Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Im gonna go full gay in cold steel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there's a side character who's explicitly a bi dude and another side character who's explicitly lesbian and they're both handled decently imo, if that encourages you any. there's some Wacky Lesbian Flirting but nobody really seems horrified by it they mostly just go 'haha you big goof come on dial it back.' and there's even a bit where her family disapproves and instead of it being this super angsty thing she's just kinda 'yeah it sucks but hey, what can you do' and then rides off on her sweet motorcycle.

rean's gay 'romance options' aren't really that explicit tho, there's a lot of teasing and even some acknowledgment of the possibility and if you want to read it that way with Jusis or Crow you totally can but there's nothing that kinda cinches the lock there, you know. It's sorta lame they didn't go all the way with it considering the side characters but I'd take it over every explicitly gay bioware romance sooooo it evens out.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's okay Valkyrie Drive is out in two weeks.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

And they are making a Nights of Azure 2. For reasons.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if it's anything like senran kagura, they won't make it explicitly romantic there, either

Saoshyant posted:

And they are making a Nights of Azure 2. For reasons.
if it's anything like nights of azure 1, etc

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Nyeehg posted:

Wait, Attack on titan is on vita too? Anyone know if the port is any good?

Only two reviews but both mention technical problems.

http://thevitalounge.net/2016/08/26/attack-on-titan-wings-of-freedom/

Mentions frame rate issues.

http://www.brashgames.co.uk/2016/08/27/a-o-t-wings-of-freedom-review/

Mentioned pop in issues.

Both say that the game is fun and does the source material justice though. The game is too high priced for me and I'm still working through The Backlog so I'll wait for a sale at some point. Omega Force's licensed games tend to have a deeper discount than their mainline titles BUT those sales are also just as rare as the sales on the mainline titles. That's ehat I've noticed at least.

Someone else feel free to correct me though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The good friends meme

Only now you get a choice of friends

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

The good friends meme

Only now you get a choice of friends

the atelier meruru ending where two women exchange rings, promise to be together for the rest of their lives, hug, and then the trophy says 'friends forever'

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Endorph posted:

if it's anything like senran kagura, they won't make it explicitly romantic there, either

Ranka wants to marry her sis and has already planned their wedding and honeymoon. Does that count?

https://twitter.com/RiceDigital/status/770995107994755076

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Depends on how literal that 'sis' is

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Ranka wants to marry her sis and has already planned their wedding and honeymoon. Does that count?
i really wish it didn't, op.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

i really wish it didn't, op.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sakurazuka posted:

Depends on how literal that 'sis' is

What do you think?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

I thought Yagyu and Hibari were p explicit.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

What do you think?

:shrug:

Junpei Hyde posted:

Meh, I dunno how it ended up but it started off in Burst with Hibari being a stand in for Yagyu's dead sister and Hibari being completely oblivious, so it's not exactly the romance of the century.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Gust is also making this

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:same:

lol Gust skirting as close as they can get

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

That isn't even the romance they push with Hibari, it's all about Haruka/Hibari

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

lets hang out posted:

Gust is also making this

Wait, are they taking a shot at making Valkyrie Drive but less in your face? What is this game exactly?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A 'Heroic RPG' obviously.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

13/f/cali posted:

Is it just me or does the timing in Project Diva X feel easier than in other games in the series?

I can't speak for the other games in the series but there are only a few songs that give me trouble on the harder difficulties (and I still pass them), and I'm certainly no rhythm game pro.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

The Black Stones posted:

Basically our dollar went a little bit down and now every company figures it's a good idea to price gouge the poo poo out of us while they can. While Sony is raising PSN price by 10$ for everyone. Canada gets theirs raised by 20$. Awesome.

Make the CAD great again.... That's a legal yet totally dickish move on their part. Then again, now we know how Australians feel, a little.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

What do you think?

It's obviously that they're part of the same sisterhood of the traveling skirts.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

Wait, are they taking a shot at making Valkyrie Drive but less in your face? What is this game exactly?
It's a magical girl game. It's nothing like Valkyrie Drive. It's just a magical girl game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It sounds interesting at least, I'm tentatively interested.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope it gets localised, most Gust/KT stuff does nowadays but I still worry.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

You will be kind of disappointed if you think it's anything more than "these guys are REALLY close friends, but you can write fanfiction about it if you want."

I figured that would be the case but it's still more than most. Even vita darling Persona doesn't go that far which is a drat shame. That said...

Endorph posted:

there's a side character who's explicitly a bi dude and another side character who's explicitly lesbian and they're both handled decently imo, if that encourages you any. there's some Wacky Lesbian Flirting but nobody really seems horrified by it they mostly just go 'haha you big goof come on dial it back.' and there's even a bit where her family disapproves and instead of it being this super angsty thing she's just kinda 'yeah it sucks but hey, what can you do' and then rides off on her sweet motorcycle.

THIS is certainly interesting. If it is even halfway decent I'll be impressed. Are they missable or am I guaranteed to run into them even if I don't do all the Side quests?

Wamdoodle posted:

Only two reviews but both mention technical problems.

http://thevitalounge.net/2016/08/26/attack-on-titan-wings-of-freedom/

Mentions frame rate issues.

http://www.brashgames.co.uk/2016/08/27/a-o-t-wings-of-freedom-review/

Mentioned pop in issues.

Both say that the game is fun and does the source material justice though. The game is too high priced for me and I'm still working through The Backlog so I'll wait for a sale at some point. Omega Force's licensed games tend to have a deeper discount than their mainline titles BUT those sales are also just as rare as the sales on the mainline titles. That's ehat I've noticed at least.

Someone else feel free to correct me though.

Eh, in that case I'll wait and see. I hoped it would run as well as Shin Gundam Musou but oh well. Will probably get it if it gets discounted. Ah well.

Nyeehg fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 31, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

It sounds interesting at least, I'm tentatively interested.

:same:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The character models are a tad unsettling from certain angles.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nyeehg posted:

THIS is certainly interesting. If it is even halfway decent I'll be impressed. Are they missable or am I guaranteed to run into them even if I don't do all the Side quests?
Nah, they're fairly major characters in the plot, one even joins your party briefly.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Schrodingers cat posted:

It's obviously that they're part of the same sisterhood of the traveling skirts.

You better don't read the comments on that tweet then.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Gross.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I only read comments on youtube videos, helps me put things in perspective.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Anyone who bought Diva X please do yourself a favour and get the Hand in Hand DLC. Song owns.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Also, Diva X isn't exactly easier, the step charts are still real bastards sometimes, but the grading system changes and the equipment system mean that in story mode you're probably not going to fail a level for a very long time because most of the time you can just bumble through and get an okay score. Rhythm Play has the old scoring system and it's still pretty brutal at times.

sayonara chainsaw
Sep 27, 2013
The free Snow Miku modules also have boosts that make things easier.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Were they free??

sayonara chainsaw
Sep 27, 2013
Snow Miku 2016 isn't but the Snow Miku 2010-2015 pack is free .

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

snow miku 2016 can't win alabama

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what the gently caress i paid for it yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy posted:

what the gently caress i paid for it yesterday

Weekly PSN fuckups are a two way street.