepernick's been retweeting jacobin articles too so i'm gonna come down on the side of: kaepernick is cool and i want him to burn a drat flag on field

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
N: EDP Stands beside Kaepernick

V: EDP kinda stands beside everyone...because....you know.....hes fat :effort:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sam bradford lmao posted:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

So if I understand Brees, he would be fine with Kaep standing up and giving the finger mid-anthem

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Kaep wont make it to next season though

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

CyberPingu posted:

lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CyberPingu posted:

Problem solved!

Also Michael Tanier posted a long article about how he was a public school teacher who was forced to make kids stand for the pledge by NJ law and that the NFL could do positive things with this, but won't, because they're the NFL.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Facebook deleted my pro-Kaepernick post because it didn't meet their community standards. A post from a coworker telling Kaepernick to die is still up.

If you don't like it you can get out of MY country, Facebook.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
It's OK, Colin Kaepernick will really be able to up his 'sitting during things' game all season long

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Spoeank posted:

Facebook deleted my pro-Kaepernick post because it didn't meet their community standards.
Hahaha are you serious? That's horseshit. What the gently caress are their "community standards"?

I'm about to make a pro-Kaep post on Facebook. Will report results

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Voodoo posted:

That looks like one of those cheap $10 t-shirt jersey things. If you're going to make a spectacle out of it, at least make it Limited-level of jersey.

Well it's a Kaep one so it probably came off the clearance rack for like $2

Also I'm really starting to hate the term "slacktivisim". Like you're not allowed to have an opinion unless you're spending the equivalent of a full time job doing rallies and poo poo

"Colin I think you'll find your opinion is rendered invalid unless you give up your NFL career and use your body as a human shield for the many 11 year old black children being fired upon"

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

was facebook shook by those accusations of liberal bias

also

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/770641467199090689
https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/770641993080897536

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
It's just another way to dismiss conversation about change from the status quo in the same vein of talking down actual activism/protest as "pointless, since it's not going to change anyone's mind."

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I despise Chip Kelly at a deep fundamental level that is probably legitimately unhealthy but like that he doesn't give a gently caress about Kaep's anthem stuff.

Help me TFF.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Intruder posted:

Well it's a Kaep one so it probably came off the clearance rack for like $2

Also I'm really starting to hate the term "slacktivisim". Like you're not allowed to have an opinion unless you're spending the equivalent of a full time job doing rallies and poo poo

"Colin I think you'll find your opinion is rendered invalid unless you give up your NFL career and use your body as a human shield for the many 11 year old black children being fired upon"

I agree in general, but in this case why can't he spend the equivalent of a full time job being an activist? It's not like he has anything else to do this football season.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The less shown of Rams-49ers the better

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I agree in general, but in this case why can't he spend the equivalent of a full time job being an activist? It's not like he has anything else to do this football season.

He probably could, but not doing so doesn't render his point invalid

It's an easy to way to brush off someone's point without having to actually address it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

didn't he claim they eat like 6000 calories a day and were allowed to mock and yell at and spit on the guards

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
^^^don't know about the treatment of the guards but I do remember him saying that they ate very well

I'm just happy that Trent Dilfer won't be part of the broadcast team

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

don't know about the treatment of the guards but I do remember him saying that they ate very well

Having all your food force fed is pretty luxurious.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Intruder posted:

It's an easy to way to brush off someone's point without having to actually address it

welcome to debate in the age of internet

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

^^^don't know about the treatment of the guards but I do remember him saying that they ate very well

Drew Brees posted:

And you just talk to all the guards that are Army and Navy personnel, they'll tell you stories about how these prisoners, they'll be walking the cell blocks as they're keeping an eye on these guys and they'll be throwing their feces and urine in the faces of the guards as they walk by, and the guards are not allowed to do anything. They're not allowed to physically retaliate or do anything hardly to try to restrain these guys at all. These guys get away with whatever they want.

e:

Drew Brees posted:

They are being treated probably ten times better than any prisoner in a U.S. prison. They're on a 6,500 calorie-a-day diet whereas a normal U.S. prisoner is on a 2,000 calorie-a-day diet

6500 calories per day. That is loving insanity. idk about football players, but I know basketball players who've said they eat 5000 calories per day while training for/during the season. the only conclusion I can come to if they're feeding literal prisoners 6500 calories per day is that they're fattening them up to eat them.

indigi fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My thoughts and prayers are with the 49ers organization at this time.

• Locked thread