Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i have the best mental health
just the greatest mental health youve ever seen
really tremendous stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

The real reason for the mexico trip is trumps all out of vitamin pills and his regular guy is laying low for a while

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Slate Action posted:

https://twitter.com/rebeccagberg/status/770957945366581249

Trump unfavorability among...

Black voters: 84%
Latino voters: 80%
College-educated white women: 79%

What about the actual you know, poll numbers

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Mirthless posted:

It's such a stupid metric, too, because most people hate politicians and even "favorable" presidential candidates and presidents rarely go much further than 45-50% favorable because of the partisan nature of our politics

The media is obsessed with "favorables" in this election because it's the only measurable metric they can find that makes this seem like it's the horse race the media needs it to be to maintain their quarterly growth

One would think Trump's bizarre campaign alone was enough for ratings but I guess I don't know cable news.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

zoux posted:

I assume those will come later (today?), but near-equal unfavorability suggests it will be much closer than the Clinton +8 ABC/WaPo had after the DNC.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
So the Conway rape quotes combined with her Akin stuff has to blow up in the coming days right?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

zoux posted:

Silly zoux, those numbers don't let you advance a horse race narrative!

Silly zoux!

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Slate Action posted:

I assume those will come later (today?), but near-equal unfavorability suggests it will be much closer than the Clinton +8 ABC/WaPo had after the DNC.

I don't know why it would, a lot of people view both candidates unfavorably but still plan to vote. I know I view both candidates unfavorably.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i wish trump would be funny again instead of just SAD!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WampaLord posted:

Silly zoux, those numbers don't let you advance a horse race narrative!

Silly zoux!

Speaking of...

Lest you think this is merely bad gravis polling, there were multiple articles this week about how John McCain is in the fight of his political life and the AP header this morning was "John McCain hangs on to vanquish opponents". Those are contradictory idioms!! The media despises a landslide.

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx

breaklaw posted:

I don't know why it would, a lot of people view both candidates unfavorably but still plan to vote. I know I view both candidates unfavorably.

anyone know what WaPo had the race at in mid-July? Clinton's favorables were similar then to now

guessing we'll see Clinton +5 or thereabouts, with Clinton losing more than Trump gains

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica

babypolis posted:

loving white ppl are truly the worst. give america to black ppl and kill yourselves
meant to emptyquote hundreds of pages ago but better late than never

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Willninho posted:

So the Conway rape quotes combined with her Akin stuff has to blow up in the coming days right?

Whoa I missed something yesterday I guess.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how exactly is +12.8 a narrow margin

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

Speaking of...

Lest you think this is merely bad gravis polling, there were multiple articles this week about how John McCain is in the fight of his political life and the AP header this morning was "John McCain hangs on to vanquish opponents". Those are contradictory idioms!! The media despises a landslide.

59/31 isn't exactly a landslide in primary elections

I'm glad John McCain won :unsmith:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Vile posted:

the "we must help blacks in the inner city" I noticed the white women clapping and nodding along

o gently caress, he does have a plan to get white women back

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/770971385481003009

Fox wants Trump OUT OUT OUT GET EM OUT

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

if nieto is seen so unfavorably, an almost instant way to boost his numbers is to invite trump and loving yell at him. for trump, he'll say it went well, media will cite nieto's disparaging comments, trump and his coalition will have a new reaffirming reason to hate the media. win-win.

that assumes this isn't a massive plot on nieto's part to have a cartel missile trump's plane, thus having america go after the cartels that nieto can't wrangle, all while giving nieto distance from any blame and actually making him look good. :tinfoil:

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Swedgin posted:

anyone know what WaPo had the race at in mid-July? Clinton's favorables were similar then to now

guessing we'll see Clinton +5 or thereabouts, with Clinton losing more than Trump gains

Clinton +4

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If anything happens to Trump in Mexico it only proves him right.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
if anything happens, period, there's no press allowed they're all staying in Phoenix.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Even the liberal argument against the wall is that the cartel are so well armed they could destroy any barrier. Such a safe ally!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Explain

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nietzschean posted:

how exactly is +12.8 a narrow margin

You'd be surprised at how people can turn a blowout into "YEAH BUT NOBODY THOUGHT HE'D EVEN GET CLOSE" like 12 points is close.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
As we all know Trump is a definite non-moron, who makes bold choices that always contribute towards his higher goals, and I'm sure this Mexico trip is no exception.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007

Sonic the Hoxhaist posted:

Whoa I missed something yesterday I guess.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/trump-campaign-manager-kellyanne-conway-rape-would-not-exist-if-women-were-strong-enough/

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Krazyface posted:

As we all know Trump is a definite non-moron, who makes bold choices that always contribute towards his higher goals, and I'm sure this Mexico trip is no exception.

nothingmatters.gif - saved you a little scrolling there

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

DrPlump posted:

Even the liberal argument against the wall is that the cartel are so well armed they could destroy any barrier. Such a safe ally!

No it's not. At least not that I've ever heard.

Mostly the liberal argument against the wall is that it wouldn't work anyway, as that's not how most illegal immigration occurs. And that illegal immigration from Mexico is actually down in recent years.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also if women had extensible bone claws.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

She is saying if the tables were reversed and women were the stronger gender then they would not go around raping everyone unlike some genders...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/770971306766381056

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why does it matter if Trump was invited? Mexico is our close ally and travel between the countries is unrestricted thus the lack of need for a wall.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

please stop posting Rebecca Berg tweets. her twitter icon is a full face shot and she looks just enough like a lady i dated for like a year, a long time ago that it really freaks me out when she pops up in the trump thread

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

538 has an article about the three point difference between live and robopolling and concludes WHO KNOWS

https://twitter.com/CandaceSmith_/status/770974601430110208

But not from his travelling press pool, who is being sent to AZ.

Also it's being reported this morning that the US embassy in Mexico asked Trump not to come because it's going to be a disaster to organize on short notice.

zoux fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Aug 31, 2016

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Lol

Sometimes you just have to admire the guy for being such a shithead.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

rear end cobra posted:

Lol

Sometimes you just have to admire the guy for being such a shithead.

https://twitter.com/VicenteFoxQue/status/770974934461915136

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Abel Wingnut posted:

if nieto is seen so unfavorably, an almost instant way to boost his numbers is to invite trump and loving yell at him. for trump, he'll say it went well, media will cite nieto's disparaging comments, trump and his coalition will have a new reaffirming reason to hate the media. win-win.

that assumes this isn't a massive plot on nieto's part to have a cartel missile trump's plane, thus having america go after the cartels that nieto can't wrangle, all while giving nieto distance from any blame and actually making him look good. :tinfoil:

i think thats a swell plan

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

God picked Trump because he wants the Democrats to usher in a 1000-year reign of darkness. :getin:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I hate your mum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/status/770977950615244801

Help! We're all owned!

• Locked thread