Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

What are the grievances? Money? Booking/creative? Both?

More booking, creative, communication and politics.

I only know by my own experience and who I talk to. I could be getting a skewed view. But there's a number of talents counting down the days until they are out of contract. Kevin Kelly is a climber and snake in the grass. Just look at Larry Legend's firing and the situation that I wish someone would report on with Truth Martini.

For the sake of balance there's people in EVOLVE who think a lot of ROH as at least they have kinda a steadfast plan in place as opposed to throwing poo poo against the wall which EVOLVE tends to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

feel like the bucks are in line for as major a push as gaijin juniors can possibly have in new japan what with being omega's sidekicks and unifying the tag divisions

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

What are the grievances? Money? Booking/creative? Both?

My experience with ROH's office was absolute madness so I can't but wonder how they treat their contracted talent.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

coconono posted:

My experience with ROH's office was absolute madness so I can't but wonder how they treat their contracted talent.

Yeah my time working with ROH sucked once Sinclair took over, but that might have been because they figured I was a mark they could take advantage of. I mean I was, but even I have a limit!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Please help:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I though Dijak killed him

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
he hasn't been on any recent local Detroit/Michigan indie shows he's always at either. maybe he's just taking time off as a whole

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
He is truly Timless

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Marquis de Pyro posted:

He is truly Timless

So what you're saying is we need Donst or Thatcher to help find him?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/770362009007296517

Congrats Women of Honor

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Congrats Women of Honor

Nope

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jr.Heavyweight, I'd think if not

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
It is a men's trios title.

It has a funny name. But I assume it is open to any weight class.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the big belt for the big guy

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

rovert posted:

I'm proud that ROH is following NJPW in adding yet another belt

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

It's the Big Three Title and it's a comically large belt that goes around all three guys and they have to walk together to the ring like a three legged race deal.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
The return of the #1 contender trophy.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

rovert posted:

The Mcguinness Poly championship

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

I can't think of a single trio in ROH that arent the nobody cabinet and whatever rotating cast of BC guys there are.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

addictiontachi

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

did we find where truth is yet?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
They could come up with plenty of trios teams by just taking their tag division and adding dudes of the same alignment in. MCMG were just in that 8-man tag at Field of Honor, throw either Rush or ACH in their trios team and there's established precedent. I dunno who the natural fit with reDRagon is though.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
I hope this new title has a series of unconventional rules which Nigel explains very dryly before each match.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Grozz Nuy posted:

They could come up with plenty of trios teams by just taking their tag division and adding dudes of the same alignment in. MCMG were just in that 8-man tag at Field of Honor, throw either Rush or ACH in their trios team and there's established precedent. I dunno who the natural fit with reDRagon is though.

Jay White

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Honestly a 6 man title makes sense, they obviously love doing multi man matches on nearly every show as it is, why not make them worth something

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Apparently ROH has been aggressively trying to resign people so they probably won't be going into Final Battle with their pants down you know like in scenario of the ROH title match being O'Reilly vs Cole with both possibly WWE bound.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Honestly a 6 man title makes sense, they obviously love doing multi man matches on nearly every show as it is, why not make them worth something

Trios matches are seemingly becoming trendy. Will Ospreay just launched essentially a vanity trios title of his own to defend across the UK.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

did we find where truth is yet?

No reporter wants to report it as they might get sued.

rovert fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 30, 2016

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Yep so there's gonna be a tournament for them trios titles.

So as seemingly needless these I see maybe them unifying the CMLL/NEVER/ROH trios titles down the line. Oh and maybe Will Ospreay's vanity belts too.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Looks like all 10 of ROH's wrestlers will all get a title! Can't wait for that ANX and Caprice Coleman trios run.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
WWE has 13 titles now? And NJPW isn't far behind. Clearly RoH is just trying to catch up

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

CMLL has around 20 if you don't count regional titles

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Can't wait for a CMLL trios team to get that title and then never defend it. And then like ten years later, when their partnership with ROH is up, they'll call it the ROH Historical Trios Title or whatever.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

More titles = more good. NWA had it right in the 80s.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
So these ROH names are not jumping ship after the years end. Just like I figured.

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

Roque11 posted:

So these ROH names are not jumping ship after the years end. Just like I figured.

Lol who are you

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
The Young Bucks 6Man is the most consistent thing ROH has had the last two years; so might as well put a title with it. Cole is probably the worst partner of them but they have all been good.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/770954636656128000

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Future ROH Ace Dalton Castle rules

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

He's right. Lio Rush is a better wrestler, but only somewhat, and Castle is way better as a character.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He's right. Lio Rush is a better wrestler, but only somewhat, and Castle is way better as a character.

Yes, and while I'm not trying to sound like Vince here I do think Lio's size hurts him if we're talking about potential promotional aces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Thauros posted:

Yes, and while I'm not trying to sound like Vince here I do think Lio's size hurts him if we're talking about potential promotional aces.

While we're on the subject of newer talent, Is Jason Kincaid signed or are they just interested?

• Locked thread