Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

The Mentalizer posted:

I don't disagree that panicking over crickets is silly, but it was probably less "oh no, crickets!" and more "where the gently caress did these crickets and worms come from and what the gently caress is going on?" To be fair, some of us are still a little jumpy about sudden unexpected things like that happening.

I bet the crickets were pretty jumpy about the situation too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJPZHHydS8g

Piggy :3:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Oh my god, that piglet at 1:10 was just adorable.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

KoRMaK posted:

episodes of what?

HarmonQuest

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is like the opposite of schadenfreude or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBnCCz1qOs4

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'd like to think the dog memorized that jump and walked there on purpose just to freak people out.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Speaking of the opposite of schadefreude, Gene Wilder died today. :(
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/30/movies/gene-wilder-dead.html?_r=0

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

10 Beers posted:

Speaking of the opposite of schadefreude, Gene Wilder died today. :(
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/30/movies/gene-wilder-dead.html?_r=0

Somebody beat you to making the gibbis thread, huh :(

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

This brings a new meaning to “boat anchor”.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Seems like the only way a boat would ever save it's owner money.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Bring Over A Towtruck

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I wish that I had my phone with me when I first put my cats collar on. He'd been catching some native birds lately (nothing endangered but it's something to be worried about) so I bought him a collar with bells on it. He'd start walking, the bells would start jingling and he'd freeze then start walking backwards before trying to run away from the bells.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Testekill posted:

I wish that I had my phone with me when I first put my cats collar on. He'd been catching some native birds lately (nothing endangered but it's something to be worried about) so I bought him a collar with bells on it. He'd start walking, the bells would start jingling and he'd freeze then start walking backwards before trying to run away from the bells.

Cats are dumb idiots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHtyYbFR_d8

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Testekill posted:

I'll never forget the time my dog was constipated and tried to run away from her own rear end.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
One time (I wasn't around for it) our previous cat ate a lace and then passed the lace. Not all the way though.

She ran around the house terrified of her rear end lace for a while, and the solution in the end was just grab the lace and let her run.

I imagine that chafed.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Really anyone who wants to put on a funny hat, and make horses jump over things, deserves what they get.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

:horse:

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

ShineDog posted:

One time (I wasn't around for it) our previous cat ate a lace and then passed the lace. Not all the way though.

She ran around the house terrified of her rear end lace for a while, and the solution in the end was just grab the lace and let her run.

I imagine that chafed.

Dogs with something stuck in their rear end are funny has hell. The only thing more hilarious is watching someone dig out the pool noodle/sweater/40 feet of hemp rope from the dogs rear end.

It's less funny when you're the one doing the digging.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

ShineDog posted:

I imagine that chafed.

NONONONONO holy poo poo. If your cat ever swallows string or lace again DO NOT PULL ON IT. You run the risk of causing severe, irreversible intestinal damage.

http://www.catster.com/lifestyle/ask-a-vet-what-should-i-do-if-my-cat-eats-string
http://www.petmd.com/blogs/thedailyvet/lhuston/2013/jan/linear-foreign-bodies-when-your-cat-swallows-string-29774
http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/diseasesconditionsfaqs/f/LinFBclinsigns.htm

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Yeah, if I had been around I would have taken the cat to the vet, but I wasn't (housemates dumb mother), so I figured I would share.

Fortunately I guess the lace was smooth or the cat wasn't. .. grippy enough. She was fine.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Another case of IT'S A PRANK!

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/new_jersey/20160830_ap_9213503ecdbe4489bdbc2e70ee154ad0.html

quote:

Police say the occupants believed 19-year-old Austin Gaile had poured gasoline on himself and they believed their lives were in danger. But Gaile had poured water from a gasoline container and was attempting to light it in order to post a video of their reactions online.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

Gaile is held on $90,000 bail, charged with false public alarm, child endangerment and marijuana possession.

Wow what a dumbass. Protip: only commit one crime at a time.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Testekill posted:

I tried to give my cat a new treat last week. He recoiled from the fish flavored disk and ran to hide under a bed from it.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
New World of Warcraft expansion schad:

Context: Cenarion Circle is a friendly player faction, and the only way to become hostile with them is to actively click "At War" in your interface and start attacking them, for which there is no reason other than just being an idiot. Now this faction hold the gate-keeping quest for him to start the expansion and they won't talk to him. Even dumber, this faction is is basically the druid faction, so being a druid there was no possible result in killing his own faction other than screwing himself for the future.

Anti-Schad: Devs hotfixed it. :smith:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Cat schaden: My cat once ate a chunk of elastic band and couldn't pass it all the way. We held him down, and I grabbed it with a paper towel and pulled... Then lost my grip.

I've never had an elastic band twang against my rear end in a top hat but I can't imagine my reaction would be as subdued as his was.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Post Your Favorite (or Request) > Schadenfreude Thread: I've never had an elastic band twang against my rear end in a top hat

Goddamn Particle
Oct 10, 2013

Fan of Britches
Subway Cricket Lady Arrested For Idiotic D Train Stunt

Gothamist posted:

Zaida Pugh, the self-proclaimed "actress" who pretended to be a homeless woman and unleashed a box full of crickets and worms on a crowded D train last week as part of a viral "prank," has been arrested, according to police.

The NYPD tells us Pugh was arrested today and charged with reckless endangerment. The 21-year-old told us over the weekend that the stunt, which set off a chaotic panic in the car, was meant to "show how people react to homeless people, how people look down at them." She said she did not expect a straphanger to pull the emergency brake, which trapped the train on the Manhattan bridge for nearly half an hour. "I'm sorry about the situation and hope not to be be involved in anything like that," she claimed.

Pugh also put a nearly 40-minute "apology" video on her Facebook page, should you care to watch.

The apology video is one of those non-apology, sorry-you-were-offended pieces that should be their own genre of fiction. She's crying and expressing regret for "what happened" while carefully avoiding admitting she did anything wrong. It's not like she didn't know what reaction she'd get either - she previously made a video in which she pretended to stab a baby to death and admitted it was a prank afterwards, so she's been through this kind of backlash before. She's sorry she's facing legal consequences, nothing more.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Roro posted:

I've never had an elastic band twang against my rear end in a top hat

Jesus man, get out and live a little.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Goddamn Particle posted:

The apology video is one of those non-apology, sorry-you-were-offended pieces that should be their own genre of fiction. She's crying and expressing regret for "what happened" while carefully avoiding admitting she did anything wrong. It's not like she didn't know what reaction she'd get either - she previously made a video in which she pretended to stab a baby to death and admitted it was a prank afterwards, so she's been through this kind of backlash before. She's sorry she's facing legal consequences, nothing more.

It's just a prank, bro

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Goddamn Particle posted:

So in order to bring awareness to the issue of people looking down on the homeless, she decides to pretend to be a stereotypically crazy homeless person? :downs:

Well, I guess she was pretending with the homeless part, but definitely not the crazy part.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

That's not schadenfreude, that's amazing. Clever dog!

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
Apple just got fined 13 Billion Euros for tax dodging.. I wonder how much of it they'll actually pay?

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...0884a923b3b7a19

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
The police might end up shooting Chris Brown at any moment. He's apparently barricaded himself inside his home following a domestic violence dispute, and at one point taunted the cops by saying "Come and get me." Then he threw a duffel bag containing drugs and guns out his window at them.

If ever there's a time to keep hitting reload on TMZ, I think it's now.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Slugnoid posted:

Apple just got fined 13 Billion Euros for tax dodging.. I wonder how much of it they'll actually pay?

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...0884a923b3b7a19

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37226101

quote:

The standard rate of Irish corporate tax is 12.5%.
The Commissions's investigation concluded that Apple had effectively paid 1% tax on its European profits in 2003 and about 0.005% in 2014.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Phanatic posted:

The police might end up shooting Chris Brown at any moment. He's apparently barricaded himself inside his home following a domestic violence dispute, and at one point taunted the cops by saying "Come and get me." Then he threw a duffel bag containing drugs and guns out his window at them.

If ever there's a time to keep hitting reload on TMZ, I think it's now.

It's over, though they are searching his house. Honestly surprised Team Breezy didn't show up and volunteer to be his bullet shield.