Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Peacebonding at cons goes waaaay back because people are fuckheads. Didn't see it myself, but I know someone who was involved in holding an impromptu *live steel* swordfight over Robert Asprin's head at one convention (Author GoH, an early SpoCon IIRC.) Another con, someone was packing around an actual Ruger Mini-14 as part of his costume ("it's OK, the bolt's been removed") - dude ended up in the Montana Freemen compound later on, and I believe after that. Another guy, in the Air Force, somehow managed to sneak his loving *M-16* off-base and across state lines.

And then there's the common drunk/high/overcaffeinated/twitchy-in-general type who *really really* wants to show off their (new/shiny/home-made) toy, and will happily do so in a crowded hallway/room party/evacuation due to some dolt pulling the fire alarm (why yes I've been to a lot of Radcons :v: ) and yeah, "bond everything" becomes a norm. (I've only seen some wands/magic gimcracks bonded, but I can see it happening becase 1) playing along with the costumer, for fun, followed by 2) "you did him/her, gotta do me!" and possibly 3) "it's a weapon like any other, just like that stuffed unicorn Deadpool is stabbing people with - no, the other Deadpool. No, the one in a wheel.. the one in a *powered* wheelchair. That one.")

If I ever get off my rear end and do it, I'm planning to do an Ogami Itto rig, with functioning (prop) weapons built into the babycart, and goddamn right I'm gonna insist they peacebond it. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ygolonac posted:

And then there's the common drunk/high/overcaffeinated/twitchy-in-general type who *really really* wants to show off their (new/shiny/home-made) toy

If people want to see how that turns out then come join us in the schadenfreude thread, or just go straight to youtube and do a search for 'dude showing off new sword at party cuts off friend's nose'

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong

A few pages back, but holy hell, someone cosplayed the mechanic from Kusomiso :aaaaa: :allears:
やらないか :wiggle:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It amuses me that all the GSG 9 operators just wear torn jeans on the job because gently caress it

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Is that a bulletproof face shield? Why is it so thick

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It turns out that hanging around at LAX in a Zorro costume while it's being evacuated due to reports of an active shooter is a bad idea.

https://twitter.com/sayczars/status/770110930885697537/video/1

Apparently there wasn't any shooter, just unidentified loud noises that people mistook for gunshots. It was probably ol' Zorro there cracking his whip. :haw:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Elsa posted:

Is that a bulletproof face shield? Why is it so thick

Probably surplus riot gear.

Also I'm almost done with my MEKA for dragoncon:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ygolonac posted:

Peacebonding at cons goes waaaay back because people are fuckheads.

I was at a Con this weekend and a friend of mine had to get his ukulele peacebonded.

(Actually this seems more sensible than peacebonding swords - you can only maim one person at a time with a sword, after all, while ukuleles can kill a whole room at once.)

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Jedit posted:

I was at a Con this weekend and a friend of mine had to get his ukulele peacebonded.

(Actually this seems more sensible than peacebonding swords - you can only maim one person at a time with a sword, after all, while ukuleles can kill a whole room at once.)

:rimshot:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jedit posted:

Plus the body could hide... hackeysacks...

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Great Team Valor leader cosplay. Can't describe with words the authenticity that drips off this costume.

Stunning Kristen Kringle cosplay. For all you Gotham fans out there, this was a real treat imo

JIGGLY PUFF!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Go on...

:pervert:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Where did SD find these pictures of my future wives?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Snatch Duster posted:

Great Team Valor leader cosplay. Can't describe with words the authenticity that drips off this costume.

Stunning Kristen Kringle cosplay. For all you Gotham fans out there, this was a real treat imo

JIGGLY PUFF!

Yeah everything else in this thread is definitely worse than this snatch duster. :jackbud:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

quote:

JIGGLY PUFF!

That shirt is awesome.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

oh no... not big tity honker's... someone stop him !!!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
If Snatch Duster ever had a point he was trying to make, I think he lost sight of it long ago.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
This thread was like 100% butts for a time, then 0% cheesecake for a while afterward. It's good to see it returned to its roots.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

oh no... not big tity honker's... someone stop him !!!

I'll get right on it.

After he posts a few more.

:five:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Oh no! My one weakness! Huge chest pillows!

Stop torturing me!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Yes a true salute to fine cosplay there, Snatch Duster: :fap:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The ironic thing is that the top one is actually cosplay :v:. It's Elexis Sinclair from SiN and SiN: Emergence.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Snatch Duster, please stop posting. Don't you see how much you're upsetting everyone?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Soon the thread will be just as creepy as he has been Chicken Littleing about it being.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I swear to GOD if Snatch Duster posts more big tittied girls I'm going to snap.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Don't do it Snatch Duster, don't you daaaaare do it.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Hey, where are the big-tittied women at?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Come on guys, let's make this thread the breast it can be!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Women are gross

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Women are gross

Women are from Venus and it's illegal to have heard of other planets

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The Locator posted:

Where did SD find these pictures of my future wives?

The Most Viral images on the Internet at imgur.com, same place he's been getting them for a while now.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Please stop having huge shitposting sprees whenever Snatch Duster posts, it's worse than what he does.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Please stop having huge shitposting sprees whenever Snatch Duster posts, it's worse than what he does.

Indeed. And the "ironic" appreciation of tits isn't fooling anybody, and just lends validity to his ranting about this thread being nothing but a spank bank. Put him on ignore, shut up about tits and asses, and post cosplay.

Yes I know I didn't post a picture. gently caress you.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

rydiafan posted:

Indeed. And the "ironic" appreciation of tits isn't fooling anybody, and just lends validity to his ranting about this thread being nothing but a spank bank. Put him on ignore, shut up about tits and asses, and post cosplay.

Yes I know I didn't post a picture. gently caress you.

I have no idea what you are talking about, I unironically love tits.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i'm not putting one of the 5 people who actually post cosplay on ignore, even if it's only on accident in his case

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Titular star of the anime "Bikini"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

rydiafan posted:

post cosplay

Okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Titular star of the anime "Bikini"

I honestly can't tell if you're ironic posting (and copying SD in the process) or just making a joke about how OP is about 90% "Oda's Wank Material".

EDIT:

NOW we're talking!

• Locked thread