Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Yeah having my kids constantly get cancer was a bit :psyduck:. Who knew that medieval Iceland was basically Chernobyl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Is there any way to see, what kind of councillor people turn out to be?

E:

By that I mean, whether a guy will turn out loyalist or malcontent BEFORE I give him the job.

THE BAR fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 30, 2016

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Ah, I see; you just need to go for their traits and opinion, makes sense!

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

THE BAR posted:

Is there any way to see, what kind of councillor people turn out to be?

E:

By that I mean, whether a guy will turn out loyalist or malcontent BEFORE I give him the job.

There's this from the wiki. Mostly what you'll want are people with a high opinion of you or with positive traits.
E: Yes, that. At least I've got a source.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
Can you still get the Necronomicon quest if you have supernatural events turned off?

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
Well I just had the strangest treatment for smallpox ever. My doctor opened all the windows, made me comfortable in bed, told me it was an honor to serve me, then slit his own throat.

Not only did it not help with the smallpox but I'm now a lunatic!

Love this expansion.

E: what should I be looking for in a doctor? Just a high learning Stat? Or do the doctors I get from the event work better then a random church guy with a high stat?

Demon_Corsair fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 30, 2016

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

Hadaka Apron posted:

Can you still get the Necronomicon quest if you have supernatural events turned off?

If I read the event file correct, no you cannot.

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
My immortal duke of saxony was just sacrificed after getting captured during the Aztec invasion :smith:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
LMAO the random eunuch that my previous ruler had gotten into his court (and made regent, because he is awesome!) challenged the new regent, my current ruler's mother into single combat, she said yes (:psyduck: ?!?!??) to the 19 martial, brilliant strategist, Champion duelist veteran of war who singlehandedly pretty much made my previous ruler King and got promptly fuckmurdered. Started playing again for Reaper's Due, I don't know how long that event has existed, but goddamn I forgot how much I love this loving game

EDIT: never mind that explains it, did I mention how incredible this game is (besides the name localization):

I can't even be mad to the awesome eunuch now he's probably all "Man that was just for my honor, I didn't think she'd say yes"

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 30, 2016

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Sometimes all it takes is a homicidal maniac in a kilt.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
this is what you get in an age when couples did not communicate

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Just close your eyes and think of Pomerania.

Gotta continue the bloodline somehow.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

ThaumPenguin posted:

Just close your eyes and think of Pomerania.

Gotta continue the bloodline somehow.

Also my ruler is diligent!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

How do I get my horse a medical license?

(I have the great pox, if that helps)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

waitwhatno posted:

How do I get my horse a medical license?

(I have the great pox, if that helps)

That makes me think of Trump. "I have a pox; I have the greatest pox. Even my HORSE has a medical license."

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

darthbob88 posted:

There's this from the wiki. Mostly what you'll want are people with a high opinion of you or with positive traits.
E: Yes, that. At least I've got a source.

Oh. That'll come in handy, thanks!

Demon_Corsair posted:

Well I just had the strangest treatment for smallpox ever. My doctor opened all the windows, made me comfortable in bed, told me it was an honor to serve me, then slit his own throat.

Not only did it not help with the smallpox but I'm now a lunatic!

Love this expansion.

This expansion is really, really good, and I don't quite get why it's 10 euro, compared to the regular 15.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Darkrenown posted:

Mentioned hotfix is now live BTW.

Another one that can still happen is if you have a female vassal who proposes she should be a councilor because she has the highest skills when the laws won't let you appoint her. Everyone gets a -30 Scandalous Councillor modifier including her. I dunno maybe she shouldn't get that since it was her idea.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Goofballs posted:

Another one that can still happen is if you have a female vassal who proposes she should be a councilor because she has the highest skills when the laws won't let you appoint her. Everyone gets a -30 Scandalous Councillor modifier including her. I dunno maybe she shouldn't get that since it was her idea.

Does she have a positive opinion modifier making up up for it?

That's generally the way that sort of stuff is handled.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

THE BAR posted:

This expansion is really, really good, and I don't quite get why it's 10 euro, compared to the regular 15.

I'd tell you to shut up, but I already bought it.

Not too happy myself. Did my usual Haesteinn start to run with the mechanics. Within three months he was ill and saved only by his physician, and after less than three years he had become Infirm at the age of 46 - something I never recall happening to any character before. It looks like the bullshit slider has been cranked up to Totally loving Stupid and needs to be dialled back a touch.

On the other hand, the assassination button is back!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

My first king survived typhoid only to finally die of old age at 68. Unfortunately his heir is possessed. And also his wife shat herself to death.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

ThaumPenguin posted:

Does she have a positive opinion modifier making up up for it?

That's generally the way that sort of stuff is handled.

I think she might have had accepted advice or something but it was a much smaller positive and might have to do with an event that happened after

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Wow gently caress these courtiers

make up your mind assholes

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Solemn Sloth posted:

stack your council with loyalists, buy favours rather than owing them a favour for council support (they'll just call it in to force a vote grabbing back power in the future), grind their power into dust.

Biggest thing I've found is do not underestimate 'Send Gift', if you can get someone to like you enough they'll turn into a loyalist all on their own and you won't need to deal with favors.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
With Elective Monarchy it should be easy to become head of the Byzantine Empire, and if not I can sit on my the-

:stonk:

This is what happens when you forget your sons primary title is no longer in your lieges realm

SkySteak fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 30, 2016

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Goofballs posted:

I don't think it made the hotfix, so if not come 2.6.2 she'll get an extra large bonus to cancel it out and more. It's way more efficient to give the ruler a reverse hit with everyone even if it can look silly.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Are the penalties working as designed or inverted?

What's the easiest way to have a full court of one-eyed people so that they like each other a bit better?

He looks way too happy. I even forgave him when he butchered my wife with a treatment. She was mad at me but died almost immediately after that.

And this is what happens when you try to get some action when the entire Europe is secluded from the black plague.

- My lord, your best.. er, only options are your cousins, including the one who is 14.

But we did pull through the plague! Being under a regency during the plague is hilarious, because the regents were dying every other month.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
The diseases penalties are correct. When you have a booming trading city people are coming and going all over, bringing filthy germs with them. When everyone is dying from smallpox no one wants to visit so new diseases being brought in is less common.

P.s. Germanic pagans like one-eyed dudes even more, should you want to farm them.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

My first ruler ended up being a cannibal lunatic possessed one-eyed (self inflicted by sacrifice) one-legged one-handed and disfigured serbian pagan (with a pet parrot). This is a good expansion. I can't wait to set all the disease options to max and try to keep my dynasty member count above single digits. :black101:

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Darkrenown posted:

I don't think it made the hotfix, so if not come 2.6.2 she'll get an extra large bonus to cancel it out and more. It's way more efficient to give the ruler a reverse hit with everyone even if it can look silly.

Cancel that, when I shut down the game and reloaded it Scandalous Councillor went away and I got appreciated abilities +45 so whatever hiccup happened went away.

Although right now it seems like everyone else forgot I have a Scandalous Councillor. I'm not sure how long that malus lasts for or if it has a limit. She's still a Councillor though.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 30, 2016

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think I just had the unluckiest son ever. He's my first son, so in line to inherit a kingdom. He comes of age kind of mediocre all around but eh - I don't have any better options. I happen to check on him a few years later and he has a mask - he's in my court and I don't remember getting him treated for anything so I'm wondering what happened - oh, he has leprosy. Well that basically ruins him as an heir since even though he was married he hadn't had any kids yet, and now he's almost definitely not going to. Fortunately I'm Jain so I can just pick my second son as heir instead. Now you'd think that it would be lovely enough to catch leprosy and then lose your inheritance but the game evidentially didn't think so, since a month later I held a spear throwing contest, and got the "whoops, you maimed someone" event - the target being my leper son. Between that and the leprosy he died shortly afterwards, with the cause of death essentially being "fell apart".

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
That spear throwing event needs to be looked at, it seems to target dynasty members and heirs a bit too eagerly.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
My lunatic despot had a hunting dog, and when it died, he erected a 556 gold pyramid in its honour. The county of Aksum has a permanent -4% revolt risk as a result.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Can anyone confirm that religious conversion is working as intended because it seems like it's either way too strong for courtiers or the Emperor is sitting his chaplain on my capital constantly

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Are mercenary revolts for titles more common now? In one game the Irish Band revolted against me for England and I was just able to vassalize half of the HRE because the swiss band revolted and conquered Germany when I barely remember that stuff happening at all before the Reaper's Due.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Note to self: make sure you have the money to send all your armies into England so you don't end up one grand in the hole with thieves and smugglers running wild all over your country :negative:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Buschmaki posted:

Are mercenary revolts for titles more common now? In one game the Irish Band revolted against me for England and I was just able to vassalize half of the HRE because the swiss band revolted and conquered Germany when I barely remember that stuff happening at all before the Reaper's Due.

I think it's just luck of the draw. I've barely seen it happen before Reaper's Due and I've had a few merc bands just leave when I ran out of money rather than turning on me. I have had a merc band join my side after my opponent ran out of money, which is a first for me. I think that's more because the AI never seems to run out of money though, rather than mercs revolting for titles being more common.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Darth Windu posted:

Can anyone confirm that religious conversion is working as intended because it seems like it's either way too strong for courtiers or the Emperor is sitting his chaplain on my capital constantly

It seems really powerful, I think the the reduced conversion speed setting in the game rules was how it was before the patch.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

This is a really good and fun expansion, good job paradox

Still have no idea how to get my horse to treat my diarrhea though. My instincts tell that being a lunatic is the way to go.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

waitwhatno posted:

My instincts tell that being a lunatic is the way to go.

This is generally the correct answer for everything in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Oh, dearie me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread