Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Summer Transfers
This poll is closed.
Your dad's dick 46 21.50%
Manchesters 20 9.35%
ITK Taff 51 23.83%
What's his name 72 33.64%
London 25 11.68%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

EC10 posted:

can wilshere, walcott, ox, chamberlain etc all just gently caress off in some package deal to sunderland or whoever

How long before you switch to Chelsea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Dunban posted:

A pretty decent CB. Fairly serviceable all-around, no glaring weaknesses (or exceptional strengths). He's not gonna set the world on fire, but he's better than what Arsenal currently have in that position.

Better than Kos? Or better than anyone have in the "next to koscielny" position? Because as much as I didn't rate him when he first joined us Koscielny has developed into a world class center back.

I'm fairly happy with this window all things considered. A winger might be nice because Theo isn't going to up his game any time soon and this is the Ox's last real chance to impress.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Happy transfer deadline day everyone I hope you all get what you want even if what you want is death to all Arsenals

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Blue Star Error posted:

Happy transfer deadline day everyone I hope you all get what you want even if what you want is death to all Arsenals

i'm hoping someone actually spends £35m on sissoko

Edit: Spurs bid £16m for him after selling Ryan Mason for £13m

Jose fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Aug 31, 2016

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Xabi posted:

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, it was not my intention.

In Liverpool news it looks like Sakho now might end up at Sunderland. It also looks like the LB I thought and heard was coming, probably won't happen. Thus, I hope we sign Wilshere.

Sakho's decent isn't he, why are you selling him?

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Todays the day lads

https://twitter.com/AwayDaysVideos/status/768852256598949888

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sky saying Spurs will pay £30m for Sissoko over 5 installments

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Vegetable posted:

What kind of player is Mustafi?

Albanian

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Bovril Delight posted:

You👏🏿don't👏🏿get👏🏿to👏🏿say👏🏿this👏🏿

Lol

orange sky
May 7, 2007

OK so regarding Sporting CP:

OUT:
João Mário to Inter - 40M€
Islam Slimani to Leicester - 35M€
Adrien Silva to Leicester - 30M€ (not sure about the value)

IN:
Bas Dost
Castaignos
Meli
Andre (Corinthians)
Elias - Maybe?
Markovic - Maybe?
Rafa - Might steal him from SLB, not sure

I for the life of me cannot understand how nobody goes and beats William Carvalho's clause of 45M€. He's the best Sporting player for me, in a loving important position. The man breathes class when he's OK phisically. He's perfect for the EPL.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

peanut- posted:

Sakho's decent isn't he, why are you selling him?
Lack of professionalism and seems to have an attitude problem. He showed up late to the trip to the US in the summer and was eventually sent home.

Unfortunately, all this doesn't seem to be a new thing either:
http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/paris-saint-germain/160/blog/post/1852629/sakho-exit-from-psg-a-complicated-one

I'm not sure if Klopp wants to sell him or loan him out to give him a last chance when he returns.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

orange sky posted:

I for the life of me cannot understand how nobody goes and beats William Carvalho's clause of 45M€. He's the best Sporting player for me, in a loving important position. The man breathes class when he's OK phisically. He's perfect for the EPL.

Liverpool need a central midfielder but that would make too much sense

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/DTguardian/status/770913642783080448

lol

also

quote:

Thwarted in various attempts to sign assorted midfielders David Moyes - rebuffed by Sevilla’s Vicente Iborra and Tottenham’s Ryan Mason (who joined Hull instead) yesterday - could be set to break Sunderland’s transfer record by paying France’s Lorient £17m for their 22-year-old midfielder Didier N'Dong.

A Gabon international, N'Dong was scouted last week by Sunderland only to be sent off after 30 minutes but with time fast running out they could be set to gamble on his potential.

heh

N'Dong.

MrBling fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Aug 31, 2016

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blue Star Error posted:

thank u

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

EC10 posted:

can wilshere, walcott, ox, chamberlain etc all just gently caress off in some package deal to sunderland or whoever

Isn't Ox and Chamberlain the same person?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Twat le Piss posted:

they're both actually Kieran Gibbs.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Fulham are being linked with Adebayor and I'm making lots of different faces

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Twat le Piss posted:

they both freakin suck URG

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Wazzerphuk posted:

he would score lots of goals in the championship

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

RideTheSpiral posted:

they both freakin suck URG

Haha yeah I'm glad we got rid of both of them for scam money to Arsenal

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Wazzerphuk posted:

I'll raise you Norwich being linked to Lord Bendtner Memes

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Could link up well with Gooch imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Blue Star Error posted:

I'll raise you Norwich being linked to Lord Bendtner Memes

good grief

Any other news on where Jack Wheelchair will end up?

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.

Wow, I do hope he doesn't go completely to waste.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Sunderland are signing Naismith allegedly

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ultrabindu posted:

good grief

Any other news on where Jack Wheelchair will end up?

roma pushing hard, palace and bournemouth haven't heard any updates since yesterday so they're worried they're gonna miss out

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Mamadou Sakho is set to stay at Liverpool even though he has been told he will not play again this season. #lfc (Dominic King)

This will be interesting.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

straight up brolic posted:

Sunderland are signing Naismith allegedly

Would be fine with this tbh just hope we'd leave enough time to actually spend the money

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blue Star Error posted:

Would be fine with this tbh just hope we'd leave enough time to actually spend the money

The countdown begins

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Xabi posted:

Mamadou Sakho is set to stay at Liverpool even though he has been told he will not play again this season. #lfc (Dominic King)

This will be interesting.

welp

don't think we actually have enough centre backs to not play Sakho if someone gets injured. Unless Klopp is planning on playing Ilori, I think it's Lovren, Klavan, and Matip and that's pretty much it. Plus despite his attitude problems Sakho is actually pretty good. I wonder if he did something extra bad behind the scenes.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Maybe Sakho and Schweinsteiger can get together and play video games for a year or something. Or find three more 'we'll pay you but not play you' guys and form a five a side team.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Bony is at Stoke training ground. Season long loan being sorted out.

Stoke have also signed Lee Grant on a short term loan from Derby which is pretty laughable. Butland's injury must be worst than expected.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

vyelkin posted:

welp

don't think we actually have enough centre backs to not play Sakho if someone gets injured. Unless Klopp is planning on playing Ilori, I think it's Lovren, Klavan, and Matip and that's pretty much it. Plus despite his attitude problems Sakho is actually pretty good. I wonder if he did something extra bad behind the scenes.

could be that Klopp has decided he needs to make an example of someone so that his blokey best buds routine doesn't get confused for no discipline. you're right that his bluff will get called sooner or later, I guess he's just going to see how things are going and get someone new in January if sakho hasn't shaped up.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

vyelkin posted:

welp

We've also got Gomez (soon) and Lucas.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.
That is confounding to me, in regards to Sakho. He hasn't committed any worse atrocities of defending than the likes of Lovren and certainly Moreno. Provided we don't inherit the same misfortune as season's past with our CB's health, using cup ties to get players like Illori a run out would be refreshing.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

aellisr posted:

That is confounding to me, in regards to Sakho. He hasn't committed any worse atrocities of defending than the likes of Lovren and certainly Moreno. Provided we don't inherit the same misfortune as season's past with our CB's health, using cup ties to get players like Illori a run out would be refreshing.

he got caught taking a fat burner and nearly banned. That's a legitimate reason to ship someone out, whether you're doping or not. Mutu had his contract terminated for a less flagrant abuse of WADA rules

unless WADA actually really care about coke and that really is why jack wilshere is dead, ofc

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Rod Fanni has signed with Marseille again.

Rod Fanni

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Xabi posted:

We've also got Gomez (soon) and Lucas.

Gomez is 19, just coming back from a year-long ACL injury, and afaik has only ever played at left back for us. Lucas is a midfielder. I wouldn't include either of them in a list of first team centre backs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Adomah to Villa is a done deal

https://twitter.com/Dr_TonyXia/status/770954951891705856

• Locked thread