Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
I'm thinking about BV for the new league -- I just can't remember if that works with poison or not -- I think so, but anyone remember, or have better ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yes, Poison works very much with Blade Vortex. There was some griping a couple pages ago regarding that.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Shinino Kage posted:

I'm thinking about BV for the new league -- I just can't remember if that works with poison or not -- I think so, but anyone remember, or have better ideas?

poison is basically a chaos dot dealing 10% over 2 seconds, scaled off a hit that dealt physical and/or chaos damage (and since poison isn't a hit it isn't recursive)

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
and it stackssssssssssssss

inifinitelyyyyyyyy

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

gonadic io posted:

Don't forget the other one:

I wonder if I could get away with doing LL champion with this and with Aegis. Yes there's the reduced block, but it's not that hard to overcap by 30% especially if you take a bunch of Reckless Defence jewels. I need to sit down and see whether 200% increased global armor from LL champion would beat out the jugg's 100% more from the chest piece.

Holy gently caress, 4k armor on a chest piece?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Shinino Kage posted:

Holy gently caress, 4k armor on a chest piece?

The correct response is "holy gently caress, no extra crit damage?"

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

The Real Foogla posted:

poison is basically a chaos dot dealing 10% over 2 seconds, scaled off a hit that dealt physical and/or chaos damage (and since poison isn't a hit it isn't recursive)

It's 10% per second for 2 seconds. 20% total, and it double dips with a ton of things, including lasting 50% longer if the enemy has temporal chains on them.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

TheRat posted:

The correct response is "holy gently caress, no extra crit damage?"

sadly it doesn't stack with indomitable, which would be hilarious

does save you a couple of skill points though

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

killstealing posted:

does save you a couple of skill points though

It's also over 3 times as powerful.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

killstealing posted:

drat, that would be funny.

"Oh, you have the Deadly monster aura? BRING IT ON MOTHERFUCKER"

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

TheRat posted:

It's also over 3 times as powerful.

yeah, but it'd be funny as hell to turn critical hits into critical fumbles

alas, we'll have to be content with a full armor set worth of armor in 1 piece + 3 big nodes

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
So what gear is going to spike with ZiggyD going Pathfinder BV? And is there another way to do BV that won't hit the same items?

(Presuming Div, maybe Void Battery?)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Shinino Kage posted:

So what gear is going to spike with ZiggyD going Pathfinder BV? And is there another way to do BV that won't hit the same items?

(Presuming Div, maybe Void Battery?)

I dont think either of those two will be affected by ziggyd. And in any case, only on of them is worth using.
E: All over, I feel like BV is fairly streamer-price-proof.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yeah the no extra crit damage mod is insane. Makes all those rippy crit mods on maps completely free.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

If anything it'll be Shavronne's Wrappings, as that's the only unique that particularly matters for Pathfinder BV. But Ziggy is obviously not going to go LL for his first build of the league.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ultima66 posted:

If anything it'll be Shavronne's Wrappings, as that's the only unique that particularly matters for Pathfinder BV. But Ziggy is obviously not going to go LL for his first build of the league.

If you wanna go expensive you might aswell include skyforth and headhunter to the void battery and shavs. And no, none of those will be affected by DiggyZ

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Can I get an invite please next time someone's on? Pharnakes

E: Also what's the recommended site for item mods these days?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Pharnakes posted:

Can I get an invite please next time someone's on? Pharnakes

E: Also what's the recommended site for item mods these days?

invited.

http://poeaffix.net/

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm currently thinking Arc IW non-crit Hierophant for my first character, moving away from EK. I can put Arc in a 4L hat for free 20% elemental penetration (Arc/Echo/Pen/Added Light?) and use Geofri's and later a Vertex. If I put it in a Vertex doesn't that make Arc free since 50% reduced mana from Hierophant and 50% reduced from Vertex?

20% pen from Hierophant, 37% pen from the gem, 5% from the passive for a total of 63% lightning pen on Arc is pretty okay.

Put Stormcall in boots for free 2% leech for bosses.

Rest of it doesn't matter, probably depends on what essences can do to rares. I'll put Wrath in an Essence Worm maybe and run 100% unreserved with a Clear Mind jewel and 40% MoM for extra defense.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
Carcass jack is probably going to be expensive, but it's not really necessary, a 6L rare is better than a 5L 'jack most of the time.

I'm going to run berserker blade vortex, heavily inspired by rodent's trees. Could always respec to chieftain RF Vortex w/ pyre if I'm bored of blade vorting.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

need an invite back, ign is kingkonginthetrunk

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

baram. posted:

need an invite back, ign is kingkonginthetrunk

done

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where the gently caress is funman? Its been days since ive seen him on and im worried. Getting hyped for new league i presume?

Funman i have your money. Mostly. Lets trade.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716228 patch note hype

Hauki
May 11, 2010

actual patch notes

efb while i was trying to paste in code, but a bunch of poo poo is wayyy too long and breaks tables and :effort: trying to reformat

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

quote:

The trap/mine behaviour of Bladefall has been made more consistent with other traps/mines. The blades fall from the mine itself, not targeting the location where the monster is. (They will fall in the direction of the monster though).

Booooooo. That was the best part of them.. Dropping a spell totem that cast detonate mine and spamming bladefall mine to kill everything on the screen was AMAZING. And totally OP, I suppose. :(

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

legacy reach + voidhearts

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Eat poo poo CoC and Frost Wall abuses.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Highlights:
*Medium hideouts hold 4, large hideouts all seven. Leo and Navali don't count towards this limit. Navali is rescued in The Climb.
*Create character button greyed out if you're out of slots
*More quests give out utility flasks as rewards
*New voice for Zana (please don't have it suck like the new Ranger)
*FASTER EMERGING SPIDERS
*Cast on Crit/Melee Kill and similar triggers from uniques now only cast one active gem at a time
*Frost Wall is no longer considered an enemy and will no longer destroy your own projectiles. RIP Lightning Arrow/Frost Wall
*CoCS has 500ms cooldown, but 100% chance to cast on crit
*drat near every melee skill but Earthquake got its damage increased
*Low level spells too
*Earthquakes aftershock is now 50% (from 60%), radius down, mana cost up
*Blade Vortex is now 20 stacks maximum, but higher damage
*Discharge now deals 35% less damage when triggered (bye bye CoC Discharge :laugh:)
*Bladefall now is cast at the mine/trap location, not the monster it's targeting (rip)
*Voidheart's chance to poison/bleed now 30-50%
*Reach of the Council's damage has been dropped quite a bit
*Unrelenting now only gives 30% chance to gain max endurance charges (rip)
*Elemental Conflux now cycles between which status effect it causes over a 10 second period (rip)
*Poison is now 8% of phys/chaos damage (from 10%, double-dipping to be addressed in the future)

And there will be a passive tree reset

I gotta say, I agree with most of these nerfs.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Well means I'm never selling my legacy reach. Though I have a few leg voidhearts to offload

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
THE COIN MAN IS BACK!

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
I'm...tentatively optimistic about these changes being in the right direction...I dont know poo poo though.

Not sure how I feel about the bladevortex thing as far as my build goes, I guess it means I no longer need as much cast speed and I can replace one of those gems with something else to help increase the missing damage, but...eh...gently caress now I actually have to think.

It's still probably going to be plenty strong enough to destroy uber izaro without much effort, and likely make maping that much easier since I get more damage for my initial casts...

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Ah, knew I should have logged in last week and liquidated my heretics veil to buy voidheart/reach.

What you get for being lazy.

Does the discharge trigger nerf apply to mjolner as well? I'm assuming yes.

EDIT: After actually reading notes, yep.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Aug 31, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

glad i got to play a coc build once at least

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

lurksion posted:

Ah, knew I should have logged in last week and liquidated my heretics veil to buy voidheart/reach.

What you get for being lazy.

Does the discharge trigger nerf apply to mjolner as well? I'm assuming yes.

Yes

Awesome! posted:

glad i got to play a coc build once at least

I only gave it one attempt way back when and I my gear/build sucked :smith:

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
CoC was super fun and I have a hard time imagining what these changes look like but I'm going to be really sad if they gut it. Like I see a nerf to the coc playstyle in general and then I read something like 'fireball damage +50%" and I have a really hard time imagining how these things work together to make the game more fun. coc was hella fun and selfcast fireball is loving awful, in terms of just pure fun/novelty. I guess I'll have to see it in action to really understand.

"Cast on Critical Strike now has a 500ms cooldown, and will now only trigger one spell per frame when you critically strike. It now has 100% chance to trigger casts when you critically strike. It now has 20% more spell damage at level 1, tapered up to 39% at level 20 (1% per level). Note that the changes described above in "Triggered Skill Improvements" affect Cast on Critical Strike - spells are chosen in the order of their sockets."

Does this mean you can only cast 1 spell per .5 seconds? I don't understand how the gem has a 500ms cooldown , but also, can only trigger 1 spell per frame. can someone please explain this? 2 spells/second seems really slow why not just self-cast at this point? or does that mean if you have 4 unsupported spells (lmao...coc setup without support gems) then you get up to 4 spells per 500ms cooldown? assuming you hit 4 times or 4 enemies or whatever in that one critical strike action? Does anyone understand what exactly these changes look like you attack with any current sort of CoC setup (fakener, phys coc, gmp based barrage/ST coc)?

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 31, 2016

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I hate to be a similar pain in the butt, but in preparation for the new patch, might as well ask for a re-invite to the guild, on as Clibanarius.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

MannersPlease posted:

I have a really hard time imagining how these things work together to make the game more fun.
for a lot of people, others clearing faster than them negatively impacts their "fun" because they are children

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Vasudus posted:

Wishlist:

Voidheart legacy only CLOSE
No poison double dipping SOON(tm)
Reach nerfed/legacy YES
Cospris nerfed/legacy NO
Melee skills other than EQ buff YES
Minor shield charge nerf NO

I got almost everything I wanted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Would like a guild invite please, never joined before but I think I'll be playing enough this league to make it worth it. IGN is Ghostleg. Thanks.

• Locked thread