Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

disney is very bitchy about their licenses

It's gotta go back into the vault for a few years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
New sale seems really good. If you're one of those people that has been waiting for a sale on The Witness, it's down to $23

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
PlayStation Now for Windows is now available.
You can give the free 7-day trial a go to see if you like streaming games and if it works well over your Internet connection.

The DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adapter for Windows is also available to pre-order now. Releases in one week.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

My whining has paid off. Invisible inc is now 9.99

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

canyonero posted:

It's gotta go back into the vault for a few years!

On the plus side, Castle of Illusion was definitely the worst of the two remakes that came out around the same time. DuckTales Remastered was way better at playing like the original, where CoI felt more like they worked from the design rather than the actual Genesis game, so the controls were kind of terrible.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

MisterAlex posted:

The DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adapter for Windows is also available to pre-order now. Releases in one week.

I'd love to know what amazing bullshit their wireless adapter does to justify paying $25 for a bluetooth adapter.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it lets you use the audio jack on the controller, and probably is also why the psn price has gone up ten dollars a year.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Real hurthling! posted:

My whining has paid off. Invisible inc is now 9.99

I hate being broke. Invisible Inc. looks like a metric ton of fun.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Watrick posted:

Invisible Inc. looks like a metric ton of fun.

It's really good. Try and grab it later when things are better for you because it's worth it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'd love to know what amazing bullshit their wireless adapter does to justify paying $25 for a bluetooth adapter.

it has official drivers and a ps logo on it. designer tax you know

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

it has official drivers and a ps logo on it. designer tax you know

I'm presuming the official drivers are baked into the PS Now app, since you don't need the wireless adapter to use that, just a DS4 and a USB cable.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm presuming the official drivers are baked into the PS Now app, since you don't need the wireless adapter to use that, just a DS4 and a USB cable.

yah but only for wired. the dongle will be the only official way to play wirelessly with all the ds4 options working unless you use a 3rd party program

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Lemon-Lime posted:

The controllers themselves are no better in price. Most people who will want to use this service don't have a PS4, and will have to shill out $60 USD to get a new controller to use.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

unless something has changed this will actually be the only way to use the audio jack on pc, but also you probably wont be able to program the touch pad with the official drivers.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

It's really good. Try and grab it later when things are better for you because it's worth it.

I ended up getting it.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
What's the chance that The Witness will be on PS+ within six months?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cloks posted:

jon blow would have to accept pennies on the download for it to be which i don't see happening for a while if its still at 23 dollars on sale.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Real hurthling! posted:

jon blow would have to accept pennies on the download for it to be which i don't see happening for a while if its still at 23 dollars on sale.
yeah, that pretty firmly puts it at next year sometime

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Or it could be like when they did a sale of NBA 2K16 and put it on next month's PS+ while a sale is going on.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

Or it could be like when they did a sale of NBA 2K16 and put it on next month's PS+ while a sale is going on.

nba2k16 was already worthless to 2k though with 17's release coming like 60 days later.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Cloks posted:

If you have any interest in puzzle games, just loving buy it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

muscles like this? posted:

lmao yeah what the hell am I thinking, I forgot they don't put any logic in this poo poo

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

axleblaze posted:

If you have any interest in puzzle games, just loving buy it.

Okay

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Here's an unboxing of the new slimmer model PlayStation 4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9V6VeZdMCQ

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I bought it on DVD, and I have to agree.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

EDIT wrong thread

univbee fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 30, 2016

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
Spirits Within is the only movie I've walked out of the theater of in my whole life.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Is this Life is Strange? Y'know, I really ought to check that one ought. Isn't it a time manipulating adventure game? Does it poo poo itself at the end or is it worth picking up?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

That is indeed Life is Strange. It's a time manipulating adventure game. It is worth picking up, in my opinion.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I just hated that the only actual Final Fantasy-related things in The Spirits Within are that there's a guy named Cid and Aki has a really, really tiny Chocobo printed on her pajama top.

Nice credits song, though.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Is this Life is Strange? Y'know, I really ought to check that one ought. Isn't it a time manipulating adventure game? Does it poo poo itself at the end or is it worth picking up?

It does poo poo itself somewhat at the end but still a must-play.

I've never spent any significant time (like less than 10 minutes) with Final Fantasy games but saw Spirits Within in the theatre for some reason.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Hm i wouldnt mind having advent children for 4 bucks...

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

that math is really bothering me

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
So Pure Chess is on sale for the PS4, but not the complete bundle. The complete bundle is on sale for the PS3, but not the regular game. Fuckers.

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

8-Bit Scholar posted:

It's worth playing if the setting appeals to you. It's a high school drama slash supernatural murder mystery, sort of like a modern Twin Peaks by way of John Hughes. It's fairly light on adventure mechanics and more focused on making choices, like The Walking Dead but with a smaller, more human (no gag intended) focus. The gimmick of it is that whenever those choices come up, you can make them, rewind them, and re-make them to see the alternative choice play out. You might think that would make the decisions easier. It does not.

The story itself is... well, hit and miss. Some of it's great, some of it is blunt and clunky. Some of the 'teenager' dialogue doesn't really ring true, especially in the first episode, but once you get past that the characters are all fun and engaging, and watching their relationships develop is probably my favourite part of the series. I personally think the story does poo poo itself a bit at the end but I know people who really dug it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I gave up on Life is Strange after an hour or two into the first episode because the dialogue was so excruciating to listen to. I've taught teenagers for a few years and I think I'd kill myself if they talked like the ones in that game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spirits Within is a much better movie than the endless mountain of criticism would have you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

In Training posted:

Spirits Within is a much better movie than the endless mountain of criticism would have you think

I liked it. I often wondered if people's expectations weren't met as it wasn't Final Fantasy related in the least. I hated it when I watched it, for that reason. When I went back years later, and looked at it with a more appropriate lens, it's quite good.

• Locked thread