Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kalli posted:

Colin Kaepernick gives a twenty minute long interview laying out exactly why he's doing what he's doing, the people he's worked with and what he hopes to accomplish.

But yeah, he probably just wants to get cut because he sucks.

That's how things work now though. Someone has complicated reasons behind their actions and people who disagree reduce it to "Why do you hate (thing that's hard to publicly hate)?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
If you really wanna troll people hard on social media may I suggest this image:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I hate America

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
so sitting down during the national anthem is as bad as murdering your pregnant girlfriend. got it :waycool:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

quote:

All seven estimated 90 to 95 percent of NFL front offices felt the same way they did. One executive said he hasn't seen this much collective dislike among front office members regarding a player since Rae Carruth.

murderers, rapists, domestic abusers, are looked upon with more regard than kaepernick

what a league

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Poonerman posted:

murderers, rapists, domestic abusers, are looked upon with more regard than kaepernick

what a league
it's really disgusting but i'll continue to watch anyway because I'm a shitlord

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

His Q rating must be through the roof!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

I made a comment on this image on imgur noting how I thought it was funny Ben Roethelisberger was giving Kap poo poo about it when he's an actual rapist.

Of course I got poo poo all over saying that Ben wasn't an actual rapist and those women were just looking for a payday.

I really need to stop posting elsewhere.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Rasmussen_Poll/status/771035932585758720

WTF

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

About 40% of the country is cool with electing Donald Trump, of course they're going to watch to punish thug who disrespect are troops.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Yeah this has been true for a while now. No one ever called Ray Rice an evil traitor even though it was pretty fitting.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Parmesan Basil posted:

Yeah this has been true for a while now. No one ever called Ray Rice an evil traitor even though it was pretty fitting.

Ray Rice punched a black person and not DA FLAG *single tear*

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Yes, Ray Rice's career has truly been booming since that incident. What team is he on this year?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Yes, Ray Rice's career has truly been booming since that incident. What team is he on this year?

Ray was on the downswing of his career when he knocked Janay out but still got all the support in the world from fans and his team, had ESPN discussing "elements of provocation", and the team itself saying it was Janay's fault.

He got a ton more benefit of the doubt than Colin has been getting.

E: poo poo, the entire league tried to bury the tape and pretend it didn't exist until TMZ got a hold of it.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Marquis de Pyro posted:

To this day people in the industry are still saying he deserves another chance. Kaep won't get that.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Parmesan Basil posted:

Kaep won't get that.
He will once the furor over this stupid thing dies down

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

If you really wanna troll people hard on social media may I suggest this image:

so edgy

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
If Kap was still 2012 Kap... imagine the circus. The glorious circus of scorching takes and years long friendships disintegrating through petty facebook arguments.

My god it would have been delicious.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Chromatic posted:

If Kap was still 2012 Kap... imagine the circus. The glorious circus of scorching takes and years long friendships disintegrating through petty facebook arguments.

My god it would have been delicious.

Yeah, but I don't think he would've done it if he had anything to lose

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

cravius posted:

Eh he still has things to lose. If that bleacher report thing is right he lost a lot of places to play backup QB/try to resurrect his career at the very least.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
So the general consensus among NFL executives is "Uppity negro doesn't know how good he has it." Sadly I'm not surprised.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
holding black athletes to Ali's standard is really dumb. I totally get why guys like Cam give all lives matter interviews, especially when the question is directly asked. It's a huge shitstorm even if what you say isn't controversial at all, there are many people in this country that just don't like hearing talk about race

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/telesurenglish/status/770955843676336128

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

cravius posted:

What makes you feel qualified to say that?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is that really a Castro t-shirt? :lol:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Bye Kap!

Edit: I'm not anti-kap but this is totally a circus of its own now that probably no team is going to want a part of.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Niwrad posted:

Is that really a Castro t-shirt? :lol:

If he never plays another down, I hope he has a long post-football career trolling racist sports fans.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
comparisons to rae carruth jesus loving christ

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
i just scrolled quickly through the cravius posts in this thread so you don't have to

you'll never guess, they're rambling, off-target dog poo poo coated in a thin veneer of byob self-quoting irony

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
woke Kaep loving owns

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

ChickenMedium posted:

If he never plays another down, I hope he has a long post-football career trolling racist sports fans.

Bomani + Kaep Show

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

haha he doesn't give a gently caress.

I love Kaep

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Mel Mudkiper posted:

woke Kaep loving owns

Of the four California NFL starting QBs, two of them are religious weirdos who don't swear (as in Derek Carr got mad at a beat writer for misquoting "dang" as "drat"), one is case keenum and kaepernick had seen the other side. Wonderful

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
'I'm going to take a stand against racism'

'Also, Fidel Castro owns'

well, I guess he's not #woke to everything

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

woke Kaep loving owns

Yaws posted:

haha he doesn't give a gently caress.

I love Kaep
saem

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Tried to explain to some of my coworkers who are all conservative that Kaep was not in the wrong, but apparently he should have just used his millions for a cause instead of making a spectacle . Glad my freep mentor who carpools with me on Wednesday didn't rant on him or that 20 year friendship would go down the tubes and he would blackball from the job he helped get me.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/johnbreech/status/771156784039931904

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

'I'm going to take a stand against racism'

'Also, Fidel Castro owns'

well, I guess he's not #woke to everything

Castro does indeed own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I for one think racism is bad

• Locked thread