Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

The current champion (Amanda Nunes) owns and her and her gf are adorable :3:

I was so sad when Ronda lost, if for no other reason than Holly is boring as gently caress. Here's hoping Nunes is able to keep the belt for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I liked that Vice thing on Rin Nakai. Really inspiring. Makes me want to workout. They should play that on a monitor at gyms to get people hype

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

like bro when they're grappling on the ground trying to get advantage and their hand is 2 inches away from the person's nut sack? in a "real" fight they'd grab that poo poo and squeeze/tear as hard as possible and now gl grappling them anymore lol

i really dunno why you guys have to make what I say into something else. I'm not defending "ninjas" at any point here.

I'm not defending ninjas I just want everyone to know that no technique is stronger than "the monkey steals the peach" :ninja:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
You know what wasn't boring? That goddamn kick to the head.

For real, if your super power is breaking peoples' arms, don't try to box with the former womens welterweight champion. Grab her goddamn arm, you psycho.

ed: I wish people were more interested in the Women's Strawweight division, that's where there is tons of talent.

ElGroucho fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 30, 2016

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

IIRC they clinched a few times but holly was like peace im not interested in doing this

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

cain velasquez owns and i would very much like to see him fight allistair overeem

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Moridin920 posted:

The thing to remember about MMA is that it is still a sport. This is most obvious when you see people turning around and showing the back of their head to their opponent, who doesn't take that opportunity to inflict massive injury on them (hits to the back of the head are not allowed).

I'm not really sure what Ninja VS MMA fighter is supposed to prove when a 'real' ninja or whatever would probably immediately try to gouge your eyes out.

The most 'effective' moves are often also illegal moves in MMA because effective fighting is about disabling your opponent by any means necessary as fast as possible.

illegal moves:
groin shots
small joint manipulation
joint breaks without allowing opponent to submit
eye gouges
fish hooking
biting
"rabbit" punches
strikes to the back of the head
grabbing clothing
"spiking"
throat strikes
trachea strikes
ear ripping
Ronda is very good person, but soon she will learn manners. I will torture her body so that she learns to be humble.

God chose me for this fight. God is the teacher. Ronda is the student. I am God's instrument.

When I squeeze your lungs, Ronda, and you beg me for life then your heart will open up to the lord.

When you eat through plastic tube and when you are paralyzed from neck down then your family will gather around your hospital bed to see the new Ronda.

God's lessons are so beautiful.

Al Cowens fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 30, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i wanna see a show where MGTOWers have to fight MMA women

entice them by offering $50k if they win the fight and get the ones who are just like 'lol no woman can defeat me' and then let us watch them get annihilated

:catstare:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Just a reminder, people thought Ronda Rousey could beat up Floyd loving mayweather in a pure boxing match as well ROFL

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

ElGroucho posted:

You know what wasn't boring? That goddamn kick to the head.

For real, if your super power is breaking peoples' arms, don't try to box with the former womens welterweight champion. Grab her goddamn arm, you psycho.

ed: I wish people were more interested in the Women's Strawweight division, that's where there is tons of talent.

Rousey really didn't look on the ball at the start of that fight. Maybe it was the build up to the fight that got to her, but Holm looked far more prepared for that match. Or Rousey's game plan for Holm was just trash.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Al Cowens posted:

I liked that Vice thing on Rin Nakai. Really inspiring. Makes me want to workout. They should play that on a monitor at gyms to get people hype

Got a link or the name of the vid? I'd be interested.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Attention Thread: I am an actual MMA champion. I've fought hundreds of ninjas both in the octagon and in vicious street fights. I've never once lost.
Mordin knows little of what he talks about, I'm living proof of that.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Wamdoodle posted:

Got a link or the name of the vid? I'd be interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdR6VAcW34Q

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Fire Barrel posted:

Rousey really didn't look on the ball at the start of that fight. Maybe it was the build up to the fight that got to her, but Holm looked far more prepared for that match. Or Rousey's game plan for Holm was just trash.

lol.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hitchensgoespop posted:

Attention Thread: I am an actual MMA champion. I've fought hundreds of ninjas both in the octagon and in vicious street fights. I've never once lost.
Mordin knows little of what he talks about, I'm living proof of that.

hitchens nuts go pop more like :D

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Is this love

That I'm feeling?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Best Rousey video is the one in which she throws the fat martial arts nerd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXvIjk8YJtI

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

etalian posted:

Best Rousey video is the one in which she throws the fat martial arts nerd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXvIjk8YJtI

this was pretty great

she seems chill and it seems like everyone is too easily trolled by mean tweets idk

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Sacred ninja techniques like "punching a dude in the nads" were perfectly legal in the early UFC's and those were all still won by Jiu Jitsu guys or wrestlers. Literally the only guy who managed to lose a fight from ball strikes was the guy who played Random Task in Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery.

Fire Barrel posted:

So whatever happened with Edmund's whole bankruptcy/ tax evasion boondoggle, anyway? I haven't heard news about it in a while

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

At work right now but I'll check it out later. Thanks! :)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stealth Tiger posted:

Sacred ninja techniques like "punching a dude in the nads" were perfectly legal in the early UFC's and those were all still won by Jiu Jitsu guys or wrestlers. Literally the only guy who managed to lose a fight from ball strikes was the guy who played Random Task in Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0q2wekqrP0

however that notwithstanding here's a video of illegal nut shots where the dude's immediately go 'oh nooooooo' and fall over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ilOGqH13mI

that 3rd guy is about to loving puke lmao

e: lol at the flying somersault kick into the dude's nuts at 2 mins holy poo poo

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 30, 2016

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I do Bloodsport Kumite and punch guys in the sack while blind. Works for me :shrug:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZvbk54Y418

Alexa Grasso is the girl I want to punch me to death :swoon:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Stealth Tiger posted:

as a side note: that that guy is in jail forever for felony torture (which was significantly pared down from the original set of charges that he was very manifestly guilty of) and has an upcoming murder trial for beating his cellmate to death

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

ElGroucho posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZvbk54Y418

Alexa Grasso is the girl I want to punch me to death :swoon:
I would literally die if my gf did this to me :swoon:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Cosmopolitan

5 Sexy Moves to Put Your Man in a Coma

This is my dream

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Stealth Tiger posted:

So whatever happened with Edmund's whole bankruptcy/ tax evasion boondoggle, anyway? I haven't heard news about it in a while

Last I heard he was still having issues with it, but that's about it. Nothing new seems to have popped up. Maybe Rousey will drop Tarverdyan if things haven't cleared up by her return?

And I'm not actually sure most of the guys in the early UFC had much training beyond "I can take a punch!" Was crazy to watch some of those matches, especially when some of those guys came up against people with actual training.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fire Barrel posted:

Was crazy to watch some of those matches, especially when some of those guys came up against people with actual training.

Those are usually my favorite fights.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

ElGroucho posted:

Cosmopolitan

5 Sexy Moves to Put Your Man in a Coma

This is my dream
when you come home after a long day at work and there she is to greet you at your doorstep

:love:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
When you tell bae about the crick in your neck

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
a leg massage? sure thing, hon

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hey baby, help me with the gardening, yeah?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0q2wekqrP0

however that notwithstanding here's a video of illegal nut shots where the dude's immediately go 'oh nooooooo' and fall over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ilOGqH13mI

that 3rd guy is about to loving puke lmao

e: lol at the flying somersault kick into the dude's nuts at 2 mins holy poo poo

Oof. :barf:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

conor lost and took it like a man, holly lost and took it with grace and class, ronda loss and cried and disappeared off into the woods screaming woe is me, woe is my life superstar life after talking loads and loads of poo poo. can't say I feel any sympathy for her.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Is there a version of sport fighting where the only blow allowed is nut kicks

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003

lmao

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Ronda Rowsdower

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Ronda Rowsdower

Rowsdower! :argh:

Saw the video, Al Cowens. Good stuff. Too bad Rin apparently lost that fight but it was a good one. I haven't gone looking for it. Just the winner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

reminder that american rednecks invented the most hardcore fighting sport known to man:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gouging_(fighting_style)

• Locked thread