Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The Management posted:

lol coffee snobs.

starbucks is just, really bad though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

zen death robot posted:

or *gasp* fill up a travel mug on your way out of the house

this. get a real vacuum insulated mug too, stays hot all day. i got this one its p. nice

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i got a couple from the 99c store idk suit my needs. but ill tbh i like room temp coffee lol. bc u can drink it fast. guess i got fail lose aids

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i got a couple other deece travel mugs that ppl left at my theatre. also sweaters and poo poo. pretty deece

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
get one made by the only brand that matters.

zojirushi

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

when did this turn into the coffee thread

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

we already have one of those for coffee sperging

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Wild EEPROM posted:

zojirushi

got one next to me so I stay hydrated for epic posts in the bathroom downstairs

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

jony neuemonic posted:

starbucks isn't great but it's recognizably coffee.

i don't know what tim horton's is serving.

the thing that grows in the absence of national identity

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Endless Mike posted:

google ditching the nexus name and standard android and licening touchwiz from samsung since that's what people actually buy

http://m.androidcentral.com/end-nexus-2016-google-phones-forge-new-path

lol, does this mean literally just using touchwiz wholesale or just licensing the look and feel? cuz loving lol is all the actual functionality of touchwiz broken as poo poo.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Nests entire platform team will become part of Google, which also resides under the Alphabet umbrella, in order to create a unified Internet of things platform. It will be led by longtime Google executive Hiroshi Lockheimer, who currently serves as senior vice president of Android and who recently assumed more responsibility for living room products. The combined group also will continue to work on Google Home, a smart speaker rival to the Amazon Echo, while simultaneously fending off Amazon challenges elsewhere in the smart home.

Nest and Google are likely to pitch this as an obvious synergy, but it also plays into ongoing efforts to pare costs at smaller Alphabet units other than Google. By moving Nest software developers over to Google payroll, Nests financial situation would improve dramatically (so long as new Nest-branded products continue to be developed).

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

Series DD Funding posted:

had an on-site interview at google cambridge today, there's a fire pole you can slide down between floors :eyepop:

PM me if you end up getting an offer

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

lol, does this mean literally just using touchwiz wholesale or just licensing the look and feel? cuz loving lol is all the actual functionality of touchwiz broken as poo poo.

the touchwiz bit was hyperbole, for now anyway. probably just means that custom launcher that's already leaked

but yeah looks like Google is probably gonna gently caress up the nexus line

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Wild EEPROM posted:

zojirushi

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

ANROID

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

we already have one of those for coffee sperging

do i sense a twinge of regret

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

The Management posted:

Nests entire platform team will become part of Google, which also resides under the Alphabet umbrella, in order to create a unified Internet of things platform. It will be led by longtime Google executive Hiroshi Lockheimer, who currently serves as senior vice president of Android and who recently assumed more responsibility for living room products. The combined group also will continue to work on Google Home, a smart speaker rival to the Amazon Echo, while simultaneously fending off Amazon challenges elsewhere in the smart home.

Nest and Google are likely to pitch this as an obvious synergy, but it also plays into ongoing efforts to pare costs at smaller Alphabet units other than Google. By moving Nest software developers over to Google payroll, Nests financial situation would improve dramatically (so long as new Nest-branded products continue to be developed).

people unironically said google was going to the "21st century GE" and larry page invited comparisons to berkshire hathaway in a big FT interview

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

biz my butthole

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Mr Dog posted:

American gas station coffee is surprisingly good. That's one of the small things that took me by surprise when I moved to the USA.

4 hour old gas station burner coffee is twice as good as fresh starbucks

zen death robot posted:

or *gasp* fill up a travel mug on your way out of the house

maxwell house drip crew. delicious. 20 cents a travel mug. lol

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

DuckConference posted:

the touchwiz bit was hyperbole, for now anyway. probably just means that custom launcher that's already leaked

but yeah looks like Google is probably gonna gently caress up the nexus line

its more than just launcher according to leaks as it affects the nav bar too

its not really any different from everything else theyve been doing afaict its still a google branded device with a lot of proprietary bits on top as long as the factory images are available idgaf

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

the worst coffee i had was when we visited boston. we didnt know that the place basically shuts down on sunday (and at night) so when were wandering around on a chilly, drizzly sunday morning the only place we could find to get warm drinks was a dunkin donuts. i just ordered "coffee with cream" and what they handed me was nearly white it had so much cream in it. then they kicked us out because it was 5 to noon and they were about to close. boston was weird.

Dunk's is open until about 6pm so idk what idiot dunk's you went to

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Also I've never had an issue finding a cool place to get coffee on Sunday morning so sorry you're bad at googling for coffee shops I guess

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Celexi posted:

Canada broadband is a great example of what happens when you deregulate too much which is ironic considering canada's healthcare being the opposite.

Currently Shaw has a 150/15 deal for only $49.90*&^# a month with a Price Guarantee%

* $49.90 for the first year only.
^ $79.90 for the second year.
& $135 after that.
# must sign 2-year contract
% this is obviously not a price guarantee of any kind. it is actually a contract that lets them raise the price. it's the exact opposite.

i'm not making any of this up. so as you can see this deregulation leads to a lot of worthwhile innovation.

THC posted:

just ordered Shaw 150Mbps for 60 Canadian pesos a month ($46 in real money)

you should call right now and see if there is a grace period to get out of that. i'm not kidding. the whole reason for this plan was to get you on a contract before Telus Fibre reaches your house, which could be any day now literally. they have like half of vancouver serviced now. 150/150 is $85/mo sans-contract which is what you'll be paying after the first year. thats after their 6-month sign up deal of 50% off or whatever. and ping is better.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

BTW, https://didgoogleshutdown.com now enforces https.

Also, I updated nest to say it's days are numbered due to merging their team with the rest of Google.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

also, lol at AT&T going savage on Google over their failed Internet plans.

http://www.attpublicpolicy.com/fcc/broadband-investmentnot-for-the-faint-of-heart/

this is the company who are saving everything. getting into every industry and disrupting it on a huge scale, money being no object.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Is that in an effort to make it a Progressive Web App?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

The Merkinman posted:

Is that in an effort to make it a Progressive Web App?

no it is not.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

according to your own numbers if I use shaw for 2 years I will spend $480 less than if I use telus, which does not yet offer speeds above 50 Mbps in the building.

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Aug 31, 2016

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

THC posted:

according to your own numbers if I use shaw for 2 years I will spend $480 less than if I use telus, which does not yet offer speeds above 50 Mbps in the building.

It's only $235 more over 2 years, for contract-free fibre.

EDIT: actually only $235 cause I see there is a 6-month intro price offered too.

PleasureKevin fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 31, 2016

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
you should add webpass to the google deadpool

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Shaggar posted:

ironically drinking bad coffee is extremely hipster.

who orders coffee at starbucks? its like ordering salad at mcdonalds

ill have one liquid sugar with a shot of espresso in it thanks

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Series DD Funding posted:

had an on-site interview at google cambridge today, there's a fire pole you can slide down between floors :eyepop:

in zurich there is a big rear end slide going through every floor in the building

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
does anyone actually get to use these things or are they just there for interview candidates to speed them out of the building

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
ppl use the climbing wall here, amazingly. the beach volleyball court is free for public use which is cool and good.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
I got a google OnHub for the home and it's a really good router tbh

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

ShadowHawk posted:

I got a google OnHub for the home and it's a really good router tbh

didn't they review that and found it sucked.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

no, you're thinking of that other one Google product that was bad.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i got a tp-link archer c8 that is half the price of the onhub and it works great, perfect

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Linguica posted:

no, you're thinking of that other one Google product that was bad.

i assure you it's bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
RIP John McCain feel better xoxo 💋 🙏
Taco Defender

PleasureKevin posted:

also, lol at AT&T going savage on Google over their failed Internet plans.

http://www.attpublicpolicy.com/fcc/broadband-investmentnot-for-the-faint-of-heart/

this is the company who are saving everything. getting into every industry and disrupting it on a huge scale, money being no object.

lmao. what happened to that balloon internet poo poo? does google still use that as an example of innovation or is it killed?

• Locked thread