Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

LeeMajors posted:

It is this.

They don't actually care about the supposed American values of free speech--'you'd better be a loving cheerleader for the stars and stripes 24/7 buddy or you can move to fuckin canada!'

This love it or leave it poo poo really pisses me off.

It's also a way to signal that you think the police are correct to shoot black people since they deserve it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/b1ackschefter/status/769687104477548545

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Popular Thug Drink posted:

it was a state law passed in georgia in 2011

hilariously, alabama, a state which borders georgia, passed a similar law after the 2011 harvest and you can guess what happened to alabama in 2012

This led to a hilarious series of articles where farm owners blamed the unwillingness of white people to work for illegally lovely wages for the harvest crisis instead of their own reluctance to pay a reasonable wage for the job - obviously this plan would have worked out perfectly if there weren't so many lazy poor people.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Also the few white people that tried those jobs were lazy workers and tried to cheat the quota system.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
lmao, the majority of undocumented immigrants enter the us through an official port of entry. most of them are just people overstaying a temporary worker visa or student visa.

what's building a wall supposed to do about that?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jazerus posted:

This led to a hilarious series of articles where farm owners blamed the unwillingness of white people to work for illegally lovely wages for the harvest crisis instead of their own reluctance to pay a reasonable wage for the job - obviously this plan would have worked out perfectly if there weren't so many lazy poor people.

PhazonLink posted:

Also the few white people that tried those jobs were lazy workers and tried to cheat the quota system.

these are both unfair posts - ag labor is loving hard and requires a skillset of physical aptitude and endurance. it's not like gardening, your average person isn't in good enough physical condition to do the job consistently. certainly nobody posting on this forum is capable of it. of all the menial jobs i've ever done including roofing and industrial laundry at a hospice, picking veggies was by far the shittiest job

at the same time, farmers are in a bind where they can only sell at a certain price to turn a profit, and without dirt cheap (but still above minimum wage) skilled labor it's economically unfeasible to grow many crops. in fact the response to georgia's hb87 was in many cases for farmers to cut production or plant different crops entirely

in many cases it wasn't the farmers who actually wanted to boot out illegals, knowing full well as people who employed illegals to survive they would bear the financial risk of any law

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jesus christ

https://twitter.com/ObsoleteDogma/status/770330811317059584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

kinda wanna meet a 90-year-old troll rn

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

I keep hearing this too. "Kaepernick, you're not oppressed. You're rich." I didn't see where he ever claimed otherwise. He's using his voice to champion those that are oppressed and aren't rich. I didn't see where he was making it about him or his rather spectacular career nosedive. He worked pretty hard to get where he is.

I still think he can play to be honest and wished the Eagles had gotten him but regardless, do his same conservative critics acknowledge his faith and all those Jesus tattoos that turn me off? This feels like the backlash against Ali and the Olympic black power salute all over again to be honest.

Thank god his name isn't Colin Mohammed or poo poo would really be on.

EDIT: Didn't Tony Stewart loving kill a guy?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

He specifically says that it's for other people and not himself, anyone that acts like him making a lot of money is intentionally trying to change the subject. Matt Walsh is also a huge racist.

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

I keep hearing this too. "Kaepernick, you're not oppressed. You're rich." I didn't see where he ever claimed otherwise. He's using his voice to champion those that are oppressed and aren't rich. I didn't see where he was making it about him or his rather spectacular career nosedive. He worked pretty hard to get where he is.

I still think he can play to be honest and wished the Eagles had gotten him but regardless, do his same conservative critics acknowledge his faith and all those Jesus tattoos that turn me off? This feels like the backlash against Ali and the Olympic black power salute all over again to be honest.

Thank god his name isn't Colin Mohammed or poo poo would really be on.

EDIT: Didn't Tony Stewart loving kill a guy?

I think he explicitly said he wasn't personally oppressed.

...pretty much.

quote:

"At this point, I've been blessed to be able to get this far and have the privilege of being able to be in the NFL, making the kind of money I make and enjoy luxuries like that. I can't look in the mirror and see people dying on the street that should have the same opportunities that I've had."

^:arghfist:

quote:

“When I was poor and complained about inequality they said I was bitter; now that I'm rich and I complain about inequality they say I'm a hypocrite. I'm beginning to think they just don't want to talk about inequality.”
v

eNeMeE fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 30, 2016

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

BiggerBoat posted:

There's a great Russell Brand (!) quote about how when he was poor and complained about things, people said he was just jealous and envious, and now that he's rich and successful and famous and complaining about things people tell him to shut and stop being so ungrateful.

Basically there's never any time where it's appropriate to complain about the system.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Radish posted:

He specifically says that it's for other people and not himself, anyone that acts like him making a lot of money is intentionally trying to change the subject. Matt Walsh is also a huge racist.

Also while Walsh wasted his time ranting about born people, ONE GAJILLION innocent babies were killed in the womb! Maybe Matt should remind himself what's really important.

e: oh, he actually did get to abortions! keeping fighting the good fight Walsh!

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Aug 30, 2016

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Also while Walsh wasted his time ranting about born people, ONE GAJILLION innocent babies were killed in the womb! Maybe Matt should remind himself what's really important.

e: oh, he actually did get to abortions! keeping fighting the food fight Walsh!

If it wasn't so pointless I would set up a twitter bot that just immediately responded to ever tweet he made with "[random number] of children were aborted during the time it took to write this message."

FMguru posted:

There's a great Russell Brand (!) quote about how when he was poor and complained about things, people said he was just jealous and envious, and now that he's rich and successful and famous and complaining about things people tell him to shut and stop being so ungrateful.

Basically there's never any time where it's appropriate to complain about the system.

There's plenty of time to complain about it when it's screwing over white men. Just look at Trump and how he said how much America sucks. If a Democrat said the stuff he did you'd never hear the end of what a traitor that person was. I'm sure the guy getting a bullshit ticket for going five miles over the speed limit has choice words about the police but if your family is being murdered well that's just the price of a law abiding society. Just look at the Freep thread and see some people that REALLY hate America and Americans or ask why anyone thinks it's appropriate to fly the flag of a defeated faction of people that literally tried to divide the country (let's pretend it's actually the correct flag they say it is).

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 30, 2016

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Popular Thug Drink posted:

it was a state law passed in georgia in 2011

hilariously, alabama, a state which borders georgia, passed a similar law after the 2011 harvest and you can guess what happened to alabama in 2012

i'm guessing the lesson they learned from this is "the illegals took everything with them, we should have banished them sooner"

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
I wish someone would make one of those "X's cabinet in the first 100 days" but it's Hillary and make it so outlandish that the right wing hateosphere has a stage 5 meltdown over it.

'Cecile Richards - Secretary of HHS - Implements a forced white sterilization program and builds the country's largest abortoplex. Welfare recipients plummet 96%. AND THIS IS IN THE FIRST 100 DAYS'

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

That is some good loving performance art right there. The hand over the heart is what makes it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Be sweet if it came out Kaeperncik was a registered Republican.

Honest to god though, why do they play the anthem at sporting events anyway? I've seen "patriotic" rednecks chow hot dogs and nachos, scratch their balls and and chug Busch Light during this "sacred" moment that most everyone can't wait to be over so we can get to the serious matter of giant, drug addled, muscle headed black people smashing their heads into mush.

Every time there's a moment of silence to honor the fallen, it's always some rear end in a top hat in a Skynrd t-shirt yelling out some dumb hee-haw poo poo too.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

BiggerBoat posted:

Honest to god though, why do they play the anthem at sporting events anyway? I've seen "patriotic" rednecks chow hot dogs and nachos, scratch their balls and and chug Busch Light during this "sacred" moment that most everyone can't wait to be over so we can get to the serious matter of giant, drug addled, muscle headed black people smashing their heads into mush.

Every time there's a moment of silence to honor the fallen, it's always some rear end in a top hat in a Skynrd t-shirt yelling out some dumb hee-haw poo poo too.

But for some reason when he does it it's wrong.

Almost like there's some 'other' reason to hate on him.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

Also, why do they show the national anthem on television? Do most people stand up in their living rooms during it?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

birds posted:

Also, why do they show the national anthem on television? Do most people stand up in their living rooms during it?

No, they make fun of the ridiculously overwrought way that people sing the national anthem at sporting events

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I don't think I've posted in DnD before so forgive me if I'm out of line.

I listened to Limbaugh today and he had a woman caller on talking about Trump

Rush "what about his tax info?"
Lady "I don't care, he isn't a politician"
Rush "but if he was a politician? "
Lady "if he was a career politician, he absolutely should release the info. He's not though so I don't care."

I don't think I've ever come closer to a fist fight with a radio.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Zombie Boat posted:

this is the correct thread for this kind of stuff

also lol

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
RWM: I don't think I've ever come closer to a fist fight with a radio.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

What's been the RWM spin on Colin Kaepernick? I've only been listening to sports radio and it's blown up. Personally, I don't have a problem with him or what he's doing but this feels like a "Dixie Chicks" or "Lapel Pin" thing all over again. The sort of poo poo conservatives eat up.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

What's been the RWM spin on Colin Kaepernick? I've only been listening to sports radio and it's blown up. Personally, I don't have a problem with him or what he's doing but this feels like a "Dixie Chicks" or "Lapel Pin" thing all over again. The sort of poo poo conservatives eat up.

Local radio host and known piece of poo poo, John Kincaid, had some pretty racist af poo poo to say about being black in America during a segment about Colin.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Along with all the other reasons Kaepernick obviously has a right to express his free speech Bomani Jones was on MSNBC last night and briefly mentioned how there's some really hosed up implications to the idea that we're obligated to show reverence for the pledge and that it really makes that reverence nothing more than obligation.

The whole thing is just people mad at a rich black dude for saying Black Lives Matter.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pretty sure rape, homicide, and domestic violence are on the loving list of things you can't do at this point.

Who the gently caress cares about drugs?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Did Republicans somehow forget the past eight years of screaming about the persecution of the rich? They invoked the Holocaust because their multi-billion dollar bailout came with some light scolding.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

:drat:

Also sad but true. I'll admit I think that Kaepernick is taking the wrong kind of action. I could understand for instance refusing to go to events for the police of the DA. But it is his right to free speech.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 30, 2016

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Pretty sure rape, homicide, and domestic violence are on the loving list of things you can't do at this point.

"public" those things yes, as long as they keep it on the down-low they can do whatever the gently caress they want

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Zombie Boat posted:

I listened to Limbaugh today and he had a woman caller on talking about Trump

Rush "what about his tax info?"
Lady "I don't care, he isn't a politician"
Rush "but if he was a politician? "
Lady "if he was a career politician, he absolutely should release the info. He's not though so I don't care."

I don't think I've ever come closer to a fist fight with a radio.

:hfive: This is a good Right Wing Media thread post. It's always nice to hear what people hear out there.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Chilichimp posted:

Ben R (because I can't be assed to look up his last name), Ray Lewis, and Greg Hardy all say hi.

e: and the NFL is especially zero tolerance on drugs, especially weed, even if it's legal (hi Jerry Jones with Elliot getting legal weed)

iospace fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 30, 2016

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I was reading the comments some friend of a Facebook friend made on some post of his regarding the whole Kaepernick thing (which was good, the Facebook friend in question has good political opinions), and it was funny watching her struggle to articulate why Kaepernick's actions made her so angry. She kept alternating between words/phrases like "disrespectful" and "uncalled for", but it was pretty obvious that in her heart she wanted to call him "uppity" and just couldn't find the words for it.

The best (worst) part is when she said that it was disrespectful because he owed the country that freed his ancestors. I replied saying that it is laughably ridiculous to think black people should thank the country that enslaved them in the first place for freeing them, and she then said "but the people who enslaved him are no longer alive," to which I replied "...neither are the people who freed the slaves. Either you refer to the country as an entity or to specific groups of people, but you can't arbitrarily switch between the two" (because apparently she was incapable of realizing that she directly contradicted herself in the space of two comments).

While I think that a white football player would have also experienced a backlash for doing the same thing as Kaepernick, there's something clearly different about the sort of backlash black people get. I think the difference is that, ironically, there's this greater element of "you should be thankful" when black people condemn the country.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

What a Virtue Signaler (TM)

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Going to reiterate this.

I don't care.

I don't care either way about this Colin Kaepernick thing. He can do whatever the gently caress he wants. He's not a hero or a villain for doing this. He's just some dumb qb that's a bit of a douche bag. (my opinion).

I do care about social and racial justice. But this has been the DUMBEST Hill I've seen people die on. I HATE doing the "TRUTH IS IN THE MIDDLE/BOTH SIDES DO IT" argument. There are times when that is not the case. This time? Yep. Idiots looking for any sort of outrage for some form of validation and for them to seem "noble" in front of people. It's some bizarre "mad, mad, mad world" of that exact sort of thing.

Jesus, I've seen Jerry Rice called an "uncle tom" because he dared to have an opinion that wasn't shared with some people. Enough is enough. This has been the STUPIDEST 72 hours I've seen since people were debating over a loving dress.

Sorry guys. Just...it's been exhausting reading this crap on my twitter, and I've been wanting to vent on it. It's not the topic of the protest that's bugging me, it's been this lovely slacktivism I've seen from all sides over it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ytlaya posted:

While I think that a white football player would have also experienced a backlash for doing the same thing as Kaepernick, there's something clearly different about the sort of backlash black people get. I think the difference is that, ironically, there's this greater element of "you should be thankful" when black people condemn the country.

This literally happened at the Olympics and the white guy was "moved to tears so he didn't cover his heart" and the black woman was "being disrespectful".

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rick_Hunter posted:

RWM: I don't think I've ever come closer to a fist fight with a radio.

Seconding this. I had to quit half way into the second primary debate because all I wanted to do was scream, "You loving lying pieces of loving disingenuous poo poo!" after literally, and I do mean literally- every candidate's response.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Well now 0 days since republicans talked about rape

https://twitter.com/rawstory/status/770711896064483328

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Uh, does that mean that people who get raped in the American prison system are all women? :confused:

Or were the men "asking for it"?

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Well now 0 days since republicans talked about rape

https://twitter.com/rawstory/status/770711896064483328

Does Trump have a minimum level of being horrible human beings he expects all his people to meet?