Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico

Jumpingmanjim posted:

He doesn't get off for another 3 days.

Recidivism rates are just terrible here aren't they.

E: Screamingllama Snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
If I strangle a cat and sent it a letter afterwards, can I be PM?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

kirbysuperstar posted:

If I strangle a cat and sent it a letter afterwards, can I be PM?

Yes but you have to hang out with Cory Bernardi.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

hooman posted:

Yes but you have to hang out with Cory Bernardi.

Oh. Hm...No deal.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Oh I imagine he's getting off as we speak https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl8vDi83CWk :harambe:

This is making me feel very confused.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Turnbull’s and Morrison’s negative gearing disgrace

In 2005, Malcolm Turnbull spoke out against negative gearing, labelling it and the capital gains tax (CGT) discount a “sheltering tax haven” and “tax avoidance”, and arguing that it is “skewing national investment away from wealth-creating pursuits, towards housing”.

In a similar vein, Scott Morrison in February this year admitted “there are excesses” in negative gearing and that it had gone too far:

Yet despite them both knowing that negative gearing is a rort, they defended if furiously in the lead-up to the Federal Election, spuriously claiming that reform would “crush” investment, drive a “sledgehammer” through the housing market, would lead to surging rents, and would disadvantage middle-income earners.

Today, the truth has been revealed as to why Turnbull and Morrison performed a backflip on negative gearing: they were rolled by the conservative wing of the Coalition that backed former prime minister Tony Abbott in the September leadership spill, as revealed in a new book co-authored by my cousin Peter van Onselen. From The Australian:

Malcolm Turnbull and Scott Morrison argued in cabinet to tighten negative gearing concessions but were later rolled in a key economic committee by ministerial supporters of Tony Abbott…

In The Turnbull Gamble, the ­authors reveal the Prime Minister and the Treasurer were “all in favour’’ of making changes to negative gearing but in a “more considered” and “less extreme way” than Labor had.

Asked about the revelations in the book yesterday, a senior source confirmed Mr Turnbull and Mr Morrison had been in favour of changes to negative gearing to remove excesses from the system…

In their book, van Onselen and Errington write: “The issue was debated in cabinet, with Peter Dutton, Josh Frydenberg and Christian Porter arguing against making any changes.’’

All three supported Mr ­Abbott in the leadership ballot that elevated Mr Turnbull to the leadership in September last year…

According to the book, Mr Dutton pointed out the “political value in doing nothing so as to attack Labor’s changes ‘with clean hands’ ’’

Labor shadow treasurer, Chris Bowen, has been quick to jump on the revelation, claiming that Prime Minister Turnbull lacks “moral authority” and economic leadership. From The Canberra Times:

“Now we know Malcolm Turnbull and Scott Morrison agree [with curbing the policy] but they were rolled in the cabinet, the first time a PM and Treasurer had been rolled in the cabinet since 1973,” Mr Bowen told the ABC.

“This is an extraordinary development and Malcolm Turnbull lacks the moral authority to win the economic debate and the political authority within his own cabinet and that is why this government is completely devoid of an agenda, completely devoid of economic leadership.”

Herein lies yet another example of how Prime Minister Turnbull sold his soul, and abandoned the national interest, in order to hold onto power. Can the real Malcolm Turnbull please stand up?

http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2016/08/turnbulls-and-morrisons-negative-gearing-disgrace/

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oh. Hm...No deal.

Lets play: Strangle, Make PM, Hang out with

Choices: Catte, Yourself, Cory Bernardi.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

hooman posted:

I pick strangle for myself and Cori Bernardi and make the catte the PM.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Good start to parliament, knocking back a royal commission into the banks putting a nice big target on themselves everytime a bank behaves unethically this term. Oh well, I'm sure that won't happen too often.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Paul Mullet lost his defamation case against Christine Nixon, gj.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ewe2 posted:

Paul Mullet lost his defamation case against Christine Nixon, gj.

I had forgotten about those two. The Herald Sun absolutely hated Nixon's guts, and her successor's, Simon Overland.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

so it doesn't matter that Turnbull rolled Abbott at all because he won't stand up to the people who were also dictating to Abbott

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

hooman posted:

Make cat pm, strangle Cory, hang out with myself

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

starkebn posted:

so it doesn't matter that Turnbull rolled Abbott at all because he won't stand up to the people who were also dictating to Abbott

It's the only way he could have rolled Abbott.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Linky

It's been dragging on for years, Nixon had some interesting things to say at the link.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
What like it was a shame he could afford to seek redress through the courts?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
https://twitter.com/abcnewsMelb/status/770860126655832064

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

owned

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

:colbert:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Guardian AU posted:

The high court on Wednesday unanimously ruled against the federal government’s decision to exempt workers on vessels in the offshore oil and gas industry from visa requirements.

Paging Sludge Tank to the gently caress yes section. Sludge Tank to the gently caress yes section.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

North Korea and Cameroon, typical mediterranean states.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
*Googles Cameroon*

loving idiot teenagers at woolies lmao

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010
Malcolm Turnbull: Prime Minister, Plebiscite Enthusiast, Pussy Destroyer

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He's merely very passionate about protecting our native wildlife. He would strangle a thousand pussies with his bare hands.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Meat Miracle posted:

Malcolm Turnbull: Prime Minister, Plebiscite Enthusiast, Pussy Destroyer

Slayer of Pussy

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010
Bob Katter best watch his back.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A video has emerged of a far-right activist threatening to bring "a rain of s--t" to Fremantle unless the city's council restores Australia Day fireworks cancelled after being deemed 'culturally insensitive.'

Australia Day Rain of poo poo would be something to see.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

SynthOrange posted:

A video has emerged of a far-right activist threatening to bring "a rain of s--t" to Fremantle unless the city's council restores Australia Day fireworks cancelled after being deemed 'culturally insensitive.'

So they are all planning on leaping out of a plane above Fremantle without parachutes?

I approve of this.

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010
Australia day already celebrates a reign of poo poo, so we're almost there.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Oh I thought it was 'rain of suit'. I wish they'd just spell out these words, it's so confusing.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

Isn't that what they call the hottest 100 now?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Isn't that what they call the hottest 100 now?
Since 1996 to be fair.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

SynthOrange posted:

mate you were going to show up and make the day garbage regardless

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
First Dog:

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

Jumpingmanjim posted:

He doesn't get off for another 3 days.

I'll do it. It can't be worse than screamingmeltdown's.

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

SynthOrange posted:

Ffs.

1949: "I'm off to fight Hitler"
1965: "we're going to put a man on the moon"
2016. "im offended"

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

LibertyCat posted:

1949: "I'm off to fight Hitler"

:allears:

E: Kennedy's "choose to go to the Moon" speech wasn't in 1965 either, with the giveaway being he dead.

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
Also DAVID LEYONHJELM REELECTED gently caress YES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010
Whoops, looks like you made a little typo there, Libertycat. Let me just fix that before anyone gets the wrong idea.

LibertyCat posted:

1949: "I'm off to fight, Hitler"

• Locked thread