Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh they just had another one this is like pretty easy huh

edit: welp there's three guess I'm in the phione farming business now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Super No Vacancy posted:

yo manaphy thirsty

sometimes it's quick like this, sometimes you'll go back and forth like thirty times. you'll get used to it :(

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bongo Bill posted:

I wish to see replays.
I have this.

I also have a replay of Sudowoodo ruining a team of Wobbuffets with Toxic but I don't know how to upload that.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Spatula City posted:

I'm not even sure if 3DS Pokemon games can be datamined in the way older Pokemon games were.

Isn't this how all the remaining gen 6 legendaries AND Mega Latios/as got leaked?

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Super No Vacancy posted:

With the Oval charm, and 2 different OT same species mons, you can expect eggs almost instantly.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I hope that all the Pokémon I've bred in the Gen VI games don't become obsolete in Sun and Moon. I mean, I know they probably will since movepool tweaks are bound to happen and new egg moves will probably become the new staples, but I can hope right :smith:

Anyway, has anyone made a tally of all the old Pokémon that appeared in Sun and Moon trailers yet? They might be clues to who isn't getting Alolan forms.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zuzie posted:

Anyway, has anyone made a tally of all the old Pokémon that appeared in Sun and Moon trailers yet? They might be clues to who isn't getting Alolan forms.

While I haven't done this, the Japanese Sun/Moon site has pages for several Kanto Pokemon, and I think those are the ones that appeared in the trailers. As such, we can expect these Pokemon to not get Alola forms:
-Dragonite
-Zubat
-Gyarados
-Spearow
-Pinsir
-Lapras
-Arcanine
-Psyduck

All of these show their full evolution lines too, so I wouldn't expect Golbat, Crobat, Fearow or Golduck, either.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

lezard_valeth posted:

Isn't this how all the remaining gen 6 legendaries AND Mega Latios/as got leaked?

i remember the names of the gen 6 event legendaries were found by people putting in whatever names they could think of into the gts and seeing what was accepted

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Hoopa

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Hoopb- oh wait, that first one worked?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

sharrrk posted:

i remember the names of the gen 6 event legendaries were found by people putting in whatever names they could think of into the gts and seeing what was accepted

This owns

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
But I'm pretty sure I saw Volcanion's image like early 2014 before ORAS was even announced. Together with Mega Latios/As and 2 unused moves for Zygarde (Thousand Arrows and Thousand Streams or something)

Found it:

http://www.gameskinny.com/ehzo6/pokemon-x-y-leaked-legendaries-diancie-volcanion-and-hoopa

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Aug 31, 2016

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

sharrrk posted:

as a degenerate little girl, i can confirm that contests are good

Ugh, the contests were the best. I miss my beautiful Masquerain in emerald. I am disappointed every gen when they don't do contests and was surprised it wasn't in XY. It was a great break away from the constant battling and gave not so great pokemon a great chance to shine. And if it had online play, that would be even better. WHY WON'T GAME FREAK LET ME AND MY FRIENDS BE FABULOUS!?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Excuse me but screw contests, I want Pokeathlon back and with more minigames akin Stadium's

Hell, I would be happy just with Online Pokeathlon

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
Actually that would be good too. I just want something other than online battling, battle chateau/frontier or whatever. It's like how the best thing about FFX was Blitzball. Haha.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I agree that SuMo should have blitzball

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Is it at all possible to generate Pokemon for gen 6 and if so, how?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
My perfect Pokemon game wishlist includes:

- Online Pokeathlon
- Online Contest (eh, why not?)
- More character customization (body type, age, MOAR CLOTHES)
- Pokemon related jobs (ie. chase Team Skull atop a Sharpedo while they try to smuggle Pokeblocks across Kalos, Chansey E.R simulator)

Basically any activities that are bound to happen in a world where humans and Pokemon have lived together since the dawn of time other than Pokemon fights and IV breeding.

Like I never forgave XY for telling you that your mom was this famous Rhyhorn racer champion, tease you with a glimpse of the racing field and never let you participate in said Chocobo Rhyhorn races

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Aug 31, 2016

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

astrollinthepork posted:

Is it at all possible to generate Pokemon for gen 6 and if so, how?

Powersaves, which is additional hardware you'd have to buy and only works if you have a physical cartridge. As far as I know there are no fake GTS shenanigans in play at the moment.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Spatula City posted:

actually, what happened was that a game store in Canada inadvertently sold copies of X and Y a week early, and several people started posting screenshots, and doing everything they could to find all of the new Pokemon. IIRC one of them was having trouble evolving Inkay, and then was like "no, wait, it couldn't be this..." and held the 3DS system upside down. SURE ENOUGH. Obviously people could have found out from game guides.

I'm not even sure if 3DS Pokemon games can be datamined in the way older Pokemon games were.

People have figured out how to look into 3DS games now.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

The leak that's was out before the release also said there was a Pokemon that evolved when the 3DS was turned upside down which is probably why anyone tried it in the first place.

If I remember correctly, the leaker was a playtester, which is how they found out.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

I agree that SuMo should have blitzball

blitzball was terrible

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ruggington posted:

blitzball was terrible

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You mean you didn't enjoy scoring once and then kiting endlessly???

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

hopeandjoy posted:

The leak that's was out before the release also said there was a Pokemon that evolved when the 3DS was turned upside down which is probably why anyone tried it in the first place.

If I remember correctly, the leaker was a playtester, which is how they found out.

I remember while we were in the grips of Goomy madness as XY was getting leaked, our leaker discovering how to get Goodra seemed like a big deal.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Super No Vacancy posted:

Some things to keep in mind for breeding that make it go faster (not that you're having trouble) are:

Pokemon of the same species make eggs more often
Pokemon with different Trainer IDs make eggs more often
Pokemon of the same species with different Trainer IDs make eggs the most often
Pokemon of different species, but still in the same egg group, and the same Trainer ID WILL eventually produce eggs. It just takes longer. As long as the Daycare person says anything besides "The two prefer to play with other Pokemon," you will get an egg.

The Key Item called the Oval Charm, which you get from the Professor for completing the Regional Pokedex, makes Pokemon produce eggs more often across the board.

Also, females pass down their Pokeball to their offspring; genderless Pokemon cannot inherit Pokeballs by any means whatsoever. :( This makes me sad.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

The Key Item called the Oval Charm, which you get from the Professor for completing the Regional Pokedex, makes Pokemon produce eggs more often across the board.
Think of it like a JO Crystal but for pokemon.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I want a PC box that's a trade wish list along with a PC box that's things you will give away for anything on that list, so someone can come by and have options for trading you the thing you want. In addition to being able to trade specific mon for mon.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

For as much as the GTS helped trading stuff online be a thing, the actual real-time online trading system still kind of sucks and needs a lot of work. without any real way to communicate with people it's just you showing pokemon to them and hoping they figure out something you want

a wishlist option would help a lot

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lezard_valeth posted:

After 2 weeks my body is in so much need for Sun/Moon leaks that I clicked fully aware that behind the link would probably be either some fantasy anime girl power or a fat guy cosplaying as the fantasy anime girl.

How much longer must we wait Gameforge :argh:

We are definitely getting Sun/Moon info during tomorrow's Nintendo Direct.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
So I just hatched a ballin' shiny Ralts with great IVs, but she has Synchronize. If I use an ability capsule on her, will she keep Trace through all her evolutions, or can it switch back to Synchronize? Obviously at that point, I can just wait until she's a Gardevoir, but it'd be nice to know if I can do it right away.

I also have 43 BP. It's 1 BP per battle at the Maison, right? What's the fastest way to grind up the remaining 157 BP I need? Triple/Double/Singles?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Reinanigans posted:

So I just hatched a ballin' shiny Ralts with great IVs, but she has Synchronize. If I use an ability capsule on her, will she keep Trace through all her evolutions, or can it switch back to Synchronize? Obviously at that point, I can just wait until she's a Gardevoir, but it'd be nice to know if I can do it right away.

I also have 43 BP. It's 1 BP per battle at the Maison, right? What's the fastest way to grind up the remaining 157 BP I need? Triple/Double/Singles?

It won't switch back.

Also, you can get a fuckton of BP by leaving pokemon in Bank. Not sure which battle method is the fastest way to generate it though.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Zore posted:

It won't switch back.

Also, you can get a fuckton of BP by leaving pokemon in Bank. Not sure which battle method is the fastest way to generate it though.

Yeah, that 43 BP is from Bank. Does the amount of points you get from Bank increase depending on the number of Pokémon currently in the bank?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Reinanigans posted:

Yeah, that 43 BP is from Bank. Does the amount of points you get from Bank increase depending on the number of Pokémon currently in the bank?

Yep.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

mastajake posted:

If they do horde battles again, they need to speed up the battle text. They were badass but took too long to do anything.

If they do it again, I hope they let you send out more than one Pokemon and let you capture before you knock out all but one. Sitting by as five wild Pokemon slowly demolish you stats and whittle down your HP with scratch damage just for a shot at the single one you want to capture, heaven forbid the horde have two things you want to catch, is an enormously irritating experience.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Speaking of hatching shinies I am about 900 hatches into my Masuda+shiny charm attempt and I'm starting to lose my mind

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Reinanigans posted:

...wait, you can get BP just from having things in Bank? Tell me more.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yeah, I got like 20000 BP by leaving a couple hundred pokes int he bank.

Its really nice and lets me actually deck people out with good items, change abilities etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Ruggington posted:

blitzball was terrible

it was great actually, just too easy