Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Shageletic posted:

If anyone was wondering what Fat Reek was up to lately, well....

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/770700513335738368

let's take a break from Trump for some good old fashioned Republican Fuckery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

One wonders, does Larry the Cable Guy do a greater disservice to himself by talking politics, or does a news company do greater disservice to itself by allowing Larry the Cable Guy to discuss politics.

At least Sirius XM provides some counterprogramming. Larry has his own channel there with Jeff Foxworthy, but Mojo Nixon does a weekly hard-left-slanting political talk show on Rawdog called Lyin' Cocksuckers.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

PhazonLink posted:

Trump Model Management recruited models as young as 14.

Aaaahhhhhhhhh.

efb adding some stuff: Okay technically that is basically an industry standard. Soooo the whole industry not just Trump needs to burn.

Imagine literally any enthusiast industry that relies upon physical goods and physical presence, and is controlled by rich assholes. At best, it's a lovely industry where the people who make the cover can't afford the magazine.

Big Hubris fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 30, 2016

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

delfin posted:

At least Sirius XM provides some counterprogramming. Larry has his own channel there with Jeff Foxworthy, but Mojo Nixon does a weekly hard-left-slanting political talk show on Rawdog called Lyin' Cocksuckers.

If you don't have Mojo Nixon than your station could use some fixin

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yo shimmra if you aint been to the N/V thread recently head on over for some good lol

Where the gently caress did Rodney find out about the whole ((())) poo poo?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Pretty mad I got beaten to this.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Popular Thug Drink posted:

i dunno if anything short of us soldiers flown in for a photo op taking the black flag down in the middle of raqqa would signal to the american public that the coalition is defeating isis

Why doesn't Clinton just have a commercial that is the gif of ISIL territory that got retaken and that gif of the exploding hill?

Does the exploding hill count as snuff?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I'm not sure I'll ever have a chance to quote this in a D&D thread again so now's my chance.
Goes great with hot tea.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

PhazonLink posted:

Why doesn't Clinton just have a commercial that is the gif of ISIL territory that got retaken and that gif of the exploding hill?

Does the exploding hill count as snuff?

because a lot of democrats dont like drone bombing or military intervention

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Mel Mudkiper posted:

yesss

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
She was elected prez and away we started rollin'
I said how many votes you get
She said nothin' man it's stolen

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

The ooh rah chest beating works best on Republicans, true, but it would be a good idea to undermine their "soft on terror" rhetoric by showing what's actually happening.

Yinlock posted:

let's take a break from Trump for some good old fashioned Republican Fuckery

So this is what Trump's wannabe lackey is up to until he gets votes out? Screw the poors like a good little Republican?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Possibly dumb question, but something I've been wondering.

Republicans are of course being dicks about voter ID, but they seem to be leaving absentee ballots alone. This seems to be cause more Republicans vote by absentee ballot than Dem voters do (of course). So instead of trying to fight these voter ID laws (which the Dems absolutely should do, btw) why don't they just run a campaign telling their voters to vote via absentee ballot instead? It sidesteps the issue of having to wait and hope for the courts to strike it down, and seems to be a fairly simple way to get around it.

Unless I'm missing something basic here (and I probably am).

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

And a lot of Democrats are Bill Maher types who reflexively hate Muslims, Jews, and other religious minorities for some odd reason that they can't put their finger on, but can be convinced to oppose christian or atheistic bigots that pose obvious threats to things they give about.

What I'm saying is motherfuckers need to be reconciled with something approaching reality. A new consensus is needed to replace the failed post WW2 and Post Cold War Era ones.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/770711896064483328
So... this is probably going to end well for Conway. Or it gives Clinton more soundbites.

Probably both.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Mr Interweb posted:

Republicans are of course being dicks about voter ID, but they seem to be leaving absentee ballots alone. This seems to be cause more Republicans vote by absentee ballot than Dem voters do (of course). So instead of trying to fight these voter ID laws (which the Dems absolutely should do, btw) why don't they just run a campaign telling their voters to vote via absentee ballot instead? It sidesteps the issue of having to wait and hope for the courts to strike it down, and seems to be a fairly simple way to get around it.

This would work in some places and not others. Some states require you to sign a statement saying that you can't make it to your usual polling place or whatever in order for your absentee ballot to be valid, and the last thing we need is to give Republicans more reasons to accuse Democrats of lying about voting. Plus it'd be, y'know, perjury.

EDIT: And it would also just look really bad for the Democrats to be encouraging the sidestepping of electoral law. The Republicans would go full ham on that poo poo.

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 30, 2016

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

Just go to 100% absentee/mail-in ballot like Washington state. It works great!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Next time some arzylord comes in here all :ohdear: show em this

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/770726740624805888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

He has to win ALL those states.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

iospace posted:

So... this is probably going to end well for Conway. Or it gives Clinton more soundbites.

Probably both.

... So what about men who are raped?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

... So what about men who are raped?

Women need to learn to be strong enough not to rape men.

This goes double for women who rape men inside our barbaric men's prison system.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Mr Interweb posted:

Another issue is that to even register, you often need to go to your local DMV/DOE, or can be summoned there if someone challenges your registration. And guess what they close down at the same time as passing these Voter ID rules?

But I do generally think absentee voting is the way to go, and am pro mail in voting like we have up here in Washington, but I do see why some fear it'd make fraud more likely.

The attack on voting is wrapped up in all sorts of seemingly benign laws, and definitely hampered by the Parties' control over primary elections. (Well and their control over the system at large.)

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Women need to learn to be strong enough not to rape men.

This goes double for women who rape men inside our barbaric men's prison system.

Someone has to do the raping though...

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

zoux posted:

Not PA, actually. Holding the other 3 + NH (and a bunch of other poo poo like Nevada, Arizona, Iowa) would get a 269-269 result. If Trump takes PA, he's going to win because that means a bunch of other poo poo has gone horribly wrong for Clinton.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

iospace posted:

Probably both.

Lol it's not like this is out of context either:

quote:

If we were physiologically — not mentally, emotionally, professionally — equal to men, if we were physiologically as strong as men, rape would not exist. You would be able to defend yourself and fight him off.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

A Winner is Jew posted:

Someone has to do the raping though...

that would be the mexicans, who are known for being very tall and strong

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

FairGame posted:

Not PA, actually. Holding the other 3 + NH (and a bunch of other poo poo like Nevada, Arizona, Iowa) would get a 269-269 result. If Trump takes PA, he's going to win because that means a bunch of other poo poo has gone horribly wrong for Clinton.

I kind of want to see a 269-269 result in my lifetime. It'll kick off a needed Constitutional Convention 2, or the destruction of all, but hey...

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

iospace posted:

Probably both.

She knows that the human body has ways to shut down legitimate rape.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

foobardog posted:

I kind of want to see a 269-269 result in my lifetime. It'll kick off a needed Constitutional Convention 2, or the destruction of all, but hey...

People said for years that if a president won the electoral vote but lost the popular vote in a modern election, it'd kick off electoral college reform, but then 2000 happened and welp.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
The solution to rape: Lift Weights

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

Lol it's not like this is out of context either:

The annoying thing is that the reduction of rape to physically violent rape ignores the reality that social and emotional manipulation is a much more accessible and successful tool for rape.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/SamWangPhD/status/770730348883873796?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

that would be the mexicans, who are known for being very tall and strong

Calves like cantaloupes from carrying bags of rape across the border

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

zoux posted:

Yeah it's important to remember that polls are NOT votes. They are polling likely/registered voters, not actual votes cast. Even if Trump weren't behind by a large margin in most/all of the polling, he still has to get his supporters to register and show up to vote.

I suspect Clinton will outperform the polls because of Trump's nonexistent ground game, probably not into blowout territory or retaking the House. Clinton is campaigning for votes and Trump is holding rallies and flying home every night to get media attention.

If the Trump campaign keeps pushing "the election is rigged" that might well depress his turnout, too, if some of his followers decide it's not worth showing up.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The only thing I :derp: about a little is that if ground game versus 'holy poo poo no-one has ever not actually tried to run any kind of ground game before' leads to a really significant overperforming of the polls by Clinton, it might feed into the dumbshit 'It's all rigged and fraud' stuff Trump's been feeding his supporters and make post-election chaos worse.

It's a stupid thing, but it does worry me.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Bombing another country we're not at war with is still pretty messed up though.

Drone policy is really hard to feel strongly about. Every option is pretty bad and intertwined with about a million other separate, but interlocked issues.

We're not bombing Syrian forces, we're bombing ISIL. This is entirely consistent with international and domestic law, and full satisfies the Sterio Criteria, Common Article 3 protections, the necessary and proportionality tests, international humanitarian law requirements.

And frankly all that could easily be labeled as irrelevant since, re Oil Platforms (Islamic Republic of Iran v. United States of America) ICJ 4, the strike almost certainly satisfies the (idiotic) test that the ICJ applied with regards to preemptive self defence.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Pakled posted:

People said for years that if a president won the electoral vote but lost the popular vote in a modern election, it'd kick off electoral college reform, but then 2000 happened and welp.

Yeah, but that ultimately was explained away by Bush v. Gore, Gore actually winning the popular vote, mistakes Gore made during the recount process, and Jeb being Governor.

If an election goes to the House, and is resolved by the insane bullshit that is the process, it's not as easily explained by bad actors within the system. Though, I guess some delegation for a purple state being forced into a vote by procedural means could end up so. And lol if any of the candidates are actually in Congress.

Eh, you're probably right.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

iospace posted:

Probably both.

That tweet that said Alt-right is just the PC term for Neo Nazi was right on the money, wow.

I wonder what the explanation for that one will be. I mean it's not as bad as a staffer having a husband sexting to randos but not much can.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am less concerned about violence on election day than I am poll watchers attempting to disrupt minority voting

That'll be the same thing, especially when some selectively edited footage of some racist Trumpers harassing black people gets posted online under the guise of OBAMA THUGS TRYIN TO STEAL ELECTION :bahgawd:

Kilroy posted:

:confused: the debates are likely to be a wash

This is exactly how most media will paint it, while right wing outlets will cheer Trump's strong performance and how sickly Hillary looked.

PA, we can do this. Make me want to be proud of you for a change. :unsmith:

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/770671463057780736

But I thought it was against Senate tradition to confirm a nominee in the last year of a presidential term????

Note that he only said if Hilary wins, not if Hilary wins and the Democrats retake the Senate (because they're absolutely going to move to confirm if that happens).

McConnell has already said "lol nope Grassley's wrong" but if Dems take the Senate we're going to end up with Justice Garland.

iospace posted:

Probably both.

Women who are strong enough can physically restrain or drive off their attackers, politifact rates this statement as Mostly True. :v:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/rortybomb/status/770731992103149568

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Ugh, completely indistinguishable from a Republican.

• Locked thread