Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Portable consoles are the best, indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I don't remember who I danced with last in my cold steel save because I just did everyone for the trophies and now I am greatly concerned how that's going to carry over.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Search your feelings, you know it was Gaius.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

I don't remember who I danced with last in my cold steel save because I just did everyone for the trophies and now I am greatly concerned how that's going to carry over.

The major thing is that whoever your Chosen Pal is gets quite a few flashbacks early on and a few mentions.

It also honestly doesn't make much sense for you not to keep going with the same person in part 2, the plot makes more sense that way. However you totally can dance with someone in Part 1 and then throw them to the curb in order to become Jusis BFF instead.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The best Fate GO character is Edmond Dantes who is an edgelord version of the Count of Monte Cristo, no not the character Edmond, the actual book.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I too cannot remember who my last dance was because of trophies but I just loving know it was Jusis. Also Cold Steel 1 is 50% off this week on the PSN.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Policenaut posted:

Cold Steel 1 is 50% off this week on the PSN.

Finally picked this up, even my vita backlog is now longer than I'll ever finish.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Haven't gotten that far but it matters who you dance with, in Cold Steel?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I mean it wasn't Vita so its never going to be the best result, but please don't be Machias.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

Haven't gotten that far but it matters who you dance with, in Cold Steel?

"who you dance with" is basically the "pick your best friend/romance partner" option. You get some dialogue, a couple of minor cutscene changes and it is referenced a few times in CS2.

CS2 has a similar thing but it's a lot more explicit. (If it is with certain lady characters it's straight up picking your romance option for example.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

"who you dance with" is basically the "pick your best friend/romance partner" option. You get some dialogue, a couple of minor cutscene changes and it is referenced a few times in CS2.

CS2 has a similar thing but it's a lot more explicit. (If it is with certain lady characters it's straight up picking your romance option for example.)

it's also straight up picking your romance option if you picked jusis, because falcom knows their fanbase

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Baal posted:

The best Fate GO character is Edmond Dantes who is an edgelord version of the Count of Monte Cristo, no not the character Edmond, the actual book.

is this true

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

it's also straight up picking your romance option if you picked jusis, because falcom knows their fanbase

Rean explicitly says in CS2 he doesn't swing that way. :smith:

(I choose to believe this is a lie because I too saw his scenes with Jusis.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Rean explicitly says in CS2 he doesn't swing that way. :smith:
yeah and mueller would probably say that if you asked him but he's still olivier's boyfriend

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

!!!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

note: i was making a joke about the scene in cold steel 1, i do not know how cold steel 2 handles it

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Endorph posted:

note: i was making a joke about the scene in cold steel 1, i do not know how cold steel 2 handles it

i was going to ask...i don't want to date any of the cold pittsburgh steelers.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Policenaut posted:

I too cannot remember who my last dance was because of trophies but I just loving know it was Jusis. Also Cold Steel 1 is 50% off this week on the PSN.

It needs to go on sale in EU again now that I've finished FC/SC, dangit.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

He is an actual manifestation of the themes of the book and the central conflict in the main character. It's literally Edmond Dantes' desire for revenge taken form as an Avenger Class servant with DBZ Beam Powers and the power to move light speed and create after images of himself because he is an edgelord incarnate.

Also he's drawn by the Danganronpa Artist and looks like Nagito with a hat

Type-Moon Wiki posted:

Enfer Château d'If (Hell Château d'If): Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright ( 虎よ、煌々と燃え盛れアンフェル・シャトー・ディフ , Tora yo, Kōkō to MoesakareAnferu Shatō Difu ?) is the mental power of steel of Edmond Dantès, cultivated while imprisoned within the Château d'If, sublimated into a Noble Phantasm. Not even mentioning his body, Avenger is able to escape from even "abstract prisons such as time and space." Through performing super high-speed thinking, he is able to forcibly reflect that on his body and "subjectively realizes a super high-speed action that makes seems like a "time halt" is being employed." The speed of such high-speed movement makes the attacks take the form of a "simultaneous multi-attack" from many different "offshoots" of Avenger.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Aug 31, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

yeah and mueller would probably say that if you asked him but he's still olivier's boyfriend

Meuller is not Olivier's boyfriend, he is his babysitter. Olivier/Bleublanc 4 lyfe.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fate owns and I am excited for Extella

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Relevant to the trails of cold steel discussion: In addition to the game being on sale this week in NA, the 'shining pom' bait pack dlc are free as well. I'd never recommend paying money for them, but for free, the price is right. If I'm understanding correctly, each Shining Pom fight nets a guaranteed level up, so use them at the end of the game to boost the party levels up. Between the trial pack that's always free, and the 5 additional packs that usually cost money, that's 18 level ups.

There's some minor bonuses in Cold Steel 2 for having Rean as high as level 80, I believe.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Square-Enix just confirmed we'll get our first look at SaGa Scarlet Grace at TGS next month. Gettin' hype.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Policenaut posted:

Square-Enix just confirmed we'll get our first look at SaGa Scarlet Grace at TGS next month. Gettin' hype.

I'm looking forward to seeing more from this as well. However, what are the chances of it being localized?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Policenaut posted:

:woop:

Really hoping we get the mobile version of Romancing SaGa 2 on Vita soon.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Dumped my copy of Cold Steel and reinstalled it from the memcard

No more having to take my P4G cart out!!!!!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Slur posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing more from this as well. However, what are the chances of it being localized?

They trademarked it in Europe and with Romancing SaGa 2 Vita coming over I'd say we have better chances. It's Vita-exclusive though and Kawazu did an interview recently explicitly saying that he wanted to make it a Vita game because of the challenge or something so I dunno if Square-Enix USA will bite.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Unrelated but HOLY gently caress at the prices of Vita games in Canada now

gently caress right off SCEA.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Oh, Project Diva X is out. Gonna pick that up!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

haha

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Canada finally comes in line with UK prices I see

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I do enjoy that buying both Vita God Eaters does in fact cost less than the "bundle" that everyone was crying about PS4 getting but not Vita.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

What the hell happened to the CAD while I wasn't looking? I thought we were at 80 cents now.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I should point out that's AUD. Sick $45 next-gen tax. Steam bundle's close to $70 so uh. Sale waitin' it is.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Schrodingers cat posted:

What the hell happened to the CAD while I wasn't looking? I thought we were at 80 cents now.

As of me checking, it's actually 76 cents. I was talking about this somewhere else, but some companies are taking full advantage of the weak Canadian dollar by charging way over the exchange rate. Looking at the prices there, Namco Bandai is no different.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Is it just me or does the timing in Project Diva X feel easier than in other games in the series?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

13/f/cali posted:

Is it just me or does the timing in Project Diva X feel easier than in other games in the series?

You just became that good after all the training in the previous games.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Schrodingers cat posted:

Basically our dollar went a little bit down and now every company figures it's a good idea to price gouge the poo poo out of us while they can. While Sony is raising PSN price by 10$ for everyone. Canada gets theirs raised by 20$. Awesome.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Policenaut posted:

Unrelated but HOLY gently caress at the prices of Vita games in Canada now

gently caress right off SCEA.

Wait, Attack on titan is on vita too? Anyone know if the port is any good?

Endorph posted:

I've had this on my shelf for months and despite all intentions I haven't got round to it despite hearing it's one of the best games on vita.

How sad that the fact the game has same sex romance (kinda) is what's pushed me to start it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nyeehg posted:

Wait, Attack on titan is on vita too? Anyone know if the port is any good?

I've had this on my shelf for months and despite all intentions I haven't got round to it despite hearing it's one of the best games on vita.

How sad that the fact the game has same sex romance (kinda) is what's pushed me to start it.

You will be kind of disappointed if you think it's anything more than "these guys are REALLY close friends, but you can write fanfiction about it if you want."