Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

gonadic io posted:

Mind you, I'm still really hoping that one of the corrupted essences gives "chaos damage can't bypass energy shield" to a kind of item.

that would be worth several EX, if they have this I bet it's 50% of chaos damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone have a high lightning high negative fire and cold but good iir/iiq ventors gamble?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

ButtWolf posted:

Anyone have a high lightning high negative fire and cold but good iir/iiq ventors gamble?

I've got the exact opposite of this. Lmk how much you'll pay for it.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Man friday can't come soon enough. Haven't played in a while and im buzzing again. Feel a contagion + ED will be fun to start with.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

regulargonzalez posted:

I've got the exact opposite of this. Lmk how much you'll pay for it.

Dammit. 1 scroll.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I've been thinking of trying an ED Trickster build next league, I'm gonna wait and see what the patch notes are though before asking if it's any good. I've been looking at this build for it, but I'm kinda worried it'll be sub-par once the patch notes are out (curses are already getting weakened so that tricurse set-up isn't looking so hot, though chances are I wouldn't get a Veil for quite a while anyway, and I've seen lots of speculation that Poison double-dipping is gonna get fixed too which seems like it'd hurt any build using Consuming Dark a fair bit IF it ends up being the case).

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Carrier posted:

Man friday can't come soon enough. Haven't played in a while and im buzzing again. Feel a contagion + ED will be fun to start with.

Apparently I suck at builds. What would you change about my ED theory build?

It looks really similar to the one just posted.

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 30, 2016

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Waiting for patch notes to drop so we can furiously theorycraft stupid-rear end builds is the worst.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

theshim posted:

Waiting for patch notes to drop so we can furiously theorycraft stupid-rear end builds is the worst.

Agreed, except replace stupid-rear end builds with "what is the laziest build I can make so I only have to click one active skill or better yet none". Probably going to go with Summon Zombie + Knockback / Raging Spirits + Knockback again, I remember that being loving hilarious to watch enemies get bullied right off the screen.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Think I'm just gonna give in and do bf trapper barring any significant nerfs come tomorrow

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Lungboy posted:

Saying that, can anyone recommend a self cast juggernaut discharge build?

This is what I tried in prophecy, dont remember what I died to. I used flame surge to supplement the single target damage.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...-vZfMABBsZdpN3V

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Ice Spear Burn Prolif Inquisitor:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...ZNVS_IdYeImlfnd

The plan is to hit monsters once to ignite, then hit again to take full advantage of the damage increases from Instruments of Virtue, Righteous Providence, and Celestial Punishment.
First hit applies a proliferating ignite, second hit applies a much stronger ignite.
Going to have to get a Realmshaper/Realmender, though. They were rolling prophecy into the core game, right?

Bluemillion fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Aug 30, 2016

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Bluemillion posted:

Going to have to get a Realmshaper/Realmender, though. They were rolling prophecy into the core game, right?

Yep!

Inquisitor doesn't double dip with burns though, as the actual ignite still gets fire res applies to it fully. This is why I prefer the dual ele curse option, as the curse applies to both the initial hit and the damage on the ignite.

I'm going to go for vortex ignite though I'm pretty sure, so it won't be too different.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

gonadic io posted:

Yep!

Inquisitor doesn't double dip with burns though, as the actual ignite still gets fire res applies to it fully. This is why I prefer the dual ele curse option, as the curse applies to both the initial hit and the damage on the ignite.

I'm going to go for vortex ignite though I'm pretty sure, so it won't be too different.

Oh, uh, that kind of sinks the entire build. Back to the ol' drawing board! Maybe triple Poison Stone Golem Guardian?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Patch notes are up.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715873/page/1

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

noice

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Bluemillion posted:

Oh, uh, that kind of sinks the entire build. Back to the ol' drawing board! Maybe triple Poison Stone Golem Guardian?

I mean ice spear ignite didn't seem like a bad concept, just that inquisitor wouldn't be the best option. I'm going vortex burn because the "spell damage affects damage over time" mod applies to the ignite too, which is insane with LL RF.

Unless I wake up tomorrow to find that ignite double-dipping is getting the same treatment that poison will almost certainly get of course.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

More Zana nerfs? Jesus Christ

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

you mothrefuc

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
When do we get the real ones?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Those are the real ones :v:

Seriously though, I'd like them to drop today so because I won't have time to theorycraft after tonight.

theshim
May 1, 2012

"fixed a much more damage"

gently caress it, I'm out, call me for 2.5

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Wishlist:

Voidheart legacy only
No poison double dipping
Reach nerfed/legacy
Cospris nerfed/legacy
Melee skills other than EQ buff
Minor shield charge nerf

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Holyshoot posted:

When do we get the real ones?

Should be tomorrow or maybe tonight, sometimes Chris will throw up a google doc of the WIP notes for people to watch.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

What happens when you let an algorithm write the 2.4.0 patch notes posted:

I ran the patch notes so far for Atlas of Worlds through a Markov Chain text generator and wanted to share its results with you.

This stuff is hilarious.

e. I suppose that's what happens when I open a chain of last read threads from bookmarks and don't refresh this one before posting...

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 30, 2016

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Added four Forsaken Masters rather than four corners.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

definitely real patch notes posted:

Sweep: 15% increased from 100% to just a client crash that an arrow on Melee Hit to get your progression through Path of essence to get your hideout, the way back but on the Bonespire Talisman's effect is determined based on top two essences that involves the strong utility of power level 8, to the purposes of combat should have future plans to gain maximum stages.
This is my favorite

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Bugsy posted:

This is what I tried in prophecy, dont remember what I died to. I used flame surge to supplement the single target damage.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...-vZfMABBsZdpN3V

Thanks, although vvv is too big a risk as i tend to wade in and not check mods/auras.

TheRat posted:

I really really wouldnt play selfcast discharge on HC. The risk of dying to reflect is just too big imo.

Hmm, you might have a point. I might try some sort of ED build, I loved ED/Contagion for levelling my trapper.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

quote:

Bonespire Talisman

gently caress. I'm going to die to this unpurgeable dot again.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Mystery Prize posted:

This is my favorite

Long overdue change

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Mystery Prize posted:

This is my favorite

I'm into this even though I have no idea what it means:

When you unlock a bug where Leap Slam would be self-cast.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Wishlist:

Voidheart legacy only
No poison double dipping
Reach nerfed/legacy
Cospris nerfed/legacy
Melee skills other than EQ buff
Minor shield charge nerf

Based on some key words in the markov'd version, I'm guessing poison is getting nerfed and earthquake's aftershock is getting reduced. Maybe mines/traps as well based on the 'trivializing bosses' part. I'm hoping killing Uber Atziri won't go back to the days when it was just incinerate and hundreds of exalts builds that could run her, and melee gets enough love in general to make up for earthquake and poison's nerfs. Honestly physical melee sort of needed poison to compete with elemental spells, its only really 'problematic' with earthquake and mines, and I'm not even convinced that earthquake/voidheart/poison double dipping was that broken of a build compared to any mine build or good spell builds.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Budgie posted:

gently caress. I'm going to die to this unpurgeable dot again.
Maybe they'll be smart and let bleed flasks clear it now?

Ha ha ha ha ha no :rip:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mince Pieface posted:

Honestly physical melee sort of needed poison to compete with elemental spells,
It really loving didnt.

Mince Pieface posted:

its only really 'problematic' with earthquake and mines
It really loving isnt.

Mince Pieface posted:

and I'm not even convinced that earthquake/voidheart/poison double dipping was that broken of a build compared to any mine build or good spell builds.
They really loving were.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Nah.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

TheRat posted:

It really loving didnt.

It really loving isnt.

They really loving were.

You sound upset

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
First Divinarius, now poison.

You guys are trying to kill rodent, aren't you?

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Mince Pieface posted:

Some very wrong things about voidheart
Voidheart alone made it so you needed to dedicate almost zero passive points to damage, which meant you could be the tankiest piece of poo poo ever and still clear all maps, and itt also let you drop the poison gem for another more multiplier. Sure, the clearspeed isn't as high as some spell builds, but you make up for it by being basically immortal

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The bleed AND poison is what gets me. There's a fair amount of passives that really ramp up damage on the assumption that a reliable bleed is either a serious skill point investment or using an exceptionally rare/expensive item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Vasudus posted:

The bleed AND poison is what gets me. There's a fair amount of passives that really ramp up damage on the assumption that a reliable bleed is either a serious skill point investment or using an exceptionally rare/expensive item.

the best thing about bleed builds is how good Vulnerability is

• Locked thread