Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I have two more questions.

I have 892 gold chest keys and 584 glory chest keys should I just open them all up or is there a reason to hold on to them?

I also have like 100 treasure maps should I just burn through them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Sometimes I save up for a new kingdom. Or just for fun. But no, no real reason to not use them.

Multiples of troops are used to ascend. Every troop can become Mythic, raising the level cap to 20. Never disenchant until you have a troop at Mythic, even then I save 4 copies for weird comps. 3 Goblins and 1 Goblin Shaman, 3 druids and 1 Valkyrie...

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

gromdul posted:

Sometimes I save up for a new kingdom. Or just for fun. But no, no real reason to not use them.

Multiples of troops are used to ascend. Every troop can become Mythic, raising the level cap to 20. Never disenchant until you have a troop at Mythic, even then I save 4 copies for weird comps. 3 Goblins and 1 Goblin Shaman, 3 druids and 1 Valkyrie...

3 Druids and a Valk is murder waiting to happen. Its a little less efficient than 3 Rock Worms and a Drill Borer, since the Worms will feed each other. 3 Gobbos and a Shaman is just silly though.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Minor nitpick on traitstone farming: the chance of a minor traitstone is 50% in Explore mode, but 70% from Challenges. So if you are farming for minors, then do Challenges.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Manticore is too good. I do really well on defense with him. Korvash is great too. One of my rare losses was to Korvash/Manticore/Mab/whatever, can't remember.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Crimson Bat is the one that fucks me up most. I wish I could get one of those bad boys.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My biggest danger team is an all divine/knight team that powers up and vaporizes my great maw with justice before I can get a devour off.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

As a TAVB user, I hate fully traited Mab with the fury of a thousand suns. The only troop I actively avoid.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

gromdul posted:

Manticore is too good. I do really well on defense with him. Korvash is great too. One of my rare losses was to Korvash/Manticore/Mab/whatever, can't remember.

Khorvash and Manticore are the best/worst (pick one). Their stun, drain and true damage combo really is awesome/disgustingly OP (pick one).

Hmm, it's probably time I make a team with them (but without Mab, just to be different).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

More questions,

So the team I was using like 6 months ago when I stopped playing is ,

Bear Totem
Raven
Lady Sapphira
Boar Rider

The team seems to do decent but should I work on something else? I do have a Valk which I guess is something everyone uses as well?

Also what Class should I be using? I just unlocked the Warlord but I'm not so sure he's that great.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

MarcusSA posted:

More questions,

So the team I was using like 6 months ago when I stopped playing is ,

Bear Totem
Raven
Lady Sapphira
Boar Rider

The team seems to do decent but should I work on something else? I do have a Valk which I guess is something everyone uses as well?

Also what Class should I be using? I just unlocked the Warlord but I'm not so sure he's that great.

I like board control and manipulation. Every member of my pvp team can either change the board or get an extra turn. Right now its all goblins. (Shaman, Goblin, Boar Rider, Gob Rocket).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

porktree posted:

I like board control and manipulation. Every member of my pvp team can either change the board or get an extra turn. Right now its all goblins. (Shaman, Goblin, Boar Rider, Gob Rocket).

Which class are you using for that?

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

Which class are you using for that?

The Woodland banner - that way the Gob gets charged on any green match.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

porktree posted:

I generally use this but replace Gob with Hobgoblin. Fully traited and mythic, so I get to work on the other three or four teams I'm building up.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Night Danger Moose posted:

As a TAVB user, I hate fully traited Mab with the fury of a thousand suns. The only troop I actively avoid.

Mab is fine

Double Mab however

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

duckfarts posted:

Mab is fine

Double Mab however

Double Mab gives me more trouble than anything else in this game.

My pro Mab strat is to run a team that doesn't care about being frozen. A trait level 2 Gorgotha on the front will eat skull damage for breakfast (unless he's stunned) but he will also be a free mana engine if you set your banner to one with brown or yellow in it. Once you power Gorgotha up he should ideally be able to eat half to all of the board, which is a lot of mana spread out across all colors. Back him up with your best big effects you can manage keeping in mind the usual kingdom/type bonuses and whatnot. YMMV depending on how good your backup is and how high you can push Gorgotha's magic. A good budget option could be to use Spiritcaller or whatever that thing is that blows up a purple to give your dudes +1 magic. Gorgotha can definitely fuel him and very heavily benefits from higher magic level.

Anyway I run Gorgotha***, War***, Famine*, KoS*** with the blue\black banner. I've been meaning to change it to yellow and black but I'm lazy. Using that team I'm able to consistently win against every AI team I run into at level 330. Double Mab gives me problems for a couple of reasons. If Gorgotha gets frozen too early then it makes it hard to power up fast enough to stay alive and god help you if you actually get mana drained when frozen. Also the teams I see with double Mab also have that new emperor guy who stuns two at random on a 4 or 5 match which can also get pretty brutal. Other than that you just kinda roll through everything other than combo teams getting lucky and anything that is capable of killing single targets very quickly. Most matches are simply a matter of seeing how fast you can fill up Gorgotha.

E: Holy crap that's a lot of words about this dumb game.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
My pro Mab strat is a team of Impervious troops. Well, one has mana shield.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

My double mab strat is to not fight it.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Emron posted:

My double mab strat is to not fight it.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I just devour Mab and smash the rest. It works most of the time. Even with two. Khorvash and Manticore is harder in my experience

ninguno
Jan 17, 2011
Is mab working again? I don't seem to get frozen fighting against her

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

ninguno posted:

Is mab working again? I don't seem to get frozen fighting against her

Was she fully traited? It's the last one that does it

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle
Looking for an invite, my code is MAZREAL_1.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Mazreal posted:

Looking for an invite, my code is MAZREAL_1.

Invited to Gem Boiz.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Zetsubou-san, you're showing no battles for 20 days. Are you still playing, or can I offer your spot to the next player who comes looking to join a goon guild?

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
You can kick Les Grossmann if you want, because WoW Legion, Hearthstone, Battle Field One open beta completely inhale my playing time.... I might ask for a rejoin if I am playing this game again!

Combaticus
Jan 14, 2008

Perfection

Dominance

Ultimate

Fighting

Biotechnology
Can I get an invite? been stuck in a bad pubbie guild … code: COMBATICUS

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Combaticus posted:

Can I get an invite? been stuck in a bad pubbie guild … code: COMBATICUS

Invited to Gem Boiz.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I didn't know until last night that the kingdom bonuses apply even if it's not your home kingdom. My highest priority just went from beefing up a souls farming team to throwing gold at magic kingdoms.

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle
I got the invite but it looks like the guild is full.

I've just been Exploring non-stop trying to get enough traitstones to trait out my hero class.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Mazreal posted:

I got the invite but it looks like the guild is full.

I've just been Exploring non-stop trying to get enough traitstones to trait out my hero class.

Combaticus beat you to the punch for the last spot. Gem Blossoms may have some room still. Otherwise I think we have at least one spot opening up shortly.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Gem Blossums is at 30/30 members. That's why I asked Zetsubou-san whether they were still playing. If no response in the next day or so, I will boot them and send out an invite to Mazreal.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Found the very first team I refuse to fight (usual MO being not caring at all who's on the other side) : War and 3x Famine, fully traited. I had a couple ideas to counter them, but figured it just wasn't worth it.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

seravid posted:

Found the very first team I refuse to fight (usual MO being not caring at all who's on the other side) : War and 3x Famine, fully traited. I had a couple ideas to counter them, but figured it just wasn't worth it.

That sounds like hell lol

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Grundulum posted:

Zetsubou-san, you're showing no battles for 20 days. Are you still playing, or can I offer your spot to the next player who comes looking to join a goon guild?

It's been three or so days, and you haven't responded here, in guild chat or by doing a battle in-game. I'm booting you to make room for Mazreal. If you are still playing, let me know and you'll get the next open spot.

Mazreal, look for an invite.

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle
Hey, thanks, I'm in gem blossoms now.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I'm glad the game was kind enough to give me a Goblin Rocket because holy poo poo is this card good

Pointsman
Oct 9, 2010

If you see me posting about fitness
ASK ME HOW MY HELLRAISER TRAINING IS GOING

Weeping Wound posted:

I'm glad the game was kind enough to give me a Goblin Rocket because holy poo poo is this card good

I ran Hero + Alchemist + 2x Goblin Rocket for a long time and it shredded but its a bit less good now because they increased the Goblin Rocket mana cost

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I always found Boar Rider better because you could set up a 4 match more easily. And Rocket wasn't a marauder, when that mattered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninguno
Jan 17, 2011

starkebn posted:

I always found Boar Rider better because you could set up a 4 match more easily. And Rocket wasn't a marauder, when that mattered.

It seems like this is true, until you start to recognize the goblin rocket setups. being able to do different combinations of 2x2, 3x2 and 3x3 is pretty drat versatile