Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't understand why people get upset when they get something they think might have been hacked

who cares, how does it affect you at all

Breeding Pokemon for perfect IVs is really satisfying when you finally get the perfect one. Any wins with that Pokemon/Team come from my hard work which is a bonus on top of winning.

Being reminded that something I enjoy is a complete waste of time isn't a good feeling and I might as well not even play the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Can't you just take a hacked Pokemon and get a theoretically clean egg out of it?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that's called laundering and it's illegal

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
The Pokemon sage Pokemon actually look like real Pokemon.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The Sage designs are really good, the Fire Starter is my favorite

Yesterday in Pokemon X Nuzlocke I got a Roselia and it was super cool and powerful until I encountered an Inkay and it proceeded to one-shot Roselia. RIP.
I caught that Inkay. He's pretty cool, Swagger & Foul Play is what murdered Roselia....

Then I encountered an Axew and it murdered Inkay. Caught that Axew.

So uhh i got a Axew yesterday. He's cool I guess.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
That Axew is a murderer and you should put it in jail. (Inkay got the easy way out)

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
The dragons in Sage are all great. I love Ragnarow.

http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/Ragnarow

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
How rare are EV reset bags? I don't think I've ever come across one.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Fellblade posted:

Breeding Pokemon for perfect IVs is really satisfying when you finally get the perfect one. Any wins with that Pokemon/Team come from my hard work which is a bonus on top of winning.

Being reminded that something I enjoy is a complete waste of time isn't a good feeling and I might as well not even play the game.

That's loving retarded if your ability to enjoy something hinges on such a fragile presupposition.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

QuasiQuack posted:

That Axew is a murderer and you should put it in jail. (Inkay got the easy way out)

He's ben put in the front until he makes up for killing Inkay or dies trying.

New Pokes after my lunch break are Helioptile and Solrock which is okay.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

HoneyBoy posted:

That's loving retarded if your ability to enjoy something hinges on such a fragile presupposition.

The best part about that is Sun/Moon making GBS threads on that with Bottlecaps.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

They show up way more often for fully-trained pokemon. I think they mostly come from hitting the empty bag.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I mean they're one of the rarest bags, but not so much that you won't get one from tapping the screen for 10 minutes or so

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Ah, I rarely ever leave a fully EV trained guy on super training screen and I never tap the screen, so it's probably that. TY!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is pokerus still a thing

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

How do Deerling/Sawbuck colors work outside Gen5? If I send an Autumn coated one to a Gen6 game, will it also change its color once winter starts?

Also, I'm currently replaying Black2 trying to use monsters I hadn't used before and... is Woobat supposed to be this lovely? Poor idiot dies just by getting looked at. Tried slapping a Soothe bell in order to evolve it ASAP, but it has a hard time just metabolizing for five straight minutes. :(

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There's no seasons in gen 6. Deerling and Sawsbuck retain whatever season they had when they were transferred and can pass it on through breeding. All wild Deerling and Sawsbuck in gen 6 will be permanently Spring.

Monk E
May 19, 2009

Pentaro posted:

Is Woobat supposed to be this lovely? Poor idiot dies just by getting looked at. Tried slapping a Soothe bell in order to evolve it ASAP, but it has a hard time just metabolizing for five straight minutes. :(
Woobat and Swoobat seem like their balanced around their really good hidden ability as opposed to their awful regular ones.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i have a female deerling of every season in a heal/nest/repeat/premier ball respectively if anyone wants one

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Is a trick room sandstorm triples team a good idea y/n. I like throwing things at the battle maison.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

oddium posted:

i have a female deerling of every season in a heal/nest/repeat/premier ball respectively if anyone wants one

I did this too, in those exact balls I think. It took awhile, and I had to start over at one point because I accidentally left a Deerling in my party when I the season changed over. :doh:

Sawsbuck is cool and pretty and good and my friend. I used one in White2 named Murdeer.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

HoneyBoy posted:

Thanks for that.

It's like playing an FPS where I enjoy the gameplay but everybody is aim-botting and wall hacking except me.

I'd much rather IVs didn't exist then it would be a non issue since they are functionally irrelevant outside of maybe trick room and the speed IV.

Rudoku posted:

The best part about that is Sun/Moon making GBS threads on that with Bottlecaps.

I don't think it poo poo's on it at all, in fact it makes it better as you can now in theory get legendary Pokemon without spending weeks reseting. I can't wait to be able to compete without having to hack the game or play showdown.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
That's a stupid analogy. Aimbotting and wallhacking are deliberately making the game do something it's not supposed to so you achieve things not originally intended. The game turns in their favor as they alter the gameplay to work in their advantage.

If someone generates a competitive Pokemon all they did was take a shortcut to end up at the same finish line you did. They have no advantage over you other than they didn't spend hours doing it.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

IVs are dumb and bad and I am glad sun/moon is going to make them pretty much irrelevant.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Fellblade posted:

Thanks for that.

It's like playing an FPS where I enjoy the gameplay but everybody is aim-botting and wall hacking except me.

As someone who enjoys breeding pokes and had a terrifying "Living Pokedex of Perfect Pokémon" eugenics program let me just say your opinion is as stupid as the analogy you just made.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Fellblade posted:

I'd much rather IVs didn't exist then it would be a non issue since they are functionally irrelevant outside of maybe trick room and the speed IV.

hidden powers?

also minimum attack for foul play

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 30, 2016

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Zoness posted:

hidden powers?

and confusion self hits

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Zoness posted:

hidden powers?

And gyro ballers.

Also they're still good at doing then thing they were made to do which ensure Sally's Pikachu is unique and different from Billy's pikachu.

Please remember this is a game for babies and not at bitter old competitive players such as myself

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
also to adjust your defenses for genesect's download

although genesect inevitably gets banished to ubers every generation so this will only matter for like the month up to its suspect test.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

HoneyBoy posted:

That's a stupid analogy. Aimbotting and wallhacking are deliberately making the game do something it's not supposed to so you achieve things not originally intended. The game turns in their favor as they alter the gameplay to work in their advantage.

If someone generates a competitive Pokemon all they did was take a shortcut to end up at the same finish line you did. They have no advantage over you other than they didn't spend hours doing it.

I agree it's not the best analogy, but in principle they took the shortcut to being at the top of the game as opposed to spending the time doing it.

Being able to instantly get any Pokemon you want with full perfect stats and egg moves instantly at any time gives you a massive unintended advantage in learning, practicing and competing over somebody who might spend a week building a team the intended way.

I'm not saying people shouldn't hack Pokemon like the morality police, I'm saying you have to if you want to play the game competitively which sucks because why is it even in the game if that's the case. The whole VGC thing seemingly blowing up is great but in the current gen (even with it's massive breeding improvements) it's impossible to realistically compete without hacking.

Summary: Hacked stuff is annoying because you shouldn't need to do it.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I enjoyed breeding my full box of pokemon and while I dislike that people will hack the game, pokemon bred from 6iv dittos do not offend me.

I would much rather have more people with legit good pokemon to play against. There's no fun in beating someone who just uses a suboptimal set or suboptimal speed IVs and is guaranteed to lose every speed tie.

Granted most of the sets I use are suboptimal because I am bad at ou and doubles and I always try to use some pokemon on my teams (although afaik latias is in a good place atm?).

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Fellblade posted:

I agree it's not the best analogy, but in principle they took the shortcut to being at the top of the game as opposed to spending the time doing it.

Being able to instantly get any Pokemon you want with full perfect stats and egg moves instantly at any time gives you a massive unintended advantage in learning, practicing and competing over somebody who might spend a week building a team the intended way.

I'm not saying people shouldn't hack Pokemon like the morality police, I'm saying you have to if you want to play the game competitively which sucks because why is it even in the game if that's the case. The whole VGC thing seemingly blowing up is great but in the current gen (even with it's massive breeding improvements) it's impossible to realistically compete without hacking..

Except you can jump on showdown right now and have a team done in a minute. And there's tons and tons and tons of theory crafting about comp teams online.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Honestly showdown feels like a much more fun interface for battling than the game, but the game is more fun for the game parts of the game.

I like having both available.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Zoness posted:

Honestly showdown feels like a much more fun interface for battling than the game, but the game is more fun for the game parts of the game.

I like having both available.

Yeah Showdown to learn and practice and cartridge for raising and playing is kind of the dream situation

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
New Sun & Moon info (probably) on Thursday:

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/770622171358064645

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I just hate it when I get a hacked one that is flagrantly impossible to get legitimately, like a gen 6 pokemon in a Dream Ball or a Mewtwo caught on Route 2 or something. That's just lazy!

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah Showdown to learn and practice and cartridge for raising and playing is kind of the dream situation

Surely the dream is a game where you can do both?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
So what do we know about these mysterious bottle cap things so far?

Because I'm excited to no longer have to work super hard to get max IVs on things.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

DACK FAYDEN posted:

So what do we know about these mysterious bottle cap things so far?

Because I'm excited to no longer have to work super hard to get max IVs on things.

Magearna comes holding one.

Also there are two types, Silver boosts one IV to max and Gold boosts all.

That's it I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it takes like three generations and 10 minutes to get a 5iv monster from a 6iv ditto