Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

waiver wire keepers take up your bottom round selection,

So that's explicitly covered. Jennings costs a last-round pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, Rashad was undrafted, so he'd be my 16th pick.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is this the place for me to back off my Laquon Treadwell pick?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
So why would people say Olsen is worth 4th round pick? I thought that TEs generally go a little later than that. Is it because he's a safe guaranteed pick, and there's less depth in the league at the TE spot?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I was kind of going back and forth on it. I think it's borderline. In a keeper league where most teams will keep 4 players, everyone's ADP probably goes up a little. And he's probably the second or third TE in the league, behind Gronk and then maybe Kelce. (Some folks might argue Reed ahead of him too, but I personally don't think so - I think Washington is severely over-hyped this year and still has to prove its a team that can win games.)

Olsen's ADP is #43, which is 4th round. If you like Olsen and only have three other keepers you feel strongly about, it's not a horrible pick. But yeah, you could certainly wait on TE and take WR/RB depth there instead.

My opinion on Reed is probably unpopular.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Aug 30, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Leperflesh posted:

However, correct

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
GoonTier is looking for two (maybe three) replacement teams. Two different leagues of 12 teams each with IDP. Top 3 teams get promoted from one league, bottom 3 teams get relegated from the other. $20 buy in; draft is set for Sunday, Sept 4th at 9:00 pm eastern / 6:00 pm pacific

Priority goes to people already on our waiting list (not all of you have plat -- looking at you Professor Moriarty)

2016 Waiting List

quote:

Michael Corleone
Professor Moriarty
Lock
Its Miller Time
Green Gloves

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785840

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Sorry for the repost but I draft tomorrow and have been agonizing over this. My attempts to trade up in my 12 team PPR redraft league with return yard points were unsuccessful so I suspect I cannot get both of these guys. Who do you guys like at pick 22 - Devonta Freeman or Jarvis Landry?

I think Landry has one of the highest floors in the league but the dearth of reliable RBs has me considering Devonta. I'm avoiding him in standard this year but like him a lot in PPR.

I'll get OBJ or Julio at 3 and pick again at 27 where my best options are likely Lacy/TY Hilton/Demaryius.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Leperflesh posted:

I was kind of going back and forth on it. I think it's borderline. In a keeper league where most teams will keep 4 players, everyone's ADP probably goes up a little. And he's probably the second or third TE in the league, behind Gronk and then maybe Kelce. (Some folks might argue Reed ahead of him too, but I personally don't think so - I think Washington is severely over-hyped this year and still has to prove its a team that can win games.)

Olsen's ADP is #43, which is 4th round. If you like Olsen and only have three other keepers you feel strongly about, it's not a horrible pick. But yeah, you could certainly wait on TE and take WR/RB depth there instead.

This is a very important piece. I am doing a keeper league for the first time and it is something that all of my friends have overlooked.

When 20+ players are kept, there are a lot of holes in the draft and every remaining player gets shifted up in order to fill them. As an example, you may not want to keep someone like T.Y. Hilton as a third round pick normally, but if 15 players ahead of him are on rosters before the draft even begins then he could realistically be the twelfth player off the board despite his 27th ADP. In that case, getting him as a late third round keeper would make sense.

Always keep other team's keepers in mind because it could be the deciding factor on if your own keepers provide extra value or not.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Sorry for the repost but I draft tomorrow and have been agonizing over this. My attempts to trade up in my 12 team PPR redraft league with return yard points were unsuccessful so I suspect I cannot get both of these guys. Who do you guys like at pick 22 - Devonta Freeman or Jarvis Landry?

I think Landry has one of the highest floors in the league but the dearth of reliable RBs has me considering Devonta. I'm avoiding him in standard this year but like him a lot in PPR.

I'll get OBJ or Julio at 3 and pick again at 27 where my best options are likely Lacy/TY Hilton/Demaryius.

You are right about the dirth of talent at the RB position. Freeman has his highest value in PPR and I would probably take him at that position since there are plenty of viable WR2's later.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

Is this the place for me to back off my Laquon Treadwell pick?

My-loving-word :barf:

Also, see Zypher's post above. Goontier is looking for fine goons like you.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I was just thinking this morning about how this preseason has been relatively light in terms of injuries that affected fantasy lineups

...and nothing has changed

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hearing dislocated kneecap from the other thread. For it to happen you have to tear MCL, PCL, ACL and meniscus. Yikes.

see: Culpepper, Livingston.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Gobias Ind. posted:

In all my PPR drafts so far, i've been basically grabbing a RB in the 3/4th round area if one falls and then grabbing a combination of Woodhead/DukeJohnson/Bernard around the 9+ round areas. For some reason Woodhead never gets love even in PPR leagues.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
My 12-team 0.5 PPR league is fairly solid, but I am hurting for RB depth. Current RB's are the following:

Eddie Lacy
Latavius Murray
Deandre Washington
Jerrick McKinnon

I know...here is what I am working with on the WW. Would James White be worth a pickup? I was planning on grabbing Dion Lewis to stash on IR, but he is simply listed as Out right now on ESPN and cannot go to an IR slot. Let me know if anyone else would be worth rostering, I would probably drop Sterling Shepard or Kamar Aiken.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
ESPN's rules say that anyone with an asterisk next to them is eligible for IR, by the way. So you could pick up Dion Lewis.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Are you really that flush with WRs (with those RBs I'm betting so) because I would probably rather have Aiken and Shepherd over any of those guys

That's a tough choice. Aiken provided decent value last year, especially down the stretch, so he'd have to have the edge over any rookie, but Shepherd is in a really good situation.

If they're battling out for your WR5 slot or something behind a bunch of studs, I'd probably drop Aiken and chase ceiling with Shepherd rather than settling for floor

e: I would pick up Lewis to stash and then use the roster spot on Morris personally

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Aug 31, 2016

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

kiimo posted:

Hearing dislocated kneecap from the other thread. For it to happen you have to tear MCL, PCL, ACL and meniscus. Yikes.

I dislocated my kneecap once and had none of those things happen. I recovered in like 4-6 months without surgery.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I think Michael Thomas is droppable in 12+ team re-draft if you're in a crunch. For all the OTA and camp praise, he's looked like poo poo in game action and I would bet my life savings that every NO passing target that isn't Cooks, and potentially Fleener if he actually gets his poo poo together, are going to cannibalize the poo poo out of each other. I would most certainly not keep him at the cost of losing Benjamin or Sharpe
Michael Thomas is absolutely worth owning in every league. Could catch 8+ TDs as a rookie and Brees/Payton already love the kid. Do not cut bait early on this one or you will regret it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Papes posted:

I dislocated my kneecap once and had none of those things happen. I recovered in like 4-6 months without surgery.

Did you have your kneecap floating around and cause people to throw up when they saw it? Cuz apparently that happened.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

kiimo posted:

Did you have your kneecap floating around and cause people to throw up when they saw it? Cuz apparently that happened.

But that's not exactly what you said?

kiimo posted:

I've also had a dislocated kneecap, but only with a bone bruise and a strained acl.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Minnesota Vikings posted:

Teddy Bridgewater suffered a non-contact injury today at practice. The injury was quickly identified as a dislocated knee. The injury was stabilized, and he was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment and evaluation. After undergoing an MRI, it was determined that Teddy suffered a complete tear to his ACL and other structural damage. Fortunately, there appears to be no nerve or arterial damage. Surgical repair will be scheduled within the next few days. Although the recovery time will be significant, we expect Teddy to make a full recovery. I would like to thank all of the medical professionals and our athletic training staff for all of their help today. Teddy has already displayed the attitude needed to overcome this injury and attack his rehab.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Tiptoes posted:

Michael Thomas is absolutely worth owning in every league. Could catch 8+ TDs as a rookie and Brees/Payton already love the kid. Do not cut bait early on this one or you will regret it.

I don't buy it, I could give you a list of rookies that coaches and QBs adulate who amount to dick. At worst, I think he's a guy who you could definitely stand to lose early on in re-draft and would likely have another shot at off the WW later in the year if he figures it out. Right now I'm having trouble finding excuses to use valuable roster space on him as a WR6 if you're talking about cutting guys in that Aiken/Benjamin/Shepherd/Coleman tier when all of those guys have likely just as high of a ceiling.

Keeper/dynasty is a different beast altogether. Also a really deep bench league, or if you're so flush with 4 or 5 really good WRs that you don't need contributing depth and you just want to stash-and-see. If you're qualifying it as a roster crunch (which was the qualifier I used) and you really need to drop someone, he'd be at the top of my list when compared to the guys mentioned.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Aug 31, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

VietCampo posted:

But that's not exactly what you said?

Just copying and pasting from the other thread I'm not a medical professional.

quote:

#Vikings confirm Teddy Bridgewater has a dislocated knee, torn ACL and other structural damage. Expect a full recovery.

Key part of statement from director of sports medicine/head ATC Eric Sugarman: no apparent nerve/arterial damage.

vvvvv my bad

kiimo fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 31, 2016

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Dislocated knee and dislocated kneecap are different injuries.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Forever_Peace posted:

Dislocated knee and dislocated kneecap are different injuries.

His knee is literally gone!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

The person that photoshops Teddy Bridgewater into a Cotton Hill-esq figure is my hero.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

His knee is in a better place :dings:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
This news about Jamaal Charles coming on slowly has coaxed me to drop Derek Carr (1 QB league) for Spencer Ware.

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!
12-team, full-point PPR, 6-pt for passing TD league:

QB - Luck
RB - Lamar Miller
RB - Arian Foster
WR - Demaryius
WR - Decker
TE - Gronk
DST - Bills
K - Who cares

Bench:
Jordan Matthews
Travis Benjamin
Devontae Booker
Derrick Henry
Wendell Smallwood
Mariota

Apparently I'm all in on bench rookies

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Boof Bonser posted:

12-team, full-point PPR, 6-pt for passing TD league:

QB - Luck
RB - Lamar Miller
RB - Arian Foster
WR - Demaryius
WR - Decker
TE - Gronk
DST - Bills
K - Who cares

Bench:
Jordan Matthews
Travis Benjamin
Devontae Booker
Derrick Henry
Wendell Smallwood
Mariota

Apparently I'm all in on bench rookies

Your team is pretty drat solid. I think DT and Decker are both underrated and should be solid in PPR. Foster I am not so sure about and would have liked to see someone like Woodhead, Sims, Powell, or even Riddick as backup. I really like the Derrick Henry pick, Smallwood is probably droppable at this point unless the wire is barren.

Also there is a thread for rating teams, you should check it out.

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Aug 31, 2016

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!
Yeah I hate my running back situation but I kinda hate the running back situation in 2016 FF generally.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
So, I ended up with Tannehill as my starting QB and backing him up with RG3, not the greatest situation in the world but serviceable IMO.

My question is, would I be crazy to consider going with RG3 week 1 against Philly and sitting Tannehill on the road in Seattle? Or am I already overthinking this?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Hixalot posted:

So, I ended up with Tannehill as my starting QB and backing him up with RG3, not the greatest situation in the world but serviceable IMO.

My question is, would I be crazy to consider going with RG3 week 1 against Philly and sitting Tannehill on the road in Seattle? Or am I already overthinking this?

You're already almost at streaming quality QB with Tanneyhull so no, streaming QBs is not the most terrible idea.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Hixalot posted:

Who else is available on the wire? I don't want either of them long term, so would be looking to start up a platoon now. If RG3 @ Philly is the best option, so be it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Would you rather own Tajae Sharpe or Rishard Matthews? .5 ppr

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Probably Rishard in redraft.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

Probably Rishard in redraft.

K that's who I drafted (last round pick), but I'm seeing notes about Tajae being the no. 1 now and it's got me confused. I don't like titan players.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Suave Fedora posted:

This news about Jamaal Charles coming on slowly has coaxed me to drop Derek Carr (1 QB league) for Spencer Ware.

Yeah, I'm dropping D Parker for him. It's scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

RVProfootballer posted:

Who else is available on the wire? I don't want either of them long term, so would be looking to start up a platoon now. If RG3 @ Philly is the best option, so be it.

Gabbert, Bradford, Hill are the top three on the wire. It is a contract keeper league so that makes things a bit different and harder to platoon.

• Locked thread