Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Schrodingers cat posted:

And I guess if you're into Fate and Senran Kagura, you can be excited for Fate/Extella and its 3 combat trailers.
I am actually really loving stoked for Extella.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RanKizama posted:

Still two servants left to reveal, if my math is right. I wonder who they'd go for. Considering how popular she is and the fact that she was in Fate/Extra, Ryougi is probably going to happen, but iunno who else. Gilles? Diarmuid?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Two more barring any surprise extras they could possibly drop on us. I'd say an FGO rep is gonna be something they absolutely want so Shielder and an Avenger, so maybe Angra or if I'm lucky, Edmond.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just hope it turns out that someone other than Koei or Capcom can do a good Musou style game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I just hope it turns out that someone other than Koei or Capcom can do a good Musou style game.
it looks pretty alright from what i've seen. at the very least it seems to dodge the two big problems of musou knockoffs, too few enemies and too many gaps between combat.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Sakurazuka posted:

Isn't Excella being done by the same folks at Marvelous that did SK?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Baal posted:

Two more barring any surprise extras they could possibly drop on us. I'd say an FGO rep is gonna be something they absolutely want so Shielder and an Avenger, so maybe Angra or if I'm lucky, Edmond.
put enkidu in and release him in f/go at the same time as the game comes out

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RanKizama posted:

It's the people who do the Versus games, so they at least are a team that is familiar and can build from prior knowledge and tbh the game looks like a more traditional warriors game and not just SK Versus again.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RanKizama posted:

No it's being done in house by Marvellous, Tamsoft have nothing to do with it, as far as I'm aware.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

Still two servants left to reveal, if my math is right. I wonder who they'd go for. Considering how popular she is and the fact that she was in Fate/Extra, Ryougi is probably going to happen, but iunno who else. Gilles? Diarmuid?

Gag option of Arceuid.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Arcueid's not even a gag option since she was an actual servant in Extra and they have pulled quite a few from there and only have the one Berserker

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

not to mention it'd be cross promotion for the tsukihime remake :lol:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I watched that video where Nero fights Tamamo, and the kill and combo counters got extremely high from what looked to be basic combos. The force feedback seems to be pretty good in that regard, but everything looked extremely simple. Extella seems like a fanservice game where you pick your favorite Fate Extra or Fate GO character and just mash Square until the credits roll, which I think is just alright.

e: If Arc is announced, I will preorder it immediately.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Baal posted:

Shielder would be fine. JAlter would be seriously cool if they add a Ruler/Avenger class.

Endorph posted:

As long as they add Scathach I'll be fine. So fun to 1-shot bosses on FGO and a few levels of NP+

RanKizama posted:

I loved Fate/Extra so I'm very happy they're localizing Extella.

Arc would be super fun too, so many good options!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they should put primate murder in the game

reason: his name, is primate murder

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I think the cast of Melty Blood would have worked better for this kind of game. Imagine taking Ciel's 7HS and blasting mobs like Nouhime in Sengoku Basara, powering up to Warcueid and unloading on groups like an infinite-Berserker Barrage Wolverine, or opening up Nrvnqsr Chaos's coat and running over people with demon deer. Hell, Len/White Len could work similarly to Himiko in Warriors Orochi.

The cast of Tsukihime owns.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I think there's other branches too like the Aozaki in Mahoutsukai no Yoru. They have the potential for a ridiculously large cast in such games.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Takoluka posted:

I think the cast of Melty Blood would have worked better for this kind of game. Imagine taking Ciel's 7HS and blasting mobs like Nouhime in Sengoku Basara, powering up to Warcueid and unloading on groups like an infinite-Berserker Barrage Wolverine, or opening up Nrvnqsr Chaos's coat and running over people with demon deer. Hell, Len/White Len could work similarly to Himiko in Warriors Orochi.

The cast of Tsukihime owns.

The main appeal of this game is that it's a bunch of characters who haven't been playable in an action game before, though. The melty blood cast were, well, in melty blood, so the appeal isn't as strong there.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Yeah, but most Fate characters are really bad now. Like, I'm so excited to play as a cast of Saberfaces and some girls who have less effort put into their design than the most boring of Kancolles.

e: Also, there was Fate/unlimited codes, which wasn't very good but was pretty fun!

de: also also Fate Tiger Colosseum, but maybe that doesn't really count.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Takoluka posted:

Yeah, but most Fate characters are really bad now. Like, I'm so excited to play as a cast of Saberfaces and some girls who have less effort put into their design than the most boring of Kancolles.

e: Also, there was Fate/unlimited codes, which wasn't very good but was pretty fun!

de: also also Fate Tiger Colosseum, but maybe that doesn't really count.

Isn't there just Nero and Artoria in Extella that have the saber face? That's not really a lot compared to all the ones that exist (Alter, Bride, etc..)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Takoluka posted:

there's nero and arturia, and nero si the best type-moon character

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I just can't get over Nero's goddamn ridiculous transparent skirt front. It's not even that it is goofy fanserivce or whatever it just looks ugly as hell.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Wait, it's a Musou game but with Fate? Will add it to the pile of things I am interested in then.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Schrodingers cat posted:

Isn't there just Nero and Artoria in Extella that have the saber face? That's not really a lot compared to all the ones that exist (Alter, Bride, etc..)

Endorph posted:

there's nero and arturia, and nero si the best type-moon character

You know there will be DLC, but yeah, that's true that there's only two, which is one too many. Also, Nero's design is really dumb, because someone thought "Man, she should also wear a dress but you can see the panties from the front."

Also, the best TM character is Riesbyfe, and I will fight you to the death over it.

e: hi5 impatom

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like nero's dumb skirt because it's tacky, stupid, weirdly sexual but not in a really appealing way, and is trying way too hard. which all describe nero to a T. it's good character design.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Takoluka posted:

You know there will be DLC, but yeah, that's true that there's only two, which is one too many. Also, Nero's design is really dumb, because someone thought "Man, she should also wear a dress but you can see the panties from the front."

Also, the best TM character is Riesbyfe, and I will fight you to the death over it.

e: hi5 impatom

DLC is quite likely if the game sells well (or even day 1 :v: ) but still, more characters is always nice, even if they look like each other. Hopefully they take a bunch from FGO because they have a lot of very nice ones.

ImpAtom posted:

I just can't get over Nero's goddamn ridiculous transparent skirt front. It's not even that it is goofy fanserivce or whatever it just looks ugly as hell.

It's a weird design choice, and is 100% fanservice for sure, but it works very well with how flamboyant and extravagant Nero Claudius was. That's also pretty mild for someone related to Caligula :p

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Aug 30, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

best kara no kyoukai character: touko
best tsukihime character: SHIKI
best melty character: ries
best f/sn character: sakura
best f/e character: nero
best f/go character i havent read the translations of this

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Endorph posted:

they should put primate murder in the game

reason: his name, is primate murder

More like harambe am I right guys hahaha

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

Anyone who says otherwise hasn't read/seen Heaven's Feel.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Endorph posted:

best kara no kyoukai character: touko
best tsukihime character: SHIKI
best melty character: ries
best f/e character: nero
best f/go character i havent read the translations of this

the rightest post in this thread.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

They should add edison because I find it hilarious that Fates Edison is a big ol robot lion:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I kinda liked Sion..

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

MisterAlex posted:

I honestly have no interest in doing so. And I say this as someone who's played plenty of unauthorized copies of games in the past. Nowadays, I'm fine with waiting until I've got the money for games I want. I'm not a jobless college bum anymore.

Yeah likewise. At this point, it is more effort for me to try to pirate a game than it is for me to simply purchase it outright.

Hace posted:

More like harambe am I right guys hahaha

Haha take penises outside for harambe amirite

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Morpheus posted:

Yeah likewise. At this point, it is more effort for me to try to pirate a game than it is for me to simply purchase it outright.

Haha take penises outside for harambe amirite

Don't put your penises inside harambe to begin with....

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Morpheus posted:

The Vita process is at least 3 hours to actually play a game. First getting the file (through your own dumps or :filez:,) transfering the game over FTP, then the installer taking half an hour to complete. I can go to Gamestop, get a Chipolte burrito at lunch time, eat in, and still beat that timer. It's really only in competition over the PSN download speeds.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, PC piracy is a huge deal because it's pretty simple once a game is cracked. You torrent it, you mount the cd image, you install it. Vita piracy is so cumbersome that I can't imagine it biting too badly into sales. Obviously it's a concern but I don't think it'll be the death of an empire.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dehry posted:

The Vita process is at least 3 hours to actually play a game. First getting the file (through your own dumps or :filez:,) transfering the game over FTP, then the installer taking half an hour to complete. I can go to Gamestop, get a Chipolte burrito at lunch time, eat in, and still beat that timer. It's really only in competition over the PSN download speeds.

Your gamestop has vita games?

Endorph posted:

Yeah, PC piracy is a huge deal because it's pretty simple once a game is cracked. You torrent it, you mount the cd image, you install it. Vita piracy is so cumbersome that I can't imagine it biting too badly into sales. Obviously it's a concern but I don't think it'll be the death of an empire.

It's not that much harder on the vita. You torrent the game, use FTP to transfer it to vita and install it. The FTP part just takes a while. You can also manually transfer the :filez: to your Vita using QCMA if you want to do it faster.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 30, 2016

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Dehry posted:

Yeah, but you're not counting the bathroom time after the Chipotle so checkmate

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
When you're only selling 10,000 copies of a game at retail, every sale counts. The digtial only and dubbed games(through an undub release) are going to be the hardest hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Yeah, but you're not counting the bathroom time after the Chipotle so checkmate

Well I mean you've got a shiny new Vita game and are back home by the time that hits so you're ready for any sort of gastrointestinal distress.