Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Pennfalath posted:

In the movie, Luna often talks about her destiny, and how about she is not afraid to die. What is het destiny, since I didn't catch them outright mentioning it?
Also, Regis's best friend Clarus is the father/family member of Gladio (both are from the Amicitia (friendship in Latin) family).
Another thing: How does the empire control their monsters/daemons?.

Finally, I won't say which one, but based on the first hours of the game, one character in particular seems to be moving all over the place.

All of this will be explained in-game, but if you want me to cover the first question...

Luna is an Oracle, which means she can commune with the Archaeans (summons) and abate the Plague of the Stars, a curse over the land which makes the nights longer, which in turn would spawn more daemons. At the end of the Duscae demo, the following text appears over an image that can also been seen in Kingsglaive, depicting the prophecy.

O’er rotted Soil, under blighted Sky, A dread Plague the Wicked has wrought.
In the Light of the Gods, Sword-Sworn at his Side, 'Gainst the Dark the King's Battle is fought.
From the Heavens high, to the Blessed below, Shines the Beam of a Peace long besought.
"Long live thy Line and these Stones divine,
For the Night When All comes to Naught."

Basically: Noctis is important because of the prophecy, Luna sees it as her duty to making sure the prophecy comes true.

CottonWolf posted:

Sure, but... if that's true why the hell are Noctis and Luna still getting married?

Who's to say they still are?

Terper fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ama about lovely jrpg movie/game stories

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Terper posted:

And yeah, definitely Ultima Weapon.

Diamond Weapon, actually.

Anyway, I now wish Nyx was the main character of the game too. He was cool!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Nyx seems fine for a movie, not for a 50 hour RPG.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Oxxidation posted:

If Noctis turns out anything like the way he's been characterized in Brotherhood he's on the fast track to becoming one of my favorite FF leads. He's broody without being obnoxious about it, since he's really just awful at expressing himself and prefers to keep his mouth shut rather than risk making a fool of himself, he's not an rear end to the people around him, and I never get bored of his narcolepsy.

In the latest episode I cracked up when the gang checked into a hotel room and Noctis was already curled up in bed, under the covers and fully dressed, before the others even got to comment on the drapes.

Pretty sure the narcolepsy is related to the king being the source of the magic swords / city shield. He's probably just literally drained of energy all the time.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Pretty sure the narcolepsy is related to the king being the source of the magic swords / city shield. He's probably just literally drained of energy all the time.

I like to think Noctis is just a lazy poo poo, hence all the trash he left around his apartment.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Onmi posted:

I like to think Noctis is just a lazy poo poo, hence all the trash he left around his apartment.

Why does it have to be one of those two?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is his magic summoning powers also why he hates lettuce

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ultros showing up in Kingsglaive was the only redeeming moment.

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:
A friend of mine popped up earlier this morning gloatingcommenting that the game's been delayed again. Anyone heard something to that effect? I've only seen Tabata clarifying about frame rates being another reason for the delay til November, not a whole other delay window.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

taichara posted:

A friend of mine popped up earlier this morning gloatingcommenting that the game's been delayed again. Anyone heard something to that effect? I've only seen Tabata clarifying about frame rates being another reason for the delay til November, not a whole other delay window.

I see nothing on it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

taichara posted:

November is still the release date and even if it wasn't they wouldn't announce it before September even hits.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Why would anyone gloat about a game being delayed

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Tae posted:

People are cocks.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

People have weird grudges against SE and FF for some reason, hell just try mentioning in some other threads around here.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Everyone trying to get hot takes on a game that was only in active development for 4 years because they heard about it in high school and Duke Nukem sucked.

People want a train wreck and by god they're going to get one.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Phantasium posted:

Everyone trying to get hot takes on a game that was only in active development for 4 years because they heard about it in high school and Duke Nukem sucked.

People want a train wreck and by god they're going to get one.

People are going to call it a train wreck no matter what. People are already calling it a trainwreck from the 3 hours of footage we have!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Tae posted:

*looks at Star Citizen subforum*

:iiam:

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
It's always a huge mistake to look at the boards on GameFAQs, but so many people there seem to want the game to fail so bad. I never really got that mentality.

Then again, I'm probably just a bad gamer.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You don't have to go far to see that *stares meaningfully at No Man's Sky thread*

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cynical nerds hope things fail so it proves they're meaningful and justified in disliking it for superficial reasons, news at 11.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

You don't have to go far to see that *stares meaningfully at No Man's Sky thread*

If FFXV removes half of what they've been advertising, I'll grab the pitchforks and join GameFAQs. (Actually, I can't even say that in jest, the internet rage mobs are insane. I'll just be quietly sad that another FF game sucks and go play something else like I did when XIII released.)

I don't consider that likely, though. No Man's Sky was one hell of a bait and switch.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

HD DAD posted:

It's always a huge mistake to look at the boards on GameFAQs, but so many people there seem to want the game to fail so bad. I never really got that mentality.

Then again, I'm probably just a bad gamer.

Did you ever see the South Park Episode with Brittany Spears?

Okay, that's basically video games too.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I'll just be quietly sad that another FF game sucks and go play something else like I did when XIII released

I think I'm the only person in this thread who liked XIII.

I didn't see any trailers, avoided everything for the entire marketing campaign. This was only because I was in a phase of just not caring about video games so I didn't seek anything out.

Then I bought it at Kmart during the last time they actually sold video games...and then I liked it. :v:

Am I broken?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No, other people liked 13 too, they tend to get drowned out because the people who hated it really hated it.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Sakurazuka posted:

No, other people liked 13 too, they tend to get drowned out because the people who hated it really hated it.

Strangely enough, Lightning Returns is my least favorite of the three. I have tried to get into it twice now and the schedule/time limit just turns me off entirely. 13-2 is my favorite because you get to wander off much earlier in the story and Noel isn't as much of a twat.

Re: carbuncle summon: the only other two prizes I can find evidence of are a lanyard and a $25 SE store coupon.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is Justice Monsters 5 not out on iOS yet? Can't find it on the app store.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bloodplay it again posted:

Strangely enough, Lightning Returns is my least favorite of the three. I have tried to get into it twice now and the schedule/time limit just turns me off entirely. 13-2 is my favorite because you get to wander off much earlier in the story and Noel isn't as much of a twat.

Re: carbuncle summon: the only other two prizes I can find evidence of are a lanyard and a $25 SE store coupon.

I love 13-2

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
So you think you can race this chocobo?!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

ThermoPhysical posted:

I didn't see any trailers, avoided everything for the entire marketing campaign. This was only because I was in a phase of just not caring about video games so I didn't seek anything out.

Then I bought it at Kmart during the last time they actually sold video games...and then I liked it. :v:

Am I broken?

FFXIII is alright. However, they started the actual development of the game way too late in the production and it shows. Did you know, the developers admitted in a postmortem interview that they didn't have any concrete playable builds until they were ordered to release a public demo for it alongside the Advent Children movie?

That sorta explains why there's very little to do in the game outside following a set path and fighting monsters

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Onmi posted:

People are going to call it a train wreck no matter what. People are already calling it a trainwreck from the 3 hours of footage we have!

Oh look at that foliage. It's like 2000s here :smug:

Uuuuuuuggghh

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ThermoPhysical posted:

Am I broken?

Nah, the Final Fantasy main thread is full of weirdos people like you. :)

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

ImpAtom posted:

Cynical nerds hope things fail so it proves they're meaningful and justified in disliking it for superficial reasons, news at 11.

Basically the same reason everyone jumped all over Lochte. Everyone wants to tear down the idols they're jealous of.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Basically the same reason everyone jumped all over Lochte. Everyone wants to tear down the idols they're jealous of.

talk about a false equivalency, yowza

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
In Final Fantasy XV they don't have IPads, they have 'Libre Tablets'.

I learned this from the terrible, terrible movie Kingsglaive.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Vitamin P posted:

In Final Fantasy XV they don't have IPads, they have 'Libre Tablets'.

I learned this from the terrible, terrible movie Kingsglaive.

On a scale from I to X, where I is Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within and X is Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, how does Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV hold up?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Donnerberg posted:

On a scale from I to X, where I is Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within and X is Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, how does Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV hold up?

It's better than both of them. I mean maybe Spirits Within has aged really well and had layers of complexity I didn't notice as a nipper but I doubt it.

As a string of dumb action scenes it's okay, the talky bits are trash. But part of that's the setting, I don't know why in the year of our lord 2016 they thought a story about the divine right of kings was a good idea. The few bits that engaged my brain I was pretty firmly on the Niflheim empires side.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Vitamin P posted:

It's better than both of them. I mean maybe Spirits Within has aged really well and had layers of complexity I didn't notice

Nope nope nope holy poo poo it's terrible.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
My official ranking of bizarre episodes where SE thinks they're a film studio:

1. Spirits Within (this is a legit good movie)
2. Kingsglaive (pretty okay)
3. Advent Children (actually slightly embarrassing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Maybe it's nostalgia talking, but I think I like Advent Children better than Kingsglaive. At least, if there weren't all of those annoying kids then I definitely would. One of my biggest gripes with Kingsglaive is that the motivation for two characters is some lovely empire started a world war and ruined our homes forcing us into the capital city of the territory we were in. Because we could use magic we got recruited for WAR. And although it wasn't the territory's fault they didn't have the military strength to defend our homes in the first place, we still hate them and will fight with the lovely empire because maybe we'll get our homes back?

So even though the action was pretty cool, it was still hard to follow in some of the scenes, especially toward the end, with everyone warping around. And the lip-syncing was pretty bad for some of the more minor characters, which is a shame because everything else looked so darn purdy.

• Locked thread