Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I've been skipping horizon since horizon 1. I think it'd make more sense for track cutters to get a time penalty added after the race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Forza 2's penalty system remains the best one in the series.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I've been skipping horizon since horizon 1. I think it'd make more sense for track cutters to get a time penalty added after the race.
That actually seems like a very reasonable solution. I wonder if T10 has ever considered doing it this way. Wouldn't that be easier to implement than moving track geometry around?

Also, FH2 was a huge improvement over 1, definitely worth the time. The only thing I'd change about it is unlocking the final 20-minute race. Let winners do it whenever they like instead of just twice and then never again (if that's still the way it is.)
Storm Island is a pretty good expansion, too. The jumps are silly and a little breathtaking.

Very solid game. Broken up into digestible chunks that had me hooked. "Ok, just ONE MORE championsip, then I'll go to bed." (Three hours later) OK just one more...

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

:getin:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

FUCKIN AWESOME

if that poo poo makes it into forza 7 it will be all i drive ever

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
They also announced backwards compatibility for the original Forza Horizon, and it will be free games for gold in September.

I hope this means backwards compatibility is on its way for all the old FM titles, specifically 4. I wanna do some Positano, Mugellen, Maple Valley and Suzuki.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

this game looks so good, the fact it's coming out on windows just owns... owns

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
GRC racing tonight at 9:00 eastern. E class cars with no race or drag tires and no race aero. Be there!

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Looks like forza 6 is free for gold members this weekend if anyone reading still hasnt checked it out.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

WienerDog posted:

They also announced backwards compatibility for the original Forza Horizon, and it will be free games for gold in September.

I hope this means backwards compatibility is on its way for all the old FM titles, specifically 4. I wanna do some Positano, Mugellen, Maple Valley and Suzuki.

How do they manage that with expiring DLC?

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Atmus posted:

How do they manage that with expiring DLC?

I'm don't know exactly what you mean by that. I'm sure any DLC will be made available again when games are released in backwards compatibility so they can make more money.

Can anyone tell me how to start races where the start line is on an incline? Daytona is giving me fits. No matter what I do, my car veers right, up the embankment, and into the wall when I try to get going from a stand still.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Pretty much the only way is to feather the clutch on and off just right, or only play oval tracks with a rolling start.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

WienerDog posted:

I'm don't know exactly what you mean by that. I'm sure any DLC will be made available again when games are released in backwards compatibility so they can make more money.

They mean expiring rights. You can't sell something you don't have the rights to any more. That's why you can't buy the Outrun 2 Online game Sega released because they lost the Ferrari licence. Though I doubt that'd be a problem for Forza since they seem to hold their licences well.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

njsykora posted:

They mean expiring rights. You can't sell something you don't have the rights to any more. That's why you can't buy the Outrun 2 Online game Sega released because they lost the Ferrari licence. Though I doubt that'd be a problem for Forza since they seem to hold their licences well.

For Forza 2, 3, and 4, they've pulled all DLC from the store without any warning or heads-up right around 4 years after the games originally came out.

Who knows if they licensed things under the same terms for Forza Horizon onwards, since that's when they moved to yearly releases, but this fall will be 4 years after it was released.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
On the subject of licensing, apparently VW won't be in FH3, since Turn10 couldn't reach an agreement for that specific brand.

Since other Volkswagen brands will be in the game, I have to wonder if VW wasn't insisting on some kind of restrictions (no engine or exhaust modifications maybe) in the wake of their emissions scandal.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

azflyboy posted:

On the subject of licensing, apparently VW won't be in FH3, since Turn10 couldn't reach an agreement for that specific brand.

Holy loving poo poo,,,,, What!?

A) Who cares

B) Who cares

C) Who cared?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
By the time Forza Horizon 7 is out the base game will have no cars and you'll have to pay $20 for every manufacturer pack as DLC.

edit: the NASCAR Expansion is half off this week on Live, if anyone's been holding out.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

As far as I know VW are being super tough with their licensing recently, I know Codemasters were saying during the development of Dirt Rally that they were making it almost impossible to get the Golf Rally into the game. So it's not just a Forza thing.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

ixnay posted:

For Forza 2, 3, and 4, they've pulled all DLC from the store without any warning or heads-up right around 4 years after the games originally came out.

Who knows if they licensed things under the same terms for Forza Horizon onwards, since that's when they moved to yearly releases, but this fall will be 4 years after it was released.

Yeah, this. Which is why I can never get 100% completion on Forza 4 :mad:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I am so loving sick of public lobby races. 12 people racing and all it takes is one rear end in a top hat to ruin it. I'm not particularly good at this game, but if anyone would like to race some normal-rear end production cars with someone who isn't playing demolition derby tonight, my gamertag is TheScott2K. Hit me up.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

TheScott2K posted:

I am so loving sick of public lobby races. 12 people racing and all it takes is one rear end in a top hat to ruin it. I'm not particularly good at this game, but if anyone would like to race some normal-rear end production cars with someone who isn't playing demolition derby tonight, my gamertag is TheScott2K. Hit me up.
I'm home a little early tonight. Any interest out there for some laid-back production-car races? I'll join. I have several hours before I have to go.
N/M. Molghandi and I had some fun racing but no one else was available on short notice.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Aug 31, 2016

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=580Z5_JwqTw

sure why not

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Not the first time this vehicle has been in a Forza game if I remember correctly.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

I said come in! posted:

Not the first time this vehicle has been in a Forza game if I remember correctly.

It was an autovista in Forza 4, IIRC.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PhancyPants posted:

It was an autovista in Forza 4, IIRC.

That's where I was remembering it from.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I said come in! posted:

That's where I was remembering it from.

Getting a chance to drive it around in Australia should be fun.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

I'm home a little early tonight. Any interest out there for some laid-back production-car races? I'll join. I have several hours before I have to go.
N/M. Molghandi and I had some fun racing but no one else was available on short notice.

I'm sorry I missed this. If you're on in the evenings this week and want to race, send me a message on XBL. I've been trying to do just some light D and E class races but loving nobody in public is interested in clean racing.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

TheScott2K posted:

I'm sorry I missed this. If you're on in the evenings this week and want to race, send me a message on XBL. I've been trying to do just some light D and E class races but loving nobody in public is interested in clean racing.

We are doing B class VW busses in GRC tonight at 9. Its clean racing 66% of the time

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

I said come in! posted:

They went through the trouble of putting it into Forza 4 as the autovista whatever but never made it drivable. I would say it took them this long to figure out how to make it drive properly in game but it doesn't even have four wheel steering.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

MattD1zzl3 posted:

We are doing B class VW busses in GRC tonight at 9. Its clean racing 66% of the time

That sounds awesome, if the baby's asleep and the wife is occupied by then I'm there.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

TheScott2K posted:

We ran into a couple bad actors last night but the C-class lobby we were in was tolerable and I even got into some packs without anyone getting hurt. That's pretty good for any lobby, especially now. I'm really missing the league lobbies.

I can't participate in the group races because I'm never home before 11pm, but if I'm racing after work I'll look for you. I'm pretty sure that once FH3 comes out I'm gonna be playing the ever-loving poo poo out of it. Early play starts on my birthday. Too bad I have to work.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

GUYS THE BABY SLEEPIN' LETS RACE CARS

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Lobby usually starts at 9pm EDT.

There will be two races in B Class VW Vans and one race in a Trans-Am cars. If you have a couple minutes to whip one up, the spec is in this post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778523&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post460548251

Otherwise I think GutBomb has his tune shared, I forget which car though.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

TheScott2K posted:

We had a good turnout about 20-30 minutes after this post, but nobody seemed to know your gamertag. Post it here so we can invite you next time.

(I flaked out after 1.3 races)

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

It's the same as my username. I can never run for office.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Not exactly Forza 6 related, but Forza Horizon 1 was added to XBox One Backwards Compatibility (and games for gold in September) and good news, the XBone wheels work with it, which bodes well for the other Forza games if they ever make it in the backwards compatibility lineup. I may drive on maple valley with a wheel again someday!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

GutBomb posted:

Not exactly Forza 6 related, but Forza Horizon 1 was added to XBox One Backwards Compatibility (and games for gold in September) and good news, the XBone wheels work with it, which bodes well for the other Forza games if they ever make it in the backwards compatibility lineup. I may drive on maple valley with a wheel again someday!

I hope they end up shooting themselves in the foot and releasing Forza 4 on BC

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

TheScott2K posted:

I hope they end up shooting themselves in the foot and releasing Forza 4 on BC

Only if you can use cloud save to move you old saves over.

But who knows maybe Horizon 3 will make us happy too?

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Turn10 announced wheel support for FM6: Apex and Horizon 3 on Windows 10.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6a_wheel_support

I was going to get a physical copy of FH3 for one of the retail pre-order bonuses, but now that I know the Win10 version supports wheels, I might get the digital version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Getting ready for S class GNX racing this week. I tried to make a oval racing nascar and accidentally made a Formula-D Drift car :psyduck:

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Sep 6, 2016

• Locked thread