Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Then please, for all of us, stop posting

trap sprung

Oberst fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Is the patch out?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I had to reset one of the Puzzle Challenges over 10 times. At least 7 of those was from first play fumbles.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Chargers/Colts still available? I bought the game today and ill take either

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Yuzenn posted:

Chargers/Colts still available? I bought the game today and ill take either

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785306&pagenumber=3&perpage=40

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I'm being mean lmao

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Whelp, double post

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 29, 2016

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

jabro posted:

I had to reset one of the Puzzle Challenges over 10 times. At least 7 of those was from first play fumbles.

Yeah the game cheats loving hard on all-madden this year, imo a lot worse than last year.

That one took me like 25 tries or so, and the first all madden challenge of the ultimate season challenges took me 10 or 15. Fumbles and dropped passes galore, and an offensive line that last for about half a second to a 4man rush.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

hopterque posted:

Yeah the game cheats loving hard on all-madden this year, imo a lot worse than last year.

That one took me like 25 tries or so, and the first all madden challenge of the ultimate season challenges took me 10 or 15. Fumbles and dropped passes galore, and an offensive line that last for about half a second to a 4man rush.

Was it the Broncos challenge? I was finally able to beat that one running HB Power out of gun.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
Anyone have any tips for the MUT challenge where your supposed to force a fumble against the raiders? I switch to the player making the tackle and hold R1, but in 2 hours of trying I've only managed to force one fumble which went straight into a Raider players hands.

Dralun
May 22, 2012

HappyHelmet posted:

Anyone have any tips for the MUT challenge where your supposed to force a fumble against the raiders? I switch to the player making the tackle and hold R1, but in 2 hours of trying I've only managed to force one fumble which went straight into a Raider players hands.

Muff a punt. Just move the returner a little bit so it bonks him on the head then dive on it. I've heard that an option pitch that drops also counts for the challenge. It doesn't have to be a Raider that fumbles.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Dralun posted:

Muff a punt. Just move the returner a little bit so it bonks him on the head then dive on it. I've heard that an option pitch that drops also counts for the challenge. It doesn't have to be a Raider that fumbles.

Well the challenge ends as soon as the Raiders lose possession so the option thing wouldn't work. The muffed punt might though. I'll give that a shot thanks.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Have there been any changes to relocation from the last two years?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Epi Lepi posted:

Have there been any changes to relocation from the last two years?

I can only speak to last year, but it seems like it's all the same cities/teams/unis

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011
I'm not sure if it's just everyone is busy playing MUT solo's but their is a surprising lack of discussion about the run/pass play art glitch (where you can see if they are run/pass). I'm fairly certain that most high level players guess run/pass nearly every down. It's a pretty game breaking glitch at this point.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

We talk about it constantly. See the discord

Oberst posted:

Is the patch out?

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

HappyHelmet posted:

Well the challenge ends as soon as the Raiders lose possession so the option thing wouldn't work. The muffed punt might though. I'll give that a shot thanks.

I didn't hear about the muffed punt thing before I got to it so the idea I had was just to bring someone back to stand next to my 60ish overall cornerback returner with no carrying and then celebrate after I caught the punt. On my second try he fumbled and it went right into the hands of the guy I brought back to be his buddy and it counted. So if you have any problems with causing the fumble by having it hit you in the head, give that one a shot.

e: for other solos, I hate playing defense against the CPU so I play punt return/man coverage every play and it works well. You'll get the occasional big play against when some fast receiver on all pro/all madden runs a streak but it works for me in the long run. You also get plays like this sometimes (watch the guy I'm usering) - http://xboxclips.com/scrumptious+ham/1c83afff-1813-4e99-954b-36ff1d6f416c

Iodised QQ fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 30, 2016

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Chocolate posted:

I'm not sure if it's just everyone is busy playing MUT solo's but their is a surprising lack of discussion about the run/pass play art glitch (where you can see if they are run/pass). I'm fairly certain that most high level players guess run/pass nearly every down. It's a pretty game breaking glitch at this point.

It's amazing how much really basic poo poo they can't get right with this game, year after loving year. If anyone had played it for even 10 minutes they'd have noticed this but I'm a big old grouchy grouch for bothering to notice it, let alone post about it.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Menamino posted:

I didn't hear about the muffed punt thing before I got to it so the idea I had was just to bring someone back to stand next to my 60ish overall cornerback returner with no carrying and then celebrate after I caught the punt. On my second try he fumbled and it went right into the hands of the guy I brought back to be his buddy and it counted. So if you have any problems with causing the fumble by having it hit you in the head, give that one a shot.

e: for other solos, I hate playing defense against the CPU so I play punt return/man coverage every play and it works well. You'll get the occasional big play against when some fast receiver on all pro/all madden runs a streak but it works for me in the long run. You also get plays like this sometimes (watch the guy I'm usering) - http://xboxclips.com/scrumptious+ham/1c83afff-1813-4e99-954b-36ff1d6f416c

hahahahaahah no way they didnt fix this?

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
I've noticed myself fumbling a LOT more on all-pro and all madden this year. I know to do posession catches more frequently but in terms of using R1 to protect the ball - how should I be using it most effectively? Do I try and time the R1 brace, do I hold it down, or ??? I'm assuming the game auto braces on pro difficulty.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

It's amazing how much really basic poo poo they can't get right with this game, year after loving year. If anyone had played it for even 10 minutes they'd have noticed this but I'm a big old grouchy grouch for bothering to notice it, let alone post about it.

Its because you act like it's a revelation that no one besides you see or gets, then you post about your favorite trash forums for idiots PYF/games in ACQB

I've literally invited you to come play with us and see why we ignore the poo poo. We have a good bad community

E: have you not seen my posts? I bashed the new game so hard I got a rise out of a former dev. You're so fuggin crazy. Please join we need an eagles player

Oberst fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 30, 2016

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Join the discord.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Menamino posted:

Yeah playing defense totally sucks, but 'Play The Moment' has been a goddamn revelation; you don't have to play like 90% of the garbage plays

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Chocolate posted:

All you have to do is audible right before you snap the ball. After a giving up a few big runs/passes they'll stop doing it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Oberst posted:

Its because you act like it's a revelation that no one besides you see or gets, then you post about your favorite trash forums for idiots PYF/games in ACQB

I've literally invited you to come play with us and see why we ignore the poo poo. We have a good bad community

E: have you not seen my posts? I bashed the new game so hard I got a rise out of a former dev. You're so fuggin crazy. Please join we need an eagles player

I only have a 360. You don't have to take my criticism of the franchise personally either. I'm just amused every year at the same stuff happening.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

I only have a 360. You don't have to take my criticism of the franchise personally either. I'm just amused every year at the same stuff happening.

What have I taken personally? (EVERYTHING THATS WHAT) I literally have been harsher on the franchise than you, and i have actual perspective on what is currently wrong with it since i have played the new game, unlike you. It has improved drastically in terms of gameplay and is still poo poo at the same time everywhere else (GUI, presentation, MUT, QA). I'm not just repeating old criticisms without having played the new game; then running in like this is a revelation that only I can see, and the brainless peons of ACQB are blind to, which is what you do. We all know it will have problems, but there is no choice except to move to the new game if you want to be a part of the goon community or *gulp* play MUT competitively.

I guess I do take a bad forums for idiots user condescending to this sub as a whole as an offense. We know we're poo poo, unlike you, who is totally oblivious to your own shittyness. See your "is their a games thread for madden?" post for clarification

And if saying bad forums are bad is taking something personally then lol

Tl;dr: game is bad, but stfu until you play it and go back to games/pyf, grandpa :corsair:

Oberst fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 31, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Nice meltdown, oberst :smuggo:

Thanks my insane brain, I intend to have one daily until I can play my new game that has been out two weeks, yet is completely unplayable for what I bought it for (multiplayer)

Oberst fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 31, 2016

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
nice meltdown

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Dubious posted:

nice meltdown

I'm going to have another tomorrow. I'm on a two day hot streak. No one violate league sanctity or I might loving EXPLODE

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Lmao who did this??? You're amazing

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
Am I fumbling more on higher difficulties because I'm not holding R1 or doing possession catches manually enough?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I think there is actually a bug causing more fumbles that they are planning on patching. I saw something about that on twitter, but can't find the link at the moment.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
Yea, I'm getting wrecked by fumbles after the catch and it's getting kinda silly.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Epi Lepi posted:

I think there is actually a bug causing more fumbles that they are planning on patching. I saw something about that on twitter, but can't find the link at the moment.

If it isn't a bug they need to at least dial it back. As soon as you go to All-Pro difficulty it's like your running around with a greased pig.

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
I must be the only one not fumbling like crazy, but People I play against all have WRs who act like they are allergic to the football, so I'm pretty sure there's a problem.

Maybe this year's IT'S IN THE GAME is the 'all new' cover ball button enhancement!

But when do we get the passing cone back?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

Yea, I'm getting wrecked by fumbles after the catch and it's getting kinda silly.

Hey fartface, join the league. You got a week 1 user game

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

Am I fumbling more on higher difficulties because I'm not holding R1 or doing possession catches manually enough?

Epi Lepi posted:

https://twitter.com/RexDEAFootball/status/766959263956602880
https://twitter.com/RexDEAFootball/status/770286686429388800

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 1, 2016

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I'm guessing we're not getting web based cfm this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

AfterFather posted:

I'm guessing we're not getting web based cfm this year.
I don't think that'll ever happen tbh

• Locked thread