Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
good

i'm glad the man stands by his principles

now let him mark a spot on your map where you'll DIE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

You'd really think they'd have given you some sort of out where you reform the raiding gangs into productive citizens.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Sometimes things just don't load right, leave the area and come back in and it should unfuck itself. I had the deathtrap/arena glitch out on me and not spawn the 2nd wave of enemies, so I was locked in a sealed room until I loaded an earlier save.

Icedude posted:

I had that, verifying the game cache fixed it for me. The game's failing to go into the cinematic conversation camera for some reason.

Verifying cache and reloading didn't work, but the cinemetics thing gave me another idea. I play with the cinematic camera off and turned it back on after it broke, and that kicked off Williams conversation.

Not sure how a bug like that slips through but then again it is Bethesda.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

Allen Wren posted:

You'd really think they'd have given you some sort of out where you reform the raiding gangs into productive citizens.

That sounds like Colter talk to me, boss.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I can get quest settlements like covenant if I just roll in guns blazing right

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

hobb posted:

Verifying cache and reloading didn't work, but the cinemetics thing gave me another idea. I play with the cinematic camera off and turned it back on after it broke, and that kicked off Williams conversation.

Not sure how a bug like that slips through but then again it is Bethesda.

Huh, I didn't even know turning that off was an option. Considering verifying reset all my settings I guess it had just gotten turned off for me somehow.

I guess that also explains why I didn't have the camera in any other conversation until I did that.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Huszsersvn posted:

You get the pleasure of dealing with your own settlers, running them off the land you gave them. And Preston Garvey will hate you for doing it, even if he's not present at the time.

what the heck, bethesda? if you play this DLC to its full extent you have to kill your own existing settlers? really?

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

pmchem posted:

what the heck, bethesda? if you play this DLC to its full extent you have to kill your own existing settlers? really?

You can just threaten them or pay them off with caps if you want to be non-violent about it, but yeah "gently caress you and your settlements" is the name of the game it seems.

Also for bonus points, when setting up the first raider settlement you have to travel back and forth between Nuka-Town and the settlement you're setting up like 3 times, so have fun with that if you're playing Survival :suicide:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

pmchem posted:

i would think siding with the minutemen and siding with raiders would be incompatible, and you shouldn't attempt to do it in one save if you're trying to maintain consistency. i'm starting a new rear end in a top hat save for this dlc.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

pmchem posted:

Meh, most of 'em are wastes of meat oxygen anyway.

Screw these little pissant settlements, anyway, I wanna take over those two Gunner Vaults and Gunner Plaza and pretty much eradicate the Gunner gang from the Wasteland. :black101:

Also I want to turn Diamond City into the Blood Bowl.

Realistically, gonna Raider-up the pissy little useless settlements - Hangman's Alley, Covenant, Croup Manor, Costal Cottage, Kingsport Lighthouse, Boston Airport, Jamaica Plain and Outpost Zimonja.

Hmmm, maybe I can provide some travel opportunities and let 'em have the Park HQ and Fog Crawler Spawn/Farm out at Far Harbor...

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Ah Bethesda. Exploring moral complexity not by offering you compelling and nuanced choices, but by literally forcing you to bring Armageddon to one side or the other by way of no other options. Their games - which for the record, I love anyway - are like a clown that cartwheels into the room and asks you ridiculous hypotheticals like, "If you had to choose, would you kill your own mother or just everyone you've ever gone to school with?" and thinks it's super deep.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Meh, most of 'em are wastes of meat oxygen anyway.

Screw these little pissant settlements, anyway, I wanna take over those two Gunner Vaults and Gunner Plaza and pretty much eradicate the Gunner gang from the Wasteland. :black101:

Also I want to turn Diamond City into the Blood Bowl.

Realistically, gonna Raider-up the pissy little useless settlements - Hangman's Alley, Covenant, Croup Manor, Costal Cottage, Kingsport Lighthouse, Boston Airport, Jamaica Plain and Outpost Zimonja.

Hmmm, maybe I can provide some travel opportunities and let 'em have the Park HQ and Fog Crawler Spawn/Farm out at Far Harbor...

So how does the first quest raid work anyway? Can you pick where it is, or is it set?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I'm just going to choose a raider gang in Nukaworld, but not let them into the Commonwealth. The Commonwealth is for free men. Nukaworld can be my evil play place.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Midnight Voyager posted:

So how does the first quest raid work anyway? Can you pick where it is, or is it set?

You pick from a set of them - Shank, your raid planner, picks one out from a bunch of settlements that have outlying farms nearby.

"Boss, you already own that settlement."

A) "Does it matter?"
B) "I've changed my mind."
C) "You mistake me for someone who gives a poo poo."
D) "Yep. Let's pull the trigger on them."

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Midnight Voyager posted:

Excellent question - I've yet to go meet the dude at Fizzytop, because I've wandered out into the desolation to shoot rats and pick garbage. :v: Might go check out the Nuka-Cade and other doorways at the initial area before heading up.

Also shooting every single explodable vehicle. :supaburn:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Huszsersvn posted:

You pick from a set of them - Shank, your raid planner, picks one out from a bunch of settlements that have outlying farms nearby.

A) "Does it matter?"

I can't tell if this is a joke post or not. :ohdear:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
So do you need the CHA perks to get stuff out of raider settlement building? I hate settlement building, and it feels like a vast majority of the DLC is devoted to it.

Icedude posted:

Well you can clear out all the parks without doing anything evil, but after that it's "gently caress you you're doing raider settlements now" with no alternative, so I guess I hit the point where I'll have to kill everyone :shrug:

Man, I really regret my season pass purchase.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Huszsersvn posted:

A) "Does it matter?"

Does that mean you've changed your mind about attacking the settlement, or that you've changed your mind about owning it?

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Option B is the former, option D is the latter.

edit: Oh God, Preston not only finds out immediately when you do so, he has words with you when you get back to him. Thanks for laying on the guilt trip, game!

Huszsersvn fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Aug 31, 2016

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Huszsersvn posted:

edit: Oh God, Preston not only finds out immediately when you do so, he has words with you when you get back to him. Thanks for laying on the guilt trip, game!

what does he say

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

I've barely scratched the surface but seeing the girl from the Nuka Cola Museum was pretty cool.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
For the hubology quest, there are actually two endings. You can either install three power cores as indicated by the quest description, or four. Doing the latter has...interesting side effects.

Has anyone found if going all the way to being a level 8 Hubologist does anything other than scam you out of money? Didn't seem to get any different dialog or anything.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
So I played a good character, just means I can skip this one and uninstall the game entirely? Great!

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Huszsersvn posted:

Dear God, you were being serious.

In retrospect, after how lovely the Season Pass was I imagine burning the commonwealth and salting the earth seems like a pretty peachy option.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Malek posted:

So I played a good character, just means I can skip this one and uninstall the game entirely? Great!

You can kill everyone and steal their poo poo I guess.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Having come late to the party, this is a good game, a good expansion and the season pass seems to be pretty good value for money, especially when compared to other season passes for games? I know I don't regret it like, say, the BioShock: Infinite one.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
^^^ Is that a question or a statement?

If a question.

Short version: No
Long version: Hell No

Deified Data posted:

You can kill everyone and steal their poo poo I guess.

Better writing then going with the raiders. :v: But no, think I'm calling this game.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Malek posted:

^^^ Is that a question or a statement?

If a question.

Short version: No
Long version: Hell No

Better writing then going with the raiders. :v: But no, think I'm calling this game.

Little of column A, little of column B, but I'm one of those people that likes Bethesda open world games especially and liked Fallout 3 much more than Fallout: New Vegas.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

I have remade the theme park into a utopia of death and silence. None of the raiders, least of all their bosses, remain alive. Raider Radio is down, its disc jockey having fled on the outset of combat. The night is over, and I am reborn.

edit: No reconciliation with Preston Garvey is possible. He is still disgusted with my actions, and purifying Nuka-World somehow doesn't affect that view.

Huszsersvn fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 31, 2016

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Just encountered the funniest bug - after killing all the raiders and letting time pass, everyone who previously had a bomb collar has managed to get rid of them - along with all their clothes. The market is now a collection of traders in their underwear.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
what was the mod people were suggesting to install to make survival a little less strict

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I'm just coming back to this after not having played it since launch. I'm one the xbone, what are good mods since the bethesda site won't let me sort by star rating, especially ones that rework the perk system.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Kokoro Wish posted:

Little of column A, little of column B, but I'm one of those people that likes Bethesda open world games especially and liked Fallout 3 much more than Fallout: New Vegas.

as someone who couldn't care less about settlement building, this season pass was basically garbage, especially now with a dlc that i cant even get the full enjoyment of because im not playing an rear end in a top hat. if i had spent $50 on it i would have been pissed.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Huszsersvn posted:

edit: No reconciliation with Preston Garvey is possible. He is still disgusted with my actions, and purifying Nuka-World somehow doesn't affect that view.

I have several settlements completely devoid of settlers but claimed. I wonder if I can give them to the raiders without issue.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
I like exploring the areas around the park - I get a Mad Max kinda feeling while wandering around, seriously wish there was a car in this game... Makes me wish it was bigger, too.

I haven't really started exploring the park yet though, hopefully there's interesting poo poo in there, too.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

How can you do the Minutemen ending if you pissed off Preston?

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
well, after the initial introduction I'm not sure I'm sold on the DLC.

I went to clear out one of the areas for the gangs and it was just 3 straight hours of shooting robots, no dialogue, no interesting items, nothing.

I had that legendary handmade rifle, 700 rounds with crazy sneak crits and I still spent 30 minutes knifing robots to death after I ran out of ammo, christ.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Once I get finished with my current New Vegas playthrough I'm going to roll a new Fallout 4 character and finally play all the DLC while I'm at it. I'm planning not to bother becoming general of the Minutemen this time around, and probably won't do any settlement business at all that isn't just setting up my own storage area. Maybe a dumb question, but does ignoring regular settlement building limit any of the Nuka World content? Can you still raze just as many settlements and attack just as many settlers even if none of them are "yours?"

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Nichael posted:

How can you do the Minutemen ending if you pissed off Preston?

In the base game, he functions as your second-in-command but refuses to actually travel with you if you piss him off. He still gives Minuteman missions but won't help you hurt anyone

Johnny Landmine posted:

Once I get finished with my current New Vegas playthrough I'm going to roll a new Fallout 4 character and finally play all the DLC while I'm at it. I'm planning not to bother becoming general of the Minutemen this time around, and probably won't do any settlement business at all that isn't just setting up my own storage area. Maybe a dumb question, but does ignoring regular settlement building limit any of the Nuka World content? Can you still raze just as many settlements and attack just as many settlers even if none of them are "yours?"

The raider stuff probably won't be hurt at all. It's an alternative to building up settlements: you send an army to take over an area and they all automatically bring the loot back to your one hub base of choice.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Are Raider 'settlements' also subject to attack like the regular ones? Do you get radiant quests ala Garvey?

• Locked thread