Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Toaster Beef posted:

Just FYI, y'all: They're also the last ones I'll be doing. I wanted something more final than just dropping off the face of the earth like I usually do, and this is a pretty good opportunity.

Also hey everybody, I miss you tons
We miss you too :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

effectual posted:

All you bastards getting married and growing up and finding more important and fulfilling things to do than make nfl jokes, dammit!

I might pick up a new project somewhere down the line, for whatever that's worth.

Here's the thing: Lack of time is certainly a factor, but realistically, I haven't been able to keep a steady run of TMM comics going for more than a few months at a time in years, and that's not just a matter of being busy. Time to just tie it off. Especially since the folks who have liked these things since I started loving around with 'em almost seven years ago deserve better than just a straight-up abandonment of the thing.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

TMM is the best and I'm very happy to see it get one last hurrah.

All the Jeff George cameos, please!

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Kirios posted:

TMM is the best and I'm very happy to see it get one last hurrah.

All the Jeff George cameos, please!

Jeff George's kid plays QB for the Illini, it's like a little cameo every Saturday

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Toaster Beef posted:

Just FYI, y'all: They're also the last ones I'll be doing. I wanted something more final than just dropping off the face of the earth like I usually do, and this is a pretty good opportunity.

Also hey everybody, I miss you tons

:(

All good things....

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785134&pagenumber=159#post463733031

Idea for the Breeze

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can someone edit my chiratar so that Teddy's leg is bent the wrong way at the knee please and thank you. It'd be on his back (left) leg.

vvv that's good too vvv

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 30, 2016

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Make it so he's holding his severed leg instead of the football.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

It's just a flesh wound!

edit

I don't know the difference between a knee and a hip, apparently.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Aug 30, 2016

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
This Bridgewater story has given me an idea for a comic. Let's see if I have any talent to pull it off.

my holes are ready
Oct 26, 2006
Comic idea - I can't remember if there was a money fort gag about Andrew Luck's contract, but you can have the usual suspects comparing their forts and air ships and whatnot. Have a couple of panels where it slowly zooms out and you see the whole thing is taking place on Peyton Manning's forehead that is made of money. It continues to zoom out until you see Peyton sitting on his couch in his bathrobe (like in his new commercials) with his eyes bulging as he is reading a newspaper about Minnesota looking for a new quarterback.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Luck was the one who had the air ship.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

"Vikings need a new QB"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Wilford Cutlery posted:

"Vikings need a new QB"

:thurman:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Comic idea, wedding edition-Dave and the Mrs-to-be are going over the pre-nup agreement, and it's all about what teams it is permissible to make your future kids fans of. "We agree not to make our children fans of teams that have sub .500 records over the last 10 years as of his or her sixth birthday, or the Team currently has Norv Turner on their staff"

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

SirPhoebos posted:

Comic idea, wedding edition-Dave and the Mrs-to-be are going over the pre-nup agreement, and it's all about what teams it is permissible to make your future kids fans of. "We agree not to make our children fans of teams that have sub .500 records over the last 10 years as of his or her sixth birthday, or the Team currently has Norv Turner on their staff"

Flash forward 20 years and a super angsty Febreeze Jr. rebels against dad by wearing emo Eagles gear. "gently caress you dad, Eli was poo poo! Romo was the best ever!"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

Flash forward 20 years and a super angsty Febreeze Jr. rebels against dad by wearing emo Eagles gear. "gently caress you dad, Eli was poo poo! Romo was the best ever!"

At gettin' hurt, I guess.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Why are you fuckers just full of ideas the instant i enter a two week phase when I can't produce any of them

Also next week is dedicated to Too Much Mustard and it's going to be a perfect sendoff

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Febreeze posted:

Why are you fuckers just full of ideas the instant i enter a two week phase when I can't produce any of them

Also next week is dedicated to Too Much Mustard and it's going to be a perfect sendoff

It's cool I am making it myself

It's gonna look terrrrrrrrible

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
It's 2036 and Febreeze must cope with the fact that his teenage daughter is going out on a first date. The boy shows up with roses and Knocks on the door politely, instead of sitting in the driveway honking. Febreeze opens the door and kindly ushers him in. The young suitor lowers his bouquet, revealing a Browns jersey. Febreeze kindly ushers him out.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I bought a super cheap lovely tablet a few years back on clearance (haha Udraw) then realized I couldn't even draw a straight circle with it and so I shot it with a gun.

So that's the first and last time I tried cartooning.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I bet it didn't draw rectangular triangles either:smuggo:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chichevache posted:

It's 2036 and Febreeze must cope with the fact that his teenage daughter is going out on a first date. The boy shows up with roses and Knocks on the door politely, instead of sitting in the driveway honking. Febreeze opens the door and kindly ushers him in. The young suitor lowers his bouquet, revealing a Browns jersey. Febreeze kindly ushers him out.

I would love for my daughter to date a Browns fan

You know he won't score

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

I bought a super cheap lovely tablet a few years back on clearance (haha Udraw) then realized I couldn't even draw a straight circle with it and so I shot it with a gun.

Another Patriots fan obsessed with perfect spheres?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

NC-17 posted:

Another Patriots fan obsessed with perfect spheres?

( . ) ( . )

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I would love for my daughter to date a Browns fan

You know he won't score
Yeah but she could still catch MRSA

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I did more than a hundred comics of lovely stick figures and only drew a handful of them with anything more than a mouse, ain't a single excuse for not giving it a go

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Toaster Beef posted:

I did more than a hundred comics of lovely stick figures and only drew a handful of them with anything more than a mouse, ain't a single excuse for not giving it a go
You more than made up for it with your punch line delivery though, which is something that is very hard to emulate.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If Toaster Beef wrote and Febreeze drew it would be the greatest comic ever.

(Not that Febreeze doesn't have good humor, it's actually quite good, but TB is top in class IMO)

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Kirios posted:

If Toaster Beef wrote and Febreeze drew it would be the greatest comic ever.

(Not that Febreeze doesn't have good humor, it's actually quite good, but TB is top in class IMO)

We did that once

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/the-giants-prepare-for-the-eagles/

i still hate him for making me draw that many panels

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Yeah I'd gladly write for The Draw Play on the regular but Dave's arm would fall off within weeks. I'm terrible at keeping comics brief. The ones that're going up next week are stupid long.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

If you want to write one once in a while I'd be fine with it, just give me a heads up more than a day before so I can set aside the time for it

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

We did that once

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/the-giants-prepare-for-the-eagles/

i still hate him for making me draw that many panels

hehehe, it's so subtly brilliant.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Aye, it's why you two should do it more. It's a comedic style / artistic style that really meshes well together.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Kalli posted:

Was just looking for something and I stumbled on this old thing:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Holy poo poo

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'd like to imagine that Teddy actually said "oh heckums" as he dropped back

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

OH SWEET MAPLE BACON

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Dang, that one guy is SUPER MAD over a guest comic on TDP.

He takes his cartoon internet art pretty serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Athanatos posted:

Dang, that one guy is SUPER MAD over a guest comic on TDP.

He takes his cartoon internet art pretty serious.

People like that are why I'm okay TMM never got big. What a total prick.

"This is what TDP is about now?" Eat poo poo.

• Locked thread